PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Are the Chiefs going to add another receiver?

Rexx
05-07-2009, 02:45 PM
With Haley accustomed to having two good receivers and Gonzalez gone, it seems they would want to add another weapon. I keep thinking we will hear something about adding Boldin or Braylon Edwards, but nothing seems to be happening. Ingram makes sense in the slot.

I just can't see them going into next season with what they have especially considering Haleys past experience with the AZ tandem. Any info that I'm not aware of?

Demonpenz
05-07-2009, 02:50 PM
we added bobby engrim, and why not add and other x to your nickname? Sexy Rexxxy

chiefs1111
05-07-2009, 03:13 PM
time to bring in Plaxico!

SNR
05-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Definitely maybe.

Blindside58
05-07-2009, 03:21 PM
They already resigned Jef Webb and signed an UDFA named TAURUS! THEY ARE SET...SHEEESH...some people....

MoreLemonPledge
05-07-2009, 03:23 PM
I think we could still make a play for Boldin. Edwards and Burress will not be Chiefs.

Tripucka 2 Taylor
05-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Whoever the Chiefs add is going to be blanketed by Champ Bailey, Andre Goodman and Alphonso Smith.

Fritz88
05-07-2009, 03:31 PM
If Haley and Boldin can live with each other, then I think that we are waiting until the Cards get really sick of what Boldin is doing. Then we will take him as cheap as it gets.

Consistent1
05-07-2009, 03:43 PM
I think Arizona may just end up making the guy play. Boldin doesn't want to look like crap as a player no matter what. That passing attack will be sick next year if they decide to just keep him and air it out for another run.

Micjones
05-07-2009, 03:44 PM
I certainly hope so.
Cassel's going to be shell shocked with our current assortment of WR's.

Marvin Harrison, Anquan Boldin... Somebody!

MoreLemonPledge
05-07-2009, 03:45 PM
If Haley and Boldin can live with each other, then I think that we are waiting until the Cards get really sick of what Boldin is doing. Then we will take him as cheap as it gets.

That's what I'm thinking. I think Haley and Boldin are on much better terms than people like to believe. Boldin specifically said he wanted to play for an NFC East team or the Chiefs.

We may have to wait through the first week of training camp or so, but eventually the Cardinals will be eager to move him. It won't affect Boldin too much since he'll presumably be familiar with our offense.

I'd love to see it happen.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm hoping we bring somebody in by mid-June at least.

CoMoChief
05-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Marvin Harrison comes to mind.........if we're gonna keep signing 30+ yr old players.

Scorp
05-07-2009, 03:51 PM
but.....but......Boldin is coming to KC. Chiefsplanet told me so. ROFL

Scorp
05-07-2009, 03:52 PM
I think we could still make a play for Boldin. Edwards and Burress will not be Chiefs.

And neither will Boldin.

Consistent1
05-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Detroit gets a lot of well deserved crap, but they did manage to screw Dallas fairly well with those picks for Williams deal. See how that turns out in the long run I guess, but it sets a high value. I just think that Arizona ain't gonna get offered enough by anybody, but ya never no.

Pioli Zombie
05-07-2009, 04:05 PM
No. There will be no more roster moves. The roster that is in place today May 7th is the roster that the Chiefs will have on opening day. This is it. There will be no improvements ever.
Posted via Mobile Device

MoreLemonPledge
05-07-2009, 04:25 PM
And neither will Boldin.

There's a better chance than any other receivers.

booger
05-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Marty Booker tryed out at the before the draft mini camp. He has the history with Haley in chicago where Haley was WR coach. But Booker doesn't bring much except a possession guy. also trying out at that same time were TE's Sean Ryan and Tony Curtis who both did sign with us.

If healthy, Jerry Porter might be worth a look. That guy has never lived up to his speed/athletic ability though.

Scorp
05-07-2009, 05:20 PM
There's a better chance than any other receivers.

Not really, you gonna give up next years first and third to get him? The Chiefs won't.

Micjones
05-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Not really, you gonna give up next years first and third to get him? The Chiefs won't.

How about a #2 and a #3?

MoreLemonPledge
05-07-2009, 05:26 PM

Of course they won't. The asking price will go down (if it hasn't already).

I was saying that if it gets to the point where the Cardinals are looking to move Boldin, the Chiefs will be near the top of the list. Boldin wants to play here, and the Cardinals would be much more willing to trade him out of the conference.

Scorp
05-07-2009, 05:30 PM
How about a #2 and a #3?

The Cardinals won't take that.......they were offered that already on draft day and turned it down.

Micjones
05-07-2009, 05:41 PM
The Cardinals won't take that.......they were offered that already on draft day and turned it down.

Really?

I hadn't heard that...

Scorp
05-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Really?

I hadn't heard that...

It was reported the Bears offered a second and third on draft day and the Cardinals said no. After the draft was over the Cardinals said the reports of them willing to take less then a first and third was false.

Raised On Riots
05-07-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm hoping we bring somebody in by mid-June at least.

Haley: "Well, sorry Matt, you're just gonna' have to make do".

Matt: "Mr. Groundskeeper, I'll have the chocolate-flavored grass this year please".

print it...:doh!:

Micjones
05-07-2009, 06:00 PM
It was reported the Bears offered a second and third on draft day and the Cardinals said no. After the draft was over the Cardinals said the reports of them willing to take less then a first and third was false.

Interesting. Though I could see why the Cards wouldn't make such a trade to a team within the conference.

Giving Chicago Boldin makes them a team to be reckoned with.

MoreLemonPledge
05-07-2009, 06:02 PM

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/26/bears-tried-to-trade-for-boldin/

2nd only. That's why they said no.

LaChapelle
05-07-2009, 06:28 PM
With Haley accustomed to having two good receivers and Gonzalez gone, it seems they would want to add another weapon. I keep thinking we will hear something about adding Boldin or Braylon Edwards, but nothing seems to be happening. Ingram makes sense in the slot.

I just can't see them going into next season with what they have especially considering Haleys past experience with the AZ tandem. Any info that I'm not aware of?

I'm not picking on you Rexx, it's just that your thread is convenient. We need a consensus on which card to throw. The Haley/Cardinals card or the Pioli/Pats card. Both get thrown around to the poster's advantage.

If the Pioli(grocery buyer)/Pats card is thrown here. Who have the Pats spent big bucks or picks on?

Scorp
05-07-2009, 06:33 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/26/bears-tried-to-trade-for-boldin/

2nd only. That's why they said no.

NFL Network reported a 2nd and a 3rd.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm not picking on you Rexx, it's just that your thread is convenient. We need a consensus on which card to throw. The Haley/Cardinals card or the Pioli/Pats card. Both get thrown around to the poster's advantage.

If the Pioli(grocery buyer)/Pats card is thrown here. Who have the Pats spent big bucks or picks on?

They traded a 2nd and 7th for Welker and then gave him a 5-year deal worth about $20M.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 07:31 PM
NFL Network reported a 2nd and a 3rd.

If he holds out or something, the price is likely to come down as the Cardinals at least consider the thought of moving just to get him out of their hair.

And FTR, I think his chances of leaving Arizona are remote at best.