PDA

View Full Version : Life I'm looking for the best fat burning/muscle building plan

Dunit35
05-12-2009, 11:39 PM
I am 5'11" pushing 200 lbs. I will be able to work out everyday of the week except probably Saturdays. I could run or do some cardio work at home on Saturdays though. I've probably got a high body fat index due to being out of shape. I've got a belly also. I'm looking to build muscle and burn this fat off. If I can keep up with it for two weeks I will buy some sort of supplement to help in the process. It's going to be a boring ass summer due to a couple reasons, so I'm wanting to do something that will occupy my spare time between work and classes.

I know eating properly is a major process of it but I am very picky and hate most foods besides meat. These last few days I have cut back on my eating at work and mainly eat soft chicken tacos without cheese and lettuce. I know Big Daddy is an expert at this but he hasn't been on here for awhile. The college wellness center has it all here and wouldn't mind maybe once a week after a workout jumping in the pool and swimming some laps.

Thanks for the help

Dunit35

Dante84
05-12-2009, 11:48 PM
I am 5'11" pushing 200 lbs. I will be able to work out everyday of the week except probably Saturdays. I could run or do some cardio work at home on Saturdays though. I've probably got a high body fat index due to being out of shape. I've got a belly also. I'm looking to build muscle and burn this fat off. If I can keep up with it for two weeks I will buy some sort of supplement to help in the process. It's going to be a boring ass summer due to a couple reasons, so I'm wanting to do something that will occupy my spare time between work and classes.

I know eating properly is a major process of it but I am very picky and hate most foods besides meat. These last few days I have cut back on my eating at work and mainly eat soft chicken tacos without cheese and lettuce. I know Big Daddy is an expert at this but he hasn't been on here for awhile. The college wellness center has it all here and wouldn't mind maybe once a week after a workout jumping in the pool and swimming some laps.

Thanks for the help

Dunit35

I was in your situation 6 months ago. I half assed it until 3 months ago.

Best exercise? Run, get cardio. Duh.

Best diet? Moderation, healthy smart choices, portion control, CALORIE COUNTING, and keeping your metabolism working at all times(eat whole grains so your body takes longer and works harder to digest; eat often- but while keeping your portions and choices in check)

Best Supplement?
In my experience, I am currently taking CLA and GLA. These are amino acids that you normally receive through foods that are high in fat. When you start a diet, you cut out the fatty foods, and in turn, cut out these amino acids. These acids help you burn fat, and are completely natural and healthy.

I take 3- 1000mg gelcaps of CLA per day, and 2- 240mg gelcaps of GLA per day. I have watched fat melt off.

IF YOU ARE WORKING OUT- you will NOT notice the pounds drop, as you are gaining muscle, but you WILL notice your waistline decrease. I dropped two belt sizes in a month and a half.

I am also 5-11, and I started at a post college weight of 190 lbs. I am now 180lbs, and am more defined thanks to focused lifting and making it a routine. If I ran more, I would be in much better shape. I am working up to it.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
Running, rabbit food, and weight lifting. Sorry, it's the hardest, but it's hands down the best. Trust me, I weigh 350 lbs.

Jenson71
Proven results.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4iIYRZWBd9Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4iIYRZWBd9Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dante84
05-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Also- with your chicken tacos! See if you can use a whole grain or wheat tortilla instead of bleached white ones. Simple adjustments like this really help. Load that bitch up with some good homeade salsa, too. Kind of a hobby of mine, and its pretty healthy what with the veggies and all.

Once you start getting compliments it will only fuel the fire brother! Girls will be lining up to lick your abs.

at least thats what i tell myself. please dont rain on my parade, folks.

Dunit35
05-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Running, rabbit food, and weight lifting. Sorry, it's the hardest, but it's hands down the best. Trust me, I weigh 350 lbs.

That's probably what I'm going to do. I don't have the cash for a personal trainer and I get in free at the welness center because of my student status.

I'm going to have to just eat less, maybe eat a banana, apple a day and workout/run. I'll throw in some cardio exercises at home after I get done pumpin the iron.

Dante84
05-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Oh! And make sure you get a regular and healthy sleeping schedule. Unlike right now. Its my biggest flaw.

Something like 70% of people who have poor sleeping habits and dont get enough sleep are overweight. I saw that a while back, but it makes sense. People eat shitty stuff just to stay awake at work or whatever, and pass on working out because they are tired. And eat shitty fast food because its easier than going out and making something healthy. No motivation, etc....

also, try and avoid alcohol when possible. I keep it to a weekend thing.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-12-2009, 11:55 PM
That's probably what I'm going to do. I don't have the cash for a personal trainer and I get in free at the welness center because of my student status.

I'm going to have to just eat less, maybe eat a banana, apple a day and workout/run. I'll throw in some cardio exercises at home after I get done pumpin the iron.

If you eat the right foods you'll have a hard time finishing 1500 calories a day.

Dunit35
05-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Also- with your chicken tacos! See if you can use a whole grain or wheat tortilla instead of bleached white ones. Simple adjustments like this really help. Load that bitch up with some good homeade salsa, too. Kind of a hobby of mine, and its pretty healthy what with the veggies and all.

Once you start getting compliments it will only fuel the fire brother! Girls will be lining up to lick your abs.

at least thats what i tell myself. please dont rain on my parade, folks.

We only have the bleached tortillas. I'm loading them up with a salsa we make. It's a salsa, cut up some tomatoes and add cilantro mix.

Dunit35
05-12-2009, 11:58 PM
Dante, I'm not really looking to lose a bunch of weight...looking to burn my fat. I'm looking to replace this flab with muscle that people notice.

Dunit35
05-12-2009, 11:59 PM
If you eat the right foods you'll have a hard time finishing 1500 calories a day.

I mean, I'm going to eat more than the fruit stuff. I'm just going to add the fruits to my diet for the nutrients it contains.

Dante84
05-13-2009, 12:01 AM

If you are my size when i started, you probably were/are getting 3000-4000 calories per day.

If thats true- dropping to 1500 or 2000 cold turkey will set you up for failure. You need to wean yourself down, because otherwise it will fuck with your hormones, make you very unhappy and grouchy, and hungry for carbs. You will then in a moment of weakness consume a ton of calories and set yourself back.

I suggest aiming for 2800 calories for a whole week. Then drop to 2600 calories the next week. Then 2400. Then 2200. Then 2000.

If you are working out everyday, you will need these calories to keep yourself healthy, to refuel your system, and to keep yourself happy.

Don't forget, its okay to treat yourself- you just have to earn it!

Dante84
05-13-2009, 12:02 AM
I mean, I'm going to eat more than the fruit stuff. I'm just going to add the fruits to my diet for the nutrients it contains.

Take a multivitamin too.

Dunit35
05-13-2009, 12:04 AM
If you are my size when i started, you probably were/are getting 3000-4000 calories per day.

If thats true- dropping to 1500 or 2000 cold turkey will set you up for failure. You need to wean yourself down, because otherwise it will **** with your hormones, make you very unhappy and grouchy, and hungry for carbs. You will then in a moment of weakness consume a ton of calories and set yourself back.

I suggest aiming for 2800 calories for a whole week. Then drop to 2600 calories the next week. Then 2400. Then 2200. Then 2000.

If you are working out everyday, you will need these calories to keep yourself healthy, to refuel your system, and to keep yourself happy.

I'm kind of wondering if that's what happened tonight. I haven't ate much of anything except for a few tacos since saturdays lunch. I loaded up on some homemade chicken and noodles tonight and immediately felt like complete shit.

Dante84
Dante, I'm not really looking to lose a bunch of weight...looking to burn my fat. I'm looking to replace this flab with muscle that people notice.

I know man- me too. I am a few months in. What I am saying is this will help you lose that fat while lifting and building muscle.

That muscle will replace your fat. I look nothing like I used to, and I've only "lost" 10 pounds. I have probably lost 15+ pounds of fat, and gained pounds back in muscle.

Dunit35
Take a multivitamin too.

Recommendation?

Dante84
05-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Well, I just take the "One a day" men's health knockoff brand. It works. Just look at the back and make sure its giving you what you need.

I would also suggest you make sure that a large portion of the calories you are consuming are protein. I take a whey protein supplement because its convenient.

Kyle DeLexus
05-13-2009, 12:21 AM

If thats true- dropping to 1500 or 2000 cold turkey will set you up for failure. You need to wean yourself down, because otherwise it will **** with your hormones, make you very unhappy and grouchy, and hungry for carbs. You will then in a moment of weakness consume a ton of calories and set yourself back.

Boom, I was 260 at one point and at no where near that. Barely got 2000 if that. I just did everything wrong. I grew up in a house with a single working mother and she would cook dinner for us. The other meals weren't happening. I hated school lunch but didn't wake up in time to make my own. So I was eating 1 meal a day and just eating a lot during that one meal. Honestly, I thought it didn't matter because I really wasn't eating much. When I tried to cut my weight after football I dropped to 230 easily just by eating more. I wish they had taught us about diets and nutrition in school. I was lifting every day and had some pretty decent maxs for being in starvation mode. If I was getting the calories and protein I needed, I could have been a beast.

Silock
05-13-2009, 12:33 AM

You're going to have to burn off the fat for people to see the muscle.

Your best bet is doing a full-body lifting routine 3 days per week, followed by 20-30 minutes of HIIT. Then, on the days in between, step it up to 1 hour of HIIT. Take a day off.

Actually, just read these articles. They're much better said (and backed up with hard science).

http://www.alwyncosgrove.com/hierarchy-of-fat-loss.html
http://www.alwyncosgrove.com/metabolicaccelerationtraining.html
http://www.alwyncosgrove.com/complexes.html
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/minimal_time_maximum_workout

Chiefs Pantalones
05-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Just eat more, but smaller portions. Make sure your meals are protein based, with veggies, fruits, wheat and dairy. No pop, just water, milk orange juice, no red meat, no sweets. Your fruit acts as your sweets. Work out, sleep well, you'll be fine.

It has worked for me, although I've never been fat, I have just added more muscle. Feel great, look great.

Silock
05-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Recommendation?

NOW ADAM

Best multi out there

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/get_item_no088.htm

Silock
05-13-2009, 12:35 AM

If you're going to eat fruits, eat berries. They're much better on your body than other fruits.

BWillie
05-13-2009, 12:54 AM

Your best bet is doing a full-body lifting routine 3 days per week, followed by 20-30 minutes of HIIT. Then, on the days in between, step it up to 1 hour of HIIT. Take a day off.

Actually, just read these articles. They're much better said (and backed up with hard science).

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/minimal_time_maximum_workout

Ahhh, HIIT sucks! I tried that a few years ago, I puked after one of the training sessions.

Third Eye
05-13-2009, 01:56 AM
In the long run, you can't build muscle and burn fat at the same time. To burn fat you have to consume less calories than your body needs, and to build muscle you to consume more. When you first start you will see some muscle growth at the same time you burn fat, but that is short lived. If you really want to reach your goals you need to first cut till you you are happy with your bodyfat and then bulk. Bulking will lead to some fat gain, so you will need to cut again, followed by more bulking and so on and so forth. Lifting weights is still important when cutting to help preserve the mass you do have.

Kyle DeLexus
05-13-2009, 02:02 AM
In the long run, you can't build muscle and burn fat at the same time. To burn fat you have to consume less calories than your body needs, and to build muscle you to consume more. When you first start you will see some muscle growth at the same time you burn fat, but that is short lived. If you really want to reach your goals you need to first cut till you you are happy with your bodyfat and then bulk. Bulking will lead to some fat gain, so you will need to cut again, followed by more bulking and so on and so forth. Lifting weights is still important when cutting to help preserve the mass you do have.

While this is true, there is something I've always wondered. If you want to do both is it better to bulk then lose weight when you have more muscle or is it better to concentrate on losing the weight you originally want to lose then start working on bulk. Just wondering since muscle helps burn fat and all.

Third Eye
05-13-2009, 02:10 AM
While this is true, there is something I've always wondered. If you want to do both is it better to bulk then lose weight when you have more muscle or is it better to concentrate on losing the weight you originally want to lose then start working on bulk. Just wondering since muscle helps burn fat and all.

I'm no expert, but from what I understand it's kind of either/or. It is true that muscle consumes more calories, thereby helping to cut, but at the same time you kind of work against yourself because a lengthy cut is going to make you lose some muscle anyway. I find it best to get down to a good base, then work up.

KCChiefsMan
05-13-2009, 02:17 AM
I'm 6'2" 235 lbs and want to get down to 200 or so, I've been getting decent results eating decently usually have fish or chicken every night with veggies and rice or noodles. A home weight lifting session with a jog in almost every day. I was getting close to 250 and decided that was enough.

Silock
05-13-2009, 02:26 AM

Any serious fat-burning routine is going to include resistance training.

It's better to just train for maximum fat loss, which includes heavy weight training, circuit weight training, and HIIT.

You CAN build muscle and burn fat at the same time. The body will do it if you put the stress of lifting to it. It's going to happen. However, it won't happen at the same rate it would if you were already at your weight goal and were eating to build a ton of muscle.

Kyle DeLexus
05-13-2009, 03:22 AM
Any serious fat-burning routine is going to include resistance training.

It's better to just train for maximum fat loss, which includes heavy weight training, circuit weight training, and HIIT.

You CAN build muscle and burn fat at the same time. The body will do it if you put the stress of lifting to it. It's going to happen. However, it won't happen at the same rate it would if you were already at your weight goal and were eating to build a ton of muscle.

Oh I got that, but I've had friends ask me this at the gym. If someone is overweight now and wants to lose fat, but also wants to completely change their body and add muscle and strength. Do they eat more to add the muscle first then when they have gotten gains use that muscle to help burn the fat, or do they focus on reducing calories first and burn the fat then concentrate on putting muscle on?

Edit: My bad I'm pretty tired. Studying for finals. You completely answered and said focus on fat loss and get the gradual gains from resistance training you'll be doing.

Silock
05-13-2009, 04:14 AM
Oh I got that, but I've had friends ask me this at the gym. If someone is overweight now and wants to lose fat, but also wants to completely change their body and add muscle and strength. Do they eat more to add the muscle first then when they have gotten gains use that muscle to help burn the fat, or do they focus on reducing calories first and burn the fat then concentrate on putting muscle on?

Edit: My bad I'm pretty tired. Studying for finals. You completely answered and said focus on fat loss and get the gradual gains from resistance training you'll be doing.

Yeah, they should still focus on calorie restriction and consuming adequate amounts of protein.

Good luck on finals. Just finished my last one today :)

InChiefsHell
05-13-2009, 06:16 AM
I'm 5'11, 38 years old and I weighed 203 lbs in December. Went to my doc for a routine checkup, found that my trycglycerides were 308...that's astronomical, they should be at 150 or less. Doc wanted me on meds, I told him to give me a few months of clean living first...

...I have been working out, lifting and walking, for almost 2 years. I would lose, gain, lose weight. I know I was gaining muscle mass, because my bench max went from 205 to 250 which was really cool. But, my GUT wouldn't go away. I was (and am) eating about 5 times a day, watching fat intake etc. So what else was going on?

...I hate to say it, but it was the booze. I'd come home from work, have a drink or two pretty much daily. Never thought much of it, since I was working out and stuff. I decided to just cut back to booze on weekends, and started to notice a change. Then for Lent I gave up booze altogether, and wow! I lost 15 lbs. Now granted, I stopped lifting altogether for that 6 weeks and just did the fat burn workout on the bike, but I was amazed at how much the fat just melted away. None of my pants fit me anymore and I went back to the doctor and my tryglycerides are at 68! Honestly, the key for my old ass is to moderate the hell out of my drinking, hit the gym for at least 30 minutes every day (I don't go on weekends though, so 5 days a week) and watch my intake. I'm now down to 184, but I've been sitting at that for 3 weeks now...I'd like to see 175, so 9 more pounds to go. I did start lifting again though, because I don't want to lose any more muscle.

MahiMike
05-13-2009, 06:49 AM
Eat every 2 1/2 hours. Eat before you get hungry. Try to eat protein almost every time. Drink protein shakes. If you buy the Muscle Milk light, it's cheaper than any other form of protein. Slices of turkey by themselves works good. Eat beans with your chicken enchiladas. I slice a roasted chicken, heat it up w/beans, put it on a rollup w/salsa.

Join the Y and go to their classes.

Count Zarth
05-13-2009, 06:57 AM
If you really want the fastest results in the quickest time check out the velocity diet.

the Talking Can
05-13-2009, 06:58 AM
take 5-6 dumps a day, eat 3 times a week, hammer meth in between 2hr elliptical sessions....

Kyle DeLexus
05-13-2009, 07:01 AM
take 5-6 dumps a day, eat 3 times a week, hammer meth in between 2hr elliptical sessions....

Better drink a lot of water don't want to get dehydrated.

Saulbadguy
05-13-2009, 07:03 AM
I'd focus on training yourself not to eat like a 5 year old.

kepp
05-13-2009, 07:15 AM
I'm kind of wondering if that's what happened tonight. I haven't ate much of anything except for a few tacos since saturdays lunch. I loaded up on some homemade chicken and noodles tonight and immediately felt like complete shit.

That's exactly what I went through when starting to workout again. My body was so used to carbs + sugar. I threw my body for a loop when I cut them out all at once and then binged. It gets easier though.

Ultra Peanut
05-13-2009, 07:19 AM
Seriously, get used to counting calories and never ever fucking stop. Even if all else fails, you can -- and must -- rely on this to make sure you don't balloon back up.

PhillyChiefFan
05-13-2009, 07:28 AM
Eat every 2 1/2 hours. Eat before you get hungry. Try to eat protein almost every time. Drink protein shakes. If you buy the Muscle Milk light, it's cheaper than any other form of protein.

True enough, I have also found something that I like even better than MM, its Optimum Nutrition 2:1:1. It tastes amazing and lower in calories/fat than most shakes. It's a whey mix, with limited casein, which some people can't drink Muscle Milk because of the casein protein (takes longer to digest and makes you feel full).

I actually look forward to drinking them. I drink one scoop before and one scoop afterwards. And my workouts are much, much more productive.

wolfpack0735
05-13-2009, 07:30 AM
i`m 5`11 and started at 232 now i`m 203 and losing more. how did i do it, easy. i found out i had diabetes,high blood pressure and high chlorestrol.
i went from eating alot to 190 carbs a day. the first month sucked big time but now i`m use to it.
and yes i walk 2 to 4 miles aday and i get some from the old lady 3 to 4 times a week.

Frankie
05-13-2009, 07:36 AM
Has anyone suggested antifreez yet?

PhillyChiefFan
05-13-2009, 07:36 AM
Eat 5 times daily, 3 meals and 2 snacks. Drink plenty of water, especially in the morning because your body is dehydrated.

Also eat something within an hour of waking to jump start your metabolism.

If you are tired throughout the day, eat something with potassium like a banana, it assists in producing energy.

PhillyChiefFan
05-13-2009, 07:38 AM
Has anyone suggested antifreez yet?

Many suggest that antifreeze is the way to shed fat very quickly.

(side effects may include death)

Aspengc8
05-13-2009, 07:51 AM

Listen to this man. Follow up with a low carb diet. There is a ton of info available on them on the t-nation site. Your going to want to go low carb until you are lean (ie <15% BF). Don't carb up. Period. I dont care what crap you read about resetting metabolism or leptin levels, its crap. No carbs until your lean. Meat, veggies & healthy fats.

BigCatDaddy
05-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Seriously, get used to counting calories and never ever ****ing stop. Even if all else fails, you can -- and must -- rely on this to make sure you don't balloon back up.

As much as I hate to agree with UP, studies have proven this is the diet that people are able to stick with in the long run because you are able to eat a variety of things that you like, but just in moderation.

Also, do the opposite of whatever googlegoogle tells you.

Count Zarth
05-13-2009, 08:37 AM
HOT-ROX is a good metabolism booster, too.

Spicy McHaggis
05-13-2009, 10:02 AM
This is a bit random, but I've found that keeping a bag of almonds in my pack to eat when I get hungry between meals helps. Gives my protein craving a bit of a fix and keeps me away from grabbing some fatty fast food.

wild1
05-13-2009, 10:03 AM
go to a reputable fitness/bodybuilding site, download an eating plan. there are a million out there.

personally i recommend eating a lot of foods that you hate from those lists. reset your mind to think of food as essential nourishment and not as a pleasure item. get rid of the junkie mentality that food is some kind of pleasure. or that you have to have dessert or a soda once in a while to keep you sane.

if you are eating the right things you won't need to eat a lot to feel good. Don't buy what people say about "oh, you can eat garbage, just in moderation by counting up the calories." Forget that. Don't eat any garbage at all. Intensity brings success not compromise.

most people recoil on cutting out alcohol but i dont understand why people will cut out mcdonald's but won't stop drinking. it's the same thing. you're eating good food now, fueling up with premium, don't pour sand in your gas tank along with it. if you can't face life without alcohol you have a lot bigger problems than the size of your ass

the boiler you have spent years building won't go away over night. but you could lose a couple pounds a week by doing a lot of cardio and refusing to compromise on diet.

sodcat
05-13-2009, 10:25 AM
I start each morning w/a big honking bowl of oatmeal (1 cup dry is 300 cal/6 gm fat) mixed w/a few berries or something else to jazz it up, this gets me thru the morning. It's a big bowl and I am full after eating so this helps. good luck to ya, I'm in the same boat!

BigCatDaddy
05-13-2009, 11:00 AM
if you are eating the right things you won't need to eat a lot to feel good. Don't buy what people say about "oh, you can eat garbage, just in moderation by counting up the calories." Forget that. Don't eat any garbage at all. Intensity brings success not compromise.

I don't think the guy plans on being a professional body builder, so I think he should just KISS.

http://www.channelone.com/news/ap-study-finds-count-calories-lose-weight/

LOS ANGELES - Low-fat, low-carb or high-protein? The kind of diet doesn't matter, scientists say. All that really counts is cutting calories and sticking with it, according to a federal study that followed people for two years. However, participants had trouble staying with a single approach that long and the weight loss was modest for most.

As the world grapples with rising obesity, millions have turned to popular diets like Atkins, Zone and Ornish that tout the benefits of one nutrient over another.

Some previous studies have found that low carbohydrate diets like Atkins work better than a traditional low-fat diet. But the new research found that the key to losing weight boiled down to a basic rule - calories in, calories out.

"The hidden secret is it doesn't matter if you focus on low-fat or low-carb," said Dr. Elizabeth Nabel, director of the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, which funded the research.

Limiting the calories you consume and burning off more calories with exercise is key, she said.

The study, which appears in Thursday's New England Journal of Medicine, was led by Harvard School of Public Health and Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Louisiana.

Researchers randomly assigned 811 overweight adults to one of four diets, each of which contained different levels of fat, protein and carbohydrates.

Though the diets were twists on commercial plans, the study did not directly compare popular diets. The four diets contained healthy fats, were high in whole grains, fruits and vegetables and were low in cholesterol.

Nearly two-thirds of the participants were women. Each dieter was encouraged to slash 750 calories a day from their diet, exercise 90 minutes a week, keep an online food diary and meet regularly with diet counselors to chart their progress.

There was no winner among the different diets; reduction in weight and waist size were similar in all groups.

People lost 13 pounds on average at six months, but all groups saw their weight creep back up after a year. At two years, the average weight loss was about 9 pounds while waistlines shrank an average of 2 inches. Only 15 percent of dieters achieved a weight-loss reduction of 10 percent or more of their starting weight.

Dieters who got regular counseling saw better results. Those who attended most meetings shed more pounds than those who did not - 22 pounds compared with the average 9 pound loss.

Lead researcher Dr. Frank Sacks of Harvard said a restricted calorie diet gives people greater food choices, making the diet less monotonous.

"They just need to focus on how much they're eating," he said.

Sacks said the trick is finding a healthy diet that is tasty and that people will stick with over time.

Before Debbie Mayer, 52, enrolled in the study, she was a "stress eater" who would snack all day and had no sense of portion control. Mayer used to run marathons in her 30s, but health problems prevented her from doing much exercise in recent years

the Talking Can
05-13-2009, 11:16 AM
i discovered black soy beans in a can...1/3 the carbs of beans (8 vs 24), and about 30% more protein per serving

1/4 to 1/2 cup soybeans, chicken/turkey sausage (no carbs)(precooked, not the fatty kind in the meat counter), some cheese (no carbs), and some hot sauce (siracha)

throw in bowl, nuke 1 minute, eat...wham bam out the door...

high protein, low carb, low sodium...each serving costs about 2.00 or less

lost 35 pounds eating this twice a day for awhile (not all i ate), plus workouts....kept it off too...

Count Zarth
05-13-2009, 12:02 PM
reset your mind to think of food as essential nourishment and not as a pleasure item.

Screw that. It's always pleasurable. In fact it's MORE pleasurable now, because I indulge LESS.

Enjoying food is like anything else in life...do it in moderation.

Eat too much...get fat.

Fuck too much...get an STD.

Of course you'll do much better if you don't eat McDonalds and stay away from hookers.

Ultra Peanut
05-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Also, do the opposite of whatever googlegoogle tells you.Hey, that makes two things we agree on!

Dante84
05-13-2009, 04:26 PM
My guilty pleasure is cheese. I fucking love mother fucking cheese. It's been the hardest thing to keep track of as i continue to watch myself.

I dont have to worry too much about cookies and candy. Just cheese and dairy.

My friend pointed out to me that white cheeses are typically less fatty and have fewer calories than yellow cheese. So I skip on the cheddars and americans and use the mozzarellas and provelones and pepperjacks.

God I love cheese. Just a random thing I wanted to throw out there.