PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Anyone here do that 'FREE Laptop' giveaway

googlegoogle
05-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Got one today and it has a Netflix trial offer to get a free Sony Laptop.

I don't think it's real. You have to sign up for one or two offers.

Has anyone done one of these deals? What are the pitfalls?

One of the prizes you can choose is a Macbook Pro,52" Vizio or a $1000 Walmart or visa credit gift card.

Don't want to do it if it's always asking you to keep registering for stuff.

Bwana
05-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Dear Friend: I'll give you a great deal on the Empire State Building. I have the title, am a little short on cash, so I will give you a great deal!! How does $1000 cash sound. You will be getting an email shortly with an account number. Just wire the money and I will send you the title, FedEx, next day air!!

joesomebody
05-12-2009, 08:07 PM
By a few offers, basically if you do surveys, sign up for credit cards, mailing lists, and about 8000 other things someday you'll get a "free" whatever they are offering.

Don't do it. Let's say an ad or signup generates about .10 a click which is extremely generous. Then think about how many clicks it would take to buy a free 52 inch plasma tv. Then remember that this company is going to make a profit off of you doing all this work and think about how much endless bullshit you'll go through. Then realize you will get sick of it and realize its never going to really get you a tv so you give up. You work for free for a week or so, you have provided an advertising company with your email address, home address, and vital info so they are going to sell that to every advertiser on the internet and you won't get a tv. I promise.

JOhn
05-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Dear Friend: I'll give you a great deal on the Empire State Building. I have the title, am a little short on cash, so I will give you a great deal!! How does $1000 cash sound. You will be getting an email shortly with an account number. Just wire the money and I will send you the title, FedEx, next day air!!

Or I've got a better deal. Just give me your bank account number and I'll wire you 10 million and split it with you.:thumb:

Bwana
05-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Or I've got a better deal. Just give me your bank account number and I'll wire you 10 million and split it with you.:thumb:

Sayyyyyyy!! Now there's a deal!

kstater
05-12-2009, 08:12 PM
For someone whose namesake is a wealth of knowledge, you sure are stupid.

Saul Good
05-12-2009, 08:18 PM
You never get something for nothing in this world...Except for laptops!!!! I say go for it! Hooray!!!

Kyle DeLexus
05-12-2009, 09:24 PM
You never get something for nothing in this world...Except for laptops!!!! I say go for it! Hooray!!!

Not exactly true I've gotten 6 games 4 of which were Guitar Hero bundles from http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=234278 (that is a referral thing and if you want to check it out and not become one of my referred members just take off the stuff and go to www.yourfree360games.com.

Sep 19, 2007

Guitar Hero II Bundle

Shipped

Nov 14, 2007

Guitar Hero III Bundle

Shipped

Nov 7, 2007

Guitar Hero III Bundle

Shipped

Dec 11, 2007

Call of Duty 4

Shipped

Feb 17, 2008

Major League Baseball 2K8

Shipped

Jul 18, 2008

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Bundle

Shipped

BOOM, Roasted!

WoodDraw
05-12-2009, 09:39 PM
No, but I did just win a free iPod for being the 100,000th visitor to this one site. It's really pretty exciting. They had a big flashing banner for me and everything.

Kyle DeLexus
05-12-2009, 09:54 PM
No, but I did just win a free iPod for being the 100,000th visitor to this one site. It's really pretty exciting. They had a big flashing banner for me and everything.

Congrats, Brah!

Herzig
05-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Screw that....just wait for some dumbass to turn his head and jack his laptop.

Wait a second...that just doesn't sound right.

googlegoogle
05-13-2009, 01:19 AM
http://ezinearticles.com/?Get-a-Free-Laptop---Truth-or-Myth?&id=814463

how it works. Seems legit.

The 52" Vizio made me pause and consider it. Same with Macbook pro & Air and $1000 visa card.

Kyle DeLexus
05-13-2009, 02:37 AM
you have to do a ton of offers for those though. If you haven't done them and remember to cancel them go for it.

Kerberos
05-13-2009, 06:28 AM
By a few offers, basically if you do surveys, sign up for credit cards, mailing lists, and about 8000 other things someday you'll get a "free" whatever they are offering.

Don't do it. Let's say an ad or signup generates about .10 a click which is extremely generous. Then think about how many clicks it would take to buy a free 52 inch plasma tv. Then remember that this company is going to make a profit off of you doing all this work and think about how much endless bullshit you'll go through. Then realize you will get sick of it and realize its never going to really get you a tv so you give up. You work for free for a week or so, you have provided an advertising company with your email address, home address, and vital info so they are going to sell that to every advertiser on the internet and you won't get a tv. I promise.

I have tried to do these things at least 3 different times. This is correct and it seems like it is NEVER going to end. Then when you think it is just about over it keeps going and going and going. You actually see the light at the end of the tunnel and BOOM your machine freezes on you and you have to reset the computer or shut down to get it to work. Either way you loose 2 hours of your life that you will never get back just like the Mac Book Pro or 52" TV you will NEVER GET.

kepp
05-13-2009, 08:19 AM
Got one today and it has a Netflix trial offer to get a free Sony Laptop.

I don't think it's real. You have to sign up for one or two offers.

Has anyone done one of these deals? What are the pitfalls?

One of the prizes you can choose is a Macbook Pro,52" Vizio or a $1000 Walmart or visa credit gift card.

Don't want to do it if it's always asking you to keep registering for stuff.

Ummm...just Google it.

Rain Man
05-13-2009, 08:49 AM
The laptop is free, but the $2,300 shipping charges offset the benefits.