PDA

View Full Version : Life any pool owners on here?

kcfanXIII
05-06-2009, 07:23 PM
anybody with a pool, might want to check out woot.com today. i'm in the business and this is less than half of the price of the one we sell. i can't attest to the quality of it, you probably get what you pay for. i CAN attest to the success rate of saltwater pools, in maintaining clear water. very low maintnance.

Rain Man
05-06-2009, 07:29 PM
You can have a saltwater pool?

El Jefe
05-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Saltwater pool? I wouldn't want to swim in that, be burning your eyes all the time.

kcfanXIII
05-06-2009, 07:42 PM
actually the salt content is half that of a human tear drop. some people can't even taste it. don't think of ocean saltwater, which is 10 times what you would have in a pool. the unit you see converts it to chlorine, then back to salt. maintains a steady level of pH neutral chlorine, means you don't spend money on pH adjusters. it also drastically reduces the amount of "shock" you have to use. every thing stays more stable, and equals less work for you.

kcfanXIII
05-06-2009, 07:44 PM
at that price, you'll be saving money by july 2010. if you think of spending what you would normally spend on chemicals. usually between 400-600 dollars.

El Jefe
05-07-2009, 09:14 AM
actually the salt content is half that of a human tear drop. some people can't even taste it. don't think of ocean saltwater, which is 10 times what you would have in a pool. the unit you see converts it to chlorine, then back to salt. maintains a steady level of pH neutral chlorine, means you don't spend money on pH adjusters. it also drastically reduces the amount of "shock" you have to use. every thing stays more stable, and equals less work for you.

Interesting, thanks for that info.

rambleonthruthefog
05-07-2009, 10:09 AM
i'm probably going to convert mine to saltwater when i get our 2009 tax return in a year or so. The idea is to save money on pool chemicals, but several pros i've spoken with say that maintenance is deffinatly less as well.

kcfanintitanhell
05-07-2009, 10:16 AM
We are converting our over to salt water this coming Monday.

Katipan
05-07-2009, 10:50 AM
You people are funny. It's way easier on the eyes to open them in the ocean than in a chlorine pool.

Oh... Wait. Most of you haven't been in an ocean.

My bad.

PastorMikH
05-07-2009, 11:32 AM
So, what was their price? I'm seeing info about it but no price or purchase link anymore.

Dave Lane
05-07-2009, 11:34 AM

If you repair vinyl liner pools my liner is pretty well shot.

Dave

Dave Lane
05-07-2009, 11:38 AM
You people are funny. It's way easier on the eyes to open them in the ocean than in a chlorine pool.

My bad.

I would hardly know, I tend to have a mask and this tank thingie on my back when I go to the ocean to swim...

bogey
05-07-2009, 12:00 PM
We have a salt water pool and love it. What was on woot.com that I would have been interested in?

kepp
05-07-2009, 12:26 PM

My bad.

Really? I lived in L.A. for a few years (after growing up in Missouri) and I was always scared to open my eyes in the ocean. ...and that's something I always wonder about in movies...when they open their eyes.

Katipan
05-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Really? I lived in L.A. for a few years (after growing up in Missouri) and I was always scared to open my eyes in the ocean. ...and that's something I always wonder about in movies...when they open their eyes.

Your tears don't hurt do they? :)

Katipan
05-07-2009, 12:32 PM
I would hardly know, I tend to have a mask and this tank thingie on my back when I go to the ocean to swim...

Really doubt your Flip wife is much of a tank.

Fish
05-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Don't get rid of the pool boy.... what will your wife do all day?

bogey
05-07-2009, 12:42 PM

The salt water in our pool is much less painful on your eyes than chlorine water. Also better for the skin and hair.

CoMoChief
05-07-2009, 12:43 PM
anybody with a pool, might want to check out woot.com today. i'm in the business and this is less than half of the price of the one we sell. i can't attest to the quality of it, you probably get what you pay for. i CAN attest to the success rate of saltwater pools, in maintaining clear water. very low maintnance.

My aunt just put in a pool last summer with saltwater. Kinda neat really. My inground pool I used to have was just standard chlorine water.

bogey
05-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Don't get rid of the pool boy.... what will your wife do all day?

As a matter of fact, my wife IS our pool boy.

Fish
05-07-2009, 12:45 PM
As a matter of fact, my wife IS our pool boy.

So she plays with herself all day.....

Hot.....

bogey
05-07-2009, 12:50 PM
So she plays with herself all day.....

Hot.....

:)

beach tribe
05-07-2009, 12:54 PM
I have one, and am seriously sick of maintaining the damn thing.

I'm gonna check into this.

rambleonthruthefog
05-07-2009, 02:53 PM
I have one, and am seriously sick of maintaining the damn thing.

I'm gonna check into this.

i'm with you on that. i've come to frickin hate the thing.

Dave Lane
05-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Really doubt your Flip wife is much of a tank.

Tank you very much...