PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Monday at 7 PM Central Time on NFL Network.

Rain Man
05-02-2009, 08:10 PM
1994. Monday night. Joe Montana performs open-heart surgery on the Broncos without any anesthetic. Be there with your popcorn.

On another note, there's some Dallas Cowboy cheerleader show on now, and they're modeling bikinis. The guy who is helping them pick bikinis is obviously gay. That's a huge waste.

Skip Towne
05-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Most of those girls are flat chested.

Pioli Zombie
05-02-2009, 09:11 PM
That was the greatest MNF game ever. Montanas last great moment.
Posted via Mobile Device

Miss Understood
05-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Unfortunately, I don't get the NFL Network. :(

BryanBusby
05-02-2009, 11:23 PM

The entire game can be watched on youtube.

JazzzLovr
05-02-2009, 11:24 PM
LOVE that game! Thanks for letting us know, Rain Man. Gonna have to set my DVR for that one!

Bowser
05-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Time Warner = debbil.

Miss Understood
05-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Time Warner = debbil.

MediaCom too.

luv
05-02-2009, 11:41 PM
MediaCom too.

So true.

C-Mac
05-03-2009, 03:13 AM

www.kcchiefsgames.com :)

Reerun_KC
05-03-2009, 06:59 AM
Does everybody remember where you were during that game?

I was stationed at Eglin AFB in Ft Walton Beach FL... Living on base in base housing, woke up the wife and daughter, and the neighbors as well...

WOW what a night that was.

cdcox
05-03-2009, 08:21 AM

I was stationed at Eglin AFB in Ft Walton Beach FL... Living on base in base housing, woke up the wife and daughter, and the neighbors as well...

In a hotel bar in Chicago on a business Trip. I won a Brooks and Dunne Tee-shirt for knowing some bit of trivia.

Nzoner
05-03-2009, 08:36 AM

At the game with a couple of buddies and a tour group from KC called Chiefs Travel,I'll never forget our "group leader" if you will from the tour company trying to get us all to head towards the buses after Elway's last TD.Since I'd had quite a few beers and the biggest mouth I was basically the spokesperson for the group when I yelled,"That's Montana down there and there's over a minute and a half left,we ain't going anywhere,this game's not even close to being over!!"

Greatest game I've ever had the opportunity to see live.

milkman
05-03-2009, 08:42 AM
It's really sad that our "classic" games are essentially meaningless regular season games.

Deberg_1990
05-03-2009, 08:45 AM
It's really sad that our "classic" games are essentially meaningless regular season games.

Heh, your starting to sound a little like Mecca.

Your right though....quit bringing me down. :)

Nzoner
05-03-2009, 09:24 AM

Think about your statement if we hadn't had the opportunity to have Joe here for 2 seasons.

milkman
05-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Think about your statement if we hadn't had the opportunity to have Joe here for 2 seasons.

We had Joe for two years and won how many championships?

I still say trading for Montana was a long term mistake.

Nzoner
05-03-2009, 09:46 AM

I was actually referring to two exciting play-off wins.

milkman
05-03-2009, 09:50 AM
I was actually referring to two exciting play-off wins.

Doesn't matter.

Trading for a 3 year fix, at best (turned out to be a two year fix), was extremely short sighted.

If he lead the Chiefs to the SB, then maybe I think differently.

However, he didn't, and the fact is that Carl essentially opened a two year window that we didn't get through.

thurman merman
05-03-2009, 08:29 PM
awesome, thanks for the heads up rain man.

Coogs
05-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Thought this thread deserved a bump.

vailpass
05-04-2009, 01:52 PM
That the best ya' got? :D

Von Dumbass
05-04-2009, 02:01 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=80343

Coogs
05-04-2009, 02:11 PM
That the best ya' got? :D

It's just a great football game. I watch the classic games on NFLNetwork from time-to-time regardless of who is playing. Great football is great football.

Frazod
05-04-2009, 07:03 PM
So who's watching this?

Lin Elliot just kicked off. :spock:

Crush
05-04-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm watching it. I cannot believe how inconsistent that 94 team was. One week, we beat the soon-to-be World Champion 49ers and then we turn around and get shutout at home to the sorry-ass Rams.

Frazod
05-04-2009, 07:12 PM
So strange to watch a game without the first down line or all the stupid graphics.

KCFalcon59
05-04-2009, 07:31 PM
God damned Marty. I got so tired of him faking a 4th down to try and draw them offsides. It never worked.

HemiEd
05-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up Kevin, same time as the Royals game so I will record them both.

prhom
05-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Too bad we have to watch Shannon Sharpe playing in this game. Thanks for the heads up though. I just found out last weekend that I've had NFL network for about a month...wow am I an idiot. A happy idiot now though!

KCFalcon59
05-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Denver actually got called for 2 holding calls so far.

prhom
05-04-2009, 07:39 PM
I really miss Neil smith and DT

prhom
05-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Are the only Chiefs games they show on NFL Network the ones where Montana was QB?

Marcellus
05-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Are the only Chiefs games they show on NFL Network the ones where Montana was QB?

I would like to see the MNF game in 1997, I think it was, vs Raiders. Rison catches the TD with about 17 seconds left to get the win.

I couldn't sleep for hours after that game.

Rain Man
05-04-2009, 07:53 PM
I would like to see the MNF game in 1997, I think it was, vs Raiders. Rison catches the TD with about 17 seconds left to get the win.

Was it that year or '95 where we kept pulling out the wins in improbable fashion? Vanover returning punts, Hasty returning interceptions, it seemed like we were a chosen team one of those years...until it happened.

That Rison catch may be the most excited I've ever been watching a football game, even more so than the Montana game. I remember exactly that moment and jumping up off the couch yelling when it happened. I don't know why, but it just seemed so wildly out of the blue.

Fruit Ninja
05-04-2009, 07:54 PM

lol I was scared to leave the stadium after that play. I was screaming my ass off in the stands, but once you go inside the halls, watch out. lol

Fruit Ninja
05-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Was it that year or '95 where we kept pulling out the wins in improbable fashion? Vanover returning punts, Hasty returning interceptions, it seemed like we were a chosen team one of those years...until it happened.

That Rison catch may be the most excited I've ever been watching a football game, even more so than the Montana game. I remember exactly that moment and jumping up off the couch yelling when it happened. I don't know why, but it just seemed so wildly out of the blue.

lol i was one of the 10 Chiefs fans in the stadium screaming. The stadium was soo quiet. So bad ass.

Rain Man
05-04-2009, 07:59 PM
lol i was one of the 10 Chiefs fans in the stadium screaming. The stadium was soo quiet. So bad ass.

That was back when Monday night games started later, and I remember running around a little bit and then having a strong debate about whether I should wake my wife up to tell her about it. "Should I? Should I? No, she's asleep. But THAT WAS THE COOLEST WIN EVER! She'd want to know as soon as possible! Should I? Should I?"

Marcellus
05-04-2009, 08:00 PM

It was 97' I just looked up Rison's stats. I remember it perfectly too. I was at a friends house and his wife was asleep, we both jumped up and started yelling and high fiving each other she woke up with a what the hell is going on!

I had the radio call as my boot sound on my old computer for a long time. Every time I booted it up instead of the Windows chime thing Mich Holtus called that play........

Marcellus
05-04-2009, 08:02 PM
That was back when Monday night games started later, and I remember running around a little bit and then having a strong debate about whether I should wake my wife up to tell her about it. "Should I? Should I? No, she's asleep. But THAT WAS THE COOLEST WIN EVER! She'd want to know as soon as possible! Should I? Should I?"

Also the only great moment Grbac ever had as a Chief.:banghead:

Fruit Ninja
05-04-2009, 08:05 PM

Yep, was a killer game, I think we had like a 15 game winning streak against the Raiders back then. lol I was on the other side of where the catch took place, i was about 18 rows up on the 10 yardline. I couldnt even see the catch. I just seen the Chiefs jumping for joy, then i seen it on the jumbotron. It was just awesome.

prhom
05-04-2009, 08:12 PM

I had to go to sleep (school night back then) but wore my chiefs jersey the next day to celebrate. If I remeber correctly Rison hadn't really done anything to that point in the season and wasn't that his first year with us?

prhom
05-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Ha! Lin just kicked it out of bounds on the kickoff! What a joke.

Marcellus
05-04-2009, 08:16 PM
I had to go to sleep (school night back then) but wore my chiefs jersey the next day to celebrate. If I remeber correctly Rison hadn't really done anything to that point in the season and wasn't that his first year with us?

Yea, he went to the PB that year. What was the alias he used in River Falls after that rukus he got into?

Rain Man
05-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Brock Middlebrook? Or Spiderman?

I'm all good with Andre, though. Catching that pass bought him a lot of goodwill with me.

Marcellus
05-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Brock Middlebrook? Or Spiderman?

I'm all good with Andre, though. Catching that pass bought him a lot of goodwill with me.

Oh yea! Brock Middlebrook. What a strange alias to try. Anybody ever met a black guy named Brock?

prhom
05-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Oh yea! Brock Middlebrook. What a strange alias to try. Anybody ever met a black guy named Brock?

I thought Rison was "spiderman" I don't remember Brock?!?

redngold85
05-04-2009, 08:25 PM
I remember where I was.......in bed

I was 9 at the time and it was a school night. My mom made me go to bed shortly after halftime, and while my dad tried to advocate for me staying up, he eventually gave in.

At 23, I still give my mom crap about it......

Marcellus
05-04-2009, 08:25 PM
I thought Rison was "spiderman" I don't remember Brock?!?

It was a name he gave when he got arrested in River Falls during training camp his last season.

prhom
05-04-2009, 08:30 PM
I remember where I was.......in bed

I was 9 at the time and it was a school night. My mom made me go to bed shortly after halftime, and while my dad tried to advocate for me staying up, he eventually gave in.

At 23, I still give my mom crap about it......

And what did you learn in school the next day?? See neither of us can remember that, but the game is forever etched in our memory. Lesson learned: never miss an opportunity to be really disappointed, it might turn out to be a historic moment!

prhom
05-04-2009, 08:31 PM
It was a name he gave when he got arrested in River Falls during training camp his last season.

Ahh, I guess I missed that story. THat would be an obscure username to pull out, I wonder if there's a brock out there somewhere on CP.

Marcellus
05-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Here is a blurb from Wikipedia.

While playing for the Kansas City Chiefs, Rison tried to popularize the nickname "Spider-Man," reflecting his touchdown celebrations where he posed like the superhero flinging spider webs...but the nickname never really stuck. Rison told the Chiefs GM that his new nickname was chosen because he wanted to be known for positive achievements instead of the negative ones that "Bad Moon" reminded people of. Rison was also sometimes mocked as "Smokey", "Fireman", and "Flamer" in reference to the infamous Lopes arson incident, as well as Brock Middlebrook, after his attempt to deceive police after he threw a man through a window at the Bo's and Mine, a local River Falls establishment near the site of the Chiefs training camp.

Rison was a featured Pro on the second season of the physical reality game show Pros vs. Joes on Spike TV.

Rison is now traveling in the Football University training camp with old teammate Lorenzo White.[7]

rockymtnchief
05-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Why am I yelling at the tv? I know how it ends.

Frazod
05-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Marty was a dumbass. He should have made them kick again.

prhom
05-04-2009, 08:41 PM
I like how they cut out all the BS that makes a game last for 4 hours.

prhom
05-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Awesome, TD to a OL. Not as cool as Thiggy's 40-yard TD this year, but still awesome.

C-Mac
05-04-2009, 09:07 PM

You can....
www.kcchiefsgames.com

cardken
05-04-2009, 09:13 PM

In college, in Arkansas. Living with a buddy and his cousin. We were all in "pins and needles", I remember being down on my hands and knees watching it, screaming at the TV, Man, that was a rush.
Not really a "meaningless" game, happened on Monday Night, national audience, and was fun to see Elway get some of what he'd done to the Chiefs for years. And as any true sports fan knows, a win is a win, "meaningless" or not. Montana, gave as a good shot at winning a Championship, we fell short, but Montana wasn't a "waste", 90% of people asked would tell you would you rather go into a season with Montana or Dave Kreig? We know the answer to this one.:thumb:

Frazod
05-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Roast in hell, Elliot. Roast in hell. :#

KCFalcon59
05-04-2009, 09:34 PM
I hate that kicker who shall not be named!!!!!

KCFalcon59
05-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Collins just nailed Elway! LOL

prhom
05-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Ha! They just suggested that Greg Hill might be in the league 10 years later. Yeah, forget Priest and LJ, why didn't we just keep Greg Hill!

Goldmember
05-04-2009, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE=kcxiv;5739242]lol i was one of the 10 Chiefs fans in the stadium screaming. The stadium was soo quiet. So bad ass.[/QUOTE

I was there too and it was so eerie how that stadium went from wild, screaming pandemonium to dead silence, except for us Chiefs fans jumping up and cheering our asses off

rockymtnchief
05-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I forgot Kirk Scrafford was playing for Denver back then. I played against him.

beach tribe
05-04-2009, 09:59 PM
I always liked Mark Collins. Always seemed to be in good position.

KCFalcon59
05-04-2009, 10:08 PM
That was a smart play by Collins to run the guy out of bounds. Elway can suck it.

beach tribe
05-04-2009, 10:11 PM
I guess it's just me, but I like the white pant unis.

Crush
05-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Also the only great moment Grbac ever had as a Chief.:banghead:

No, the other great Grbac moment was getting his collarbone broken in the Pittsburgh game, which allowed Gannon to lead us to the playoffs that year.

GD Marty, Carl, or whoever made that decision to let Grbac start over Gannon in the playoff game. I still have nightmares of Grbac looking at the sidelines in full retard mode as the clock ticked off precious time.

chiefs1111
05-04-2009, 10:13 PM
what a great game

Pioli Zombie
05-04-2009, 10:14 PM
That Montana plays a lot like Tom Brady
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsOne
05-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Great game and these games are why I am a fan!

Can't wait until the resurgence.

Pioli Zombie
05-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Here comes greatness
Posted via Mobile Device

Goldmember
05-04-2009, 10:20 PM

It would depend on whom the Chiefs would have picked with their 18th first round pick. Considering the Chiefs' history of picking 1st rounders, they had less than a 50% chance of making it a good one. They also got a 3rd rounder from the Niners.

KCFalcon59
05-04-2009, 10:20 PM
so many clutch plays on this drive.

Spott
05-04-2009, 10:21 PM
No, the other great Grbac moment was getting his collarbone broken in the Pittsburgh game, which allowed Gannon to lead us to the playoffs that year.

GD Marty, Carl, or whoever made that decision to let Grbac start over Gannon in the playoff game. I still have nightmares of Grbac looking at the sidelines in full retard mode as the clock ticked off precious time.

We would have lost that game with Gannon, too.

Crush
05-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Greatness. Spectacular catch.

Goldmember
05-04-2009, 10:25 PM

You can see back into the future? Impressive

Crush
05-04-2009, 10:26 PM

Not necessarily. We got the ball back with about four minutes left. If Grbac had any balls, then we would have won that game because good ole' Greg had that defense in full Prevent mode.

Pioli Zombie
05-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Wade Phillips still gets that perplexed look.
Posted via Mobile Device

Spott
05-04-2009, 10:28 PM
You can see back into the future? Impressive

Not so much, I just know we had Marty as the coach so it really didn't matter who started that game because we were going to lose.

Frazod
05-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Suck it, Denver. 4321

Crush
05-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Also, when fucking Marty allowed a pass or two, we did very well against that defense. Grbac's throw to Rison to start off the 2nd Half and Grbac's 54-yard throw to Joe Horn proved that we could move the ball down the field. JFC, it makes me angry just thinking about it. Any form of creative playcalling could have went a long way in that game.

Crush
05-04-2009, 10:33 PM
I want just want to say, "Fuck you Marty," one more time.

munkey
05-04-2009, 10:48 PM
I want just want to say, "**** you Marty," one more time.

:cuss:...no chit....

To think I thought I had Elliot completely out of my mind/memory :banghead:

Coogs
05-04-2009, 11:03 PM
So who's watching this?

the kicker that shall go unnamed just kicked off. :spock:

I watched it! Back and forth between the Royals and Chiefs 'til the Royals game was over, then all Chiefs. 15 years later, that was still fun!

Coogs
05-04-2009, 11:07 PM

Sort of the same here. And FWIW, the running around and warhoops woke her up. Good times in the 90's! :toast:

Let's hope this regime finishes the job.

Coach
05-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Let's not all forget that Greene held on that ball after getting blown up by that Bronco safety. He could had easily fumbled that ball away.

Fantastic game.

Reerun_KC
05-05-2009, 07:34 AM

That is what you get with you associate your team with a guy like Marty....

Marty can fucking die and root in Hell for eternity!

Reerun_KC
05-05-2009, 07:37 AM

That call was Marty's and Marty's alone...

That decision alone should of had Marty banned from the NFL on shear stupidity alone...

Stupidity and Marty? There are two words that share the same meaning...

Frosty
05-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Who was that kick returner for the Chiefs in the '94 game? He had some nice returns but I have absolutely no memory of this guy. Dickerson, IIRC?

Hog Farmer
05-05-2009, 08:01 AM
That was a great game.

I sent the wife and kid off to bed while I broke out a bottle of Beam and enjoyed the show.

It really sucks though that we have to go back 15 friggin years to see a great Chiefs game.

Have we fired Carl yet ??

Mile High Mania
05-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Yep, I remember this game very well... I had moved to Dallas the previous year and was watching this with friends of mine. I recall being very loud and upset at the conclusion of the game.

Both QBs put on a show, sadly Denver's defense wasn't all that great as they fell to 1-5 after that game.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199410170den.htm

On a sidenote, the year prior (1993) I attended my very first NFL game in Denver... in December when Elway defeated Montana and the Chiefs. It was greatness for so many reasons:

1 - My first NFL game
2 - I was at Mile High Stadium
3 - The big rivalry featuring Elway vs Montana
4 - Denver trailed in the 4th quarter
5 - I believe it was a blocked punt by Reggie Rivers that fueled the comeback
6 - It began to snow (lightly) and the crowd was euphoric
7 - Denver won... Elway defeated Montana and added another 4th quarter comeback win

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199312120den.htm

Goldmember
05-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Who was that kick returner for the Chiefs in the '94 game? He had some nice returns but I have absolutely no memory of this guy. Dickerson, IIRC?

How could you forget the great Ron Dickerson???

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12785&SPID=737&DB_OEM_ID=2600&ATCLID=1346107&Q_SEASON=2009

Goldmember
05-05-2009, 10:04 AM
On a sidenote, the year prior (1993) I attended my very first NFL game in Denver... in December when Elway defeated Montana and the Chiefs. It was greatness for so many reasons:

1 - My first NFL game
7 - Denver won... Elway defeated Montana and added another 4th quarter comeback win

hey Donkeyfan, quit trying to ruin one of our few "feel good" moments will ya?

Mile High Mania
05-05-2009, 10:05 AM

1 - My first NFL game

hey Donkeyfan, quit trying to ruin one of our few "feel good" moments will ya?

;) Hey - both were great games... Montana won the last one. Too bad those two QBs couldn't have faced each other more.

Frazod
05-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Yep, I remember this game very well... I had moved to Dallas the previous year and was watching this with friends of mine. I recall being very loud and upset at the conclusion of the game.

Both QBs put on a show, sadly Denver's defense wasn't all that great as they fell to 1-5 after that game.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199410170den.htm

1 - My first NFL game

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199312120den.htm

I kicked a chair across the room after that game and nearly broke my foot doing it. As it was, I couldn't walk on it for two days. Fuck that game and fuck Elway. :#

Goldmember
05-05-2009, 11:35 AM
;) Hey - both were great games... Montana won the last one. Too bad those two QBs couldn't have faced each other more.

I know, Elway ripped our hearts out way more times than Montana and other Chiefs QBs did. I really "hated" that guy.

I was watching one game, it was played in Denver, and the Chiefs led by, I think, three scores in the 4th qtr. I was in a bar in NoCal and there were some Broncos fans there also. They were crying, "we're going to lose!!!". I told them to just hang on, I've seen Elway do this so many times, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Chiefs lose it. Sure enough, a TD pass to (Bronco?) in the back of the end zone. I think Dale Carter or Albert Lewis was covering. Can't remember what year it was. That was gut wrenching.

I just wish the Montana-Elway MNF game was a playoff game. That would have been equivalent to a SB win for me, well pretty damn near.

Fruit Ninja
05-10-2009, 02:23 AM
ON again, Denver's drive right now. Tune in.

Silock
05-10-2009, 02:38 AM
So good, I'm downloading the torrent.

Silock
05-10-2009, 02:38 AM
http://www.fulldls.com/torrent-tv-1539821.html

Fruit Ninja
05-10-2009, 02:39 AM
This game is just good football. I love it.

Silock
05-10-2009, 02:42 AM
lol makeup call

BASTARDS

Rain Man
05-11-2009, 10:49 PM
I watched the game this weekend, and it's amazing how many items of interest that game held.

1. First and foremost, I was struck by what a good game Derrick Walker had. He was starting due to an injury to Keith Cash, and he had a whale of a game. Tracy Greene, the third string tight end, did too.

2. Marcus Allen tied John Riggins for career rushing touchdowns that game.

3. Elway was trying to win his 100th (including cheating wins), but Joe wouldn't let him.

4. It was the first time in Montana's career that he had back to back 50+ attempt games.

5. Derrick Thomas had to sit the first quarter because he was late for a team meeting.

6. Saleaumua missed the whole game with an injury, and Neil missed parts of the game with an injury, so for a significant parts of the game we were missing our top 3 guys out of the front seven.

7. It sounded like Shannon Sharpe was playing WR, and they had a guy named Jerry Evans at TE, who also had a good game.

8. Will Shields was playing in that game, which is kind of amazing to think about when you envision how long ago that was.

9. Lin El liott missed a field goal wide right, though it was the snapper's fault, and also kicked a kickoff out of bounds.

10. The Chiefs tried to kick a field goal with no timeouts right at the end of the half. Joe Montana was confused and was on the field trying to take a snap to spike the ball on fourth down. Louis Aguiar grabbed him from under center and threw him to the side, preventing Montana from pulling a Grbac, but he also temporarily hurt Montana. Interesting to watch.

11. Paul Hackett was the offensive coordinator for the Chiefs.