PDA

View Full Version : Education Any Northwest (Missouri State) grads? What do you think of...

Mizzou_8541
05-18-2009, 09:14 AM
...the debacle that is our current Board of Regents. I just want to get peoples' thoughts if they have any insight.

Edit: only 5 are part of the debacle. From what I understand, the others are good.

Demonpenz
05-18-2009, 09:25 AM
It has been embarrassing for sure, no wonder why that school in st joe is beating our ass

Mizzou_8541
05-18-2009, 09:28 AM
It has been embarrassing for sure, no wonder why that school in st joe is beating our ass

They certainly will be soon. I wonder just how politicized the Board really is and I wonder if the new president will like to work with a Board that is controlled by Sam Graves, et. al...

steelyeyed57
05-18-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm a NW grad, but I guess I haven't kept up. What happened?

Mizzou_8541
05-18-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm a NW grad, but I guess I haven't kept up. What happened?

See my above post.

In a nutshell, the Board is operating within a hair of violating the Sunshine Laws. They are making personnel decisions behind the president's back, they are misrepresenting their political affiliations to be placed on the Board.

Also, the board president threatened the student senate president to withdraw a resolution, and he also (I'm speculating and this is a rumor) put his own personal choice for the president's replacement as a candidate when no one else on the search committee wanted him.

I'm sure a lot of other stuff as well that I have no clue about.

vailpass
05-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Will any of this affect their BCS eligibility?

Iowanian
05-18-2009, 11:11 AM
I have no idea what is going on. I don't pay that much attention.

I know the campus had changed a bunch since I graduated.

Reaper16
05-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Its a mess. I have some speculative inside info that I don't want to share in a public forum. All I'll say is that the Board has been manipulative and stepping out of bounds, imo. What Mizzou said about the Board adding their own candidate to the finalists for President is, from everything I've heard, true.

Iowanian
05-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Don't worry, they'll have it explainable in time for the next fund raising campaign.

Mizzou_8541
05-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Don't worry, they'll have it explainable in time for the next fund raising campaign.

From what I understand, donations have decreased...possibly significantly due to the Board's treatment of outgoing president.

Mizzou_8541
05-18-2009, 12:37 PM
Its a mess. I have some speculative inside info that I don't want to share in a public forum. All I'll say is that the Board has been manipulative and stepping out of bounds, imo. What Mizzou said about the Board adding their own candidate to the finalists for President is, from everything I've heard, true.

That is unfortunate considering how much the current/outgoing president has done for the University.

Chief Henry
05-18-2009, 01:04 PM
They do have a kick ass football program.

Reaper16
05-18-2009, 01:09 PM
That is unfortunate considering how much the current/outgoing president has done for the University.
The board, for whatever reason, has a significant anti-Hubbard bias.

Bill Lundberg
05-18-2009, 01:13 PM
They will have a hard time finding someone better than Hubbard to fill that role, no matter how they go about hiring said person.

Mizzou_8541
05-21-2009, 04:13 PM
The board, for whatever reason, has a significant anti-Hubbard bias.

John Jasinski (sp?) hired as the new president today...he was the Board of Regent's president's personal pick and NOBODY else on the selection committee wanted him. Talk about destroying an excellent local university in a day!

This is the same man (Jasinski) that was fired several years ago from Northwest by the last administration! Sad day for Northwest.

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 04:35 PM
John Jasinski (sp?) hired as the new president today...he was the Board of Regent's president's personal pick and NOBODY else on the selection committee wanted him. Talk about destroying an excellent local university in a day!

This is the same man (Jasinski) that was fired several years ago from Northwest by the last administration! Sad day for Northwest.
Goddamnit. I'm going to throw up.

Mizzou_8541
05-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Goddamnit. I'm going to throw up.

So much for a "non-partisan" BOR's! ROFL

I am amazed that this happened. To most, this is no big deal, but to anyone who has been following this closely it is just a trainwreck...and a circus.

He certainly has big shoes to fill.

Not that this is a big indicator of the type of president he will be, but when I was listening to his "town hall" interview, he was using powerless language with nearly every sentence. For example- "Blah, blah, blah, do you see what I'm saying?" "Blah, blah, blah, right?"

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 04:49 PM
I hope that my degree doesn't become a joke. Northwest is a good school with great people, but I'm really worried about the future of the university with this BoR insanity.

Mizzou_8541
05-21-2009, 04:50 PM
I hope that my degree doesn't become a joke. Northwest is a good school with great people, but I'm really worried about the future of the university with this BoR insanity.

IMHO, it will remain a very good degree because of people like you. Once the bar has been dropped (it got lowered a LOT today) it will take several years for it to trickle out into the community.

Mizzou_8541
05-21-2009, 04:53 PM

Did you know that 4 of the VP's on the President's cabinet have either retired or taken other jobs?

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Did you know that 4 of the VP's on the President's cabinet have either retired or taken other jobs?
I knew about 3 of them until this post. I had missed where Ray Courter announced his retirement.

NWMSU is going to look and feel like a different institution very soon.

Mizzou_8541
05-21-2009, 05:20 PM
I knew about 3 of them until this post. I had missed where Ray Courter announced his retirement.

NWMSU is going to look and feel like a different institution very soon.

I feel like someone just kicked my dog. :D