PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs D-Bowe With Work Ethic Problem?

doomy3
05-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Is this pure speculation by Teicher, or is there something to this? I haven't heard much about Bowe having a poor work ethic. In fact, this may the first I have heard of this.

Sorry if repost, or if it's against the rules to talk about players who actually play for the Chiefs. I searched and didn't see anything about this.

Dwayne Bowe-WR- Chiefs May. 5 - 12:45 pm et

Beat reporter Adam Teicher is concerned that Dwayne Bowe's suspect work ethic may not fit the new Chiefs regime's mentality.
Teicher even suggests Bowe could be trade bait at season's end if he doesn't improve his habits. Still, Bowe is being heavily counted on this year, particularly after the Tony Gonzalez trade. He's by far the team's top wideout.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=143532&id=4184

MIAdragon
05-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Wow. As much as it would suck to lose him if this is true then send him on his way.

Mojo Jojo
05-05-2009, 09:59 PM
I guess it is a planted "Wake Up Call." I think Scott and Todd know how to use the media. Bowe misses too many easy catches and Todd was willing to bench Boldin (a better receiver) for lack of effort. More power for calling out players.

Micjones
05-05-2009, 09:59 PM
I'd like to get a word from Teicher first before I go diving headlong into an attitude over this accusation.

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 10:09 PM
I guess it is a planted "Wake Up Call." I think Scott and Todd know how to use the media. Bowe misses too many easy catches and Todd was willing to bench Boldin (a better receiver) for lack of effort. More power for calling out players.

I'd be most-inclined to believe this.

It's not that Bowe has a work ethic problem, they're just wanting him to step up and be a leader.

FAX
05-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Personally, I suspect that this type of problem is rampant throughout the Chiefs. In my opinion, it's a symptom of a culture of losing. Pioli and Haley have spoken frequently about changing the "attitude" of the team. I think this is one aspect of what they're talking about.

FAX

Jethopper
05-05-2009, 10:31 PM
He will work with Larry Fitz this summer and this problem will evaporate.

LaChapelle
05-05-2009, 10:38 PM
There being some diva there, is not hard to imagine. Then again that's today's WR.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Teicher is an idiot

Fruit Ninja
05-05-2009, 10:51 PM
im sure if he didnt have the dedication like that, he wouldnt be training with Fitz.

doomy3
05-05-2009, 11:52 PM

It's not that Bowe has a work ethic problem, they're just wanting him to step up and be a leader.

I would love this so much. He really could be a beast.

Raised On Riots
05-06-2009, 12:58 AM
Personally, I suspect that this type of problem is rampant throughout the Chiefs. In my opinion, it's a symptom of a culture of losing. Pioli and Haley have spoken frequently about changing the "attitude" of the team. I think this is one aspect of what they're talking about.

FAX

This. Light the fire under the ass.

TinyEvel
05-06-2009, 12:59 AM
I think Teicher mistakenly named Bowe. He really meant to say this about Bowe's cousin Bobby Sippio.

Raised On Riots
05-06-2009, 01:03 AM
I think Teicher mistakenly named Bowe. He really meant to say this about Bowe's cousin Bobby Sippio.

LMAO Man, I'd trade Thigpen's sorry little ass back out for Sippio in a New York Fucking minute!
That guy should have made the cut.

"But...but...we made room for Thiggy"! :Lin:

Damnit Carl!!! :cuss:

BigRock
05-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Clearly, Teicher doesn't read the musings of Lil' Wayne.

My man Dwayne Bowe is a very happy man right now. When he heard Matt Cassel was gonna be his QB next year he texted me with "I'm going to the Pro Bowl." He likes Cassel that much. But then after he heard they let Tony (Gonzalez) go, he was pretty upset. He was actually shocked and devastated. But then after a few days he rallied back and called me and said "Well, I guess this means I have to be really ready to go now." I think he's excited to be Cassel's number one option. I know he loves Cassel, and he thinks it's going to be a great year.

Raised On Riots
05-06-2009, 01:31 AM
Clearly, Teicher doesn't read the musings of Lil' Wayne.

I rode Bowe's ass pretty hard throughout the season but I went back, watched some games after the fact( when I wasn't amped up about getting a win ), and saw what this guy is capable of when he's "on".

What I like most about him, is that if he can tighten up his timing on routes so that his momentum is pushing forward hard, and have the ball delivered to the exact place it needs to be( ahem, cough; fuck you Thigpen ), he can be a real bruiser after the catch and gain significant yardage.

I hope he steps up.

Denver Dave
05-06-2009, 02:07 AM
Marshall > Bowe
Royal > Bowe

ROFL

Raised On Riots
05-06-2009, 02:20 AM
Marshall > Bowe
Royal > Bowe

ROFL

Cassel >>>>>>>>> Neckbeard.

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/road_house_1989_wade.jpg

Denver Dave
05-06-2009, 02:20 AM
Cassel >>>>>>>>> Neckbeard.

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/road_house_1989_wade.jpg

Simms > Backstreet Boy Faggot

Raised On Riots
05-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Simms > Backstreet Boy Faggot

Motherfucker; you ain't got shit. So just step your sorry ass back on over to the Mange and pretend you have a future with the rest of the fools.

Bitch; get the fuck off my lawn and don't come back 'till I want my dick sucked again.

Valiant
05-06-2009, 02:33 AM

I think there is some ethic problem or he would be on the Jugs machine for a few hours every day correcting his problems.. They guy has the tools to be elite..

Chiefs=Good
05-06-2009, 03:15 AM
Marshall > Bowe
Royal > Bowe

ROFL

Wow a fan of a terrible team making jokes.. Keep it up! :shake:

Hog Farmer
05-06-2009, 05:35 AM
Yeah,,,, I was wondering why he only had 2000 yards his first two seasons... hes the suck.

MoreLemonPledge
05-06-2009, 05:37 AM
Marshall > Bowe
Royal > Bowe

ROFL

Cutler > McDaniels

Micjones
05-06-2009, 06:44 AM
Royal > Bowe

ROFL

Really?

I could've sworn that Bowe had more yards with fewer catches, averaged 1 more yard per catch, and caught 2 more TD's than did Royal.

But maybe you're measuring something other than production.
ROFL

ForeverChiefs58
05-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Saw this on another board, contradicts Teicher:

"I was watching First Take and they mentione how Bowe was at 228 lbs for mini camp.Haley wants him at 218 and appearantly Bowe is going to Minnesota to train with Larry Fitzgerald.according to the NFL guy on First Take Fitz told him that Bowe has more speed and athleticism then he does and he predicts a big year for Bowe."

the Talking Can
05-06-2009, 07:13 AM
some people respond to challenges, some don't...this year is all about weeding out those that can't take it.

i think Bowe probably needs someone to ride his ass in order to maximize his talent...he's good enough that he can coast and still put up 1000 yards..

i expect a huge year from him...

ForeverChiefs58
05-06-2009, 07:36 AM
Funny, I think the new Chiefs silence policy is going to make some reporters just make up some things they may think. Throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

Consistent1
05-06-2009, 07:59 AM
You know the "threat" of trading him somewhere else might not worry him much at all. That could bite back if it's just some kind of hot air thing. Many teams would love to get him that he might find far more attractive location wise,etc. So, do they play him all year and he puts up 1200 yards and 10 TD's, while realizing he can act out to piss them off to get traded. Sure, maybe they bench him? It's an excuse for lower production is all, "my coach on a 3 win team wouldn't play me after my production the last two years". Wonder what it is really all about? Seems like one of many strange deals that pop up for KC.

Reerun_KC
05-06-2009, 08:00 AM
I truly find it hard to believe that a player drafted from Loser State University would have a work ethic problem....

Delano
05-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Funny, I think the new Chiefs silence policy is going to make some reporters just make up some things they may think. Throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

I agree, Kent.

JuicesFlowing
05-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Teicher just wants attention, apparently.

Consistent1
05-06-2009, 08:05 AM

"I was watching First Take and they mentione how Bowe was at 228 lbs for mini camp.Haley wants him at 218 and appearantly Bowe is going to Minnesota to train with Larry Fitzgerald.according to the NFL guy on First Take Fitz told him that Bowe has more speed and athleticism then he does and he predicts a big year for Bowe."

It says right there that Haley wants him ten pounds lighter. What Fitz says may contradict that, but there could be some type of real rub.

Chiefnj2
05-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Trade the only receiving threat the team has?

beach tribe
05-06-2009, 09:12 AM
I expect Bowe to EXPLODE on the scene. He's going to be set up to run after the catch, and he is just going to abuse corners who try to tackle him. Bowe makes the Pro bowl this year IMO.

Consistent1
05-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Trade the only receiving threat the team has?

Which is sort of what I said on the prior page. He will gladly go somewhere else anyway, and would be taken. Then everybody on here would be talking about 3 firsts and all kinds of other lunacy to trade him when you could probably get a second, or late first. Hell, I think people here believe the Chiefs should get back a top ten pick for Dorsey. Ha.

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 09:49 AM
It says right there that Haley wants him ten pounds lighter. What Fitz says may contradict that, but there could be some type of real rub.

Don't read too much into it.

TonyG is gone.

This is Bowe's TIME. He has a chance to be one of the "personalities" on this team. Haley just wants what's best for him - and for the team.

This is a motivational tactic and nothing more.

Chiefnj2
05-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Don't read too much into it.

TonyG is gone.

This is Bowe's TIME. He has a chance to be one of the "personalities" on this team. Haley just wants what's best for him - and for the team.

This is a motivational tactic and nothing more.

Haley better cross his fingers that his motivational tactics work and the team turns around immediately, because that type of coaching with a young unproven coach who hasn't earned his stripes, grows really old, really quick.

Delano
05-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Haley better cross his fingers that his motivational tactics work and the team turns around immediately, because that type of coaching with a young unproven coach who hasn't earned his stripes, grows really old, really quick.

We're seeing the perfect example of that in Denver. Haley is fine.

Chiefnj2
05-06-2009, 09:58 AM
We're seeing the perfect example of that in Denver. Haley is fine.

Coaches are judged by wins.

If McDaniels gets the team to the playoffs all of his faults are overlooked. If KC wins 2 games this year, Haley is viewed as a failure even if he handles the media better than McDaniels.

Spicy McHaggis
05-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Marshall's league suspensions > Bowe's league suspensions

ROFL

FYP. Now you're making a good point, one that we can all agree on.

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 10:10 AM

I agree it's risky.

But look at how Bowe is reacting. In this case, at least, it seems to be working.

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 10:11 AM

If McDaniels gets the team to the playoffs all of his faults are overlooked. If KC wins 2 games this year, Haley is viewed as a failure even if he handles the media better than McDaniels.

This is true.

milkman
05-06-2009, 10:13 AM
I agree it's risky.

But look at how Bowe is reacting. In this case, at least, it seems to be working.

I think it's less risky for Haley, because he has the backing and support of a GM that many peceive to be a proven commodity.

Delano
05-06-2009, 10:15 AM

Yes, but both coaches are trying to change their club's culture. We can't judge them by wins and losses right now.

Haley's club is buying into the culture and looking to improve. McDaniels' club suffered a serious blow after the Cutler fiasco.

Detoxing
05-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Bowe isn't going anywhere. It's pretty obvious that Haley is gonna ride his ass hard. He knows better than anyone what Bowe is truly capable of. The thing i like about Bowe is that he responds to challenges well and he doesn't have a bad attitude about it either. This is going to be a huge year for D-Bowe. Either that or we find out if we have Koren Robinson II.

Chiefnj2
05-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Does anyone really think players feel threatened with trade rumors? Hmmm, midwest smaller market team that has lost 23 of its last 25. Boy, I'm sure most football players would hate to be traded to a team in a major city that has a shot at the playoffs this year. The horror.

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 10:58 AM
I think it's less risky for Haley, because he has the backing and support of a GM that many peceive to be a proven commodity.

I agree with that to a certain extent.

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Does anyone really think players feel threatened with trade rumors? Hmmm, midwest smaller market team that has lost 23 of its last 25. Boy, I'm sure most football players would hate to be traded to a team in a major city that has a shot at the playoffs this year. The horror.

Do we know that the trade rumors came from the team and not from Teicher?

Rooster
05-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Bowe isn't going anywhere. It's pretty obvious that Haley is gonna ride his ass hard. He knows better than anyone what Bowe is truly capable of. The thing i like about Bowe is that he responds to challenges well and he doesn't have a bad attitude about it either.

That's kinda what I think too. Bowe needs a kick in the ass if he wants to take his skills to the next level. He's not the type of guy (IMO) to do it on his own.

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 11:11 AM
That's kinda what I think too. Bowe needs a kick in the ass if he wants to take his skills to the next level. He's not the type of guy (IMO) to do it on his own.

I don't believe this.

Bowe IS the type of guy to do it on his own. He's got a Type-A personality and he wants to be a leader. Haley is reinforcing the fact that this could be Bowe's team, so to speak.

Consistent1
05-06-2009, 11:15 AM
I don't believe this.

Bowe IS the type of guy to do it on his own. He's got a Type-A personality and he wants to be a leader. Haley is reinforcing the fact that this could be Bowe's team, so to speak.

I think Bowe wants to be a "balla" and if you really threatened him with getting traded his eyes would light up thinking up where he could end up versus KC.

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 11:39 AM
I think Bowe wants to be a "balla" and if you really threatened him with getting traded his eyes would light up thinking up where he could end up versus KC.

Well, I don't know that the team has said anything about him being traded. The whole trade thing sounds like typical Teicher. The actual FACTS out there right now are that the team wants Bowe to step up his game and Bowe is working on it with Fitzgerald.

googlegoogle
05-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Haley lighting a fire under Bowe's ass.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/boley011/architecture/flamethrower.jpg

Valiant
05-06-2009, 12:22 PM

Well awesome for Bowe, he has the ability to be great.. Since Tony is gone and Haley is here hopefully (me wishing) he sees another 600+ yards to his total..

Raised On Riots
05-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Haley lighting a fire under Bowe's ass.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/boley011/architecture/flamethrower.jpg

ROFL Amen.

kstater
05-07-2009, 06:40 PM
I've got to admit, MC has worked on his prose. He now sounds like an elegant racist prick.

bdeg
05-07-2009, 06:46 PM
MC? this clown has spewed this garbage before and escaped without an IP ban?

kstater
05-07-2009, 06:47 PM
According to the mod's, He's on AOL, and he's using a "floating" IP now.

JASONSAUTO
05-07-2009, 06:48 PM
According to the mod's, He's on AOL, and he's using a "floating" IP now.

where are the mods tonight? i reported every one of his posts and how the hell does he have pos rep?

kstater
05-07-2009, 06:50 PM
where are the mods tonight? i reported every one of his posts and how the hell does he have pos rep?

Heh, that was me. I figured since he's getting banned, I'd give him some green for the Chad May reference.

LaChapelle
05-07-2009, 06:53 PM
WTF? I knew the rules were lax here, but shit.

Delano
05-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Ol' Marlboro Chief got pissed when his Denver Dave alias was discovered and banned.

He's made two new handles today.

LMAO

JASONSAUTO
05-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Heh, that was me. I figured since he's getting banned, I'd give him some green for the Chad May reference.

once? i have kicked him down and he's coming back up...

milkman
05-07-2009, 06:55 PM
WTF? I knew the rules were lax here, but shit.

No worries.

That stupid shit is bannable.

Delano
05-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Another lazy n!gger. What did you expect from a Dixie coon?

The old Southern porch monkeys were whipped into shape by the masters. Now they get breed by their lazy, dumb parents that leech off the system.

Gave up on Tripucka 2 Taylor already?

Hydrae
05-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Marshall > Bowe
Royal > Bowe

ROFL

I agree, that is pretty funny. Funny that you think those are true statements.

Raised On Riots
05-07-2009, 08:48 PM
I agree, that is pretty funny. Funny that you think those are true statements.

He's exactly the kind of Donko fan I like.
(to smash over the head with a 2X4)