PDA

View Full Version : Misc worlds of fun help...PLEASE AND THANK YOU

jeffery
05-10-2009, 04:24 PM
The wife and I are heading to kc tomorrow to chill @ WOF. We want to know just 2 thing...

1...is WOF fun?

2...is it cheaper to pay for parking online...I know the online price $10...I don't know about @ the park.

Thanks for the help guys and gals.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
05-10-2009, 04:26 PM
I don't know about parking, but you'll have a good time at Worlds of Fun if you haven't been ever or for a long time. There's quality rides there, and the theme of the park is pretty cool. Oceans of Fun is pretty rad, too.

Jenson71
05-10-2009, 04:28 PM
The roller coasters are fun and so is the space shot thing. So is the Monsoon when you're standing on the bridge.

It's been a while since I've been there. But it was always fun. Especially when you go with someone you like.

kstater
05-10-2009, 04:36 PM
It sucks, that's why it exists.

Deberg_1990
05-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Paging Jiveturkey.......

Hes our resident Wof Expert here.

Stanley Nickels
05-10-2009, 04:37 PM
1. It fun
2. It cost moar @ gate.

U haev fun!1

Scorp
05-10-2009, 04:38 PM
It isn't just fun......it's WORLDS OF FUN!

Scorp
05-10-2009, 04:38 PM
1. It fun
2. It cost moar @ gate.

U haev fun!1

Are you related to KCNut?

Guru
05-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Worlds of Fun is only open weekends right now.

Reaper16
05-10-2009, 04:40 PM
1. It fun
2. It cost moar @ gate.

U haev fun!1
I'm sorry to hear about your stroke. Is there anything I can do for you?

KCChiefsMan
05-10-2009, 04:40 PM
you'll love the Mamba!

FAX
05-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Is it just me, or is the answer to number 1 kind of obvious? I mean, why would they call it Worlds of Fun if it wasn't fun? They'd call it Worlds of Depression, or Worlds of Sad Tears, or Worlds of Degrading Humiliation And Morose Suicidal Thoughts, or something, wouldn't they?

FAX

Stanley Nickels
05-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your stroke. Is there anything I can do for you?

Must've missed the sarcastic grammar in the post. The OP is so horribly written, I couldn't respond with a serious answer.

Reaper16
05-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Is it just me, or is the answer to number 1 kind of obvious? I mean, why would they call it Worlds of Fun if it wasn't fun? They'd call it Worlds of Depression, or Worlds of Sad Tears, or Worlds of Degrading Humiliation And Morose Suicidal Thoughts, or something, wouldn't they?

FAX
Well, they did call Herm Edwards a "head football coach." Problematic naming is all a part of the marketing game.

Reaper16
05-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Must've missed the sarcastic grammar in the post. The OP is so horribly written, I couldn't respond with a serious answer.
I didn't miss it. I just wanted to make that joke.

Skip Towne
05-10-2009, 04:59 PM
It sucks, that's why it exists.

I wonder who owns that POS?

Guru
05-10-2009, 05:14 PM
I wonder who owns that POS?The same company that owns Cedar Point and King's Island in Ohio.

Halfcan
05-10-2009, 05:28 PM
It isn't just fun......it's WORLDS OF FUN!

ROFL

jeffery
05-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Well I guess question 1 was more meant to say is it worth $40 and yes they are open tomorrow accoring to their website.
Posted via Mobile Device

Farzin
05-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Well, they did call Herm Edwards a "head football coach." Problematic naming is all a part of the marketing game.

ROFL repped

Guru
05-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Well I guess question 1 was more meant to say is it worth $40 and yes they are open tomorrow accoring to their website.
Posted via Mobile Device$40? Damn. Check around for discounts. That is too much.

The commercial that aired this afternoon stated "open weekends". If you have confirmed they are open then great. I was just trying to pass the info I had on to you though.

chiefqueen
05-10-2009, 06:41 PM
$40? Damn. Check around for discounts. That is too much.

The commercial that aired this afternoon stated "open weekends". If you have confirmed they are open then great. I was just trying to pass the info I had on to you though.

They rely mainly on HS/College kids for staff and only UMKC and probably a couple if smaller colleges have concluded their semesters at this point. They usually open daily Memorial Day weekend. However, if you were planning to go in Aug. they usually go back to weekends only in mid-Aug. b/c most of their "staff" goes back to school then.

penguinz
05-10-2009, 07:06 PM
1. It fun
2. It cost moar @ gate.

U haev fun!1It is only 10 at the gate also.

Al Bundy
06-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Not going to start another thread but has anyone been yet this year?

kstater
06-19-2011, 08:00 AM

I drove past it in January.

Demonpenz
06-19-2011, 08:36 AM
lots of my friends on facebook have been taking their kids to camp snoopy, and my friends are from st joe, so they are poor.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-19-2011, 08:40 AM
I drove past it in January.
Did it look fun?

Guru
06-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Meh. After going to Cedar Point and King's Island a couple years ago we have had zero desire to ever go to WOF again.

Ace Gunner
06-19-2011, 08:42 AM
Worlds of Fun is only open weekends right now.

kinda important post..

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-19-2011, 08:51 AM
kinda important post..
Not in the middle of June it isn't.

BigCatDaddy
06-19-2011, 08:57 AM

Yes.

Predarat
06-19-2011, 08:58 AM
WOF is decent, they need a new log ride. The new Wooden Rollercoaster, TheProwler is really nice. The Mamba is awesome, its now my favorite ride there but can never replace the Orient Express. The Patriot is good too.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-19-2011, 09:06 AM
This poster should be renamed joffrey, so we can neg him to oblivion.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-19-2011, 09:06 AM
WOF is decent, they need a new log ride. The new Wooden Rollercoaster, TheProwler is really nice. The Mamba is awesome, its now my favorite ride there but can never replace the Orient Express. The Patriot is good too.
Yeah I'm still bummed about the OE, they should've just rebuilt it instead of putting in that stupid fucking spinning thing.

Guru
06-19-2011, 09:07 AM
Not in the middle of June it isn't.

Go back and look at the date on that post.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-19-2011, 09:07 AM
Go back and look at the date on that post.
That was my point, at the time it was important, but it's not now.

Guru
06-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Just making sure. heh

Happy father's day by the way.

Predarat
06-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Yeah I'm still bummed about the OE, they should've just rebuilt it instead of putting in that stupid ****ing spinning thing.

I totally 110% agree, that is a horrible lame ride, no thrill or action, all it does is make you dizzy. They could have left it up, and if it only worked half the time so be it. With the Mamba and Patriot the day would not be totally ruined. The OE is one of my favorite coasters ever and its horrible those bastards took it down.

Trevo_410
06-19-2011, 09:56 AM
after working at WoF for a summer, i can proudly say i am never going back ever again as an employee or a guest. what a rip off lol....

pr_capone
06-19-2011, 10:04 AM
It's been a while since I've been there. But it was always fun. Especially when you go with someone you like.

That is where I keep messing up. I always end up going with my greatest enemies and wind up having no fun at all.

Guru
06-19-2011, 10:55 AM
I totally 110% agree, that is a horrible lame ride, no thrill or action, all it does is make you dizzy. They could have left it up, and if it only worked half the time so be it. With the Mamba and Patriot the day would not be totally ruined. The OE is one of my favorite coasters ever and its horrible those bastards took it down.

I loved the OE but got to where it was too uncomfortable to ride because I got just tall enough that I was pinned in and always came out with my neck hurting. They really needed to redesign the carts more than anything.

KurtCobain
06-19-2011, 01:46 PM
If you live in the area you need to buy the gold pass. It costs about 60 bucks to go to WOF/OOF buying the ride in slide pass for just one day. If you buy the gold you can go any time you want to both parks every day for only 110 dollars. I bought it in January and it was only 80.

The Prowler is a bad ass new ride. Fucking epic.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-19-2011, 01:47 PM
I loved the OE but got to where it was too uncomfortable to ride because I got just tall enough that I was pinned in and always came out with my neck hurting. They really needed to redesign the carts more than anything.
Same here, it wasn't comfortable for tall people. But it was still a kickass coaster and that problem could have easily been corrected.

Raiderhater58
06-19-2011, 02:13 PM
If you live in the area you need to buy the gold pass. It costs about 60 bucks to go to WOF/OOF buying the ride in slide pass for just one day. If you buy the gold you can go any time you want to both parks every day for only 110 dollars. I bought it in January and it was only 80.

The Prowler is a bad ass new ride. Fucking epic.

and the parking is free :)

KurtCobain
06-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Yeah and that.

So if we do get together up there Bug, I can get us in the parking free!

Fat Elvis
06-19-2011, 02:22 PM
And park over in the Oceans of Fun parking lot. You can still get into WoF from there and the walk is really short (the OoF parking lot is always empty as far as I can tell); also the entrance to WoF from the OoF parking lot puts you in the park right by the Mamba.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Yeah and that.

So if we do get together up there Bug, I can get us in the parking free!
Oh, we're going to do this. I have two more side projects to finish up, and I'm not doing any more the entire month of July. I'm tired of making money.

bevischief
06-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Oh, we're going to do this. I have two more side projects to finish up, and I'm not doing any more the entire month of July. I'm tired of making money.

CP day at worlds of fun!

Demonpenz
06-19-2011, 06:54 PM
MoHillbilly wearing a fanny pack taking pictures of bugeater eating a funnel cake

Guru
06-19-2011, 06:55 PM
MoHillbilly wearing a fanny pack taking pictures of bugeater eating a funnel cake

while laying down on the ground looking up at Mamba.

rocknrolla
06-19-2011, 06:59 PM

They got rid of the orient express? I remember sweating in line for days for that when I was a kid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
06-19-2011, 06:59 PM
fd

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-19-2011, 07:02 PM
They got rid of the orient express? I remember sweating in line for days for that when I was a kid.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, like 8 years ago.

Guru
06-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Yeah, like 8 years ago.

I was in the park for 2 of its accidents. I was on my way to ride it the night of the last accident that got it shut down forever.

Demonpenz
06-19-2011, 07:06 PM

Guru
06-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Ain't that the truth. Timberwolf knocks the shit out of you.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-19-2011, 07:10 PM
I was in the park for 2 of its accidents. I was on my way to ride it the night of the last accident that got it shut down forever.
How many accidents did it have? I remember hearing something about people getting stuck on it for a while but that's it.

Demonpenz

Bacon Cheeseburger
Ain't that the truth. Timberwolf knocks the shit out of you.
Yes. Can't say I'm a fan of it.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-19-2011, 07:11 PM
LMAO

Guru
06-19-2011, 07:15 PM
How many accidents did it have? I remember hearing something about people getting stuck on it for a while but that's it.

Pretty sure it had three accidents.

Demonpenz
06-19-2011, 07:19 PM
fff

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Pretty sure it had three accidents.
This is the only one I can find recorded on the internet.

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/archives/1999/stories/112299_02.shtml

November 22, 1999
Metal Fracture Caused Orient Express Accident

Kansas City, MO -- Worlds of Fun officials released a statement on the cause of the train derailment on the Orient Express roller coaster in July. According to the park the accident was a result of an unusual fracture inside one of the metal supports.
According to the statement the fracture was a result of metal fatigue caused by wear and tear from the track. The park doubts that the fracture could have been detected because of the origin inside the support.
The accident left two of the train's seven cars dangling over the side of the track approximately 30-feet above the ground. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured.
The Orient Express has been closed since the derailment, but after the investigation experts believe that this was just a freak accident. Park officials confirmed that the Orient Express will reopen next season.
The Orient Express opened in 1980 at Worlds of Fun. The coaster is 117 feet tall and features four inversions as trains travel along 3,470-feet of track. Arrow Dynamics of Utah designed the ride.

The Timber Wolf had a couple of incidents, are you sure you're not thinking of those?

Guru
06-19-2011, 07:44 PM
This is the only one I can find recorded on the internet.

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/archives/1999/stories/112299_02.shtml

The Timber Wolf had a couple of incidents, are you sure you're not thinking of those?

that was actually the time I was on my way to ride it. I hadn't been back until a couple years after spinning dragons went in. I thought they shut it down after that one. Guess not.

There was another accident that caused some people some whiplash prior to that accident though. I can't find it either but I remember it. It may have just been considered a minor thing at the time.

CoMoChief
06-19-2011, 08:04 PM
I remember I went on the Orient once when they couldn't get the brakes to work when coming into the hub station (where people load/reload) and ended up riding the damn thing like 6 times through lol.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-19-2011, 08:11 PM
that was actually the time I was on my way to ride it. I hadn't been back until a couple years after spinning dragons went in. I thought they shut it down after that one. Guess not.

There was another accident that caused some people some whiplash prior to that accident though. I can't find it either but I remember it. It may have just been considered a minor thing at the time.
You have to be thinking of the TW, it had an incident where one train came into the station and hit the other train that was still parked there.

rocknrolla
06-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Yeah, like 8 years ago.

Its been like 25 years since I've been there. f*** I'm old

Fish
06-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Might save you a few dollars....

http://tickets.worldsoffun.com/shop/shopping_corporate_partners.cfm

Password: Sally

Dayze
06-20-2011, 08:26 AM
My wife and I went about 2 years ago; we were about a month away from moving out of our house, and decided we needed a break/fun day. I was a little reluctant as I had been several years earlier and was 'meh' about it. But I was surprised

The Prowler was a blast. When searching for a single word descriptor, my wife said "it's just......'wicked'". I think we rode that thing about 6 consecutive times; then before we left the park for the day, we hiked all the way back to it and rode it another 3 or 4 times. Awesome ride

durtyrute
06-20-2011, 12:43 PM

FAX

LMAO

MOhillbilly
06-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Bought a rubber snake at wof in the early 80s. Threw it on my parents comin down 13 hwy. Man they freaked.

Trevo_410
06-20-2011, 02:23 PM
WoF is alot cheaper on weekend nights,,, starting usually at 4:00. Keep in mind though, there is alot of people there and you may be stuck waiting in line up to an hour for each ride. If you plan on going there twice a year; just get the gold pass. It comes with free parking, discounted things ( grand prix/rock climb), and most importantly free and fast entrances through the ticket gates for oof and wof. gold pass is alot safer as well because say if you get a day pass and it rains, all the rides close down for more than an hour afterwards and you'll be stuck smelling cinnamon rolls inside the cinnabon the rest of the day. there is no refunds or rainchecks so you'll be SoL. Ive seen it where a family from nebraska came down here, bought a day pass and less then 15 minutes later it started storming. Rides closed, they wanted out, i couldn't do anything if i wanted to. The only exception to getting a refund is maybe if you get seriously hurt or pass out. They paid i believe around $180 that day for nothing.

just warning everybody.