PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Insurance question

Guru
05-07-2009, 01:37 AM
Has anyone ever received insurance payment for failure of drain tile under the basement?

Stewie
05-07-2009, 03:19 AM
My neighbor filed a sump pump failure claim and they were awarded a significant amount of money for cleanup and repair. I would think drain tile might fall under the same category, but I'm no expert.

Guru
05-07-2009, 03:45 AM
Guess I just need to figure out how to present it.

Stewie
05-07-2009, 05:13 AM
Guess I just need to figure out how to present it.

You definitely need to work around the "surface water" issue. They won't pay for those repairs, for sure. I'm not sure how to go about it, but my neighbor's adjuster called it sump pump failure when in fact water had poured down their outside stairs into the basement. They would have been SOL if a different adjuster that saw things differently.

Guru
05-07-2009, 05:17 AM
You definitely need to work around the "surface water" issue. They won't pay for those repairs, for sure. I'm not sure how to go about it, but my neighbor's adjuster called it sump pump failure when in fact water had poured down their outside stairs into the basement. They would have been SOL if a different adjuster that saw things differently.Well in my case, because the drain tile deteriorated, the water seeped in between the wall and floor. I'm not sure I can find a way to spin that as a sump failure. Especially since the sump is still functioning. heh

It's not that I can't pay for it, I would just like some help on it rather than flipping the entire bill.:shake: