PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Dynasty League Trade

The Bad Guy
05-03-2009, 08:44 AM
Last year was my first year in a fantasy dynasty league. Needless to say, I just stocked up on young talent that I would have for a long time. I had a pretty rough year, but I think things are looking up.

My final roster shaped up like this:

QB- Phillip Rivers, Carson Palmer
RB- Frank Gore, Kevin Smith, Willie Parker, Ahmad Bradshaw, BenJarvis Green Ellis
WR- Braylon Edwards, Vincent Jackson, Donald Driver, Devin Hester, Antonio Bryant
TE- Antonio Gates, Donald Lee
K- Josh Brown, Ryan Longwell
DE- Elvis Dumervill, Ty Warren
LB- Julian Peterson, Channing Crowder, Adalius Thomas, Kawika Mitchell, Nick Barnett
CB- Antonio Cromartie, Eric Wright, Brian Williams
Coach - Tom Coughlin, Mike McCarthy

Our rookie draft is going on right now. I had the 2nd pick. I took Beanie Wells.

The first round went like this so far:
Moreno, Wells, Greene, Crabtree

I just made a trade to upgrade my squad.

I traded: Philip Rivers, Antonio Bryant, my 2nd round pick in this rookie draft and my 2nd rounder next year.

I received: Calvin Johnson, David Garrard, a 6th rounder in this rookie draft, a 4th rounder in next year's draft.

I think Calvin is a true stud and one of the 5 best players to have in a dynasty league. I drafted Rivers in the 13th round last year, and Bryant in the 22nd. Since this rookie draft pool pretty much sucks, I saw it as a way to get a stud young WR in a PPR league. Plus, the QB scoring is awfully low. Garrard is a good stop gap if Palmer struggles.

I could even offer my 3rd round pick with Donald Driver to try to get a backup QB (like Matt Cassel).

My new starting offensive squad now looks like this:

QB- Carson Palmer
RB- Frank Gore, Kevin Smith, Beanie Wells
WR- Calvin Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Vincent Jackson
TE- Antonio Gates

Thoughts?

ArrowheadHawk
05-03-2009, 09:24 AM
You should have drafted Sanchez.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2009, 09:26 AM
You should have drafted Sanchez.

Never in a million years would I take a QB high in this league. He could throw for 8 TDS (which I'm sure Sanchez would do on a regular basis) and 300 yards and still only get 35 points.

ArrowheadHawk
05-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Never in a million years would I take a QB high in this league. He could throw for 8 TDS (which I'm sure Sanchez would do on a regular basis) and 300 yards and still only get 35 points.

I was just kiddin'.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2009, 09:30 AM
I was just kiddin'.

I knew it was a tongue-in-cheek comment.

DeezNutz
05-03-2009, 10:05 AM
I think you stole Calvin Johnson.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2009, 11:17 AM
I think you stole Calvin Johnson.

I think so too.

Bryant will never duplicate what he did last year again.

Rivers will continue to be a stud, but in a low scoring QB league, he's very expendable.

The 2nd round pick likely would be a guy like James Davis or Percy Harvin.

The 2nd rounder next year might have some value, but I have many ways to recoup that back.

All in all, Calvin Johnson is a megastud in league like this. He was the 3rd highest scoring WR. With an OC like Linehan, Johnson's value should continue to rise.

FD
05-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Calvin Johnson is absolutely huge. Palmer should do OK now that he has Andre Smith at LT, but no Housh will hurt him.

I think its a good deal, and Wells should do well for you but RB is kind of weak. It depends on the scoring and how many you start, but I'd consider packaging one of your lesser RBs and a top WR (just not Jackson or Johnson) for a more elite RB.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Calvin Johnson is absolutely huge. Palmer should do OK now that he has Andre Smith at LT, but no Housh will hurt him.

I think its a good deal, and Wells should do well for you but RB is kind of weak. It depends on the scoring and how many you start, but I'd consider packaging one of your lesser RBs and a top WR (just not Jackson or Johnson) for a more elite RB.

I really want to see how well Gore does in a completely run-orientated offense. Plus, I really don't know what I have in Wells. He could be a big boom guy in AZ.

I don't think it's a strength, but it has the potential to be. Kevin Smith might really do well.

You can start any of the following combinations:
1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 Flex (WR, RB, TE) or 1 QB, 3 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE, or 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 2 TE, Flex.

DJay23
05-03-2009, 02:09 PM
I've never been a big fan of Rivers personally, so I think it's a great deal for you to get what you got and to get rid of him too.

MoreLemonPledge
05-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Rivers can put up some nice Fantasy numbers, but in a dynasty league that devalues QBs, that's a quality trade. Stafford should at the very least be as good as Kitna, Culpepper, or Orlovsky. Really, all you have to do is throw the ball somewhere in CJ's vicinity and he'll grab it.

Good trade.