PDA

View Full Version : Life My son is in jail

Pages : [1] 2

badgirl
05-08-2009, 03:51 PM
He got caught back in Dec. with pot in his car and a bong, well he is 19 and he had never been in any legal trouble in his life, after 5 mos of passing his drug test he failed it this morning and had to go to jail they are saying for 45 days.:shake:

I see my brother in trouble all the time for serious stuff and he never goes to jail for nothing, I know its not his fault that my son is in jail, but it pisses me off. I see drunk drivers have the freedom to keep going out and doing it over and over again till they end up killing some innocent person.

I blame no one but my son for his failing this drug test 3 weeks before he went to court, but it doesn't help, I am still heartbroken over him being locked up.

I don't think they should be so hard on pot smokers, not just because he does it but I have always felt this way, pot grows naturally and it shouldn't be illegal to start with.

Brock
05-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with you, but if you want to do that kind of stuff and not get in trouble, he should move out of hillbilly country.

Donger
05-08-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm not touching this one. Not with a ten meter cattle prod.

AustinChief
I agree that pot smokers are unfairly persecuted for something that does relatively little harm to society... BUT come'on... all he had to do was pass a weekly (monthly?) drug test... if he doesn't take things serious enough than a little jail time will solve that problem... unfortunately 45 days is FAR too long... 15 days would be more appropriate. Any chance of getting that time cut down?

badgirl
I agree wholeheartedly with you, but if you want to do that kind of stuff and not get in trouble, he should move out of hillbilly country.

I agree the location is part of it, I remember when my brother in law got caught in Texas with pot and they just dumped it out and let him go, he lives in Hazard, KY and they have nothing better to do I guess.

Donger
05-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I agree the location is part of it, I remember when my brother in law got caught in Texas with pot and they just dumped it out and let him go, he lives in Hazard, KY and they have nothing better to do I guess.

Maybe you could have a private chat with Sheriff Coltrane?

BigMeatballDave
05-08-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm all for decriminalizing MJ, but he's a dumbass.

Stewie
There has to be more to this story. No one gets locked up for 45 days for smoking pot. Did you get a dumbass lawyer?

badgirl
I agree that pot smokers are unfairly persecuted for something that does relatively little harm to society... BUT come'on... all he had to do was pass a weekly (monthly?) drug test... if he doesn't take things serious enough than a little jail time will solve that problem... unfortunately 45 days is FAR too long... 15 days would be more appropriate. Any chance of getting that time cut down?

Well he had to call a number every morning for 6 mos and if they said his color (blue) he had 2 hours to go down for a drug test and he sometimes had to take it 3 times a week. He was also on a 6pm curfue. He said he knew he was going to fail it this morning before he even went to take it. I know its nuts on his behalf to screw it up

He has to go back before the judge Monday morning and I am hoping they will not make him do the 45 days, but we will have to see.

CrazyPhuD
While I agree that 45 days seems excessive for something like this and one could argue that weed should be legalized. That said, doesn't excuse the fact that he couldn't stay away from it for 6months.

If he is that lacking in personal discipline/responsibility then he's going to have bigger issues in life. As much as this is unfortunate for him if it teaches him something it may do far more good than harm.

badgirl
05-08-2009, 03:59 PM
There has to be more to this story. No one gets locked up for 45 days for smoking pot. Did you get a dumbass lawyer?

He did get 45 days and that is all there are to it, there is no more to this story. Nothing else, he got pulled over 2 days after Christmas and they found a bong and a small bag of pot. Thats it.

badgirl
05-08-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm all for decriminalizing MJ, but he's a dumbass.

I actually agree on this too. It was stupid.

AustinChief
05-08-2009, 04:01 PM

45 days is because he violated the conditions of parole. Pretty standard actually.

beach tribe
He got caught back in Dec. with pot in his car and a bong, well he is 19 and he had never been in any legal trouble in his life, after 5 mos of passing his drug test he failed it this morning and had to go to jail they are saying for 45 days.:shake:

I see my brother in trouble all the time for serious stuff and he never goes to jail for nothing, I know its not his fault that my son is in jail, but it pisses me off. I see drunk drivers have the freedom to keep going out and doing it over and over again till they end up killing some innocent person.

I blame no one but my son for his failing this drug test 3 weeks before he went to court, but it doesn't help, I am still heartbroken over him being locked up.

I don't think they should be so hard on pot smokers, not just because he does it but I have always felt this way, pot grows naturally and it shouldn't be illegal to start with.

Yeah, that's messed up. TN is pretty tough when you're on probation. I know, I was on it a few times when I was your son's age.

There is a drink called XXXtra clean, and if your son can't stop smokin the weed he needs to stack up on this stuff. I passed a ton of drug tests on it.

But seriously, he needs to not smoke while he's on probation. I know, duh right, but it's tough sometimes when you're that age. You need to to really get him to stay straight for a while because they will make it really hard for him to get off probation. It is income for them so they set it up, to where you mess up, and they are happy to keep your money rolling in.

I very much doubt he gets 45 days if he doesn't have much of a record. My bet would be 48 hrs, and no more than a week at the MOST. Let us know how it goes. I'm curious to see.

Great Expectations
He did get 45 days and that is all there are to it, there is no more to this story. Nothing else, he got pulled over 2 days after Christmas and they found a bong and a small bag of pot. Thats it.

Priors?

BWillie
Never understood what is so fun about smoking pot in the first place. Every time I do it I feel like I just wasted time. But to have it being illegal is just dumb. Pot is much safer than say, ALCOHOL, which kills hundreds of thousands each year.

Buck
05-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Sorry but thats plain stupid. Three weeks away?

I would tell your son to claim a false positive and somehow get another test.

badgirl
While I agree that 45 days seems excessive for something like this and one could argue that weed should be legalized. That said, doesn't excuse the fact that he couldn't stay away from it for 6months.

If he is that lacking in personal discipline/responsibility then he's going to have bigger issues in life. As much as this is unfortunate for him if it teaches him something it may do far more good than harm.

He isn't lacking in discipline/responsibility, he has been working for almost 4 years, he started working for his dads company right after he turned 16, hes just a 19 year old boy and yea he shouldn't be smoking pot, but he doesn't do any other kind of drug (if you call pot a drug) and he doesn't drink. He is a good boy who ended up getting caught doing something stupid.

beach tribe

OMG!! I didn't read all the posts before I posted obviously. I cannot believe it.

Are you sure there's something your not telling us? That seems so extreme.

beach tribe
05-08-2009, 04:04 PM
How much pot did he have??

Scorp
Tell him not to bend over and pick up the soap! :drool:

SPATCH
if only he would have known about fruit pectin...

badgirl
05-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Priors?

No this is the first time he has EVER been in trouble with the law. He asked the cop (talking about dumb) if he would be able to get his hooka bong back after he went to court. The cop was evidentally amazed at the size of the bong, it stood in the floor and had 4 tubes of some kind that came out of the side of it and he was explaining to the cop how you use it. :doh!:

beach tribe
Tell him not to bend over and pick up the soap! :drool:

For real. There might be some guys like you in there. Ha ha ha.

beach tribe
No this is the first time he has EVER been in trouble with the law. He asked the cop (talking about dumb) if he would be able to get his hooka bong back after he went to court. The cop was evidentally amazed at the size of the bong, it stood in the floor and had 4 tubes of some kind that came out of the side of it and he was explaining to the cop how you use it. :doh!:

I just can'r believe they gave him that much time. That is insane.

wild1
05-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Well, if he's 19 and hasn't been an adult for even two years yet, and has a drug rap and a probation violation that will likely land him in the can for a while, I wouldn't take the position that he's a boyscout who is screwed by the judicial system. He's got issues that should not be ignored.

He's carrying around weed and bongs in his car, he can't stay out of trouble even under penalty of jail time. He's probably a regular drug user and has been for years.

IMO you shouldn't be trying to help him wiggle out of it. Let him do the sentence and get his head on straight.

KcKing
I got caught with 5 pounds of the stuff back in '01... Got 30 days and a couple years probation... But it was my first offense, and my pee tests were altered... uhhh... I mean clean.

45 for a small bag? You guys should move, or get a better attorney, or both...
Posted via Mobile Device

AustinChief
He has to go back before the judge Monday morning and I am hoping they will not make him do the 45 days, but we will have to see.

GOOD, I thought he was already slated for the full 45 (in Texas i is 6 MONTHS!!!) but since this is his first time and he has no other legal problems he will probably get a lecture from the judge and either released on the spot or a few more days...I can't see them enforcing the full 45 unless the judge is a complete ass AND you have a ton of extra space in your local jail (hardly ever the case)

Good Luck!

badgirl
How much pot did he have??

Just a small bag for personal use. Not enough to consider for resale or anything.

Baconeater
This is bullshit, there's something he's not telling you.

Mile High Mania
05-08-2009, 04:07 PM
It was a dumb thing to do without a doubt... hopefully, this is a major wake up call for him. Like you said, he's 19.... many of us thought we were bullet-proof at 19.

Regardless of anyone's view on it... it's probably a good idea to ditch the habit because it is illegal and all it will do for him going forward is just put him in a bigger mess legally.

I think you're just prolonging the inevitable in most cases when you try to mask it as suggested previously and it does nothing but encourage stupid behavior.

badgirl
OMG!! I didn't read all the posts before I posted obviously. I cannot believe it.

Are you sure there's something your not telling us? That seems so extreme.

There truely is nothing else to the story.

Buck

My guess is that he was caught DUI???

AustinChief
05-08-2009, 04:08 PM
I just can'r believe they gave him that much time. That is insane.

#1 he probly won't do the whole 45 and... #2 in Texas it is 6 months MINIMUM and up to 2 years ... for ANY AMOUNT UNDER 5 lbs.

So 45 days is not such a shock.

badgirl

No there isn't, we're talking about Hazard Kentucky, I swear there is nothing else, if there was I would tell you.

Brock
It's not unbelievable. There are parts of this country where draconian measures are taken against marijuana users. Mostly in the south.

beach tribe
05-08-2009, 04:09 PM
GOOD, I thought he was already slated for the full 45 (in Texas i is 6 MONTHS!!!) but since this is his first time and he has no other legal problems he will probably get a lecture from the judge and either released on the spot or a few more days...I can't see them enforcing the full 45 unless the judge is a complete ass AND you have a ton of extra space in your local jail (hardly ever the case)

Good Luck!

This has to be the case. Maybe they're trying to scare him, and will end up not making him serve all that time.

badgirl

No, he doen't drink. Its for possession and drug paraphnellia

luv

Good Luck!

He'll be guaranteed more tests, and probably more often.

badgirl
05-08-2009, 04:10 PM

His dad went and got him out when he was arrested and told me what he was charged with.

Skip Towne
05-08-2009, 04:11 PM

Sounds like he got 45 days on the original offense then was granted probation. He then violated the terms of his probation and it was revoked. So now he is serving the original sentence.

Iowanian
I hate Big Sheriff!

Damn the MAN!

Buck
No, he doen't drink. Its for possession and drug paraphnellia

Talking about Driving under the influence of Marijuana

badgirl
Sounds like he got 45 days on the original offense then was granted probation. He then violated the terms of his probation and it was revoked. So now he is serving the original sentence.

He was released based on his passing the drug tests he was suppose to go to court the end of this month.

beach tribe
05-08-2009, 04:12 PM
#1 he probly won't do the whole 45 and... #2 in Texas it is 6 months MINIMUM and up to 2 years ... for ANY AMOUNT UNDER 5 lbs.

Wow 6 months?? And they wonder why the jails are full. That is fucking ridiculous. I'll bet they give violent offenders the same amount of time. It's time for the judicial system to evolve past petty jail/prison filling marijuana charges. I can't think of a more harmless crime that smoking weed. Good gosh.

Mile High Mania
05-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Well, it doesn't really matter how small of an amount it was or that it was for personal use... it's illegal, plain and simple.

If this were the kid of a pro athlete or a senator and he was given 45 days, everyone would say "good".

beach tribe
05-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Talking about Driving under the influence of Marijuana

That's probably the case.

Brock
Well, it doesn't really matter how small of an amount it was or that it was for personal use... it's illegal, plain and simple.

If this were the kid of a pro athlete or a senator and he was given 45 days, everyone would say "good".

Very few people think this is "good", no matter who it is.

Baconeater
No there isn't, we're talking about Hazard Kentucky, I swear there is nothing else, if there was I would tell you.
Well let's you and I hop in the General Lee and head down to the courthouse, you can distract Enos with your cleavage while I bust him out. Yeee-haaawww!!!

luv
He was released based on his passing the drug tests he was suppose to go to court the end of this month.

Yes. Those were probably the terms of the probation. He violated them.

AustinChief
05-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Just to be absolutely clear on this... THE JUDGE Has discretion on this and giving him 45 days is actually pretty light... in Kentucky he could have given him a full YEAR. Texas has a mandatory 6 MONTHS up to 2 years for any amount under 5 lbs.

badgirl
Yes. Those were probably the terms of the probation. He violated them.

He had not even been convicted, just charged, he had not went before a judge for the charges yet.

beach tribe

Not me. Maybe if it was a politician, or one of the law makers, who make stupid laws like this, I would laugh, and say good, but not their kid.

luv
05-08-2009, 04:15 PM
He had not even been convicted, just charged, he had not went before a judge for the charges yet.

That doesn't make sense.

badgirl
Just to be absolutely clear on this... THE JUDGE Has discretion on this and giving him 45 days is actually pretty light... in Kentucky he could have given him a full YEAR. Texas has a mandatory 6 MONTHS up to 2 years for any amount under 5 lbs.

Yes, a year is what my daughter told me this morning, that he could get a year, but they rarely do that. (I hope not)

Mile High Mania
Not me. Maybe if it was a politician, or one of the law makers, who make stupid laws like this, I would laugh, and say good, but not their kid.

Well, based on your prior comment, I wouldn't imagine you would say good.

CoMoChief

If you break the terms of your probation the judge pretty much has the right to slam your ass to the book as much as he/she can.

It's fuckin dumb. Weed being illegal is even more fuckin dumb, while alcohol has proven time and time again to be much more harmful to your body.

Baconeater

Actually, it does. Here in NE if you have less than an OZ (as long as it's not broken up) it's considered personal use and it's a misdemeanor. Over an OZ or having it separated it's a felony.

Not me.

badgirl
05-08-2009, 04:16 PM
That doesn't make sense.

No it doesn't but thats how it went down.

CrazyPhuD
So to everyone saying 45days is too long for pot...he didn't get 45 days for smoking pot, he got 45 days for probation violation. That is is default sentence that could be adjusted by the judge. This would likely be the result of any prob violation regardless of any crime. Sounds like he got 6 months probation for small quantity of drugs and drug paraphernalia. That's probably pretty normal in most jurisdictions.

What's going to get him thrown in jail isn't the drug charge, it's the fact that he was told to drop something for 6months, was told he was going to get tested for it AND he basically said F U to the law. Yes there is peer pressure, yes he's a young kid who thinks he's invincible, but he's about to learn his first lesson as an adult. Do I hope he goes to jail...100% yes, do I hope it's short 100% yes. What I hope the judge does is sentence him to 8 days in jail served on weekends. Not enough to affect his job...but it will take away his fun on weekends. Additionally I'm willing to be probation gets extended for another 6 months, if he screws up that probation/testing. Then god help him because he's got significant impulse control issues.

beach tribe

This does not add up. He was being given drug tests BEFORE he ever went to court for the initial charge?? I'm sorry, but that does not add up, and there is something you are forgetting or not telling us.

luv
05-08-2009, 04:17 PM
This does not add up. He was being given drug tests BEFORE he ever went to court for the initial charge?? I'm sorry, but that does not add up, and there is something you are forgetting or not telling us.

Or she didn't get told.

beach tribe
05-08-2009, 04:17 PM
So to everyone saying 45days is too long for pot...he didn't get 45 days for smoking pot, he got 45 days for probation violation. That is is default sentence that could be adjusted by the judge. This would likely be the result of any prob violation regardless of any crime. Sounds like he got 6 months probation for small quantity of drugs and drug paraphernalia. That's probably pretty normal in most jurisdictions.

What's going to get him thrown in jail isn't the drug charge, it's the fact that he was told to drop something for 6months, was told he was going to get tested for it AND he basically said F U to the law. Yes there is peer pressure, yes he's a young kid who thinks he's invincible, but he's about to learn his first lesson as an adult. Do I hope he goes to jail...100% yes, do I hope it's short 100% yes. What I hope the judge does is sentence him to 8 days in jail served on weekends. Not enough to affect his job...but it will take away his fun on weekends. Additionally I'm willing to be probation gets extended for another 6 months, if he screws up that probation/testing. Then god help him because he's got significant impulse control issues.
According to her, he was not on probation, and had not even been charged for a crime yet. It makes no sense.

badgirl
05-08-2009, 04:18 PM

They order it at his arraignment. No there is NOTHING I am not telling you. He has not went to court over the charges yet, he is suppose to go the end of May. He has NOT been convicted, just charged.

The only thing I can figure is if he had complied with everything they may have dropped the charges when he went to see the judge.

luv
According to her, he was not on probation, and had not even been charged for a crime yet. It makes no sense.

She said he had been charged, but not convicted.

acesn8s
Wow 6 months?? And they wonder why the jails are full. That is fucking ridiculous. I'll bet they give violent offenders the same amount of time. It's time for the judicial system to evolve past petty jail/prison filling marijuana charges. I can't think of a more harmless crime that smoking weed. Good gosh.Well, they do have the express lane for the chair to eliminate the problem.

Baconeater
Some jurisdictions have "diversion" programs where charges will be dropped if you meet certain conditions.

beach tribe
05-08-2009, 04:19 PM
They order it at his arraignment. No there is NOTHING I am not telling you. He has not went to court over the charges yet, he is suppose to go the end of May. He has NOT been convicted, just charged.

Wow. Strange. Must be a stiff judge. Sorry.

Stewie
05-08-2009, 04:19 PM
If what badgirl says is true it really pisses me off that we're spending tax dollars on this bullshit.

luv
05-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Well. It sucks, but he should've held off smoking. Regardless of whether he agrees with it, the law is the law, and he broke it.

Good luck.

ziggysocki
05-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Sounds to me like they took it easy on him in Dec. by giving him probation. My guess is that after the probation period he was off the hook, but he failed with a high degree of epicness in not getting baked. He had his chance, have fun in the Klink. Dumbass.

--- So was this some type of diversion agreement then? If has was never originally charged or convicted? If that's the case, he really screwed up, cause it wouldn't have even been on his record.

Skip Towne
05-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Some jurisdictions have "diversion" programs where charges will be dropped if you meet certain conditions.

Yep, Tulsa calls it a deferred sentence. If you comply with the provisions, they drop the charges. If not, they drop the hammer.

Hydrae

That may be the state statutes or something but I know the Austin PD has the discretion that if you have less than an ounce they can write you a ticket, confiscate the pot and be on their way. I know nothing about what is involved with the ticket so there are some details I am missing for sure.

Oh, and Williamson County said there was no way they would implement this. Come to think of it, this may have been put in place state-wide.

Brock
There is no more stupid phrase in the English language than "The law is the law". It's a lame excuse for government stupidity at all levels.

luv
05-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Yep, Tulsa calls it a deferred sentence. If you comply with the provisions, they drop the charges. If not, they drop the hammer.

SOS here. Suspension of Sentence.

ziggysocki
05-08-2009, 04:24 PM
The laws may be stupid, but breaking them after being given a chance to get off scott free is more stupid.

beach tribe

I did diversion programs in TN, and in FL. This could very well be the case, and would make sense, but both time I did it, I was sentenced to 6 mo. probation, and the diversion program, was if I passed the DTs for 3 months, they dropped the charges. If not, I would serve a week in jail, and begin my 6 mo. probation when I got out. Then if I failed one during probation, I would serve 29 days in jail.

My bet is, when he goes before the judge, he ends up with a week behind bars, and 6 mo. probation. Of course all this happened to me about 10 yrs ago, so things could very well be different now.

Ari Chi3fs
Man, I'd keep this shit to myself. badgirl is an idiot. no offense, but I can't say that I'm surprised at this scenario.

Simply Red
pull it out, pack it up, pass it along ...

CrazyPhuD
05-08-2009, 04:25 PM

The only thing I can figure is if he had complied with everything they may have dropped the charges when he went to see the judge.

Wow ok that seems a bit more unusual. I'm guessing the drug tests were a condition of his bail(likely that he didn't have to pay any). Still it's probably unlikely the judge would have completely let him of before. My guess would have been a diversion program with drug education/classes.

Now....wow...if I were the judge I'd be pissed, since you he had the chance to show he can stay away from it and didn't. To the judge this is going to show one of two things, A he has a drug problem(which actually would be the best for him since likely he would sentence treatment rather than jail). Or B he doesn't respect the law, at which point depending upon how bad of day the judge has would dictate how harsh the punishment is.

This could turn out more unfortunate, but hopefully he will be sentence to probation, treatment, and time served(which I'm guessing will only be a few days).

Baconeater
There is no more stupid phrase in the English language than "The law is the law". It's a lame excuse for government stupidity at all levels.
It is what it is.

Mile High Mania

Maybe so, but he made the wrong call when he decided to drive down the road with a huge bong and weed in his car. The second fatal flaw in his actions was to smoke dope during the probationary period.

The law may suck, but he's dealing with the judge now and he's on thin ice going forward. Here's some advice...

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKgPY1adc0A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

CoMoChief
05-08-2009, 04:27 PM
I got caught with a pipe in my car the night of Fat Tuesday, no pot was in it nor on me, I was in my friends car in the backseat and some dumbass with us had like 2 warrants out for his arrest, the cop found out when he ran all of our names in the car. Once he saw that one guy had warrants, he made the arrest and searched the veh and the rest of us (not sure he had the right to do that) and found the pipe in my coat pocket.

He wrote me a ticket for drug paraphenalia (sp?) and I went on about my day. Went to court and it cost me about $250 in fines. Fuckin bullshit. They spend so much tax dollars on this anti drug campaign shit and anti pot ads and all kinds of other shit that is meaningless. No kid at a young age really is going to smoke pot if they have good parents that keep on top of things, until they get out from under the roof of their parents and experience life without them (hence most people start smoking pot in college)

luv
It is what it is.

Eso si que es.

(Just spell SOCKS out loud)

AustinChief
That may be the state statutes or something but I know the Austin PD has the discretion that if you have less than an ounce they can write you a ticket, confiscate the pot and be on their way. I know nothing about what is involved with the ticket so there are some details I am missing for sure.

Oh, and Williamson County said there was no way they would implement this. Come to think of it, this may have been put in place state-wide.

Yup, I am just quoting the statute for when they CHARGE you... if the cops charge you based on the state law... that is what you will get. Some municipalities have created ways around that... but I doubt Hazard KY has....

CoMoChief

SIS - Suspended Imposition of Sentence........same thing it sounds like.

wutamess
05-08-2009, 04:28 PM
I got caught with 5 pounds of the stuff back in '01... Got 30 days and a couple years probation... But it was my first offense, and my pee tests were altered... uhhh... I mean clean.

45 for a small bag? You guys should move, or get a better attorney, or both...
Posted via Mobile Device

Wasn't you the one on here the other day that wouldn't incriminate himself for some reason because of some good news you had or something?

luv
05-08-2009, 04:29 PM
I got caught with a pipe in my car the night of Fat Tuesday, no pot was in it nor on me, I was in my friends car in the backseat and some dumbass with us had like 2 warrants out for his arrest, the cop found out when he ran all of our names in the car. Once he saw that one guy had warrants, he made the arrest and searched the veh and the rest of us (not sure he had the right to do that) and found the pipe in my coat pocket.

He wrote me a ticket for drug paraphenalia (sp?) and I went on about my day. Went to court and it cost me about $250 in fines. ****in bullshit. They spend so much tax dollars on this anti drug campaign shit and anti pot ads and all kinds of other shit that is meaningless. No kid at a young age really is going to smoke pot if they have good parents that keep on top of things, until they get out from under the roof of their parents and experience life without them (hence most people start smoking pot in college)

I've always been under the impression that it's hard to charge for paraphanalia if you only have the pipe. You could say you use it for tobacco. If you don't have any weed on you, then they can't really prove otherwise (unless they smell the pipe or check for resin).

Simply Red
05-08-2009, 04:30 PM
It is what it is.

ROFL

Mile High Mania
05-08-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm pretty sure that as soon as the cop discovers one of you had warrants out for your arrest... he was well within his rights to search the car and the people in it.

sedated
05-08-2009, 04:31 PM
He wrote me a ticket for drug paraphenalia (sp?) and I went on about my day. Went to court and it cost me about $250 in fines. ****in bullshit.

paraphernalia in johnson county will get you a YEAR of probation.

supervised probation.

by the biggest assh0les on earth.

no drugs (obviously), no drinking, multiple drug/alcohol classes, counceling, and you can't go into any place that serves alcohol (applebees, chipotle, arrowhead stadium, chuck E cheese, etc)

sedated
05-08-2009, 04:33 PM
I've always been under the impression that it's hard to charge for paraphanalia if you only have the pipe. You could say you use it for tobacco. If you don't have any weed on you, then they can't really prove otherwise (unless they smell the pipe or check for resin).

when's the last time you've seen a pipe without resin in it, other than at the head shop?

Hydrae
05-08-2009, 04:35 PM

There are a lot of places that have outlawed paraphanalia. I had to break a plastic bong on a curb once or get charged. Of course that was like 20-25 years ago now. Damn, I am getting old.

ziggysocki
05-08-2009, 04:36 PM
when's the last time you've seen a pipe without resin in it, other than at the head shop?

Maybe under the bathroom sink... that's about it.

Mile High Mania
I wish your son the best... as I said earlier, this is an early and very important life lesson for him. Hopefully, he is paying attention.

luv

Yeah, yeah. I know.

wild1
05-08-2009, 04:37 PM
this happened to someone I knew in school, he got a dui when we were seniors in high school, his parents got him a lawyer and all that. he had a minor drug arrest and they bailed him out then too. He was out of college and selling weed and meth eventually. Last I heard about the guy he was in prison in Missouri someplace for drug trafficking or whatever you get when you sell meth to an undercover.

Not saying your son is going to turn out this way, but I always wondered if his parents had not bailed him out constantly, if they had let him feel the consequences of stupidity and contempt for the law - even if they are not perfectly measured out - if he would have gone down a different path. sure, ultimately he made his own choices, but they really did not do him any favors.

Brock
05-08-2009, 04:37 PM
And that life lesson is "move the fuck out of there to a place that's a little less stone-age".

Katipan
05-08-2009, 04:46 PM
What a buzz kill.

CoMoChief
05-08-2009, 04:48 PM

Well it had resin in it, though I never used it that night up til that point. I planned on using it (hah) but at the time it was just in my coat pocket.

Der Flöprer
05-08-2009, 04:49 PM

It's not hard to see if you didn't already know, where I stand on the issue. However, anyone who can't stay away from anything for 6 months has a problem and could probably use some counseling on their impulse control.

sedated
05-08-2009, 04:56 PM
anyone who can't stay away from anything for 6 months has a problem and could probably use some counseling on their impulse control.

the kid was only 19. I doubt he has a complete understanding of consequences at this point.

Stewie
05-08-2009, 04:57 PM
the kid was only 19. I doubt he has a complete understanding of consequences at this point.

Bullshit! He's 19 not 12!

Der Flöprer
05-08-2009, 04:59 PM

Bullshit! He's 19 not 12!

Unfortunately, you're both right. At 19, he knows right from wrong, but he has no clue that the decisions he's making right now is going to affect him for the rest of his life. He won't learn that until it's too late unfortunately.

Mr. Kotter
05-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Sorry about your boy, badgirl. Hang in there.

On the bright side, this ought to be "interesting"....I'll have something else to look forward to later....

:hmmm:

CoMoChief
05-08-2009, 05:05 PM

As far as him knowing that pot is illegal, I'm sure he's more than aware of this.

But as far as knowing what the consequences are because of it, how it could effect him later in life, there are a lot of people who don't know how the court systems work. What judges are more leniant or what judges frown upon the most.

Repeat offenders piss off judges more than anything, especially since they gave you a slap on the wrist once and told you to stop, theyre more than likely not going to do that again.

KcKing
Wasn't you the one on here the other day that wouldn't incriminate himself for some reason because of some good news you had or something?

Not I sir... But even if I did... What I posted can't incriminate me... I've already been sentenced, served, probation'ioned, waited my 7 years, and had it expunged from my record... So it's really like it never happened... :D

Buck
About every 6 months or so I'll think back to something really stupid I've done within the last 3 months and say to myself. How stupid was I back then?

Not really on topic, but yeah.

Der Flöprer
05-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Not I sir... But even if I did... What I posted can't incriminate me... I've already been sentenced, served, probation'ioned, waited my 7 years, and had it expunged from my record... So it's really like it never happened... :D

You sure about that? If court records are available online, expungment no longer exists. Everything's available.

Mile High Mania
05-08-2009, 05:11 PM

True - he is 19, very young, but also he is an adult. And, as his mom pointed out, he has held a good job (working for his dad) for 4 years... lots of things to point to and say "the guy knew better, but he screwed up and got caught."

It's not like these are new laws... and if you think they're bad laws, well... that's kinda beyond the point.

Hopefully, he learns from it.

kstater
05-08-2009, 05:15 PM
but he doesn't do any other kind of drug (if you call pot a drug) and he doesn't drink. .

Heh, you keep on believing that.

Mile High Mania
05-08-2009, 05:16 PM
In my experience, I've never known a guy that smoked pot and didn't drink... or have some other vice.

CoMoChief
05-08-2009, 05:17 PM
In my experience, I've never known a guy that smoked pot and didn't drink... or have some other vice.

I have a couple friends that wont touch alcohol, but smoke pot just about every day.

Skip Towne
05-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Will you go visit him in jail? I'm betting the place is full of kids.

badgirl
05-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Will you go visit him in jail? I'm betting the place is full of kids.

I will wait and see how things go Monday.

KcKing
05-08-2009, 05:53 PM
You sure about that? If court records are available online, expungment no longer exists. Everything's available.

I see your point sir... I have a pretty common name though, and social's aren't on the records online... I'm good...
Posted via Mobile Device

JOhn
05-08-2009, 07:28 PM

Pretty light for these parts also, especially here in Park Co WY. Pretty much any drug charge they hammer you on. If it's a second offense for any drug other than alcohol, you can bet your doing 6 months min, or place in the Drug court program( kinda like ISP )

Short Leash Hootie
05-08-2009, 07:35 PM

Perhaps you should have found a lawyer then...

Jeez.

I know a guy with two DUI's and failed on drug test on probation and has spent a total of TEN days in jail.

Short Leash Hootie
05-08-2009, 07:40 PM
When probation is revoked, you get re-tried...so the original sentence doesn't really mean anything.

When I was on probation, I had my probation revoked when I received a drinking ticket, and when I was re-sentenced, I actually received a lighter sentence with less probation.

It was awesome.

A drinking ticket reduced my probation time two years...

If you're a teenager with a job and go to school, most judges could give a shit about getting caught drinking.

badgirl
05-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Perhaps you should have found a lawyer then...

Jeez.

I know a guy with two DUI's and failed on drug test on probation and has spent a total of TEN days in jail.

He does have a lawyer who he paid out of his own pocket, he hasn't asked me or his dad for anything, he paid 1500.00 and this attorney said "I can get you out of everything except running the red light" he ended up on this curfew and hasn't got to go back to work since Dec. (his dad works in Ohio) his lawyer sucks, i hope he shows up in court Monday.

Detoxing
05-08-2009, 08:00 PM
As previously said, the 45 days are probably 4 probation violation, not the weed. I seriously doubt he will serve 45 days. I would be shocked if he served more than 2 weeks.

My dad would violate probation all the time, he had multiple warrants 4 his arrest. I can't even remember how many times he had to serve time in county, and yet his longest sentence was around 60 days or so. And he was a heroin abuser on top of all that. If ur son gets 45 days 4 something like that, then KY must really like giving young men the dick
Posted via Mobile Device

badgirl
05-08-2009, 08:01 PM
As previously said, the 45 days are probably 4 probation violation, not the weed. I seriously doubt he will serve 45 days. I would be shocked if he served more than 2 weeks.

My dad would violate probation all the time, he had multiple warrants 4 his arrest. I can't even remember how many times he had to serve time in county, and yet his longest sentence was around 60 days or so. And he was a heroin abuser on top of all that. If ur son gets 45 days 4 something like that, then KY must really like giving young men the dick
Posted via Mobile Device

he was never actually was put on probation by the court this was something they did in order to let him out till his court date other than a bond they done this.

Baconeater
05-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Sounds like you are a failure as a parent, badgirl. :shake:

JOhn
05-08-2009, 08:04 PM
If ur son gets 45 days 4 something like that, then KY must really like giving young men the dickPosted via Mobile Device

ROFL

It's getting to be like that in a lot of places.
I had a very minor minor drug offense, and ended up doing 4 months in county, with a 2-4 suspended for 5 years probation :mad:

JOhn
05-08-2009, 08:05 PM
he was never actually was put on probation by the court this was something they did in order to let him out till his court date other than a bond they done this.

This sounds like a BOND REVOCATION. Which looks just as bad as a probation violation in the eyes of the court, or worse. It shows that even when given a chance to try and make things easier on himself before going to court/sentancing he still can't stay out of trouble.

Just saying

badgirl
05-08-2009, 08:05 PM

Your ignorant, tell any parent cause their teenager got into trouble it was cause they were bad parents, I guess your mom and dad sucked as parents or you were a nerdy teenager who never got into trouble. Your ignorant for saying that.

JOhn
05-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Your ignorant, tell any parent cause their teenager got into trouble it was cause they were bad parents, I guess your mom and dad sucked as parents or you were a nerdy teenager who never got into trouble. Your ignorant for saying that.

ROFL

Sarcasm is a terrible thing to waste. :D

Baconeater
05-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Well I'm not a felon, so they must not have been too bad.

RJ
05-08-2009, 08:16 PM

Yes. I'm just glad nothing like this ever happened to my two sons.

Father Mike and Dr. Chris, I am so proud. I'd call them up right now and tell them but their cell phones won't work on the north face of Mt. Everest.

badgirl
05-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Well I'm not a felon, so they must not have been too bad.

Hes not a felon either, for the amount he has it was simple possession, a misdeamenor.

Baconeater
05-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Yes. I'm just glad nothing like this ever happened to my two sons.

Father Mike and Dr. Chris, I am so proud. I'd call them up right now and tell them but their cell phones won't work on the north face of Mt. Everest.
I figured you'd be a much better parent than badgirl.

luv
Hes not a felon either, for the amount he has it was simple possession, a misdeamenor.

I thought they gave tickets for misdemeanors?

And you said red light. I'm guessing that's why he got pulled over?

Baconeater
He isn't...yet.

badgirl
05-08-2009, 08:31 PM

If it matters, my oldest son who is 24 is a youth minister at his church. So now what?

badgirl
05-08-2009, 08:31 PM
I thought they gave tickets for misdemeanors?

And you said red light. I'm guessing that's why he got pulled over?

yes, then they found the stuff.

Baconeater
05-08-2009, 08:32 PM
If it matters, my oldest son who is 24 is a youth minister at his church. So now what?
You...probably don't want me to go there...

luv
05-08-2009, 08:32 PM

Badgirl, he was being sarcastic to begin with. Don't take it personally. You shared it. People are gonna give you shit.

Baconeater
05-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I was just being a dick, I'm bored. I know a couple that has two boys, the older one (21 now) is a high school dropout and has been in and out of jail since he was 16, and the other is a straight A student who will be going to college. Both were raised in the exact same environment with the same parents, go figure. :shrug:

badgirl
Badgirl, he was being sarcastic to begin with. Don't take it personally. You shared it. People are gonna give you shit.

ok

badgirl
Yeah, I was just being a dick, I'm bored. I know a couple that has two boys, the older one (21 now) is a high school dropout and has been in and out of jail since he was 16, and the other is a straight A student who will be going to college. Both were raised in the exact same environment with the same parents, go figure. :shrug:

Sorry for taking it personally.

badgirl
05-08-2009, 08:40 PM
You...probably don't want me to go there...

true.

Baconeater
05-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Sorry for taking it personally.
I was trying to push your buttons, I should be apologizing to you. :D

RJ
05-08-2009, 08:41 PM

Well, what can I say? It wasn't easy working six jobs, but knowing they were in the most prestigious private schools made it all worthwhile. And if I hadn't, they may never have been able to save those thousands of Sudanese refugees from the soldiers.

alnorth
05-08-2009, 08:44 PM
The real shame of this story is that if you lived in California, this wouldnt even be a misdemeanor. Assuming you dont have huge amounts so they could nail you for intent to sell, they treat this as a citation, basically just like a parking ticket. You pay your fine and thats it.

badgirl
05-08-2009, 08:50 PM
The real shame of this story is that if you lived in California, this wouldnt even be a misdemeanor. Assuming you dont have huge amounts so they could nail you for intent to sell, they treat this as a citation, basically just like a parking ticket. You pay your fine and thats it.

I lived south of San Antonio and thats kinda the way it was down there, well It was a small town called Hondo and they would just pour it out and if it was a small amount and send you on down the road.

Baconeater
05-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Actually, if you were a good parent you would've raised him in a state with more relaxed drug laws.

JOhn
05-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Actually, if you were a good parent you would've raised him in a state with more relaxed drug laws.

This :thumb:

Skip Towne
05-08-2009, 08:56 PM
I was trying to push your buttons, I should be apologizing to you. :D

You damn Cornholer. :p

luv
05-08-2009, 09:01 PM

My older brother was in and out of jail in his late teen/early twenties years. Got married and had three kids. Thought he might've straightened out. Now he's divorced, signed away his rights to his kids so he won't have to pay child support, and is currently mooching off of his latest victim-err-friend while not working. I believe he might have a warrant out for an unpaid speeding ticket.

Then, well, you guys get me. The good child with no life. :D

Same parents. I don't understand it.

The Poz
05-08-2009, 09:07 PM
That's pretty stiff. Sorry to hear.
I've actually had a conversation with a cop while smoking and he didn't say a word.

http://www.torontofreedomfestival.com/

Baconeater
05-08-2009, 09:11 PM
My older brother was in and out of jail in his late teen/early twenties years. Got married and had three kids. Thought he might've straightened out. Now he's divorced, signed away his rights to his kids so he won't have to pay child support, and is currently mooching off of his latest victim-err-friend while not working. I believe he might have a warrant out for an unpaid speeding ticket.

Oh please, you're not fooling me, you're nothing but trouble as well.

Skip Towne
05-08-2009, 09:12 PM

The best hitters in baseball are only successful one third of the time.

luv
05-08-2009, 09:18 PM
The best hitters in baseball are only successful one third of the time.

Maybe, if my dad's third child had grown up. Of course, he would have had a different mom. :hmmm:

stumppy
05-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Well Gloria, look at it this way. If the 45 days in jail doesn't get him to straighten up maybe he'll learn how to pass the drug test from someone in there.

RJ
05-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Well Gloria, look at it this way. If the 45 days in jail doesn't get him to straighten up maybe he'll learn how to pass the drug test from someone in there.

An excellent observation.

JOhn
05-08-2009, 09:42 PM

And were to get the really good stuff :thumb:

stumppy
05-08-2009, 09:45 PM
The glass is always half full.:D

Skip Towne
05-08-2009, 09:57 PM

Voice of experience?

Fruit Ninja
05-08-2009, 10:01 PM
lol Ok, i just read through the first few pages and i will say that, he was arrested and the court date will set his days in jail. Maximum days is 45 i am guessing. He's going to do about a week or time served and extended probation. I will come back to this thread when she replies after his court date and what i said in this thread will probably be 100 percent accurate. If not 100, 95. lol

stumppy
05-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Voice of experience?

Just comes with getting old I think.

There's just some things a young man has to learn the hard way.

luv
05-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Just comes with getting old I think.

There's just some things a young man has to learn the hard way.

Some don't learn the lessons intended. I hope her son does. Of course, if he gets off too lightly, he'll have no respect for the law. I hope I'm wrong. That's just been what I've witnessed in the past.

Skip Towne
05-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Some don't learn the lessons intended. I hope her son does. Of course, if he gets off too lightly, he'll have no respect for the law. I hope I'm wrong. That's just been what I've witnessed in the past.

You think he needs some "iron therapy?"

stumppy
05-08-2009, 10:16 PM

IMO respect for the law usually doesn't have a lot to do with it. Enviroment, peers, and lifestyle weigh in at about 90% of the drugs/no drugs decision.

KcFanInGA
05-08-2009, 10:25 PM
I wish your son the best... as I said earlier, this is an early and very important life lesson for him. Hopefully, he is paying attention.

Totally agree. I am 28 and smoked it off and on for many years, but in the end I found it to be a pitiful solution to that hollow feeling inside. For me it was an escape, the joy of smoking weed wears off pretty quick IMO.

jidar
05-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Weed shouldn't be illegal, its bullshit laws like this that are really harming society more than helping imo.

But

1: Speeding with weed and a hookah in the car: dumb, real dumb. dumb as shit
2: Smoking weed on probation while being frequently tested is a level of dumb that makes me want to punch someone.

He stood around bragging to the cops about his bong... thats just icing on the cake. Hey the fact is, that kid is a dumbass.

Skip Towne
05-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Totally agree. I am 28 and smoked it off and on for many years, but in the end I found it to be a pitiful solution to that hollow feeling inside. For me it was an escape, the joy of smoking weed wears off pretty quick IMO.

I was smoking weed before you were born. I really like it.

Spott
05-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Do they serve orange juice in prison?

wild1
05-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Weed shouldn't be illegal, its bullshit laws like this that are really harming society more than helping imo.

But

1: Speeding with weed and a hookah in the car: dumb, real dumb. dumb as shit
2: Smoking weed on probation while being frequently tested is a level of dumb that makes me want to punch someone.

He stood around bragging to the cops about his bong... thats just icing on the cake. Hey the fact is, that kid is a dumbass.

yeah.. probably going to work his way into jail time sooner or later anyway, unless he wakes up somehow. a $200 ticket won't do it...

Jayhawkerman2001
05-09-2009, 12:10 AM

well if somebody is caught with open alcohol in their car, they are getting in trouble for it. if he kept it in a less conspicuous place, like AT HOME, then he would have more than likely been just fine.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 12:17 AM
yeah.. probably going to work his way into jail time sooner or later anyway, unless he wakes up somehow. a $200 ticket won't do it...

What, cause he made a stupid decision at a young age means he is probably going to jail later on in life? Thats idiotic, you never did anything at 19, but just didn't get caught? :rolleyes:

Baconeater
05-09-2009, 12:23 AM
What, cause he made a stupid decision at a young age means he is probably going to jail later on in life? Thats idiotic, you never did anything at 19, but just didn't get caught? :rolleyes:
If he was stupid enough to do it the first time, what makes you think he won't be stupid enough to do it again? And again?

Sorry, but the only way you get busted for weed is by being stupid, I smoked that shit for years, carried it around with me and kept it in my car and never once got caught, and I know many others that managed to do so as well.

Fat Elvis
05-09-2009, 12:31 AM

ROFL

That kills me every time.

Sure-Oz
05-09-2009, 12:33 AM
Slap your son in the back of the head and tell him to stop being a dumbass

badgirl
05-09-2009, 01:18 AM
If he was stupid enough to do it the first time, what makes you think he won't be stupid enough to do it again? And again?

Sorry, but the only way you get busted for weed is by being stupid, I smoked that shit for years, carried it around with me and kept it in my car and never once got caught, and I know many others that managed to do so as well.

Well I know he done some dumb stuff and it led to his getting busted, but to say his life is headed toward a jail doesn't is unfair to say. My other son at one time smoked pot and he didn't end up in jail he goes to church and is a really good boy, he didn't smoke pot for long, I think he was just trying it and it didn't last long. He also tried the bar scene when he turned 21, didn't care for it. My daughter tried all kinds of drugs when she was growing up from early as 14 I found out later, I was a single mother and had to work, so it was hard to keep an eye on them 24/7, and she was doing a LOT more than her brother, she is now married and has 2 boys and she doesn't do anything and hasn't since about a year before she got pregnant. She is a wonderful mother and is a great wife, I am proud of her. I am proud of all my kids it just that Bradley made a dumb dumb decision. From beginning to end this is all because of mere stupidity from him and I know that.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 01:19 AM
Slap your son in the back of the head and tell him to stop being a dumbass

That is definately coming his way.:D Him being 6'4" I may have to step up on the chair to do it, but he is going to get it.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 01:19 AM
ROFL

That kills me every time.

Ok, OK its You're not your.:doh!:

L.A. Chieffan
05-09-2009, 01:20 AM
Well I know he done some dumb stuff and it led to his getting busted, but to say his life is headed toward a jail doesn't is unfair to say. My other son at one time smoked pot and he didn't end up in jail he goes to church and is a really good boy, he didn't smoke pot for long, I think he was just trying it and it didn't last long. He also tried the bar scene when he turned 21, didn't care for it. My daughter tried all kinds of drugs when she was growing up from early as 14 I found out later, I was a single mother and had to work, so it was hard to keep an eye on them 24/7, and she was doing a LOT more than her brother, she is now married and has 2 boys and she doesn't do anything and hasn't since about a year before she got pregnant. She is a wonderful mother and is a great wife, I am proud of her. I am proud of all my kids it just that Bradley made a dumb dumb decision. From beginning to end this is all because of mere stupidity from him and I know that.

ur a grannma?

badgirl
05-09-2009, 01:22 AM
ur a grannma?

I am 44 years old, I have a 25 year old daughter a 24 year old son and my 19 year old son. Yes my grandsons are 4 and 2

Baconeater
05-09-2009, 01:24 AM
LOL, I thought the "badgranny" nickname was just a joke.

Mr. Kotter
05-09-2009, 01:32 AM
I am 44 years old, I have a 25 year old daughter a 24 year old son and my 19 year old son. Yes my grandsons are 4 and 2

:spock:

How many generations live in a trailer-park? Or HUD development?

FWIW, I can ask, because my family STILL lives there....except me. My brother made my parents, "grandparents," before they turned 45 (my present age, and my oldest of four is 13....we waited.)

Fruit Ninja
05-09-2009, 01:40 AM

hehe, We have all done it, Some more then others. I could name a long long list thati have done, but i am not that stupid right now. back then yes. Pot and a bong is basically nothing.

Dont let people here bother you with stuff like that. We were all young once and we have all done things we shouldnt have done. Though, you do get them straight edged people that have never done anything wrong. There are some out there, but its like 95percent to 5 percent on this board, probably higher.

He's not going to get the full time in jail. Imo, he will be out on his court date or a few days after. I had a friend who was supposed to do 6 months for meth possession when we were younger, he only did 10 days. Though, they let him out, because the jails here were full. lol

Mojo Rising
05-09-2009, 01:54 AM
I read the original post and skimmed the last 2 pages so the answer might have been discussed.

Did he have priors?

If not, then 45 days for posession of weed is ridiculous. Don't we have better things to do with our tax dollars than lock up pot heads for a month and a half?

badgirl
05-09-2009, 02:08 AM
:spock:

How many generations live in a trailer-park? Or HUD development?

FWIW, I can ask, because my family STILL lives there....except me. My brother made my parents, "grandparents," before they turned 45 (my present age, and my oldest of four is 13....we waited.)

None of them live in a trailer, although I do LOL. My son and his wife just bought them a home in Cincinatti Ohio, and my daughter and her husband are moving there this summer, they have not bought there yet, but their rent is 1000. a month for nice home where there are great schools for the kids, my son the 19 year old, lives in the house my husband has there in Ohio for over a year, although he was in KY at the time he got pulled over cause my x husbands wife stays there and they were back in KY for Xmas through new year. So I guess I am the only one who lives in a trailer although I live alone and I am not going to pay a fortune to rent something big, my place is nice and private its not in a park or anything and I have a large deck for cook outs and stuff, its fine for me.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 02:12 AM
Far as HUD goes none of them nor I have ever gotten anything from the government. Even when I was single I paid 450.00 rent and the govt. didn't donate nothing. I worked hard for everything I provided for them, which sometimes was extremely hard but we made it.

Iowanian
05-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Tell him to kick someone's ass the first day.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Well I found out today that his dad called the jail last night and was told he would be set a bond, that was about 8:30 pm when he called back at 9pm to see how much it would be he was told the judge would not set a bond and she didn't HAVE to see him Monday that she could make him stay up to the whole 45 days before she sees him.

Either way it don't sound good since she wouldn't even let him bond out.:shake:

Mile High Mania
05-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I'd prepare for the judge making an example of him here... sounds like he's in for a fun 45 days.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 09:37 AM
I'd prepare for the judge making an example of him here... sounds like he's in for a fun 45 days.

yea I am afraid that may be the case.

Iowanian
05-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Definitely more to this story then.

If he can't fight good, maybe you should send him some lube to make his stay easier.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 09:48 AM

If he can't fight good, maybe you should send him some lube to make his stay easier.

No more to the story.

He can fight good, and he's a big boy.

Thanks for the kind words they really make me feel so much better.:(

Iowanian
05-09-2009, 09:55 AM
There has to be more, no way a judge would blow off a hearing for 45 days if there weren't.

By your account, if thats all it is, I think its a pretty stiff punishment for that minor of a crime.

Did he run? Evade? resist? Priors?
There is something else.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 09:56 AM
There has to be more, no way a judge would blow off a hearing for 45 days if there weren't.

By your account, if thats all it is, I think its a pretty stiff punishment for that minor of a crime.

Did he run? Evade? resist? Priors?
There is something else.

There really is nothing else, its shocking to all of us why they are treating it this way. No he did not run, resist and he has no priors, he has NEVER been in trouble with the law before.

Iowanian
05-09-2009, 09:58 AM
In that case it sounds like he's getting a raw deal.

If he's that stout, and only in county lockup, he'll be alright.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 10:02 AM
In that case it sounds like he's getting a raw deal.

If he's that stout, and only in county lockup, he'll be alright.

I hope and I know its his own fault he's there, but as a mom its still heartbreaking for me. Of course I sit and think of things like what its like for him in there, you know food, sleep and of course the boredom that comes along with it. I worked last night and got to go back tonight and I still can't sleep, eat and I have actually got sick 3 times since yesterday.:shake:

EyePod
05-09-2009, 10:06 AM
That sucks because you're a nice person, but if he knew he was getting drug tested, why would he smoke again? Maybe it's a problem and this help him get away from it. I agree that pot shouldn't be illegal as it's not as dangerous as alcohol, but because the law is there, it should be avoided.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 10:13 AM
That sucks because you're a nice person, but if he knew he was getting drug tested, why would he smoke again? Maybe it's a problem and this help him get away from it. I agree that pot shouldn't be illegal as it's not as dangerous as alcohol, but because the law is there, it should be avoided.

I know it was the dumbest thing he has ever done, he stayed clean 5 months and failed it when he only had 3 weeks to go.

Iowanian
05-09-2009, 10:19 AM
It could be worse.....He could have been yanked from his life after 2 years away from active duty and be sitting at an Army Ft in Georgia, waiting to get shipped to a war zone in an infantry unit....for at least 400 days.

This sucks for you I'm sure, and while inconvenient, 45 days isn't the end of the world. maybe it will end up being a good lesson for your son and help him find some responsibility with his future and be a good thing in the long run.

MOhillbilly
05-09-2009, 10:19 AM
only idiots get caught holding. A friggin bong? You smoke with him?

kstater
05-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Some part of the story is being left out. I'm thinking Badgirl wasn't told the whole story, or there's a comprehension problem somewhere. He had a scheduled court appearance in 3 weeks?

crispystl420
05-09-2009, 10:32 AM

No I wouldn't I don't think anyone sshould serve any amount of time, or face any sort of persecution for smoking pot. PERIOD.

MIAdragon
05-09-2009, 10:33 AM

MOhillbilly
05-09-2009, 10:38 AM
No I wouldn't I don't think anyone sshould serve any amount of time, or face any sort of persecution for smoking pot. PERIOD.

until someone gets high and stupid and crashes into someone.

luv
05-09-2009, 10:51 AM

He did run a red light. That's what got him pulled over to begin with.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 11:08 AM
It could be worse.....He could have been yanked from his life after 2 years away from active duty and be sitting at an Army Ft in Georgia, waiting to get shipped to a war zone in an infantry unit....for at least 400 days.

This sucks for you I'm sure, and while inconvenient, 45 days isn't the end of the world. maybe it will end up being a good lesson for your son and help him find some responsibility with his future and be a good thing in the long run.

Your right about that, I agree. If it will teach him a lesson in the long run 45 days will be worth it. I think it may be harder on me than him.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 11:11 AM
He did run a red light. That's what got him pulled over to begin with.

Yes he did and I have to say doing that was the first stupid thing he did, I have to say more stupid than failing the drug test, to run a light at 3am with pot and a bong in the vehicle was stupid.

I think if they read this thread they found that much out, thanks.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 11:13 AM

How many wrecks have been caused by driving under the influence of MJ? How many by drunk drivers? Alcohol should be illegal to sell anywhere to anyone.

bringbackmarty
05-09-2009, 11:17 AM

I dunno 5 lbs is a felony with intent to distribute here in Missouri.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4547

Here's Kansas-

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4538

and Texas - just for kicks seems pretty lenient....http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4566

New York-

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4554

Scorp
05-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Alcohol should be illegal to sell anywhere to anyone.

Blasphemy!

badgirl
05-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Blasphemy!

Well why not? Drunk drivers takes many peoples lives each year, its worse than pot IMO and thats illegal.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Some part of the story is being left out. I'm thinking Badgirl wasn't told the whole story, or there's a comprehension problem somewhere. He had a scheduled court appearance in 3 weeks?

He got caught back in December.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 11:27 AM
only idiots get caught holding. A friggin bong? You smoke with him?

No I don't smoke pot at all, never have.

Scorp
05-09-2009, 11:32 AM

bringbackmarty
05-09-2009, 11:33 AM
If you don't want him to do 45 days, you need to hire competent representation that has experience in drug cases, in the area he was arrested in. Screen the lawyer through the state bar association to make sure he is in good standing and has had no reprimands or sanctions. Let the lawyer handle the conversations regarding bail and trial dates. Gather letters of support from the kid's past teachers, employers, pastor, coaches, etc., showing that his is a good person who made some poor choices, but deserves at this point what the judge will view as a third chance. If he has any medical problems, or psychiatric issues make sure his lawyer is aware of these, as they are mitigating factors when determining a sentence.

If he is driving around with a bong, I guarantee he is at least depressed, and possibly more. See if you can get him assessed by a psychiatrist or social worker for these issues and present that assessment to the judge. If it looks like he is tackling his problems head on, the judge should be less likely to expose him to a far worse set of circumstances like jail. When you can't wait to get home to get high, and don't have the presence of mind to at least try and hide your behavior a little better something is going on.

The one thing you shouldn't do is just let him get jobbed by the system, he will never get out of it now without help.

stumppy
05-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Bad idea Gloria.

You should know better than to give anyone on hear that kind of personal info. Who gives a frack what anyone on a message board thinks.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Bad, bad idea.

I have nothing to hide and if HE does than I'd like to know myself.

luv
05-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I have nothing to hide and if HE does than I'd like to know myself.

That may be the case, but pm someone you trust to see if they can help you.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Bad idea Gloria.

You should know better than to give anyone on hear that kind of personal info. Who gives a frack what anyone on a message board thinks.

I only gave his name. I had already said where he is locked up.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Wow! Why in the world you would put personal information on the internet? Uh.....good luck with that :shake:

I may have made a mistake by doing that, but it is public record. I can delete my posts if Scorp will delete his so we can get it off.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Scorp, I deleted both my posts would you mind to delete yours with his info in it. ? I'd really appreciate it.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Bad idea Gloria.

Mike would you delete this post?

Scorp
Scorp, I deleted both my posts would you mind to delete yours with his info in it. ? I'd really appreciate it.

Sure thing. I am still gonna stalk and kill you though ok?

badgirl
Wow! Why in the world you would put personal information on the internet? Uh.....good luck with that :shake:

Would you delete this post based on my stupid ass?

badgirl
05-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Bad, bad idea.

Please delete this post please.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Sure thing.

Thank you so much, I am sooo stupid I even amaze myself sometimes.:doh!:

stumppy
05-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Mike would you delete this post?

I edited that part out.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 11:54 AM

Ok long as it me and not my kid.:D

badgirl
05-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I edited that part out.

Thank you.

luv
05-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Please delete this post please.

Done.

RedNeckRaider
05-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Would you delete this post based on my stupid ass?

Done

stumppy
05-09-2009, 12:00 PM

I think thats called dating in Tennessee.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Done.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Done

Thank you very much.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 12:03 PM
I think thats called dating in Tennessee.

Its called Love my dear.:D

badgirl
05-09-2009, 12:04 PM
FWIW I gave those of you who deleted for me rep.:D

Hey its better than nothing.

Pioli Zombie
05-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Its funny as soon as I saw the thread title I said to myself

Badgirl

It might be good for him. He'll get all the orange juice he wants and he will probably meet a nice man.
Posted via Mobile Device

badgirl
05-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Its funny as soon as I saw the thread title I said to myself

Badgirl

It might be good for him. He'll get all the orange juice he wants and he will probably meet a nice man.
Posted via Mobile Device

Niiiice, very nice.:rolleyes:

I was in jail once and I didn't get any damn orange juice or a man.:mad:

And why would you think Badgirl when you saw the title of the thread?

Short Leash Hootie
05-09-2009, 12:14 PM

It's jail dude...not prison.

No rapings at county.

badgirl
05-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Damn its 1:18 here, I am going to have to try to get some sleep I gotta be back to work in 5 hours, its gonna be a long night.:(

Skip Towne
05-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Gloria, go down and read the arrest report. Then you will know the whole story, not just what you are told.

Pioli Zombie
05-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Niiiice, very nice.:rolleyes:

I was in jail once and I didn't get any damn orange juice or a man.:mad:

And why would you think Badgirl when you saw the title of the thread?
That's the funny thing. I just knew.
Posted via Mobile Device

crispystl420
05-09-2009, 02:31 PM

Oh don't get me wrong I don't mean smoking and driving. That shold be illegal. Was he high when he was pulled over, or just in possession?

Skip Towne
05-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Oh don't get me wrong I don't mean smoking and driving. That shold be illegal. Was he high when he was pulled over, or just in possession?

:shrug:

crispystl420
05-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Well why not? Drunk drivers takes many peoples lives each year, its worse than pot IMO and thats illegal.

Because you can buy alcohol , and restrain from driving. HELLO. I love to drink I got a dwi six years ago in colleg when I was young and dumb, and I haven't drink and driven since.

jAZ
05-09-2009, 03:10 PM
He isn't lacking in discipline/responsibility, he has been working for almost 4 years, he started working for his dads company right after he turned 16, hes just a 19 year old boy and yea he shouldn't be smoking pot, but he doesn't do any other kind of drug (if you call pot a drug) and he doesn't drink. He is a good boy who ended up getting caught doing something stupid.
Your son is going to jail and your instinct is to defend him against people criticizing him online. I can understand that instinct as a parent. But I don't think you are doing him any favors with your approach.

I don't know you but it's awful hard to keep from thinking your approach is some how a part of the problem.

Maybe that's unfair. But maybe it's worth looking into.

Pioli Zombie
05-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Yeah if a guy is on probation and still has pot and a bong its his own stupidity. And no, not everybody does it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Boyceofsummer
05-09-2009, 03:33 PM
If you don't want him to do 45 days, you need to hire competent representation that has experience in drug cases, in the area he was arrested in. Screen the lawyer through the state bar association to make sure he is in good standing and has had no reprimands or sanctions. Let the lawyer handle the conversations regarding bail and trial dates. Gather letters of support from the kid's past teachers, employers, pastor, coaches, etc., showing that his is a good person who made some poor choices, but deserves at this point what the judge will view as a third chance. If he has any medical problems, or psychiatric issues make sure his lawyer is aware of these, as they are mitigating factors when determining a sentence.

If he is driving around with a bong, I guarantee he is at least depressed, and possibly more. See if you can get him assessed by a psychiatrist or social worker for these issues and present that assessment to the judge. If it looks like he is tackling his problems head on, the judge should be less likely to expose him to a far worse set of circumstances like jail. When you can't wait to get home to get high, and don't have the presence of mind to at least try and hide your behavior a little better something is going on.

The one thing you shouldn't do is just let him get jobbed by the system, he will never get out of it now without help.

Oh please! I knew many people with a personality to have a bong while in a car. TRUST ME! THEY WERE NOT DEPRESSED!

People with no inkling of 'flying under the radar' will most likely fail. At everything.

Baconeater
05-09-2009, 11:35 PM
This is great song to listen to when you're baked.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vxVlN-LzIks&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vxVlN-LzIks&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

aturnis
05-09-2009, 11:40 PM
So....is his stash for sale?

bringbackmarty
05-10-2009, 01:48 AM
Oh please! I knew many people with a personality to have a bong while in a car. TRUST ME! THEY WERE NOT DEPRESSED!

People with no inkling of 'flying under the radar' will most likely fail. At everything.

Sure, when they are high they aren't depressed. Bong in car=smoking all the time=drug addiction=depressed.

It's called self medication. Do you think my advice was bad? what the fuck is your point?

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2009, 01:56 AM
Pot smokers = future millionaires.

EVERYONE KNOWS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!