PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Turk McBride at OLB???

kcbubb
05-14-2009, 09:34 AM
See Bob Gretz article.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/05/13/another_attempt_at_building_a_defensive_foundation/

2007 DRAFT: DE TURK MCBRIDE (2nd/54) & DT TANK TYLER (3rd/82)

Over two seasons McBride and Tyler have not been big impact players in the defense that has gone backwards, especially when it came to stopping the run. Last year the Chiefs allowed 158.9 rushing yards per game and finished 30th in the league. And now, the pair must fit their skills into an entirely new scheme.

McBride (6-2, 278) has played in 25 games with 10 starts. He has 35 tackles, 1 sack, one forced fumble and two recovered fumbles.

Tyler (6-2, 306) has played in 31 games with 17 starts. He has 37 tackles and one recovered fumble.

Now, McBride may become an outside linebacker and Tyler looks like hes going to become a nose tackle.

And Jackson and Magee are now in town to become the next new foundation.

Chiefnj2
05-14-2009, 09:36 AM
That was the rumor weeks ago.

raybec 4
05-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Why not try it , he's failed at everything else. I hope this is his last year in a Chiefs uniform.

jeffery
05-14-2009, 09:39 AM
To the alien space ship!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Douche Baggins
05-14-2009, 09:39 AM
This is not news. I expect failure, too.

jeffery
05-14-2009, 09:41 AM
That
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
05-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Dude, it was discussed ad nauseum in a thread YOU started.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206881

L.A. Chieffan
05-14-2009, 09:50 AM
so wait a sec, are we running a 3-4 now?

jeffery
05-14-2009, 09:55 AM
What's a 3-4? Is that the new drum beat for our arrowhead pride band?
Posted via Mobile Device

EyePod
05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Why not try it , he's failed at everything else. I hope this is his last year in a Chiefs uniform.

I don't understand why you would hope that. I would understand you hoping that he does well, and if he doesn't, THEN you can which its his last year in a Chiefs uniform...but don't just outright hope for failing at the start.

EyePod
05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
But I too am low on hope from the Carl years...

Mr. Krab
05-14-2009, 10:10 AM
I suppose they could go BIG at the rushbacker position with guys like McBride and Johnston.

notorious
05-14-2009, 10:11 AM
B B B Bu Bu Bu But James Harrison was cut on from multiple teams 5,323,242 times and ended up being a Pro-Bowler at the same position. McBride needs to be given a chance since he was out of position/wrong system/horrible coaching, and all of that BS. ROFL

See you later Turk.

raybec 4
05-14-2009, 10:12 AM
I don't understand why you would hope that. I would understand you hoping that he does well, and if he doesn't, THEN you can which its his last year in a Chiefs uniform...but don't just outright hope for failing at the start.

I didn't say anything about hoping he fails, I said he HAS failed and I hope he is no longer a Chief after this season. I'll go as far as to say I hope that waste of oxygen doesn't make it out of training camp.

kcbubb
05-14-2009, 10:39 AM

maybe I'm behind...

I thought it was just speculation from different posters. I have always thought they would try him there. This is the first time I've seen it from kcchiefs.com or any other respectable source.

Douche Baggins
05-14-2009, 10:42 AM
maybe I'm behind...

I thought it was just speculation from different posters. I have always thought they would try him there. This is the first time I've seen it from kcchiefs.com or any other respectable source.

Gretz reported McBride was in warmup drills with the linebackers weeks ago.

kcbubb
05-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Dude, it was discussed ad nauseum in a thread YOU started.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206881

yeah... I know. but there was still a lot speculation of where he would be at that point.

when I went back to the thread there was still a lot people who believed he would be a DE.

I thought this article kind of firmed up the belief that he will be an OLB.

I personally like McBride. I know he hasn't been as productive as we have hoped, but he really works hard and he does have some ability. I know he caused a few fumbles on hustle plays chasing people from behind 20 yards downfield.

But I really don't know his chances at OLB. I do hope he can make it work.

King_Chief_Fan
05-14-2009, 10:52 AM
If that is the only spot left for him, kiss him good bye. There isn't anyway he can be fast enough for that role.

kcbubb
05-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Gretz reported McBride was in warmup drills with the linebackers weeks ago.

hmmm... I must have missed it. I thought it was a rumor.

Mr. Krab
05-14-2009, 11:34 AM
You guys know that they could be just wanting all these guys to learn more of the new system and to evaluate just how athletic they are. It doesn't necessarily mean they plan on really putting them at DE/OLB.

htismaqe
05-14-2009, 12:09 PM
yeah... I know. but there was still a lot speculation of where he would be at that point.

when I went back to the thread there was still a lot people who believed he would be a DE.

I thought this article kind of firmed up the belief that he will be an OLB.

I personally like McBride. I know he hasn't been as productive as we have hoped, but he really works hard and he does have some ability. I know he caused a few fumbles on hustle plays chasing people from behind 20 yards downfield.

But I really don't know his chances at OLB. I do hope he can make it work.

He's a 3-technique tackle. He's very, very similar to Magee in most respects. He's not gonna stick at OLB. Like Krabs said, it's more likely they're teaching the system or something like that.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-14-2009, 12:42 PM
hes gonna surely need to lose a few pounds to get alot quicker

FAX
05-14-2009, 12:44 PM
To the alien space ship!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

Let's hope corn is on the in-flight menu.

FAX

Jethopper
05-14-2009, 01:04 PM
What's a 3-4? Is that the new drum beat for our arrowhead pride band?
Posted via Mobile Device

I miss Warpaint....

FAX
05-14-2009, 01:13 PM
I miss Warpaint....

I do too, Mr. Jethopper. The chill in the air. The roar of the crowd. The sweet taste of victory. The proud, painted pony galloping majestically down the sidelines flinging fresh, steaming horsesh*t into the stands with its hooves.

Ah, yes.

FAX

Jethopper
05-14-2009, 01:21 PM
I do too, Mr. Jethopper. The chill in the air. The roar of the crowd. The sweet taste of victory. The proud, painted pony galloping majestically down the sidelines flinging fresh, steaming horsesh*t into the stands with its hooves.

Ah, yes.

FAX

You forgot a painted white guy mocking native american culture whilst riding him.

B_Ambuehl
05-14-2009, 01:39 PM
McBride was a wasted draft pick from day 1. The funny thing is as soon as he was drafted Herm went on busting Jimmy Wilkerson implying McBride was so much better. He's not exactly a world beater, but Wilkerson has been a good pass rusher in the rotation for Tampa Bay and is a guy who would fit well in the defense we're evolving to.

htismaqe
05-14-2009, 01:40 PM
McBride was a wasted draft pick from day 1. The funny thing is as soon as he was drafted Herm went on busting Jimmy Wilkerson implying McBride was so much better. He's not exactly a world beater, but Wilkerson has been a good pass rusher in the rotation for Tampa Bay and is a guy who would fit well in the defense we're evolving to.

He's a natural 3-technique and they drafted him to play DE. Wasted pick from Day 1 is right. Herm is a fucking moron.

FAX
05-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Herm may be a moron, but thanks to him we at least had 85% of the roster in place.

FAX

Pitt Gorilla
05-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Wouldn't Turk make a better DE in a 3-4? I'm sure this has been discussed, but it seems like a natural position for him in the rotation.

Great Expectations
05-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Wouldn't Turk make a better DE in a 3-4? I'm sure this has been discussed, but it seems like a natural position for him in the rotation.

I would think so as he was listed as a DE/DT for a while. Sounds like a perfect DE in a 3-4.

Mr. Krab
05-14-2009, 02:22 PM
He's a natural 3-technique and they drafted him to play DE. Wasted pick from Day 1 is right. Herm is a ****ing moron.You really think McBride should bulk up and play DT?

MOhillbilly
05-14-2009, 02:49 PM
The moon is made of cheese.

Douche Baggins
05-14-2009, 02:50 PM
He's a natural 3-technique and they drafted him to play DE. Wasted pick from Day 1 is right. Herm is a fucking moron.

People have been making excuses for McBride for months. I think he fucking sucks. He's probably even WORSE as a second round pick than Pollard, and DCS knows what I think about that waste of space.