PDA

View Full Version : Music Who has been to a Tech N9ne Concert?

Buck
05-16-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm going to one on Monday.

Does he put on a good show?

The venue hes performing at is pretty small, I'd guess around a 500 person limit. It should be pretty intimate.

Reaper16
05-16-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm going to one on Monday.

Does he put on a good show?

The venue hes performing at is pretty small, I'd guess around a 500 person limit. It should be pretty intimate.
Tech & crew put on the best show I've ever seen a hip-hop act put on. By leaps and bounds. Tech, Krizz and Cutt really know what they're doing up there.

KcMizzou
05-16-2009, 03:11 PM
It's the only live hip-hop show I've ever seen, but I thought he was amazing.

Had a blast. You're in for a treat.

Buck
05-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Sweet thanks.

Ebolapox
05-16-2009, 03:51 PM
been to a few. none in the last 2-3 years, though. he puts on a helluva show.

Kyle DeLexus
05-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Great show. He was better than DMX, who puts on a great show himself. All 3 Tech shows and both of DMX's I have been to where first come for seats so get there early.

Buck
05-16-2009, 04:14 PM
The venue is standing room only, so there are not any seats.

Kyle DeLexus
05-16-2009, 04:17 PM
The venue is standing room only, so there are not any seats.

My bad, thats what I meant by seats. Where you stand. The first Tech concert I went to we were about 15 rows back and it was a blast. the next we went early and got front row it was so much better. Now I always try to show up before the doors open and go with a few others so someone can get our places and others can get drinks or whatever.

Buck
05-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Oh okay. It sucks that its on a Monday, the Doors open at 6:30 and the show is at 7:30

Priest31kc
05-16-2009, 08:26 PM
I've been to 2 here in Columbia. Like everyone is saying, he puts on the BEST show as far as rappers go. He puts all his energy and effort into it, and its just awesome. It helps if you're a die hard Tech fan like me and you know all the lyrics to his songs and stuff. But yeah, you'll have a blast.

BryanBusby
05-17-2009, 02:03 AM
It's been a long while since I've gone, but he put on a hell of a show when I went around New Years 2003 with a fever.

patteeu
05-17-2009, 08:54 PM
I've never seen his show, but everything I've ever heard about them has been positive. I'd like to see him sometime in a small venue like that. Have fun!

CHENZ A!
05-17-2009, 09:57 PM
seen him several times. he puts on a great show.

Ceej
05-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Speaking of T9 - his new cd titled "Sickology 101" is a really good CD.

I've had the opportunity to go to several shows here in Wichita @ the Cotillion, but I continue to NOT pull the trigger.

KcMizzou
05-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Speaking of T9 - his new cd titled "Sickology 101" is a really good CD.

I've had the opportunity to go to several shows here in Wichita @ the Cotillion, but I continue to NOT pull the trigger.Pull it already.

Thanks for the heads up about the new stuff, I had no idea.

Ceej
05-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Pull it already.

Thanks for the heads up about the new stuff, I had no idea.

Neither did I. I was going to go purchase "Absolute Power" but I saw that and picked it up. Good purchase, good CD.

KcMizzou
05-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Found a review... damn. I think Tech's found his niche. So what if he never "makes it big".

For most rappers getting signed to a major label is like reaching the Promised Land. Before the ink has even dried on the contract they’re already wondering what color jet to buy. But in reality, that “major label as savior” mentality is a fairy tale and the rappers who believe it are naive at best and childish at worst. Truth is, hitting the majors can be spiritually and financially bankrupting (just ask Joe Budden). First off, you can kiss any creative control goodbye. Hell, you won’t be able to put on a pair of jeans without a stylist’s approval. Second, those fat checks you thought you’d be cashing? Try massive debt after you pay the $200,000 you owe T-Pain and Weezy to appear on your failed album. Yes sir, it’s enough to make a man want to stay independent.

If independent rappers need a hero, someone to look up to when the myth of the major label deal starts calling their name, Tech N9ne is that man. Based out of Kansas City and away from the homogenization of the mainstream spotlight, Tech’s created a style so unique it’s almost impossible to describe; imagine if Bone Thugs and Eminem had a baby, and then that baby grew up listening to hardcore rock. And as far as the bank account is concerned, he’s sold over one million albums on his own label (and pocketed an infinitely higher percentage of those profits). In fact, Tech’s been grinding so hard that his latest effort Sickology 101 is his ninth album, and his second all collaboration album. Tech’s not for everyone, you either like his style or you don’t, but every rapper’s got something to learn from Sickology 101.

There’s no better way to introduce the uninitiated into Tech’s devilish world than the title track Sickology 101, a fiendish banger that brings on fellow underground legends Chino XL and Crooked I. Sickology is a perfect example of Tech’s densely melodic rhyme style, a verbal assault that sounds like a symphony of machine guns, and with Chino and Crooked predictably murdering their verses Sickology the track is a fitting opening shot in the hip-hop war that is Sickology the album. Tech is the biggest rapper to ever come out of Kansas City and he put his Midwest roots on full display on Midwest Choppers 2, a track featuring such fast-paced rhyming even Twista would be hard pressed to keep up, thanks to flows from Tech, K-Dean and Krayzie Bone. Both Sickology and Midwest Choppers are one-in-a-million tracks, and it’s hard to believe either would have been released on a major label, something Tech is only too aware of. In fact, he spends his only solo tracks on the album breaking down the mainstream music industry he can’t or won’t join, from the slowly winding Red Nose to the drama-filled Blown Away, a track that aims to expose some superstar artists diva-like tendencies (most prominently Keyshia Cole). Ironically Red Nose and Blown Away are also reminders that the album’s strength in numbers is also its weakness – ultimately its at its best when Tech is in sole control.

Tech may take his music seriously but Sickology is by no means a serious album. Throughout the album Tech makes it a point to focus on his two favorite subjects - alcohol and women. Or more specifically, women’s breasts. Or more, more specifically, womens’ areolas (the area surrounding a woman’s nipple). Poh Me Anutha is an alcoholic ode to the pleasures and after effects of too much drinking, an adults only joint that exhibits Tech’s more comedic side. Equally amusing is the pounding Party and Bullshit and the “never say your sorry” anthem Sorry and S**t. In fact the man’s got an entire track dedicated to the aforementioned areolas – appropriately titled Areolas – a quasi-satirical track with a chorus that’s impossible not to chant, as long as there aren’t kids anywhere in the area. Tech’s ability and willingness to make highly skilled and highly-profane music has earned him a cult following, and that cult’s growing so large it’s threatening to become a religion.

Are you trying to seduce a hot date? Looking for something fly to bump as you roll down Rodeo Drive in your (rented) Lamborghini? Then I highly recommend you stay the f**k away from Sickology 101. But if you like unflinching creative expression and no holds barred hip-hop, then sit down and start taking notes. Class is in session.

http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/tech-n9ne-sickology-101-04290901/

Ceej
05-17-2009, 10:32 PM
"I'm demented, Spitting rhythm's as sick as I can
Grenade gripping, Fitting to detonate Disneyland
I am teaching Sickology
Try to follow how every punch line hits
Like Chris Brown's fist in the face of Rihanna"

Reaper16
05-17-2009, 10:40 PM
"I'm demented, Spitting rhythm's as sick as I can
Grenade gripping, Fitting to detonate Disneyland
I am teaching Sickology
Try to follow how every punch line hits
Like Chris Brown's fist in the face of Rihanna"
When the album leaked a month ago, I was listening to it walking back from class. I was in the middle of the student union when that punchline from Chino XL came on, and I went like "Daaaaaaaamn!" out loud and like 40 students were looking at me like 'wtf?' I couldn't help it.

KcMizzou
05-17-2009, 10:49 PM
I love this quote...

Tech’s created a style so unique it’s almost impossible to describe; imagine if Bone Thugs and Eminem had a baby, and then that baby grew up listening to hardcore rock.

Buck, I'm jealous.

Buck
05-18-2009, 09:40 AM
I love this quote...

Buck, I'm jealous.

Its crazy...

I went to bed at 8:45 last night. Didn't fall asleep until 1:45, not because I was excited or anything, just because I slept in until 1:15, ugh. So I change my alarm from 5:00 to 6:15 before I go to sleep so I can get that extra time.

As I am dead tired in the shower, I realize the Tech concert is today. That immediately gave me the pep in my step. I cant wait.

KC native
05-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Found a review... damn. I think Tech's found his niche. So what if he never "makes it big".

http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/tech-n9ne-sickology-101-04290901/

What's funny about this review is that Tech was on a major label but got dropped. His first album, Calm Before the Storm, is his best IMO but it's out of print and I don't think the old label will release the masters to him. The whole reason he got dropped was the label caught him selling copies of the album at 7th Haven (heaven? can't remember it's on troost though) which were bypassing the label and going straight to his pocket. Needless to say they were pissed.

In the end this probably worked out better for him because he went independent. He tours a fuck load and I guarantee you that's where most of his money comes from. I bet he's pulling somewhere between $7000-25000 a show.

Buck
05-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Watch out, cuz here comes Tecca Nina
Roll out, cuz here comes Tecca Nina
Drop Down, Cuz here comes Tecca Nina
Here comes Tecca Nina
Here comes Tecca Nina

KcMizzou
05-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Watch out, cuz here comes Tecca Nina
Roll out, cuz here comes Tecca Nina
Drop Down, Cuz here comes Tecca Nina
Here comes Tecca Nina
Here comes Tecca NinaWe're gonna need a full review when you get home and/or recover from your hangover.

Buck
05-19-2009, 10:28 AM
We're gonna need a full review when you get home and/or recover from your hangover.

Didn't drink, but I do have an interesting story.

We showed up pretty late, after 2 of the performers already went, and then a guy named MURS went on, he was pretty good. A fight broke out in the crowd during his performance and a bunch of people left from the front so I got to scoot up to about the 15th row of people or so. MURS jumped into the crowd to calm everyone down. That was pretty cool.

Then Tech N9ne came on and started with a quick song off of Sickology 101, that I didn't know, and then Krizz Kaliko came out and did his verse. Then he said hello to the crowd and everything then...

"Tech Niiiiiiizziiiiiiiine" Owooo Owooo Owooo! HEY!

He played "Like Yeah" off of Killer, a huge moshpit started right in front of me and I jumped in knowing that when it ended I would be much closer than when I began. By the end of the song I was in the third row of people. The mosh pit never stopped through 3 songs or so. And by the end, some girl who was right in front of me got scared and sprayed Mace. It hit my buddy to the right in the eyes, and hit me in the mouth, and it even managed to get Tech N9ne.

So after five minutes or so of my mouth burning and hard breathing I had to leave the crowded group. I made it through maybe 5 songs right up front.

To be honest I cant remember all of the songs he played, but the highlights for me were: "Like Yeah", "Psycho Bitch" (he played both back to back), "Caribou Lou", and "I'm a Playa" (very last song he played).

I only ever went to one other rap concert, and it was Cypress Hill, in Tijuana. Cypress Hill bitched out at the last moment and a riot ensued, not fun.

This was far and away the best show I've ever gone to, period. Even getting maced in the face didn't make it bad for me.

Dicky McElephant
05-19-2009, 10:32 AM
What did they do to the bitch?

Ebolapox
05-19-2009, 10:35 AM

they sang 'psycho bitch' for her. apropos.

Buck
05-19-2009, 10:43 AM

Nothing. Tech kept flipping her off and calling her a bitch in the middle of every song though, well until all the vodka he was drinking on stage kicked in then he was just happy.

Priest31kc
05-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Nothing. Tech kept flipping her off and calling her a bitch in the middle of every song though, well until all the vodka he was drinking on stage kicked in then he was just happy.

LMAO. Yeah Tech doesnt like it when someone fucks his show up, he lets them know.

When I went a year ago or so, some dude said something to Tech when he was on stage and he just flipped him off smiling, it was hilarious.

Oh yeah, and heres something from Tech's Twitter page:

Sold out show at h.o.b in s.d. And right at the beginning of the show a dumb mfr in the crowd mased us! They sprayed us wit mase but we spit it n they face!

Priest31kc
05-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Didn't drink, but I do have an interesting story.

We showed up pretty late, after 2 of the performers already went, and then a guy named MURS went on, he was pretty good. A fight broke out in the crowd during his performance and a bunch of people left from the front so I got to scoot up to about the 15th row of people or so. MURS jumped into the crowd to calm everyone down. That was pretty cool.

Then Tech N9ne came on and started with a quick song off of Sickology 101, that I didn't know, and then Krizz Kaliko came out and did his verse. Then he said hello to the crowd and everything then...

"Tech Niiiiiiizziiiiiiiine" Owooo Owooo Owooo! HEY!

He played "Like Yeah" off of Killer, a huge moshpit started right in front of me and I jumped in knowing that when it ended I would be much closer than when I began. By the end of the song I was in the third row of people. The mosh pit never stopped through 3 songs or so. And by the end, some girl who was right in front of me got scared and sprayed Mace. It hit my buddy to the right in the eyes, and hit me in the mouth, and it even managed to get Tech N9ne.

So after five minutes or so of my mouth burning and hard breathing I had to leave the crowded group. I made it through maybe 5 songs right up front.

To be honest I cant remember all of the songs he played, but the highlights for me were: "Like Yeah", "Psycho Bitch" (he played both back to back), "Caribou Lou", and "I'm a Playa" (very last song he played).

I only ever went to one other rap concert, and it was Cypress Hill, in Tijuana. Cypress Hill bitched out at the last moment and a riot ensued, not fun.

This was far and away the best show I've ever gone to, period. Even getting maced in the face didn't make it bad for me.

He didn't play "This Ring" or "Einstein"? Those were my 2 favorite he plays live.

Buck
05-19-2009, 11:08 AM
LMAO. Yeah Tech doesnt like it when someone ****s his show up, he lets them know.

When I went a year ago or so, some dude said something to Tech when he was on stage and he just flipped him off smiling, it was hilarious.

Oh yeah, and heres something from Tech's Twitter page:

Sold out show at h.o.b in s.d. And right at the beginning of the show a dumb mfr in the crowd mased us! They sprayed us wit mase but we spit it n they face!

Nice.

I'm hoping it doesnt keep him from coming back, which it probably wont. He was so happy that he sold out House of Blues in San Diego, because San Diego isn't really a hip-hop scene.

He was saying that the first time he played House of Blues, there was 7 people there standing in front of the stage. Last night it was packed wall to wall, pretty amazing.

Buck
05-19-2009, 11:09 AM
He didn't play "This Ring" or "Einstein"? Those were my 2 favorite he plays live.

You know what, he did play Einstein. I just cant remember all of the songs off the top of my head, but yeah he played that.

Keep in mind I got maced in the mouth so I was sort of distracted.

Priest31kc
05-19-2009, 11:11 AM
You know what, he did play Einstein. I just cant remember all of the songs off the top of my head, but yeah he played that.

Keep in mind I got maced in the mouth so I was sort of distracted.

lol yeah that had to of sucked sorry man

Ebolapox
05-19-2009, 11:14 AM
kinda pisses me off he hasn't come to springfield in about three years. he used to come once a year at least. wonder what happened, if there's a story behind it. granted, springfield isn't the best hip-hop scene, but his shows were always packed here and he has a TON of fans here. the closest he comes this summer is columbia (kc and st. louis too, I guess).

oh well.

Reaper16
05-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Looking at Tecca Nina's Twitter page, he hasn't quite figured out that he's limited to 140 characters per post. Heh.

Though I did learn from there that Brother Lynch Hung signed with Strange Music; cool.

Sorry about the mase in the face, but glad you saw a good show otherwise.

Priest31kc
05-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Looking at Tecca Nina's Twitter page, he hasn't quite figured out that he's limited to 140 characters per post. Heh.

Though I did learn from there that Brother Lynch Hung signed with Strange Music; cool.

yep Brotha Lynch is with Strange now, awesome news.

Priest31kc
05-28-2009, 01:30 AM
For all you Tech fans out there, this is an awesome video.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ytFna373Nhk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ytFna373Nhk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

cdirty
05-28-2009, 04:40 PM
anyone going to wichita show tonite?

Pablo
05-28-2009, 04:41 PM
anyone going to wichita show tonite?I wish I was.

Have a good time man.

DJ's left nut
05-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Really?

I saw him a few years back at spirit fest (with 311), holy crap it was bad. I can't stand 311, I went there just to see T9, I was disappointed as hell.

He just stuck his head down so the dreads were over his face, shook his head back and forth really quickly and lip synced.

Maybe he did a better job at the shows above, but it was easily the worst show I've ever been to.

Buck
05-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Really?

I saw him a few years back at spirit fest (with 311), holy crap it was bad.

He just stuck his head down so the dreads were over his face, shook his head back and forth really quickly and lip synced.

Maybe he did a better job at the shows above, but it was easily the worst show I've ever been to.

311 sucks.

And Maybe he was on drugs, but the concert was nothing like you just said.

Reaper16
05-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Really?

I saw him a few years back at spirit fest (with 311), holy crap it was bad.

I don't believe you.

cdirty
05-28-2009, 04:54 PM
it should be good tonite. ive seen him like 3 times in the past and its always been good.

and Murs is opening up for him, which is really who im going to see.

Buck
05-28-2009, 05:04 PM
it should be good tonite. ive seen him like 3 times in the past and its always been good.

and Murs is opening up for him, which is really who im going to see.

Murs was awesome.

cdirty
05-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Murs was awesome.

Yes, Yes he is. have seen him a number of times as well. I was shocked to hear that was coming to Wichita actually.

Priest31kc
05-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Really?

I saw him a few years back at spirit fest (with 311), holy crap it was bad. I can't stand 311, I went there just to see T9, I was disappointed as hell.

I remember you have said this before and this was my response to that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Terrible TERRIBLE concert.
Saw them at Spirit fest about 6 years ago. Lip Synched and shook his head back and forth the whole time.
Worst concert I've ever been to, I was really disappointed.

First off, its not "them", its "him". Tech N9ne is one dude. And second, he doesnt lip synch, ive been to 2 of his concerts, what are you talking about? You can clearly see he does not lip synch, there are times during his performance that the music just stops and he just raps incredibly fast, watch his new DVD you'll see. And you can easily just tell he doesnt right when he gets on, but whatever. And he just shook his head back and forth???? Tech's shows are known for all the dancing and basically his stage performance. Its amazing what he does on stage. Tech has the best show in rap, hes really dedicated to that, thats what keeps him going, he goes 100% every night. He got into a near death accident on the way to his show, and he still did the show that night. Hes THIRD in ticket sales behind Jay-Z and Kanye West, and hes INDEPENDENT. Hes known for his amazing shows. Ask anyone thats been to one they will tell you it was awesome. He has a huge die hard fan base, thats why he sells alot of merchandise. He done all this because of his shows, because hes not on the radio or tv.

And whoever said Tech is not a good rapper, you might not like his music, but you cant deny he is one of the most talented rappers out there. You cant confuse the 2.

And Tech does rap about drugs, but he raps about HIS drug use, about what happened to him in the past. He does not incluence them at all. He raps about HIS LIFE, he raps about what he feels. You must not have heard his music. Hes not like all the crappy rappers you hear on the radio who rap about bling bling and cars and just crap. And to top that off, he has amazing flow and is one of the fastest rappers out there, and hes very versatile.

Also, Tech is a good dude. He cares for his fans probably more than any rapper. He does everything for his fans, he keeps in contact with them on sites like myspace with videos, and everything. Hes not a stuck up guy, he straight up and honest and a nice guy to be around.

And his new album is a masterpiece, 32 tracks, only 10 bucks. I was waiting for this album for a long time and it doesnt dissappoint. Its right up there with "Anghellic", which he released in 2001.

Hes getting bigger and bigger, but hes been one of the best in rap for a long time now. And he was on the Jim Rome Show today with Whitlock.

And this is my first post, ive been on here for awhile just havent posted, but I felt I had to post about this.

So once again, he DOES NOT lip sync. Never has never will.

Buck
05-28-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Terrible TERRIBLE concert.
Saw them at Spirit fest about 6 years ago. Lip Synched and shook his head back and forth the whole time.
Worst concert I've ever been to, I was really disappointed.

First off, its not "them", its "him". Tech N9ne is one dude. And second, he doesnt lip synch, ive been to 2 of his concerts, what are you talking about? You can clearly see he does not lip synch, there are times during his performance that the music just stops and he just raps incredibly fast, watch his new DVD you'll see. And you can easily just tell he doesnt right when he gets on, but whatever. And he just shook his head back and forth???? Tech's shows are known for all the dancing and basically his stage performance. Its amazing what he does on stage. Tech has the best show in rap, hes really dedicated to that, thats what keeps him going, he goes 100% every night. He got into a near death accident on the way to his show, and he still did the show that night. Hes THIRD in ticket sales behind Jay-Z and Kanye West, and hes INDEPENDENT. Hes known for his amazing shows. Ask anyone thats been to one they will tell you it was awesome. He has a huge die hard fan base, thats why he sells alot of merchandise. He done all this because of his shows, because hes not on the radio or tv.

And whoever said Tech is not a good rapper, you might not like his music, but you cant deny he is one of the most talented rappers out there. You cant confuse the 2.

And Tech does rap about drugs, but he raps about HIS drug use, about what happened to him in the past. He does not incluence them at all. He raps about HIS LIFE, he raps about what he feels. You must not have heard his music. Hes not like all the crappy rappers you hear on the radio who rap about bling bling and cars and just crap. And to top that off, he has amazing flow and is one of the fastest rappers out there, and hes very versatile.

Also, Tech is a good dude. He cares for his fans probably more than any rapper. He does everything for his fans, he keeps in contact with them on sites like myspace with videos, and everything. Hes not a stuck up guy, he straight up and honest and a nice guy to be around.

And his new album is a masterpiece, 32 tracks, only 10 bucks. I was waiting for this album for a long time and it doesnt dissappoint. Its right up there with "Anghellic", which he released in 2001.

Hes getting bigger and bigger, but hes been one of the best in rap for a long time now. And he was on the Jim Rome Show today with Whitlock.

And this is my first post, ive been on here for awhile just havent posted, but I felt I had to post about this.

So once again, he DOES NOT lip sync. Never has never will.

Rep

Awesome first post.

I honestly think that DJ's left nut must be confusing him for someone else.

Priest31kc
05-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Rep

Awesome first post.

I honestly think that DJ's left nut must be confusing him for someone else.

He has to be. Also, Tech didn't have dreads in 2003, he had the RED SPIKED HAIR that everyone loves. He just released Absolute Power....

KcMizzou
05-28-2009, 06:31 PM
He has to be. Also, Tech didn't have dreads in 2003, he had the RED SPIKED HAIR that everyone loves. He just released Absolute Power....
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s71/lstavran/TechLiberate.jpg

KC native
05-28-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:

Yea, he is cool as hell. I met him before Anghellic came out. 57th and Highland (his stomping grounds) isn't too far from where I grew up (Eastwood Hills). He actually used to fuck this chick I went to high school with. Also, I knew his old X hook up (it's the other guy on Tormented on Anghellic). G and his brother V (v was in my grade grant was older) went to school with me (i just used their initials so I'm not totally putting them on blast on the planet).

KcMizzou
05-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Heh, oddly enough... he (Aaron D. Yates) became a facebook "friend" of mine yesterday. Seemed kind cheesy sending the request, but I'd heard the same... that you'll get to see and hear some of his stuff that you wouldn't anywhere else.

BryanBusby
05-28-2009, 09:12 PM

Nice. Was actually listening to 187 on a hook when I pulled this thread back up. It'd be nice if Tech could pull Blaze Ya Dead Homie away from ICPs label onto Strange. Dislike ICP, but Blaze is awesome as shit.

311 sucks.

And Maybe he was on drugs, but the concert was nothing like you just said.
Old 311 is pretty awesome, but then again I did smoke a lot of pot back then.

KcMizzou
05-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Nice. Was actually listening to 187 on a hook when I pulled this thread back up. It'd be nice if Tech could pull Blaze Ya Dead Homie away from ICPs label onto Strange. Dislike ICP, but Blaze is awesome as shit.

Old 311 is pretty awesome, but then again I did smoke a lot of pot back then.I like old 311 too. You're pretty cool, for a weather man.

I bet Gary Lezak wouldn't know anything about this.

CoMoChief
05-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Hope you come out alive.

I went to a Bone Thugs n Harmony concert at the Blue Note here in Columbia. Me and about 3 other white guys........were the only white guys there LOL

Reaper16
05-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Hope you come out alive.

I went to a Bone Thugs n Harmony concert at the Blue Note here in Columbia. Me and about 3 other white guys........were the only white guys there LOL
Wow. You equate non-white people with your life being endangered.

Just... wow.

patteeu
05-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Wow. You equate non-white people with your life being endangered.

Just... wow.

He's probably experienced a bit of racism and he's just over-reacting to it (effectively adopting a racist outlook himself). You see that all the time.

Reaper16
05-29-2009, 02:38 PM
He's probably experienced a bit of racism and he's just over-reacting to it (effectively adopting a racist outlook himself). You see that all the time.
See: Vailpass.

blazzin311
05-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Seen him plenty of times in concert in KC and here in ND too. It's funny he usually comes to do a show in Fargo at least a couple times a year. The last time he was in Fargo doing a show, my brother (who has hung out with Tech a few times in KC when we lived there so they knew eachother), myself, and some other friends did the meet and greet VIP before the show. I got to talkin to him and gave him a bit of grief. I told him they needed to make a trip to Bismarck (3hrs. from Fargo) so I don't have to commute everytime to see him in concert. Well looks like they took our advice b/c he's gonna be in Bismarck doin a show on May 31.

Dude does put on a great show. He's got great flow and is one the most creative rappers out there today. From the conversations and time I've spent with him in the past he's extremely humble, very personable, and funny as hell to tell ya the truth. Just my two cents.

Priest31kc
05-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Seen him plenty of times in concert in KC and here in ND too. It's funny he usually comes to do a show in Fargo at least a couple times a year. The last time he was in Fargo doing a show, my brother (who has hung out with Tech a few times in KC when we lived there so they knew eachother), myself, and some other friends did the meet and greet VIP before the show. I got to talkin to him and gave him a bit of grief. I told him they needed to make a trip to Bismarck (3hrs. from Fargo) so I don't have to commute everytime to see him in concert. Well looks like they took our advice b/c he's gonna be in Bismarck doin a show on May 31.

Dude does put on a great show. He's got great flow and is one the most creative rappers out there today. From the conversations and time I've spent with him in the past he's extremely humble, very personable, and funny as hell to tell ya the truth. Just my two cents.

Sweet man, Im plannin on goin to the show here in Columbia if I have the money, Ive already seen him twice but I havent seen him since he dropped Killer and now Sickology.

Question for everyone, whats your favorite album by Tech?

Mine is Anghellic HANDS DOWN. Freakin classic.

patteeu
05-29-2009, 04:38 PM
See: Vailpass.

Nah, I don't see Vailpass doing it. Vailpass kicks political correctness in the nuts and then, based on reactions, refines his verbal poetry to :Poke: particular people with customized assaults on their over-sensitive PC sensibilities.

KC native
05-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Sweet man, Im plannin on goin to the show here in Columbia if I have the money, Ive already seen him twice but I havent seen him since he dropped Killer and now Sickology.

Calm before the Storm is his best. Most people have never heard it though because it's out of print and it's tough to download all of the tracks.

blazzin311
05-29-2009, 04:52 PM

Yup. I'd have to agree with you as most Tech fans probably would, Anghellic is a timeless classic.

Buck
05-29-2009, 05:09 PM
By the way, they did their intro song to introduce themselves (Tech N9ne, Krizz Kaliko, Kutt Calhoun) and then comes "Like Yeah"

That was my fav part of the show except for when he acted like he was leaving the stage at the end and busted out "I'm a Playa"

Nixhex
05-29-2009, 05:18 PM
I like old 311 too.

New 311 that sounds like the old school.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/47ylJMzS05w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/47ylJMzS05w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Reaper16
05-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Nah, I don't see Vailpass doing it. Vailpass kicks political correctness in the nuts and then, based on reactions, refines his verbal poetry to :Poke: particular people with customized assaults on their over-sensitive PC sensibilities.
No, he is actually a scumbag racist. There is not one iota of wit or intelligence behind his posts. I can roll with good, PC-defying race humor all day long, but its not humor coming from him. He lives and breathes the stained worldview that his posts reveal.

And even if you were right, pretending to be a savage racist only to troll people is nearly as pathetic. He either needs to get a clue, or if you are right get a life.

Reaper16
05-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Anghellic is probably my favorite Tech album.

KcMizzou
05-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Anghellic is probably my favorite Tech album.
Likewise.

Buck
05-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Anghellic is everybody's favorite Album.

My fav is Absolute Power.

I love all his albums though.

Reaper16
05-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Anghellic is everybody's favorite Album.

My fav is Absolute Power.

Fallacious. ;) You are included in the term "everybody."

I do think that I love more songs on Absolute Power, and I might even love more still on Everready, but I find Anghellic to be the strongest album top-to-bottom.

Ceej
05-29-2009, 06:42 PM
I like all of his albums equally, for the most part.

But if I HAD to choose - I like Everready and Killer.

DJ's left nut
05-29-2009, 09:04 PM

Whatever man, I know who the fuck Tech N9ne is. 311 sucks donkey balls, I went to that show to see T9 specifically.

As to the rest of that wild-assed tangent of yours, I never said the guy ate babies or anything, I said his show sucked. I was there with 4 of my boys from high school that were all die hard fans and to a man we thought the show was bad. I'm sorry if I have somehow impugned the honor of your hero, maybe it was too MFing hot that day or maybe he just didn't feel up to it, but it was a goddamn awful show.

The rest of it is noise. I'm sure he's a great guy. I've never doubted his talent. I've never said the guy's never in his life put on a decent performance. I said the concert I attended was an absolute piece of shit and I stand by that. Y'know why I can do that? Because I was there. So stowe all the rest of your little rant, it's beyond immaterial. I witnessed this abortion of a concert and you evidently did not, so all the non-sequiters in the world regarding his benevolence and talent mean exactly dick to me.

blazzin311
05-29-2009, 09:04 PM
To be honest there really is no wrong choice as to which album is his best. All of them have been pretty damn good for the most part.

Reaper16
05-30-2009, 01:53 PM
so all the non-sequiters in the world regarding his benevolence and talent mean exactly dick to me.
Just like your posts to us.

Buck
10-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Just bought tickets for september 24 for his KOD tour. Anyone else going to a show on this tour? If you've never been to a Tech concert I'd recommend it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
10-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Just bought tickets for september 24 for his KOD tour. Anyone else going to a show on this tour? If you've never been to a Tech concert I'd recommend it.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm hittin' up the KC show (in Independence) on November 21. Its the last date on the K.O.D. tour, fittingly.

Priest31kc
10-10-2009, 01:04 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

He was in Columbia Tuesday, I couldn't make it though. And if you didn't think his shows could get any better, this tour is gunna be his best. Tech's got a new set, some parts of the set wont even fit in some venues, new equipment, an awesome new intro. I really really wish I could have gone.

And K.O.D. is going to be AWESOME. I have a feeling its gunna be his best album since Everready.

Reaper16
10-10-2009, 01:08 AM
He was in Columbia Tuesday, I couldn't make it though. And if you didn't think his shows could get any better, this tour is gunna be his best. Tech's got a new set, some parts of the set wont even fit in some venues, new equipment, an awesome new intro. I really really wish I could have gone.

And K.O.D. is going to be AWESOME. I have a feeling its gunna be his best album since Everready.
He only put out one album in between Everready and KOD, unless you're counting the Collabos albums for some reason.

Priest31kc
10-10-2009, 01:11 AM
He only put out one album in between Everready and KOD, unless you're counting the Collabos albums for some reason.

Yes Im counting them because they still are his albums, he's on every song, including a bunch of solos, and he picked the beats, features, hooks, everything.

But if you dont want to include those, I think K.O.D. will be much better than Killer.

ChiefsCountry
10-10-2009, 01:23 AM
I saw him in Springfield about 6 years ago. Thats when I am Playa was huge. It was pretty cool, I was just mainly trying to score so I dont remember much of the concert.

Buck
10-10-2009, 02:15 AM
If K.O.D. is better than Killer then sign me up. I love Killer, I think its one of his better albums.
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu
10-10-2009, 08:35 AM

What are these Collabos albums and should I be listening to them?

Reaper16
10-10-2009, 10:09 AM

Tech N9ne Collabos: Misery Loves Kompany
Tech N9ne Collabos: Sickology 101

They aren't quite solo albums -- more extended mixtapes with lots of guest appearances. They are definetely worth a listen; each one has some standout tracks. MLK, especially, is solid. The tracks "P.A.S.E.O." and "Midwest Choppers" are two of my favorite TEch songs.

Priest31kc
10-10-2009, 10:30 AM

MLK is great, I like it alot better than Sickology 101, I think Sickology is his worst album. Its still a good album, just not up to Tech standards.

I would definitely check both of them out, especially MLK.

Priest31kc
10-10-2009, 10:36 AM
If K.O.D. is better than Killer then sign me up. I love Killer, I think its one of his better albums.
Posted via Mobile Device

Killer is my least favorite Tech solo album. It disappointed me with all the hype he put into it, BUT like Sickology, its a very good album, just not up to the standards of Everready, and definitely not even close to Anghellic or AP IMO. He'll never ever top Anghellic or AP.

But yeah if yall havent checked out any of the released tracks from K.O.D. yet, here's a couple including a little music video he made for the fans:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mv19ffMv4bU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mv19ffMv4bU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r6FNB2Hy5j8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r6FNB2Hy5j8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2rafoVB7FKk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2rafoVB7FKk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

patteeu
10-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech N9ne Collabos: Misery Loves Kompany
Tech N9ne Collabos: Sickology 101

They aren't quite solo albums -- more extended mixtapes with lots of guest appearances. They are definetely worth a listen; each one has some standout tracks. MLK, especially, is solid. The tracks "P.A.S.E.O." and "Midwest Choppers" are two of my favorite TEch songs.

MLK is great, I like it alot better than Sickology 101, I think Sickology is his worst album. Its still a good album, just not up to Tech standards.

I would definitely check both of them out, especially MLK.

Thanks. I've heard Sickology and just didn't realize the distinction. I'll check out MLK when I get a chance.

nstygma
10-10-2009, 08:07 PM
i remember when cloudy eyed stroll and mitch bade came out

Simply Red
10-10-2009, 11:51 PM
wow, that's terrible.

nstygma
10-11-2009, 12:28 AM
yeah, on cassette nonetheless

Reaper16
10-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech's new album, K.O.D., leaked today. Its pretty good, though I think that its the least-good of his 5 big-time solo albums (Anghellic, Absolute Power, Everready, Killer and now KOD).

There's a track on the new album that is the audio of a Jason Whitlock interview with Krizz Kaliko. Jason intimates that Strange Music's success is a result of Tech's worship of Satan. Krizz just hangs up on him. Check it:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EH8oFaJ3ytM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EH8oFaJ3ytM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Buck
10-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech's new album, K.O.D., leaked today. Its pretty good, though I think that its the least-good of his 5 big-time solo albums (Anghellic, Absolute Power, Everready, Killer and now KOD).

There's a track on the new album that is the audio of a Jason Whitlock interview with Krizz Kaliko. Jason intimates that Strange Music's success is a result of Tech's worship of Satan. Krizz just hangs up on him. Check it:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EH8oFaJ3ytM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EH8oFaJ3ytM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Everytime I hear an album the first time through I think it is garbage.

Do you think there is a chance this will move up on the scale?

Reaper16
10-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Everytime I hear an album the first time through I think it is garbage.

Do you think there is a chance this will move up on the scale?
No.

Buck
10-22-2009, 07:09 PM
No.

Damn that sucks.

Well the 5th best Tech N9ne album is still better than any mainstream rap.

I'm going to T9 Show on this saturday, pretty pumped.

Reaper16
10-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Don't get me wrong, its a good album. I'd probably rate it 7/10.

Priest31kc
10-22-2009, 08:34 PM
K.O.D. is Tech's best album since Absolute Power. Amazing. It shits all over Killer and Sickology. Its EASILY his darkest album yet. Im kinda surprised by your reaction Reaper, this has gotten AWESOME reviews over on Siccness.net and a bunch of other rap forums. Even the most critical Tech fans are gushing about it.

I love it, theres not one bad song on there. After I first heard it, I was just stunned. Tech is truly the King of Darkness.

Reaper16
10-22-2009, 08:43 PM
K.O.D. is Tech's best album since Absolute Power. Amazing. It shits all over Killer and Sickology. Its EASILY his darkest album yet. Im kinda surprised by your reaction Reaper, this has gotten AWESOME reviews over on Siccness.net and a bunch of other rap forums. Even the most critical Tech fans are gushing about it.

I love it, theres not one bad song on there. After I first heard it, I was just stunned. Tech is truly the King of Darkness.
I'm don't think that there's a great song on the album, either. I think its a consistently strong album all throughout, and I've greatly enjoyed the 5 times I've listened to the album today. But there aren't any songs that jump out and take the album to a higher place. Killer at least had some standout tracks amidst its bloat.

Priest31kc
10-22-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm don't think that there's a great song on the album, either. I think its a consistently strong album all throughout, and I've greatly enjoyed the 5 times I've listened to the album today. But there aren't any songs that jump out and take the album to a higher place. Killer at least had some standout tracks amidst its bloat.

I respect your opinion bro, but your in the minority it seems like so far. Which is fine, music is all about opinions.

Reaper16
10-22-2009, 09:06 PM
I respect your opinion bro, but your in the minority it seems like so far. Which is fine, music is all about opinions.
Killer had a lot of first day/first week hype, too. Wait for the excitement to settle down a little.

Do you find any of KOD's tracks to stand out, particularly? Any tracks that could challenge for a top 10 spot amongst Tech's catalog?

Priest31kc
10-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Killer had a lot of first day/first week hype, too. Wait for the excitement to settle down a little.

Do you find any of KOD's tracks to stand out, particularly? Any tracks that could challenge for a top 10 spot amongst Tech's catalog?

Well the standout tracks to me are: K.O.D., Demons, Low, It was an Accident, Shadows on the Road, Hunterish and Leave me Alone.

And yes Killer had some excitement when it came out, but seriously nothing like this man. Like I said, there was a bunch of fans that were ready to give up on Tech because of Killer and Sickology, but this changed their minds and they were just blown away.

Tier 1 - Anghellic, Absolute Power, K.O.D., Vintage Tech (Im counting it)

Tier 2 - Everready, Calm Before the Storm, The Worst, MLK

Tier 3 - Killer and Sickology

Thats where I would rank his albums after hearing K.O.D.

Buck
10-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Should I feel like a douchebag because I really like Killer?

Reaper16
10-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Well the standout tracks to me are: K.O.D., Demons, Low, It was an Accident, Shadows on the Road, Hunterish and Leave me Alone.

And yes Killer had some excitement when it came out, but seriously nothing like this man. Like I said, there was a bunch of fans that were ready to give up on Tech because of Killer and Sickology, but this changed their minds and they were just blown away.

Tier 1 - Anghellic, Absolute Power, K.O.D., Vintage Tech (Im counting it)

Tier 2 - Everready, Calm Before the Storm, The Worst, MLK

Tier 3 - Killer and Sickology

Thats where I would rank his albums after hearing K.O.D.
Could you link me to some of this lavish praise? Because I can't in any way see how this is better than Everready (unless its an opinion held by some horrorcore fans or juggalos or something).

And do those songs from KOD really shine among the rest of Tech's catalog? Leave Me Alone and Show Me A God are almost really good -- the album's best tracks for me, and Low & Hunterish head up what really is an album without a bad track. Which is really saying something.

Reaper16
10-22-2009, 09:52 PM
No. I liked Killer a lot. I thought it should have been cut down to one disc, but it was in my top 5 favorite albums from last year.

KcMizzou
10-22-2009, 10:11 PM
I generally don't like an album as much the first time a hear it, as I do later.

The first time through, even my favorites now were like, "Damn, that's kinda cool."

The "Holy shit, this is awesome!" always tends to come later for me.

The key is finding something that I like enough to keep listening to it.

Priest31kc
10-23-2009, 02:25 AM

lol hell no man, I liked Killer too, its definitely a good album and it shits all over most of the mainstream stuff these days, but it just did not compare to his earlier work, same as Sickology.

Priest31kc
10-23-2009, 02:29 AM
Could you link me to some of this lavish praise? Because I can't in any way see how this is better than Everready (unless its an opinion held by some horrorcore fans or juggalos or something).

And do those songs from KOD really shine among the rest of Tech's catalog? Leave Me Alone and Show Me A God are almost really good -- the album's best tracks for me, and Low & Hunterish head up what really is an album without a bad track. Which is really saying something.

http://siccness.net/vb/index.php - pretty sure you got to make an account to view the posts

http://therealtechn9ne.ning.com/forum

Saccopoo
10-23-2009, 03:26 AM
It's been a long while since I've gone, but he put on a hell of a show when I went around New Years 2003 with a fever.

That's like saying I went to a Cars concert on acid in '89 and it kicked ass.

Fever makes a person delusional.

jidar
10-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Killer is my least favorite Tech solo album. It disappointed me with all the hype he put into it, BUT like Sickology, its a very good album, just not up to the standards of Everready, and definitely not even close to Anghellic or AP IMO. He'll never ever top Anghellic or AP.

But yeah if yall havent checked out any of the released tracks from K.O.D. yet, here's a couple including a little music video he made for the fans:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mv19ffMv4bU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mv19ffMv4bU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r6FNB2Hy5j8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r6FNB2Hy5j8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2rafoVB7FKk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2rafoVB7FKk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's hot stuff.

Tech n9ne has such intelligent lyrics. A lot better than the ballin, money, bitches and hoes crap that gets on the radio all the time. Not that he doesn't do that well too. heh

Priest31kc
10-23-2009, 01:40 PM
^^^^Yep and those aren't even the best songs on the album, Like I Died aint even on the album, it's a bonus track.

blazzin311
10-23-2009, 01:44 PM

This is so true. :clap:

Buck
10-25-2009, 02:02 AM
Holy shit. If I went to a Tech N9ne concert every day I would lose so much weight. Jumping up and down the whole time. My favorite part of the show was when he got the whole crowd singing bohemian rhapsody acapella style.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
10-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Holy shit. If I went to a Tech N9ne concert every day I would lose so much weight. Jumping up and down the whole time. My favorite part of the show was when he got the whole crowd singing bohemian rhapsody acapella style.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tell us moar.

Buck
10-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Tell us moar.

What would you like to know?

Reaper16
10-25-2009, 05:54 PM
What would you like to know?
review the show duh

Buck
10-25-2009, 05:55 PM
review the show duh

It was basically awesome except for a part in the middle when Kutt Calhoun sang a slow song.

Reaper16
10-25-2009, 06:10 PM
It was basically awesome except for a part in the middle when Kutt Calhoun sang a slow song.
Do you remember the setlist?

Buck
10-25-2009, 06:27 PM

They played for like 2 hours so I dont remember everything.

Some songs I remember they played

Riotmaker, Black Boy, Bout to Bubble, Crybaby, I'm a Playa, He played 3 songs from KOD which Ive never heard, Salue (Big Scoob was there), That DoDo song by Krizz Kalliko, Areola

I cant really remember anything else.

Buck
10-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Also "The Beast" and "Einstein"

Priest31kc
10-26-2009, 02:28 AM

Like I Died
Chip on My Shoulder
Too Much - Kutt's verse
Midwest Choppers
Ghetto Love
Fan or Foe
Black Boy
Riotmaker
Welcome to the Midwest
The Beast
Einstein
b-walk set
Bout ta Bubble
Whoop D Whoop
I See It
Bunk Rock Bitch
Smilin Faces
Doe Doe
Misunderstood
50 Cent Birthday Intro
Happy Birthday
Anxiety
Crybaby
Big Scoob
Salue
Blackened the Sun - two verses
Leave Me Alone
Strange Music Box feat. Krizz Kaliko
Caribou Lou intro
Caribou Lou
Bohemian Rhapsody acapella
Imma Tell acapella
T9X acapella
Come Gangsta acapella
Midwest Choppers II acapella
Seven Words acapella
party chant
Ima Playa
Now It's On verse
Imma Tell verse
My Wife, My Bitch, My Girl verse
DJ Chill scratch break
Areola chant
Areola
Like Yeah
Everybody Move
Ludacris Move Bitch chant
END SHOW

patteeu
10-26-2009, 05:48 AM
Where'd you get that setlist Priest31kc? Is it close to accurate for Tech's current tour? If so, thanks for posting it.

Buck
10-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Like I Died
Chip on My Shoulder
Too Much - Kutt's verse
Midwest Choppers
Ghetto Love
Fan or Foe
Black Boy
Riotmaker
Welcome to the Midwest
The Beast
Einstein
b-walk set
Bout ta Bubble
Whoop D Whoop
I See It
Bunk Rock Bitch
Smilin Faces
Doe Doe
Misunderstood
50 Cent Birthday Intro
Happy Birthday
Anxiety
Crybaby
Big Scoob
Salue
Blackened the Sun - two verses
Leave Me Alone
Strange Music Box feat. Krizz Kaliko
Caribou Lou intro
Caribou Lou
Bohemian Rhapsody acapella
Imma Tell acapella
T9X acapella
Come Gangsta acapella
Midwest Choppers II acapella
Seven Words acapella
party chant
Ima Playa
Now It's On verse
Imma Tell verse
My Wife, My Bitch, My Girl verse
DJ Chill scratch break
Areola chant
Areola
Like Yeah
Everybody Move
Ludacris Move Bitch chant
END SHOW

None of these were at the show I went to.
The order of these songs wasn't how they were at the show I went to.
These songs were just the DJ, Tech N9ne had already left the stage.

Buck
10-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Where'd you get that setlist Priest31kc? Is it close to accurate for Tech's current tour? If so, thanks for posting it.

Sounds pretty accurate

Buck
10-26-2009, 10:01 AM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs002.snc3/10935_161063922414_691042414_2834096_3424138_n.jpg

Priest31kc
10-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Sounds pretty accurate

yeah its mostly accurate, its going to vary from show to show, for example he did This Ring accapella in Columbia, and he didn't in other cities.

Priest31kc
10-27-2009, 04:49 PM
For the Tech fans, official music video for Leave Me Alone....getting regular rotation on MTVJAMS.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a-BaUYL__uw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a-BaUYL__uw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

blazzin311
10-27-2009, 05:14 PM
For the Tech fans, official music video for Leave Me Alone....getting regular rotation on MTVJAMS.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a-BaUYL__uw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a-BaUYL__uw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Sweet vid. :clap:

Chocolate Hog
10-27-2009, 05:23 PM
I wanan go to the Tech9ne/Slaughterhouse concert but tickets are expensive

Buck
10-27-2009, 05:29 PM
My ticket was only $20, wtf?

Priest31kc
10-27-2009, 05:30 PM
I wanan go to the Tech9ne/Slaughterhouse concert but tickets are expensive

Umm they're like 25 bucks TOPS.

Oh and Slaughterhouse is AWFUL live, just awful. Complete opposite of the best live rap act in Tech.

patteeu
10-27-2009, 06:19 PM
My ticket was only $20, wtf?

Oh and Slaughterhouse is AWFUL live, just awful. Complete opposite of the best live rap act in Tech.

Tickets for the KC show (in Independence) are $34 IIRC. He'll be in East St. Louis on Nov. 6 for $20 though.

Buck
10-27-2009, 06:23 PM

THIS x INFINITY

SOOOOOOO BAD.

Joe Budden was high on Heroin or something, Royce da 5'9" seemed like he didn't give a shit, but the other 2 were okay.

blazzin311
10-27-2009, 06:34 PM
THIS x INFINITY

SOOOOOOO BAD.

Joe Budden was high on Heroin or something, Royce da 5'9" seemed like he didn't give a shit, but the other 2 were okay.

That's too bad. I've like a few of they're songs I've heard before. Must be one of those groups that just suck when you see them live maybe?

Reaper16
11-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Saw the KOD tour finale last night at the new Independence Events Center. The concert was filmed for a live DVD.

Irv Da Phenom, a KC artist, was the first of 4 opening acts. Pretty good stuff, if overly influenced by the ATL scene. They were the best opener.

Glasses Malone, a Cash Money Records signee, was awful. Jesus, that was bad. No skills, bad songs, annoying sound of glass breaking every three minutes from his shitty DJ.

Stevie Stone is from St. Louis and wore a Cards hat on stage. Fuck that guy.

Slaughterhouse, I hoped, would be better live than their lackluster records. All 4 rappers are good, but the album was weaker than the sum of its parts. The live show was not better than the record, it was markedly worse. They had no stage presence and half the set was dedicated to talking about their home cities.

Tech's setlist was even more dominated by short snippets of songs than in concerts past. This helped keep the energy up, but at the sacrifice of doing service to the material. Kutt and Krizz had almost as many full-length songs as Tech did, amazingly enough. Also, for the KOD tour there was exactly one medley of KOD songs. Thankfully they did most of "Strange Music Box." The cutest moment was Tech seeing if the hometown audience knew the depth of his catalog by busting out some acapella snippets of songs and testing the audience to complete the line. When we knew it he's yell "That's how I know my real fans are in the house!" Best one of those tests was when Tech simply said "Bum-bum-bumbum" and everyone recognized it as 'Planet Rock' so we went "TECJ N9NE!" We were met with an emphatic "THAT'S HOW I KNOW MY TRUE FANS ARE IN THE HOUSE!"

Tech & crew, as always, prove that they put on the best concerts in hip hop.

Priest31kc
11-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Saw the KOD tour finale last night at the new Independence Events Center. The concert was filmed for a live DVD.

Irv Da Phenom, a KC artist, was the first of 4 opening acts. Pretty good stuff, if overly influenced by the ATL scene. They were the best opener.

Glasses Malone, a Cash Money Records signee, was awful. Jesus, that was bad. No skills, bad songs, annoying sound of glass breaking every three minutes from his shitty DJ.

Stevie Stone is from St. Louis and wore a Cards hat on stage. **** that guy.

Slaughterhouse, I hoped, would be better live than their lackluster records. All 4 rappers are good, but the album was weaker than the sum of its parts. The live show was not better than the record, it was markedly worse. They had no stage presence and half the set was dedicated to talking about their home cities.

Tech's setlist was even more dominated by short snippets of songs than in concerts past. This helped keep the energy up, but at the sacrifice of doing service to the material. Kutt and Krizz had almost as many full-length songs as Tech did, amazingly enough. Also, for the KOD tour there was exactly one medley of KOD songs. Thankfully they did most of "Strange Music Box." The cutest moment was Tech seeing if the hometown audience knew the depth of his catalog by busting out some acapella snippets of songs and testing the audience to complete the line. When we knew it he's yell "That's how I know my real fans are in the house!" Best one of those tests was when Tech simply said "Bum-bum-bumbum" and everyone recognized it as 'Planet Rock' so we went "TECJ N9NE!" We were met with an emphatic "THAT'S HOW I KNOW MY TRUE FANS ARE IN THE HOUSE!"

Tech & crew, as always, prove that they put on the best concerts in hip hop.

That's awesome man, told ya Slaughterhouse sucked lol. Tech of course, is the best.

Oh and Stevie Stone is from Columbia, MO actually..

Reaper16
11-23-2009, 11:14 AM
I'd heard that, but he was all STL in attire and song references, so fuck him.

Buck
11-23-2009, 12:40 PM
The finale sounds exactly like the one I saw in SD. Stevie Stone and Slaughterhose sucked.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chocolate Hog
11-23-2009, 12:46 PM
That's awesome man, told ya Slaughterhouse sucked lol. Tech of course, is the best.

Slaughterhouse doesn't suck, There mixtape songs are better then the album though.

Priest31kc
11-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Slaughterhouse doesn't suck, There mixtape songs are better then the album though.

I meant they sucked live, which they do. I don't really listen to much of their shit though.