PDA

View Full Version : Football Any CP members in Columbia want to play football?

Huffman83
05-09-2009, 01:50 PM
I see all of the threads for people in KC getting together for flag football. And I'm green w/ envy. Anyone in the Columbia/Jeff City area interested in getting a game together next week?

bowener
05-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Seriously, I would love to, but there is no ****ing way. I need to do something to keep from breaking this (library) computer and killing people. I have 3 papers due by 5pm tomorrow.

I got one entirely done, another is about 90-95% done, and the third is 0% done. I am not panicked, and I did not procrastinate too much really. I have had 2 weeks to do all three, but all three are upper level senior courses (4200/4450/4950-highest possible) so I picked the one that would be the hardest and did it first, phil of bio, which is the 95% done one... its about 2500 words.
My 4950 paper (over action theory) got turned in 2 nights ago at 2000 words, and now I am sitting here trying to do my metaphysics paper and I am stuck at 0 words because I cannot figure out which topic I want to do, so I am rereading the papers... long and boring. ****!

I graduate in a week, no matter how I do on this paper, so it is increasingly hard for me to care about it!

Sorry for the rant, just need to vent some. Another day perhaps? My roommate would play too if you gave us a bit of a heads up sometime. Is thic tackel or 2-hand or what?

Huffman83
05-09-2009, 02:02 PM
I figure flag football would eventually happen. But the ghey old 2 hand touch should be sufficient for starters.

The "rules." of said game could be figured out later. Just getting other people involved is the main goal I guess!

Who knows....maybe we get to where we go out and play some of the other CP members in other towns. Take it on the road!

If not next weekend it would still be great to be able to play when anyone can.

Good luck on the book learning!

bowener
05-09-2009, 02:09 PM
I figure flag football would eventually happen. But the ghey old 2 hand touch should be sufficient for starters.

The "rules." of said game could be figured out later. Just getting other people involved is the main goal I guess!

Who knows....maybe we get to where we go out and play some of the other CP members in other towns. Take it on the road!

If not next weekend it would still be great to be able to play when anyone can.

Good luck on the book learning!

That does sound kind of fun, playing as a Columbia team, against the team from X.... Not sure how old you are, name has 83 in it, so possibly born in '83? I am 24, born in 84, so if you are 25, we may have a step or two on some of the other well-aged planeteers... not saying I am in great shape by any means, but I am still the same size and weight I was at 18....

Huffman83
05-09-2009, 02:20 PM
heh yeah we're young but I haven't played in years. Spread the word to friends. I'm sure there are guys I work w/ that would be interested. 4-4 or 5-5 doesn't matter.

bowener
05-09-2009, 02:47 PM
heh yeah we're young but I haven't played in years. Spread the word to friends. I'm sure there are guys I work w/ that would be interested. 4-4 or 5-5 doesn't matter.

Alright, I'm around all summer, so we should have plenty of time to find people. If we get just 4 of us together we could always go on campus to stankowski field and convince other guys to play as well... usually a handful of people are always standing around out there.

You're not a prick are you? No offense, I would just rather know before I play football with you if you are going to be one of those no nonsense, take all the fun out of the fun game, kind of guys.... if you wondered, that isnt me, I just want to have fun.

crispystl420
05-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Alright, I'm around all summer, so we should have plenty of time to find people. If we get just 4 of us together we could always go on campus to stankowski field and convince other guys to play as well... usually a handful of people are always standing around out there.

You're not a prick are you? No offense, I would just rather know before I play football with you if you are going to be one of those no nonsense, take all the fun out of the fun game, kind of guys.... if you wondered, that isnt me, I just want to have fun.

Darn, I would have been totally down with this a coupleof months ago, but I moved to Charlotte. I might know a couple guys that would wanna play though. I can ask if you guys want.

Huffman83
05-09-2009, 03:07 PM

Pshhh I post on CP of course I'm a prick!!!! Nah I'm doing this for the shits and grins of it. Like I said about the other guys in KC getting games together. I'm jealous...it sounds like fun! But I can see where one would have to be careful and not have guys that take it way too seriously.

Hit me up when you can get people to play. I've already started asking around.

Some may be cops....so be warned. I don't think we'll have a piss test though. :D

And hells to the yeah Crispy. Just look up my email address and send them my way.

Huffman83
05-09-2009, 03:14 PM
You're right.....I forgot about Stankowski field. We'd have astro turf...schweet!

bowener
05-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Pshhh I post on CP of course I'm a prick!!!! Nah I'm doing this for the shits and grins of it. Like I said about the other guys in KC getting games together. I'm jealous...it sounds like fun! But I can see where one would have to be careful and not have guys that take it way too seriously.

Hit me up when you can get people to play. I've already started asking around.

Some may be cops....so be warned. I don't think we'll have a piss test though. :D

And hells to the yeah Crispy. Just look up my email address and send them my way.

Im not worried about cops, unless, again, they are pricks... Im mostly over doing anything illegal (drug related) in my life, costs too much and wears me out... sad to say, but I probably cant say the same for some of my friends. I live next door to a sheriff's deputy. I dont know him real well, seems like a nice guy though... I must say I do like having that squad car sitting out front of our apartment building, doubt I need to worry about theft much.

As for playing, I think if we do this thing it needs to be done in late afternoons, around 7ish or so. We dont have to worry about it getting dark on us out at Stankowski field because the lights are automatic... pretty sweet having some (friday) night lights again.

Im down for doing this on a pretty regular basis if we can get it going. I want to exercise a lot more this summer, and this seems like a fun way to go.

bowener
05-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Also, I am just now at 5 pages and 1,541 words in just at exactly 4 hours... Cant say that I like that pace, but I cant say that I hate it either... had hoped to be further along in the paper by now (not caring so much about the word count).

bowener
05-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Here is a brief section of my paper:

Humphrey's counterpart, Lewis believes, founds modal truths about the Humphrey we know, to use Lewis’s words, our wordlmate. That is to say that the truth of our Humphrey losing the election grounds the truth for the counterpart of Humphrey to possibly win the election in his world, this is reciprocally true as well.<!--[if !supportFootnotes]--> (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5752818&posted=1#_ftn1) From that, we can say that the Humphrey we know might have won the election since his counterpart may have won the election.

I still need to finish this fucker and go back through it to revise and clarify.

Jayhawkerman2001
05-09-2009, 06:31 PM
I see all of the threads for people in KC getting together for flag football. And I'm green w/ envy. Anyone in the Columbia/Jeff City area interested in getting a game together next week?

you caught me at the wrong time. the wife and i are finally moving back to KC next week or else id definitely play. been dying to play since moving away from my childhood home, where there were a ton of kids my age that played football all the time

Dave Lane
05-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Just come to KC problem solved :)

Huffman83
05-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Just come to KC problem solved :)

Give us time. I think it would be cool to have teams play against each other.