PDA

View Full Version : Life My son is

stumppy
05-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Graduating this Friday. Way to go Lil Stumppy. I'm proud of ya.

He's kept his grades and attendance up. Played sports for school every year. Doesn't smoke, drink, or do drugs. And he even has a job.

Way to go Sam!!! I'm very proud of you.

Katipan
05-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Congrats!

Now get a better job.

Ebolapox
05-13-2009, 04:16 PM
'grats.

(insert comment about sooner homers)

luv
05-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Planning on college anywhere?

stumppy
05-13-2009, 04:19 PM
'grats.

(insert comment about sooner homers)

:D
I can't help some of the bad influence he's gotten at his mothers house.

stumppy
05-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Planning on college anywhere?

Probably local community.

Nightfyre
05-13-2009, 04:21 PM
grats. Though I admit I had hoped this thread would have "in jail" in the text.

MOhillbilly
05-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Probably local community.

OTC has turned out to be great for the community. congrats to your boy.

raybec 4
05-13-2009, 04:24 PM
OTC has turned out to be great for the community. congrats to your boy.

Hell yeah, my kid is getting credit there and in HS at the same time. She's a hell of a lot smarter than me.

MOhillbilly
05-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Hell yeah, my kid is getting credit there and in HS at the same time. She's a hell of a lot smarter than me.

it skips a generation. my dad was a physics teacher. i can barely read and write.

Cannibal
05-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Doesn't smoke, drink, or do drugs.

I hope that continues for you and your son. But you might in for a rude awakening when he gets out on his own. At some point most kids experiment and the later the experiment comes, generally the harder the experimentation is :) I'm not saying he should have been experimenting already. I'm just saying be ready for it.

EyePod
05-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Sorry but he sounds like a dud.

mlyonsd
05-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Congrats. Take him out for a special supper or something.

Better yet, buy him Chief's season tickets for life. Now's a good time to buy.

Funny story, my son's class had their Award's ceremony today. One of the awards was perfect attendance. They announced the 8 or 9 kids who had perfect attendance and they were supposed to step up and accept their certificate.

Of course, one kid didn't show up. The crowd thought that was pretty funny.

badgirl
05-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Sam I am very proud of you. I hope you have everything for yourself that you want, I know if you want it you go for it and you will accomplish it. Way to go!!!:clap:

Pablo
05-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Have his graduation party at a titty bar.

badgirl
05-13-2009, 04:42 PM
I hope that continues for you and your son. But you might in for a rude awakening when he gets out on his own. At some point most kids experiment and the later the experiment comes, generally the harder the experimentation is :) I'm not saying he should have been experimenting already. I'm just saying be ready for it.

Sam is a level headed boy, I think he will do great.

Iowanian
05-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Its nice to hear a success story once in a while.

Stump Jr....your foundation has been laid, now its up to you to not F it up.

now that school is over, your real education begins. Congratulations.

stumppy
05-13-2009, 04:44 PM

I'm under no illusions. He does have an older sister and two older brothers who've ......well let's just say not all of them were as easy to deal with as he is.

FAX
05-13-2009, 04:45 PM
There once was a poster named Stumpy
Who once told his wife he was grumpy
She attended his need
Now their son is degreed
And the result of Stumpy's humpy's not a chump-y

FAX

booger
05-13-2009, 04:45 PM
congrats to him and all the other grads out there.

HemiEd
05-13-2009, 04:49 PM

He's kept his grades and attendance up. Played sports for school every year. Doesn't smoke, drink, or do drugs. And he even has a job.

Sounds like you did a good job of raising him, congrats to both of you!

Now, if we could only find another one of those Hemi 6 pak, T/A Challenger Convertibles for $10k!

badgirl
05-13-2009, 04:51 PM

Now, if we could only find another one of those Hemi 6 pak, T/A Challenger Convertibles for $10k!

Hey!!!! thats what I read

Seriously, I knew Sam would do good and IMO continue doing well in his life. Time really flies, I think he was only 12 or 13 when I moved in with Stumppy.

HemiEd
05-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Hey!!!! thats what I read

Seriously, I knew Sam would do good and IMO continue doing well in his life. Time really flies, I think he was only 12 or 13 when I moved in with Stumppy.:) Its all good, I get it.

stumppy
05-13-2009, 05:01 PM

Thank you. I can't say enough good things about his mother. She has done a pretty good job on her end.

Now, if you do run across a challenger like that I'll trade the kid straight across.:D

bevischief
05-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Have his graduation party at a titty bar.

ROFL:D:)

SPATCH
05-13-2009, 05:20 PM
not drinking in high school is unamerican

Rain Man
05-13-2009, 05:28 PM

Crap. I just lost a $50 bet.

stumppy
05-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Crap. I just lost a $50 bet.

Well................technically there's two days left.

Phobia
05-13-2009, 05:50 PM
It's a good thing he was raised on ChiefsPlanet.

Halfcan
05-13-2009, 05:59 PM
congrats

DaKCMan AP
05-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Congrats. Although, he still needs to learn that UF > OU.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb278/gatorchick1/Gators/Beatsooners2.jpg?t=1242255744

Pablo
05-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Srsly.

A gator playing a fucking accordion? That shit is retarded.

JOhn
05-13-2009, 08:07 PM

Ditto, but it's my daughter who's graduating next Thursday. VERY proud of here & will be in KC to see her receive her diploma.
And she's got a academic scholarship to KU

KcMizzou
05-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Congrats Lil Stumppy. :clap: :toast:

Now about that OU thing...

Thig Lyfe
05-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Sorry but he sounds like a dud.

This.

Ari Chi3fs
05-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Your son is.... NOT IN JAIL for drugs?! awesome man!

congrats on his success!

stumppy
05-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Ditto, but it's my daughter who's graduating next Thursday. VERY proud of here & will be in KC to see her receive her diploma.
And she's got a academic scholarship to KU

Congrats to you too.

And a bump for Lil Stump.

stumppy
05-14-2009, 12:08 PM
It's a good thing he was raised on ChiefsPlanet.

How true. Nobody's perfect but at least he was a Chiefs fan first.

HemiEd
05-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Now, if you do run across a challenger like that I'll trade the kid straight across.:D

No kidding, it would probably be a long line of takers.

Mr. Krab
05-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Doesn't smoke, drink, or do drugs.
Wanna bet? LMAO

Seriously though.....congrats on keeping it together, Sam. :clap:

talastan
05-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Congrats my friend, always good to hear about the good kids every once in awhile.

LiL stumppy
05-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Wanna bet? LMAO

Seriously though.....congrats on keeping it together, Sam. :clap:

I would go ahead and take that bet pops :D

Thanks guys, it was fun. I was too busy worried about baseball and football than the stupid stuff. I have many examples to look at that shows me its all worthless.

Once again, thanks though :)

FAX
05-14-2009, 12:59 PM
I would go ahead and take that bet pops :D

Thanks guys, it was fun. I was too busy worried about baseball and football than the stupid stuff. I have many examples to look at that shows me its all worthless.

Once again, thanks though :)

As you embark on this exciting new chapter in your life, Mr. LiL stumppy, remember that, although you have already charted an excellent course, we human peeps never stop building character.

In the immortal words of Oliver Wendell Holmes; “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." or, as Popeye said, "I yam what I yam." And this is important because, even though yam jam has yet to be invented, it remains true that a yam is jam packed with vital nutrients including vitamin C, manganese, potassium and is also an excellent source of dietary fiber.

FAX

ChiefsOne
05-14-2009, 01:02 PM
it skips a generation. my dad was a physics teacher. i can barely read and write.

Was wondering how that worked. Both of my kids are a hell of a lot smarter than I am. But, growing up in the late 70s and early 80s didn't help my IQ!

stumppy
05-14-2009, 02:50 PM
As you embark on this exciting new chapter in your life, Mr. LiL stumppy, remember that, although you have already charted an excellent course, we human peeps never stop building character.

In the immortal words of Oliver Wendell Holmes; “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." or, as Popeye said, "I yam what I yam." And this is important because, even though yam jam has yet to be invented, it remains true that a yam is jam packed with vital nutrients including vitamin C, manganese, potassium and is also an excellent source of dietary fiber.

FAX

Excellent advice. The importance of dietary fiber will become more and more evident as he reaches middle age. I look foward to the time my son will start his own poop threads on Chiefs Planet.

El Jefe
05-14-2009, 03:48 PM

Ha. That may be true to some degree, but it's not true in every case. I've never drank, smoked, or experimented with pills or any type of drugs. I've been to parties, and many of my friends are crazy, but i've never had that desire. Not everyone has an innate sense to experiment. Just my 02

stumppy
05-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Ha. That may be true to some degree, but it's not true in every case. I've never drank, smoked, or experimented with pills or any type of drugs. I've been to parties, and many of my friends are crazy, but i've never had that desire. Not everyone has an innate sense to experiment. Just my 02

Way to go. It takes character to not let yourself be pulled into the 'partying' crowds habits. I'm not worried about Sam, he's got a pretty good head on his shoulders.

FAX
05-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Maybe it's because I find myself abiding smack dab on the shiny buckle of the Bible belt, but there are lots of young peeps here who don't do drugs of any sort ... well beer and birth control pills, maybe ... but that's it for some.

Although there are plenty of users around, it was somewhat astonishing when I realized that a significant percentage of high school and college aged peeps in Middle Tennessee simply choose not to participate in the drug/booze culture. Who'da thunk it? Times have changed, I guess.

FAX

stumppy
05-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Maybe it's because I find myself abiding smack dab on the shiny buckle of the Bible belt, but there are lots of young peeps here who don't do drugs of any sort ... well beer and birth control pills, maybe ... but that's it for some.

Although there are plenty of users around, it was somewhat astonishing when I realized that a significant percentage of high school and college aged peeps in Middle Tennessee simply choose not to participate in the drug/booze culture. Who'da thunk it? Times have changed, I guess.

FAX

I thank God my kids didn't grow up during the 70's or 80's. Times certainly have changed.

Earthling
05-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Grats to your son! Now I have the reason I was looking for to drink !!:D

stumppy
05-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Grats to your son! Now I have the reason I was looking for to drink !!:D

:toast:
Have one on me.

LiL stumppy
05-14-2009, 05:01 PM
thanks guys :)

Skip Towne
05-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Congrats Lil Stumppy. Are you going to play football at the next level?

Earthling
05-14-2009, 05:27 PM
:toast:

LiL stumppy
05-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Congrats Lil Stumppy. Are you going to play football at the next level?

Nope, had some schools looking at me, but I am tired of being tied down with football and school. I will miss it more than anything, but I got to move on eventually.

Simply Red
05-14-2009, 05:33 PM
job, 'lil'

Mr. Kotter
05-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Congrats, Junior. :toast:

Jenson71
05-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Stay in college.

A white kid (and increasingly more minorities) graduating from high school is fairly common. It means you are relatively normal and thankfully, have not gone through any major accidents.

But everyday that you are in college, realize that 2 people just like you are not. Now you are against the odds. You can quit anytime. You couldn't do that before. You can decide it's not worth the money or the time or the aggravation. But if you go through with it then you have done very well. Do not quit.