PDA

View Full Version : Royals Petro's Meltdown

Raised On Riots
05-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Happening LIVE! NOW!

What a douche.:rolleyes:

"I gotta' take a break"

"I want to move"!(don't do us any favors)

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Is he pissed that TPJ isn't in the starting rotation yet?

Demonpenz
05-12-2009, 10:27 AM
call up and get around the screener then tell him how Mike Sweeney's the reason why the royals have sucked for 10 years, now that he is gone we are good again

Raised On Riots
05-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Is he pissed that TPJ isn't in the starting rotation yet?

Nah, it has something do with Hillman making a bad call late in the game last night, that Petro believes cost KC the game.
All the callers are defending the move, and Petro just went ballistic.

He loves baseball more than football, and it shows. He's getting his "Baseball Hamas"-on, big time.

alpha_omega
05-12-2009, 10:28 AM
More information please.

MOhillbilly
05-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Happening LIVE! NOW!

What a douche.:rolleyes:

"I gotta' take a break"

"I want to move"!(don't do us any favors)

Medias like the weather only its man made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPVhZjKw-O4

Sure-Oz
05-12-2009, 10:35 AM
We didn't play last night, im trying to think of what move he'd question really...

Jamie Wright fucked it all up sunday

BigCatDaddy
05-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Nah, it has something do with Hillman making a bad call late in the game last night, that Petro believes cost KC the game.

He loves baseball more than football, and it shows. He's getting his "Baseball Hamas"-on, big time.

Petro's right. Stupid move taking Guillen and Butler out of a tie game in the 7th. Hillman has cost this team 2-3 games this year in stupid moves, although they went on to win the game in question.

ChiefMojo
05-12-2009, 10:46 AM
The bases were loaded and there was ZERO outs. It was a gamble by Hillman, but not a stupid one. All we needed was one or two more runs to shut the door. We sacrificed the big bats for speed/defense.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-12-2009, 10:49 AM

Well I love baseball more than football too and defending Hillman is a hangin offense.

Demonpenz
05-12-2009, 10:49 AM
The bases were loaded and there was ZERO outs. It was a gamble by Hillman, but not a stupid one. All we needed was one or two more runs to shut the door. We sacrificed the big bats for speed/defense.

it didn't work that inning but worked later on, if you are going to count the games hillman lost, you can count that one as stealing one.

htismaqe
05-12-2009, 10:51 AM
I actually agree with him, but the way he's acting is punk-bitch hilarious.

He's been around KK too long.

htismaqe
05-12-2009, 10:52 AM

In a 1-1 game, you only need one or two more runs. Counting on a couple of runs to "shut the door" on a 7-7 game is dumb. Leave the bats in there.

Raised On Riots
05-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Well I love baseball more than football too and defending Hillman is a hangin offense.

Don't misunderstand, I'm neither "yay" nor "nay" on the whole thing; I'm just enjoying Petro's Epic Douchedown 2009.
LMAO

wild1
05-12-2009, 11:08 AM
this guy was great on 980, what happened?

htismaqe
05-12-2009, 11:11 AM

He turned into Keitzman II.

Raised On Riots
05-12-2009, 11:13 AM

He was great prior to his first departure from radio and subsequent part-time collection of a check from Arrowhead.

When he came back to 980; it was over.

DeepSouth
05-12-2009, 11:13 AM
I find it hilarious that the Royals have sucked for ever, here we are in May, the Royals have a record above 500, they're tied for first place, and people want to complain about the coach.

Maybe Buddy Bell, Tony Muser, or Tony Pena would have a better record ?

Hillman has them playing sound baseball. For the most part, they do the basics right.

DeezNutz
05-12-2009, 11:16 AM
I find it hilarious that the Royals have sucked for ever, here we are in May, the Royals have a record above 500, they're tied for first place, and people want to complain about the coach.

Maybe Buddy Bell, Tony Muser, or Tony Pena would have a better record ?

Hillman has them playing sound baseball. For the most part, they do the basics right.

What's the point in analyzing a turd?

For years, the Royals haven't even been a ML franchise. This is the type of discussion happening in all "real" ML cities.

the Talking Can
05-12-2009, 11:16 AM
petro thinks he is important and should be somewhere deserving of his important-ness...he has contempt for everyone in poor old one horse KC....

i can't listen to him for more than 3 minutes, all he does is cry and treat people like shit...

T-post Tom
05-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Petro has the best sports show in KC. From my perspective, he's more knowledgeable about baseball and football than most (if not all) the posters on this board, myself included.

Personally, I appreciate his passion for the Royals. He wants this team to win. And let's be honest, we've all been through decades of disappointment with the Royals' ownership and management. And now after all these years (and a gazillion $$ taxpayer funded stadium overhaul), we finally have a team actually capable of winning the division. "Hooray" ... right? Well maybe not. Not with the "Hillman factor" at play. The guy consistently makes poor game time decisions. He does NOT know how to manage a bullpen. Anyone that says that he wasn't out-managed in Anaheim doesn't know much about baseball. Petro is spot on. AND you’re listening, so he’s doing that part of his job as well.

Petro isn’t always right, but I’d have to agree with him on this one. [That said, if he really uttered "I want to move," then that's a bit much. Albeit, quite tame to other things I've heard on KC sports radio.]

DeezNutz
05-12-2009, 11:26 AM
As a manager, Hillman is a clown, and I don't even see this as an arguable point.

htismaqe
05-12-2009, 11:27 AM
petro thinks he is important and should be somewhere deserving of his important-ness...he has contempt for everyone in poor old one horse KC....

i can't listen to him for more than 3 minutes, all he does is cry and treat people like shit...

He wasn't like that at first. Now about all he does is talk shit about the callers.

Raised On Riots
05-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Petro has the best sports show in KC. From my perspective, he's more knowledgeable about baseball than most (if not all) the posters on this board, myself included.

FYP.

Petro isnít always right, but Iíd have to agree with him on this one. [That said, if he really uttered "I want to move," then that's a bit much. Albeit, quite tame to other things I've heard on KC sports radio.]

Yes, I'm listening. But when the other choice is 610??? At least with 980, I get some salt and hot-sauce for my shit-sandwich.:D

the Talking Can
05-12-2009, 11:33 AM
He wasn't like that at first. Now about all he does is talk shit about the callers.

maybe so, but now he just flips out if a caller disagrees with him...like a little girl crying about having to leave the pool or something....i can't believe management hasn't told him to cool it...

CoMoChief
As a manager, Hillman is a clown, and I don't even see this as an arguable point.

I agree, though he's been better than the clowns we've had in the past. I actually liked Tony Pena, but he had shit and more shit to work with.

Basically we're comparing shit with more corn-filled shit here.

This is the hardest job in sports.

The ownership is terrible. Its getting better as far as paying players to come in, but come on, we're not even on the same level as teams like NY, BOS, STL,CHI, LAA, ATL, PHI and other teams that consistantly make the postseason. We're not even at FLA, MIN, OAK, MIL, level and they're small market teams. I feel horribly bad for MIN fans, they now have to feel like shit losing Santana, Hunter and other gems.

You got to pay to play, or at least scout well. Eventually you have to pay to keep players, as we've all seen, we don't do that.

I know this has been said many times, but can you imagine what we would be with Damon, Dye, Beltran, Ibanez. With this teams starting pitching we'd be waaaay far out in front of the rest of the division. Of course prob wouldnt have gotten Gordon had this happened or Buck (who cares) or Teahen (oh no!!!) , but so what, out of Zimmerman, Longoria, and Gordon, Gordon clearly is the worst by far. Not even close.

htismaqe
Yes, I'm listening. But when the other choice is 610??? At least with 980, I get some salt and hot-sauce for my shit-sandwich.:D

610 doesn't come in up here anymore, they must have done something to their signal. I get to choose between Petro and Jim FUCKING Rome, so I've started listening to MP3's instead of the radio.

DeezNutz
810, not 980.

htismaqe
05-12-2009, 11:34 AM
maybe so, but now he just flips out if a caller disagrees with him...like a little girl crying about having to leave the pool or something....i can't believe management hasn't told him to cool it...

Look who "management" actually is.

Raised On Riots
05-12-2009, 11:39 AM
810, not 980.

You are correct sir!:doh!::D

the Talking Can
05-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Look who "management" actually is.

heh...yeah, i wasn't thinking...

Raised On Riots
05-12-2009, 11:41 AM
610 doesn't come in up here anymore, they must have done something to their signal. I get to choose between Petro and Jim FUCKING Rome, so I've started listening to MP3's instead of the radio.

I hate his delivery. Mr. "start-stop":

"Yeah"..................................."the clones".......................yeah...........etc.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Don't misunderstand, I'm neither "yay" nor "nay" on the whole thing; I'm just enjoying Petro's Epic Douchedown 2009.
LMAO

Wish I could hear it

Nixhex
05-12-2009, 11:45 AM

The guy that caused him to blow up was a fucking moron. He should have talked shit on him. I guess he could have just said I disagree and been done with it. I personally like the fire and passion he has.

T-post Tom
05-12-2009, 11:47 AM
FYP.

To each his own. I really enjoy most of Petro's show. The "Two Minute Drill" is great radio (especially during football season). He was the first to do it as far as I know. The concept has been widely copied, even in other formats. I like his "sidekick", Curtis too. Funny guy and a good mimic. The only parts I don't enjoy are the racing segments; golf segments; and the worst: Friday's "Stump the Chumps" segment. (Someone must like it because they're still doing it.) I agree with you on 610. Having "Rome" in that timeslot makes 610 a non-choice for me. As for 980, it curdles my blood and I find it totally unlistenable.

Raised On Riots
05-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Wish I could hear it

It's pretty much over now. He had to get up from his Radio Throne of Shit and go take a break.

Raised On Riots
05-12-2009, 11:48 AM
To each his own. I really enjoy most of Petro's show. The "Two Minute Drill" is great radio (especially during football season). He was the first to do it as far as I know. The concept has been widely copied, even in other formats. I like his "sidekick", Curtis too. Funny guy and a good mimic. The only parts I don't enjoy are the racing segments; golf segments; and the worst: Friday's "Stump the Chumps" segment. (Someone must like it because they're still doing it.) I agree with you on 610. Having "Rome" in that timeslot makes 610 a non-choice for me. As for 980, it curdles my blood and I find it totally unlistenable.

I meant 810.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-12-2009, 11:49 AM
corn.

Mmmmm........ corn...

Demonpenz
05-12-2009, 11:49 AM
There was a thread like this 2 years ago. when he called the callers god damn morons because mike sweeney wasn't the problem. I don't mind the Shows, because that is just what it is A SHOW

htismaqe
05-12-2009, 11:51 AM
The guy that caused him to blow up was a ****ing moron. He should have talked shit on him. I guess he could have just said I disagree and been done with it. I personally like the fire and passion he has.

80% of the callers I hear on 810 are morons. You'd think he'd be used to it and know how to deal with it.

Gdaddy
05-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Here's what we need. Fire Hillman, wait for the Yankees to fire Girardi.
Hire Girardi. He was made to coach younger teams ( See Florida Marlins)....He would be perfect for us with our mold. We have a large group of young talent that will be ready in 2 years, drop Hillman and his ridiculous "in game tactics" and bring in Girardi. He wasnt made for the Yankees, only a few "babysitter" type coachs like Larussa, Torre, Leyland, etc are made for the Tankees.

Hillman is making too many costly errors with a team that is on the verge of doing something great this season. I totally agree he has made at least 3 costly decisions that cost us the game. He misuses pitchers, makes ridiculous subs and isnt grasping the talent of this team.

There I vented.....I am sure I will hear it about Girardi but I live in Jersey and hear this guy talk, he loves the game, is very tactical and is coaching a team that just needs its egos massaged. You may recall when he used to call Yankees vs Royals games he ALWAYS had something nice to say about our team and knew about our young talent.

He's our guy..

Please do not say Frank White either. We dont need any of our "home town hero's" as our HC, he will only get fired and it will hurt his image.....That is why George Brett has never really been in the mix to be coach...

Demonpenz
05-12-2009, 11:54 AM
I think stump the chumps is on because those guys on radio work long hours, and they need a day not to research, and everyone in the corporate world is gearing up for the weekend, so less people listen. I don't really mind stump the chumps, just a break from th norm

SPATCH
05-12-2009, 11:55 AM
I agree, though he's been better than the clowns we've had in the past. I actually liked Tony Pena, but he had shit and more shit to work with.

Basically we're comparing shit with more corn-filled shit here.

This is the hardest job in sports.

The ownership is terrible. Its getting better as far as paying players to come in, but come on, we're not even on the same level as teams like NY, BOS, STL,CHI, LAA, ATL, PHI and other teams that consistantly make the postseason. We're not even at FLA, MIN, OAK, MIL, level and they're small market teams. I feel horribly bad for MIN fans, they now have to feel like shit losing Santana, Hunter and other gems.

You got to pay to play, or at least scout well. Eventually you have to pay to keep players, as we've all seen, we don't do that.

I know this has been said many times, but can you imagine what we would be with Damon, Dye, Beltran, Ibanez. With this teams starting pitching we'd be waaaay far out in front of the rest of the division. Of course prob wouldnt have gotten Gordon had this happened or Buck (who cares) or Teahen (oh no!!!) , but so what, out of Zimmerman, Longoria, and Gordon, Gordon clearly is the worst by far. Not even close.

this might have been true 2 or 3 years ago.... Dayton changed that literally upon arrival

ownership is starting to pour some money into this thing for the first time in ages... we spent more money than ANY other team in last year's draft...

fuck damon, fuck beltran, fuck dye, and fuck ibanez.... we're moving on... it's already begun...

T-post Tom
I meant 810.

I see that now. I'm working from home and my coworkers keep interrupting me with IMs and phone calls. Maybe I should tell them to quit interrupting me with work stuff so I can keep up with all the posts on CP. These people have no sense of what really matters... :D

Anyong Bluth
He used to be top notch back in the day, and I can't name probably 5 other guys in Sports radio that I prefer to listen to. Definitely, a lot more substance than about 99% of the other guys other there over the airwaves. May be dry for some, but I hate the Rome type hosts, and I'm a KC sports / Big 12, yada yada fan, so he covers topics that I'm already biased to being interested in listening to, and he gets way better guests than most people. Probably b/c he has some national respect, and is a 'Cuse alum- which ESPN / sports reporters is littered with, so he has some good hookups.

I still like him a lot, and his ego may be getting out of control b/c he knows he is way better than anyone in KC or most anywhere. Part of him has to be pissed at not getting prime billing when he's way better the KK, and I know the two of them aren't exactly fond of each other. I don't know if they buried the hatchet or not, but they've both called each other out over the air before and it's gotten pretty nasty! I think they still pretty much hate each other... Why is Petro on remote EVERY single day? I get pimping your sponsors and all, but every day!?! I think Boeger or whoever is top dog there simply knows that they can't afford to lose either guy, so they just try to keep them separated as much as possible..

Can't believe I missed him having a meltdown.... I usually tune him in over the internet and listen in a bit here and there in my office in the background... and I'm in Chicago. Like I said, I really like the guy's show, and he covers topics that I follow already. As much as I can't wait to hear the Racin' Boys or Grunhard lisp it up on the radio.

Sidenote: I was out with one of Grunny's good buddy's on Friday in Chicago. They both played OL at Notre Dame together, and my brother in law was in town, so we went out with a few of his friend's, one of which own's Smoke Daddy's- pretty much 1 of the few places in Chicago you can get some decent BBQ! (owner is KC boy too)

Demonpenz
Here's what we need. Fire Hillman, wait for the Yankees to fire Girardi.
Hire Girardi. He was made to coach younger teams ( See Florida Marlins)....He would be perfect for us with our mold. We have a large group of young talent that will be ready in 2 years, drop Hillman and his ridiculous "in game tactics" and bring in Girardi. He wasnt made for the Yankees, only a few "babysitter" type coachs like Larussa, Torre, Leyland, etc are made for the Tankees.

Hillman is making too many costly errors with a team that is on the verge of doing something great this season. I totally agree he has made at least 3 costly decisions that cost us the game. He misuses pitchers, makes ridiculous subs and isnt grasping the talent of this team.

There I vented.....I am sure I will hear it about Girardi but I live in Jersey and hear this guy talk, he loves the game, is very tactical and is coaching a team that just needs its egos massaged. You may recall when he used to call Yankees vs Royals games he ALWAYS had something nice to say about our team and knew about our young talent.

He's our guy..

Please do not say Frank White either. We dont need any of our "home town hero's" as our HC, he will only get fired and it will hurt his image.....That is why George Brett has never really been in the mix to be coach...

larrusa's shit would not fly in New York, you must not follow baseball too much Larrusa is not a babysitter, he tinkers with everything and goes against the grain on alot of shit that the book says not to do.

Raised On Riots
05-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Caller: "I don't think Lamar Hunt had the"-

Petro: "SIR! SIR! YOU WILL NOT DISPARAGE LAMAR HUNT ON MY SHOW".

Me: "DOUCHE! DOUCHE! YOU WILL IMMEDIATELY GO FUCK A BROOMSTICK"!4321

Raised On Riots
05-12-2009, 11:57 AM
I see that now. I'm working from home and my coworkers keep interrupting me with IMs and phone calls. Maybe I should tell them to quit interrupting me with work stuff so I can keep up with all the posts on CP. These people have no sense of what really matters... :D

Damn straight! :D

T-post Tom
05-12-2009, 12:00 PM
I think stump the chumps is on because those guys on radio work long hours, and they need a day not to research, and everyone in the corporate world is gearing up for the weekend, so less people listen. I don't really mind stump the chumps, just a break from th norm

That makes sense. I just don't get any entertainment out of it. Maybe because it just reinforces how little I really know... :)

Gdaddy
05-12-2009, 12:12 PM
larrusa's shit would not fly in New York, you must not follow baseball too much Larrusa is not a babysitter, he tinkers with everything and goes against the grain on alot of shit that the book says not to do.

You assume I must not watch Baseball based off of that comment? You must be one of the guys on here who would rather argue than discuss.
I watch a ton of Baseball Sir, and his "shit" would fly in New York. Its not about tinkering, its about being able to handle High profile players. Has he not done that over his career? Of course he has. You dont think the Yanks were interested in him once Torre was gone? Of course he was, it was on the news daily out here.

My point was the difference between KC and the Yanks. Girardi is better suited for younger players to develop, meaning KC over NY.

MOhillbilly
05-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Where can i listen to the games online?

Demonpenz
05-12-2009, 12:18 PM
You assume I must not watch Baseball based off of that comment? You must be one of the guys on here who would rather argue than discuss.
I watch a ton of Baseball Sir, and his "shit" would fly in New York. Its not about tinkering, its about being able to handle High profile players. Has he not done that over his career? Of course he has. You dont think the Yanks were interested in him once Torre was gone? Of course he was, it was on the news daily out here.

My point was the difference between KC and the Yanks. Girardi is better suited for younger players to develop, meaning KC over NY.

I can only think of one high profile player he has handled worth a shit and (we all know what a problem child Pujols can be WHEW) he had Big Mac and handled that like shit. I guess you can say he handled the big name players in Oakland in an ok fashion if you call The entire team roided up, Canseco driving around 170 mph in a ferrari, the entire team on drugs and steriods, whew sounds like a good baby sitter.

Gdaddy
05-12-2009, 01:02 PM
I can only think of one high profile player he has handled worth a shit and (we all know what a problem child Pujols can be WHEW) he had Big Mac and handled that like shit. I guess you can say he handled the big name players in Oakland in an ok fashion if you call The entire team roided up, Canseco driving around 170 mph in a ferrari, the entire team on drugs and steriods, whew sounds like a good baby sitter.

Wow you really get it.......I bet your fun to be around...

Demonpenz
05-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Wow you really get it.......I bet your fun to be around...

LMAO I would buy you a cold one and crank up the tunes with anyone.

DJ's left nut
05-12-2009, 01:17 PM

I don't think it would.

Look at how testy he gets with the STL media. A 1 paper town with a soft media and he still gets into at least a handful of pissing contests with the dispatch every year.

He'd get torn to shreds in NY. If he wins....lots....quickly....then they might let him slide by, but that's it. If he stumbles just a little bit and tries to drop the arrogance he lets fly on the NY media, they'll kill him. Also realize that LaRussa is not beyond a temper tantrum on the field. He played Adam Kennedy in RF last year in an attempt to show all those that would listen that we needed more help that we didn't get at the trade deadline. His tantrum submarined a playoff run last season. If things are not wine and roses, his ego begins to really tear a team apart. If the NY media turned on him, he'd have the Yankee team torn to shreds by August.

If the Angels didn't already have a damn fine manager, he'd be a good fit out there. The Dodgers, Reds, D-backs, Rangers, Indians and Tigers would be good spots for him as well.

New York would NOT be.

And Petro's extremely good. Listen to sports radio outside of KC and you'll see what a true hack is. Y'all are lucky to have him.

Gdaddy
05-12-2009, 02:07 PM
I don't think it would.

Look at how testy he gets with the STL media. A 1 paper town with a soft media and he still gets into at least a handful of pissing contests with the dispatch every year.

He'd get torn to shreds in NY. If he wins....lots....quickly....then they might let him slide by, but that's it. If he stumbles just a little bit and tries to drop the arrogance he lets fly on the NY media, they'll kill him. Also realize that LaRussa is not beyond a temper tantrum on the field. He played Adam Kennedy in RF last year in an attempt to show all those that would listen that we needed more help that we didn't get at the trade deadline. His tantrum submarined a playoff run last season. If things are not wine and roses, his ego begins to really tear a team apart. If the NY media turned on him, he'd have the Yankee team torn to shreds by August.

If the Angels didn't already have a damn fine manager, he'd be a good fit out there. The Dodgers, Reds, D-backs, Rangers, Indians and Tigers would be good spots for him as well.

New York would NOT be.

And Petro's extremely good. Listen to sports radio outside of KC and you'll see what a true hack is. Y'all are lucky to have him.

Everyone is missing my point. It has nothing to do with Larussa....This all has to do with Girardi being our coach instead of Hillman. I dont care who the Yankees coach would be or where Larussa fits.

Archie F. Swin
05-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Petro does his homework and comes to the mic prepared...

Keitzman makes my teeth itch and comes to the mic oblivious...

both are whiny bitches toward callers that don't agree with their opinions

Raised On Riots
05-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Petro does his homework and comes to the mic prepared...

Keitzman makes my teeth itch and comes to the mic oblivious...

both are whiny bitches toward callers that don't agree with their opinions

BINGO.

petegz28
05-12-2009, 02:27 PM

It was class A stupidity. It was bases loaded, 0 outs and we were tied in the 7th. Hillman counted his chickens before they hatched by assuming we would score and take the lead, so he pulled both Jose and Billaayyy. STUPID.

Cause guess what??? We didn't score and we could have used both of their bats later in the game. Instead we go lucy 4 innings later.

DeezNutz
05-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Unless Greinke is on the mound, 1 or 2 more runs never guarantees victory in the AL, unless you're in the 9th.

DJ's left nut
05-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Everyone is missing my point. It has nothing to do with Larussa....This all has to do with Girardi being our coach instead of Hillman. I dont care who the Yankees coach would be or where Larussa fits.

Then you did a poor job of making said point when you went off on a LaRussa tangent.

I couldn't give a large rat's ass about who manages the Royals, so you can see where we have parted ways.

htismaqe
05-12-2009, 02:42 PM
It was class A stupidity. It was bases loaded, 0 outs and we were tied in the 7th. Hillman counted his chickens before they hatched by assuming we would score and take the lead, so he pulled both Jose and Billaayyy. STUPID.

Cause guess what??? We didn't score and we could have used both of their bats later in the game. Instead we go lucy 4 innings later.

Exactly. And they weren't tied 1-1 in the 7th either, you have to take the circumstances of the previous innings into account.

petegz28
05-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Exactly. And they weren't tied 1-1 in the 7th either, you have to take the circumstances of the previous innings into account.

Yep, it was a high scoring game I believe it was 7-7 in the 7th, IIRC. I could buy pulling Guillen to get a faster runner to score on a SAC Fly. But not Butler and Guillen. That was stupid.

Fish
05-12-2009, 03:13 PM

It's been said many times, and it's stupid each time. There's no way we could afford those guys on the same team. Not many teams could. And you could do a similar looking write-up for just about every team in the league. Every team has to cut ties with good players from time to time whether they really want to or not. The "coulda been" game is pointless.

BWillie
05-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Chris/Cowboy > Petro

I get a kick out of listening to Chris and Cowboy. Too bad the rest of 610 is shit.

MOhillbilly
05-12-2009, 03:23 PM
WHERE CAN YOU LISTEN TO THE GAMES ONLINE?

MoreLemonPledge
05-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Too bad the rest of 610 is shit.

Nah, Nick Wright's great.

MoreLemonPledge
05-12-2009, 03:25 PM

www.610sports.com

petegz28
05-12-2009, 03:28 PM
www.610sports.com

No you cannot. They do not broadcast the game. I tis an MLB thing. Or at least that's how it has been the last few years. I bought an MLBOnline subscription to listen to games that weren't televised.

CaliforniaChief
05-12-2009, 03:45 PM
I have never in my life seen one decision in an April game generate so much discussion. We won the game. I don't think I can handle this until September. I'm not accustomed to the Royals generating so much interest.

KCCHIEFS27
05-12-2009, 03:57 PM

Very first post

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207150

And didn't we talk to Girardi about coaching the team and he said he wanted the Yankees job? Can't wish for a manager that doesn't REALLY want to coach here. I don't understand all the nonsensical talk about Hillman. It's ballyhoo. The guy has cost the team one game so far this season. But I forget the fans mentality is that players win games and managers lose them.