PDA

View Full Version : Football Brett Favre just told the Vikings that he'd rather stay retired......

Kylo Ren
05-07-2009, 02:50 PM
......I just got a text from ESPN.

Translation: The Vikes offer is not big enough.

Personally, I hope he comes back and plays again. Favre and his retirement hokey pokey doesn't bother me as much as it does most of you. If the guy wants to play and a team wants to pay him, let him play.

Sure-Oz
05-07-2009, 02:51 PM
It's been all over espn for the last 30 min or so....

I could care less, i hope he stays retired. He just doesn't want to come back and show up until the first regular season game.

BYE FAVRE, play the fucking keyboard cat

Scorp
05-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Well......Bye.

Deberg_1990
05-07-2009, 02:56 PM
He just doesn't want to come back and show up until the first regular season game.

This.

and i see no problem with that. What good does training camp and mini camps do for Favre? Seriously. What does he have left to learn?

I hope he plays again. Ive always enjoyed watching him play.

htismaqe
He's gonna play. He just doesn't want to do the whole offseason program.

Gonzo

I could care less, i hope he stays retired. He just doesn't want to come back and show up until the first regular season game.

BYE FAVRE, play the ****ing keyboard cat

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ndx_IdlUQU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ndx_IdlUQU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Buck
This.

and i see no problem with that. What good does training camp and mini camps do for Favre? Seriously. What does he have left to learn?

Oh I dont know, the new teams playbook?

Valiant

BYE FAVRE, play the ****ing keyboard cat

This probably more then anything..

I want him to come back and fail miserably.. Keep tarnishing himself.. Or see Brooks win a super bowl and go Favre who??

unothadeal
05-07-2009, 02:58 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBfYQOSSPqc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBfYQOSSPqc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Scorp
05-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Oh I dont know, the new teams playbook?

Overrated. ROFL

PastorMikH
05-07-2009, 03:00 PM
This.

At his age he needs all the work he can get just to get into football shape. He also needs to learn a new team's playbook as well as getting some chemistry going with the new receivers.

Sure-Oz
05-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Favre's legacy is tarnished a bit cause he looks so damn selfish and his damn waffling

Deberg_1990
05-07-2009, 03:03 PM
At his age he needs all the work he can get just to get into football shape. He also needs to learn a new team's playbook as well as getting some chemistry going with the new receivers.

I gurantee some team will come calling to Favre in late August or early Sept.

wild1
05-07-2009, 03:03 PM

especially as old as Favre was looking at the end of last year, you'd think he would like to be in shape.

Sure-Oz
05-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Favre will say he wants a 5 second rule before he can get hit by defensive players too

Deberg_1990
Favre's legacy is tarnished a bit cause he looks so damn selfish and his damn waffling

heh....Tarnished huh? Its not like they are going to keep him out of the Hall because he waffled for a few years.

PastorMikH
I gurantee some team will come calling to Favre in late August or early Sept.

I don't doubt it. Shoot, it wouldn't surprise me if Denver calls him after seeing their QB situation in camp.

Sure-Oz
heh....Tarnished huh? Its not like they are going to keep him out of the Hall because he waffled for a few years.

Of course not, but he looks like a douche to alot of fans

chiefs1111
05-07-2009, 03:06 PM
good,stay retired Brett

Chiefnj2
05-07-2009, 03:07 PM
By early August Favre will have convinced the Vikings to play all their home games in Mississippi.

Sure-Oz
05-07-2009, 03:08 PM
By early August Favre will have convinced the Vikings to play all their home games in Mississippi.

ROFL

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 03:10 PM
especially as old as Favre was looking at the end of last year, you'd think he would like to be in shape.

I'm sure he'll want to get in shape on his own rather than doing team workouts.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-07-2009, 03:12 PM
BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Sure-Oz
05-07-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm sure he'll want to get in shape on his own rather than doing team workouts.

Trout fishing and trying on wranglers is a hell of a workout

MoreLemonPledge
05-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Jesus, I'm so sick of it. Have been for 3 years now.

Scorp
05-07-2009, 03:15 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/caqr2zecCUs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/caqr2zecCUs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-07-2009, 03:16 PM
MOTHERFUCK YOU, MINNESOTA; 1-15 on your sorry asses.

Print It!

MoreLemonPledge
05-07-2009, 03:18 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/caqr2zecCUs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/caqr2zecCUs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I got 20 seconds in and her voice pissed me off.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-07-2009, 03:23 PM
I got 20 seconds in and her voice pissed me off.

1) She's hot and you're ghey.

2) I know exactly where to go now! Thanks!(filing away for later usage...)

CrazyPhuD
05-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Damn and I really wanted to see him win three straight championships for the vikings....all beating the packers in the NFC champ game.

Sure-Oz
05-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Damn and I really wanted to see him win three straight championships for the vikings....all beating the packers in the NFC champ game.

and then beating the jets and saying how much thomas jones sucks

CrazyPhuD
05-07-2009, 03:27 PM
As long as he gives Sanchez the dirty one in the process.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-07-2009, 03:28 PM
As long as he gives Sanchez the dirty one in the process.

Yeah, right! ROFL

CoMoChief
05-07-2009, 03:29 PM
His wife prob threatened to leave him if he chose to play.

(enter in Brad Paisley song)

WELL IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm gonna miss her.........

DJJasonp
05-07-2009, 04:19 PM
I just dont get all the favre-hate out there....

There's a helluva lot worse punks (past and present) in the NFL to hate: Vick, Grbac, Ray Lewis, Rae Carruth, Rivers, etc. etc.

I'd much rather have a guy on my team so freakin' competitive (even in his 14th or 15th season...or whatever it is)...that he takes getting released personally....and wants revenge - than being a gutless pansy like Grbac was.

So what if the guy waffles on retiring? I hope I love what I'm doing so much when I'm ready to retire that I change my mind a few times. (hopefully it wont be "..damn...if I hang in there another month...I might make assistant fry-cook!" :) )

Look...most of this crap that's been going on for the past 3-4 years is not Favre's fault....it's media-driven (and a healthy slurping from Madden).

I really think this is about being competitive.....Favre's got plenty of money. And like I said before....I WANT guys like that on my team (where they're playing to win cause they love the game and HATE to lose)....rather than a diaper-laden LJ who will never run as hard again as he did the year he was working towards getting the fat contract.

Just my 2 cents.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-07-2009, 04:22 PM

There's a helluva lot worse punks (past and present) in the NFL to hate: Vick, Grbac, Ray Lewis, Rae Carruth, Rivers, etc. etc.

I'd much rather have a guy on my team so freakin' competitive (even in his 14th or 15th season...or whatever it is)...that he takes getting released personally....and wants revenge - than being a gutless pansy like Grbac was.

So what if the guy waffles on retiring? I hope I love what I'm doing so much when I'm ready to retire that I change my mind a few times. (hopefully it wont be "..damn...if I hang in there another month...I might make assistant fry-cook!" :) )

Look...most of this crap that's been going on for the past 3-4 years is not Favre's fault....it's media-driven (and a healthy slurping from Madden).

I really think this is about being competitive.....Favre's got plenty of money. And like I said before....I WANT guys like that on my team (where they're playing to win cause they love the game and HATE to lose)....rather than a diaper-laden LJ who will never run as hard again as he did the year he was working towards getting the fat contract.

Just my 2 cents.

Preach on! Preach on!:thumb:
REP.

Scorp
05-07-2009, 04:26 PM

I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........ESPN just reported Brett Favre Farted.......I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........NFL Network just reported Brett Favre is eating Tacos.............I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........ESPN just reported Brett Favre sneezed.........I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play......... :spock:

DJJasonp
05-07-2009, 04:29 PM
I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........ESPN just reported Brett Favre Farted.......I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........NFL Network just reported Brett Favre is eating Tacos.............I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........ESPN just reported Brett Favre sneezed.........I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play.........I am retired...........I want to play.........I am retired.................I want to play...........I am retired..........I want to play......... :spock:

I get that...and feel ya....but like I said...much of that is ESPN's fault.

Jordan didnt get the same treatment for flip-flopping, right? People were just stoked to get a few more chances to see the guy play.

I'm truly not a packer fan...nor a hard-core fan of Favre's....I just appreciate his love for the game and his competitiveness. And he does have a good time playing the game (and has skills obviously)....better than seeing T.O. do situps on his front yard....or see Rodney Harrison dole out another cheap shot....etc etc.

Bugeater
05-07-2009, 04:33 PM
The dude just likes to have his name in the news, he's a bigger attention whore than DCS.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-07-2009, 04:34 PM
The dude just likes to have his name in the news, he's a bigger attention whore than DCS.

Like hell he is!nlm

MoreLemonPledge
05-07-2009, 04:35 PM
I get that...and feel ya....but like I said...much of that is ESPN's fault.

Jordan didnt get the same treatment for flip-flopping, right? People were just stoked to get a few more chances to see the guy play.

I'm truly not a packer fan...nor a hard-core fan of Favre's....I just appreciate his love for the game and his competitiveness. And he does have a good time playing the game (and has skills obviously)....better than seeing T.O. do situps on his front yard....or see Rodney Harrison dole out another cheap shot....etc etc.

No, Favre relishes it. IIRC, he scheduled a press conference in Georgia a year or two ago, presumably to make an announcement about retiring. He gets there and asks why everybody is there, he's got nothing to say.

He's an attention whore, and the worst kind. He craves attention, but acts all "Oh, shucks" when he gets it. At least T.O. and others readily admit they love attention.

His stats are great, but people overlook how crappy he can be at times, too (especially lately). He may have a game where he throws for 5 touchdowns, but the next week he'll throw 4 interceptions (for which he's the career leader).

I can't stand Favre.

CoMoChief
05-07-2009, 04:36 PM

How? ESPN swirled this rumor into something that wasn't.

As soon as the Jets released Favre, they immediately said "The Vikings are on the phone.....blah blah blah etc and then it makes the headlines across the country and they run with it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-07-2009, 04:40 PM
I can't stand Favre.

:D

Bugeater
05-07-2009, 04:42 PM

As soon as the Jets released Favre, they immediately said "The Vikings are on the phone.....blah blah blah etc and then it makes the headlines across the country and they run with it.
Uhh...I'm pretty sure he's the one that asked for the release.

MoreLemonPledge
05-07-2009, 04:42 PM
:D

Damn you!

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Damn you!

:evil:

beach tribe
05-07-2009, 04:51 PM

I'm actually glad that everyone gets to see him for who he truly is. Which is a self serving drama queen.

kstater
05-07-2009, 04:54 PM

Uhh, teams don't go around randomly releasing retired players.

Marcellus
05-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Good GOD I hope he retires so we can end this shit. I used to really like Favre and now I can't stand him because of this ridiculous shit.