PDA

View Full Version : Religion Michael Travesser (Strong City)

petegz28
05-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Intersting shows on the Natl. Geo. channel last night about this pervert. I had heard little about him beforehand but this guy and his followers are simply beyond belief.

Anyhow, can anyone with some legal background, banyon, educate me as to why the fact that this guy had "encounters" with other girls as well as married women on the compound was never brought up in the court case? I realize the charges he was on trial for were specific to two girls, so is that why none of the rest could be brought to the jury or did the prosecution just drop the ball?

Secondly, also from a legal aspect, how is it NOT "sexual" to lay naked in a bed with a minor who is also naked regardless of where you may or may have not touched?

KC native
05-18-2009, 12:06 PM
For the first point I'm pretty sure it's dependent on people to testify against him for those charges. Without the testimony of others those charges are based on hearsay and would be dismissed very quickly. Also, if they start to bring that evidence in and then the defense calls someone involved and they deny it then the prosecution's case takes a big hit.

On the second point I have no idea.

banyon
05-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Intersting shows on the Natl. Geo. channel last night about this pervert. I had heard little about him beforehand but this guy and his followers are simply beyond belief.

Anyhow, can anyone with some legal background, banyon, educate me as to why the fact that this guy had "encounters" with other girls as well as married women on the compound was never brought up in the court case? I realize the charges he was on trial for were specific to two girls, so is that why none of the rest could be brought to the jury or did the prosecution just drop the ball?

Secondly, also from a legal aspect, how is it NOT "sexual" to lay naked in a bed with a minor who is also naked regardless of where you may or may have not touched?

I don't know anything about this case and just saw this. I will look it up and get back to you.