PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Obama's Militaristic Youth Corps Commercial

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Taken off You Tube by the Feds.
Where's the transparency? Alarming and totalitarian.

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=57605355">Obama's Militaristic Youth Corp Commercial</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=57605355,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=57605355,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

KC Dan
05-19-2009, 05:53 PM
You could replace the historical pictures/vids with nazi propaganda - seemlessly. scary, scary stuff.

Nightwish
05-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Are you trying to supplant patteeu as the high potentate of fear-mongering and alarmism? During the Bush era, it was, "Terrorists are gonna gets us, they're behind every corner!" Now it's, "The Commies are gonna get us, they're behind every corner!" Is that what we have to look forward to from you for the next however many years?

stevieray
05-19-2009, 05:55 PM
brownshirts are now redjackets?

Donger
05-19-2009, 05:56 PM
I don't know. That seems rather innocuous.

***SPRAYER
05-19-2009, 05:57 PM
You could replace the historical pictures/vids with nazi propaganda - seemlessly. scary, scary stuff.

Yup. I wonder who the American Ernst Rohm will be? He'll have plenty of cute boys to sodomize.

Nightwish
05-19-2009, 05:57 PM
brownshirts are now redjackets?
Better stop wearing your red Elvis jumpsuit. The Commies will getcha!

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 05:58 PM
I see you got nuthin' nightwish. Argue the points not the poster.
Nightwish, are you trying to supplant Iowanian as the new personal attack dog?

If you don't see the fascism in this, then I suggest you return to Ireland because you won't fit in America.

stevieray
05-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Is that what we have to look forward to from you for the next however many years?

:deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee:

stevieray
05-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Better stop wearing your red Elvis jumpsuit. The Commies will getcha!

EDIT*..uncalled for...

It bums me out to know that it lives under your skin.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 06:01 PM

Exactly! Mandatory youth service is simply—slavery.
And the hallmark of bad regimes.

BucEyedPea
I don't know. That seems rather innocuous.

Then why did the Feds have it taken down off of You Tube?
If it's so innocuous...then leave it up.

Donger
Exactly! Mandatory youth service is simply—slavery.
And the hallmark of bad regimes.

Mandatory?

Brock
05-19-2009, 06:03 PM
There isn't anything mandatory about it.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Mandatory?

Yes it is mandatory.

"It is not a draft. It is a universal service."-Rahm Emanuel

Here's Rahm, a citizen of Israel, telling us a mandatory boot-camp is necessary for every child to be instructed in how to worship the state.

Obama, Emanuel, and Eric Holder think inalienable rights do not exist. Instead of natural rights, we are given selected bits rights. You may think it's sensationalism but there are amazing similarities when you see other footage where black males and or celebrities pledge to obey His Greatness.

Nightwish
05-19-2009, 06:09 PM

If you don't see the fascism in this, then I suggest you return to Ireland because you won't fit in America.
Am I supposed to see fascism in a bunch of kids acting like cheerleaders, interspersed with images of Ghandi, JFK, Mother Teresa and the Wright Brothers? Because that's what I saw. I guess we see what we want to see. You want to see fascism, so that's what you see. I just don't understand why it is that you want to see fascism and communism everywhere you look. It's fear-mongering, nothing more. I guess some people need to be constantly living in fear, constantly railing against some imagined enemy just to give their lives meaning. Some of us don't.

Donger
05-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Yes it is mandatory.

"It is not a draft. It is a universal service."-Rahm Emanuel

Here's Rahm, a citizen of Israel, telling us a mandatory boot-camp is necessary for every child to be instructed in how to worship the state.

Obama, Emanuel, and Eric Holder think inalienable rights do not exist. Instead of natural rights, we are given selected bits rights. You may think it's sensationalism but there are amazing similarities when you see other footage where black males and or celebrities pledge to obey His Greatness.

I remember reading that Emanuel wanted it to be mandatory, but I've not read anything since then.

So, perhaps you have some evidence to support your assertion beyond that?

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 06:11 PM
There isn't anything mandatory about it.

Link?

SNR
05-19-2009, 06:14 PM
There isn't anything mandatory about it.If any such program were started up like this, would it matter if it were mandatory or not? Can you imagine if say, 80% of kids went into civil service after high school and what would happen to the 20% who chose not to go? On a job application? "Let's see... qualifications good... oooohhhh you didn't do Civil Service. That doesn't look good."

SNR
05-19-2009, 06:16 PM
By the way, I can think of a program like this already in place in this country that's non-mandatory. It's called the Peace Corps. Ever hear of it?

Thig Lyfe
05-19-2009, 06:17 PM

:rolleyes:

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 06:18 PM
I remember reading that Emanuel wanted it to be mandatory, but I've not read anything since then.

So, perhaps you have some evidence to support your assertion beyond that?
I posted lines from the GIVE act before, iirc.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 06:19 PM
By the way, I can think of a program like this already in place in this country that's non-mandatory. It's called the Peace Corps. Ever hear of it?

It should also be abolished too. All kids between certain ages are not required to join either.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 06:20 PM
If any such program were started up like this, would it matter if it were mandatory or not? Can you imagine if say, 80% of kids went into civil service after high school and what would happen to the 20% who chose not to go? On a job application? "Let's see... qualifications good... oooohhhh you didn't do Civil Service. That doesn't look good."

It's also just an expansion of the state and puts more kids under the influence of govt. The lure is that they'll get college free and other goodies. Next it'll be mandatory day-care.

Brock
05-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Link?

You need a link to know it isn't mandatory?

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Obama's original change.gov website stated that Americans would be required to complete 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year. The text was only later changed to state that Americans would be encouraged to undertake such programs. ( After uproar about it being involuntary servitude.)

The language of the legislation is written to open the door under Section 6104 of the bill, entitled Duties, in Subsection B6. Section 120 of the bill also discusses the Youth Engagement Zone Program and states that service learning will be a mandatory part of the curriculum in all of the secondary schools served by the local educational agency. Now why would that be mandatory to learn?

PART III – INNOVATIVE DEMONSTRATION SERVICE-LEARNING PROGRAMS AND RESEARCH

SEC. 120. INNOVATIVE DEMONSTRATION SERVICE-LEARNING PROGRAMS AND RESEARCH.

(2) YOUTH ENGAGEMENT ZONE – The term youth engagement zone means the area in which a youth engagement zone program is carried out.

(3) YOUTH ENGAGEMENT ZONE PROGRAM – The term youth engagement zone program means a service learning program in which members of an eligible partnership described in paragraph (4) collaborate to provide coordinated school-based or community-based service learning opportunities, to address a specific community challenge, for an increasing percentage of out-of-school youth and secondary school students served by local educational agencies where –

(A) not less than 90 percent of the students participate in service-learning activities as part of the program; or

(B) service-learning is a mandatory part of the curriculum in all of the secondary schools served by the local educational agency.

chagrin
05-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Where, anywhere, can you provide a link that it's mandatory, pea?

Nightwish
05-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Then why did the Feds have it taken down off of You Tube?
If it's so innocuous...then leave it up.
I'll shoot that question right back at you - if it's an ad for an Obama program, as you seem to be suggesting, and advocates something that Obama wants for the country, then why would the Feds take it down?

chagrin
05-19-2009, 06:29 PM
I don't like the guy - at all, but I don't see this as anything creepy...just typical idealism

Brock
So I was right, it isn't mandatory.

Nightwish
Obama's original change.gov website stated that Americans would be required to complete 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year. The text was only later changed to state that Americans would be encouraged to undertake such programs. ( After uproar about it being involuntary servitude.)
Link? Or do you expect us to take your word for it?

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 06:31 PM
So I was right, it isn't mandatory.

"We should be owned, as soldiers are by the army, and our pride would rise accordingly." ~ William James, The Moral Equivalent of War

The quote above is taken from an essay that The Corporation for National and Community Service (www.nationalservice.org) takes as one of its founding documents.

And this is being directed nationally to the schools. What's that?

Brock
05-19-2009, 06:32 PM
"We should be owned, as soldiers are by the army, and our pride would rise accordingly." ~ William James, The Moral Equivalent of War

The quote above is taken from an essay that The Corporation for National and Community Service (www.nationalservice.org) takes as one of its founding documents.

Is that your way of admitting you were wrong?

Brock
05-19-2009, 06:36 PM
"And this is being directed nationally to the schools. What's that?

Do you think military recruiters should be allowed to visit high schools?

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Link? Or do you expect us to take your word for it?

I expect you to listen to what Obama first said himself when he wanted to mandate 50 hours of community service per year for middle and high school students. The offered a $4,000 federal-funded tuition credit in exchange for 100 hours per year from college students which labor would become a mandatory part of getting a degree.

Here's something on the scrubbed version ( saved as a PDF) and the changed version. It's just lawyerspeak for the same thing.

Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year.

Scrubbed:
Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by setting a goal that all middle school and high school students do 50 hours of community service a year and by developing a plan so that all college students who conduct 100 hours of community service receive a universal and fully refundable tax credit ensuring that the first $4,000 of their college education is completely free.

http://overlawyered.com/2008/11/community-service-yep-mandatory/

The bill passed. The language opens the door buy making it mandatory to learn it which is for labor. And the other section I cited earlier Section 6104 of the bill, entitled Duties, does the same thing but is written in a way to not raise eyebrows for now but leads to that. Connect the dots. These are politicians and lawyers.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Is that your way of admitting you were wrong?

No
It's mandatory but they just don't use that word.

The GIVE Act require the US government to develop a plan to implement a “mandatory service requirement for all able young people”.

Section 6104 of The Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education Act requires that a commission be established to investigate, “Whether a workable, fair, and reasonable mandatory service requirement for all able young people could be developed, and how such a requirement could be implemented in a manner that would strengthen the social fabric of the Nation and overcome civic challenges by bringing together people from diverse economic, ethnic, and educational backgrounds.”

If you believe that is innocent sounding language then you trust politicians waaaay too much. Because based on what Obama has said he wants it...and that's what they will find after their investigation. They're using verbal sleight of hand because there was an uproar earlier over this. And just look at that commercial. Why do you think they scrubbed it including the earlier language on their site. Commies and fascists are the biggest liars.

Jenson71
05-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Oh my God it's like the Boy Scouts. And we know what happens when Boy Scouts are accepted in countries. They kill people and wars are started.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Do you think military recruiters should be allowed to visit high schools?

That's not the topic. And learning military duties is not mandatory in the schools either—unlike this. Those are just recruiters.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Oh my God it's like the Boy Scouts. And we know what happens when Boy Scouts are accepted in countries. They kill people and wars are started.

Boy Scouts is a private organization. It is not the govt. It also is not something the govt pays a fee for in order to get into college. It is also not mandatory to learn boy scouting duties and services in the curriculum either. See the difference now.

Brock
05-19-2009, 06:51 PM
No
It's mandatory but they just don't use that word.

It isn't mandatory, period.

Brock
05-19-2009, 06:52 PM
That's not the topic. And learning military duties is not mandatory in the schools either—unlike this. Those are just recruiters.

It is the topic. It is the federal government trying to lure young people into doing something for their country.

Jenson71
05-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Boy Scouts is a private organization. It is not the govt. It also is not something the govt pays a fee for in order to get into college. It is also not mandatory to learn boy scouting duties and services in the curriculum either. See the difference now.

So it's like the fascist public school system where math is mandatory.

I was speaking of the "militaristic" part. Did you know they shoot guns in Boy Scout camps?

Brock
05-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Hatch, March 23: Consistent with our All-Volunteer Army and volunteer opportunities and individuals' choice in communities, nothing in this legislation is mandatory. This bill simply provides more Americans more choices and opportunities to give back to their neighborhoods and their country all through the means which they freely choose.

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/is_congress_creating_a_mandatory_public_service.html

Jenson71
05-19-2009, 06:55 PM
I see. When you voluntarily sign up, doing stuff becomes mandatory.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 06:59 PM
I see. When you voluntarily sign up, doing stuff becomes mandatory.

No when you voluntarily sign up with out the govt teaching you about it all in mandatory curriculum then it's different.

Now let's get back to the topic. Where is the transparency when the Obama Administration scrubbed that commercial off of You Tube. Just look at it!

SNR
05-19-2009, 06:59 PM

I was speaking of the "militaristic" part. Did you know they shoot guns in Boy Scout camps?When do you graduate? What if the government just told you to go do 100 hours of community service if you want your diploma? Would you just accept it and say, "eh, it's probably for the best"?

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:02 PM
It is the topic. It is the federal government trying to lure young people into doing something for their country.
I said earlier Obama wants it to be mandatory. The language is written in a way that opens the door to that. Part of it is already mandatory by making the training for it mandatory. And that is labor related.

Now lets get back on topic: Where's the transparency if the Feds scrubbed that commercial for it? They're hiding what they want. This isn't the first time.
And look at it. Then look at the old pics of the Youth Service in Germany. Those looked innocuous then too. Only I don't think this one looks that innocuous. It's state worship to the core.And it's militaristic.

Nightwish
05-19-2009, 07:02 PM
I expect you to listen to what Obama first said himself when he wanted to mandate 50 hours of community service per year for middle and high school students.
That's not actually what he said. He said that he would start a program that would make federal aid to schools contingent upon the schools developing a program for community service as outlined above. He's treating taxpayer dollars to public education as a reward and incentive for betterment programs, rather than as an obligation, as it has been considered up to now.

The offered a $4,000 federal-funded tuition credit in exchange for 100 hours per year from college students which labor would become a mandatory part of getting a degree.
Yes, and there's a huge difference between saying community service is mandatory, and saying community service will be rewarded (in this case, with a tuition credit). The version you're claiming is being implemented would amount to coercion. The version that is actually being implemented amounts to encouragement. Perhaps you don't see it, but there is a very large difference between the two.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:04 PM

I was speaking of the "militaristic" part. Did you know they shoot guns in Boy Scout camps?

You lack critical thinking skills. Mandatory curriculum for learning a subject is not the same as training to perform a service for the govt which is labor related.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:04 PM
That's not actually what he said. He said that he would start a program that would make federal aid to schools contingent upon the schools developing a program for community service as outlined above. He's treating taxpayer dollars to public education as a reward and incentive for betterment programs, rather than as an obligation, as it has been considered up to now.

Yes, and there's a huge difference between saying community service is mandatory, and saying community service will be rewarded (in this case, with a tuition credit). The version you're claiming is being implemented would amount to coercion. The version that is actually being implemented amounts to encouragement. Perhaps you don't see it, but there is a very large difference between the two.

I don't talk to folks with reading issues.

Jenson71
05-19-2009, 07:05 PM
When do you graduate? What if the government just told you to go do 100 hours of community service if you want your diploma? Would you just accept it and say, "eh, it's probably for the best"?

You mean hypothetically? I would say "this sucks, but not as much as math. Math really sucks." I'd rather spend 200 hours planting trees and doing landscaping projects in a park than 50 hours doing calculus.

Nightwish
When do you graduate? What if the government just told you to go do 100 hours of community service if you want your diploma? Would you just accept it and say, "eh, it's probably for the best"?
The government isn't saying that. The government is saying, "You don't have to do community service to graduate and get a diploma, but your school needs to have a community service program in place if it wants us to give it more money, but if it has the means to provide for its own expenses, cool beans!"

BucEyedPea
So now why would the Feds take that commercial off of You Tube?

I mean really if this is so innocuous why take it down?

Where's the transparency?

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:08 PM
‘(16) support institutions of higher education that engage students in community service activities, provide service-learning courses, and encourage or assist graduates to pursue careers in public service in the nonprofit or government sector; and

No wonder Obama's college graduation speeches are denouncing making money or financial success and wanting more govt workers instead. That way no one will vote them out and they hold onto power.

Jenson71
05-19-2009, 07:08 PM
You lack critical thinking skills. Mandatory curriculum for learning a subject is not the same as training to perform a service for the govt which is labor related.

I lack critical thinking skills? You can't even read a motherfucking bill. You can't even follow factcheck.org's analysis of the bill. You better start changing the subject to transparency.

alanm
05-19-2009, 07:09 PM
brownshirts are now redjackets?I thought they were Target employees.

Brock
05-19-2009, 07:10 PM
I said earlier Obama wants it to be mandatory. The language is written in a way that opens the door to that. Part of it is already mandatory by making the training for it mandatory. And that is labor related.

It isn't mandatory. None of it is mandatory. You were wrong.

Nightwish
05-19-2009, 07:11 PM
I don't talk to folks with reading issues.
I offer that it is you who is having reading issues:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_National_Service_Act

2008 Presidential Campaign

This bill has become the subject of blogosphere speculation in the 2008 Presidential Race after Democratic candidates Hillary Clinton (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton) and Barack Obama (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama) both appeared to give some support for such legislation. During an MTV/MySpace forum on February 19th, 2008, Hillary Clinton, when asked about education expenses, stated: “... that’s why I’m in favor of two years of national service, where you could earn up to $10,000 a year doing national service and go right into helping you pay for college.” In a follow up comment, Barack Obama then stated: “... one of the things that I’ve proposed, for example, is that I will give a $4000 tuition credit - every student, every year - so that they are not being loaded up with enormous debts, uh, but there will be a community service - a national service component. The military could be one way for you to get this $4000 tuition credit. Another way would be to work in an under-served school that needs help. Another way would be to work in an under-served hospital or a homeless shelter, or a veterans home. The point is, I think it is important for young people to serve.”

On July 2, 2008, in a speech (http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/07/02/obamas-remarks-on-service/) at Colorado Springs, Barack Obama (as presumptive Democratic Party nominee) made another reference to such legislation when he called for the creation of a nationwide civilian service program, by saying: "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." Obama used the term "civilian national security force" only in the spoken version of his speech, not in the original written version. Obama then went on to explain his vision of a national service program similar to the one he outlined in the MTV/MySpace forum, saying he would make federal assistance to schools contingent to school districts establishing service programs, with a goal of 50 hours of service per year for middle school and high school students, and 100 hours of service per year for college students. He also expanded on his proposed program, calling for all ages to participate in an expansion of existing voluntary national service programs, and creation of new ones, in many areas, such as infrastructure rebuilding, service to the elderly, and environmental cleanup. Obama's entire service program proposal quickly became controversial, largely for being mistaken as a call for a national paramilitary force, though the proposal's only reference to military service was to volunteer participation in regular U.S. Armed Forces (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Armed_Forces), as one activity that would qualify for inclusion under the program's umbrella.

On September 11 2008, at Columbia University, Democratic Presidential nominee Barack Obama addressed this further, saying (http://www.clipsandcomment.com/2008/09/11/transcript-servicenation-presidential-forum-at-columbia-university/), "But it’s also important that a president speaks to military service as an obligation not just of some, but of many. You know, I traveled, obviously, a lot over the last 19 months. And if you go to small towns, throughout the Midwest or the Southwest or the South, every town has tons of young people who are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. That’s not always the case in other parts of the country, in more urban centers. And I think it’s important for the president to say, this is an important obligation. If we are going into war, then all of us go, not just some."

However, Obama never actually said he supported a draft, or the specific bill that is currently stalled in Congress.
As you can see from the bolded section, that's a bit different from the way you portrayed it. Whether it was a reading issue on your part, or a deliberate omission, only you can say.

Brock
05-19-2009, 07:12 PM

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by City Year.

http://www.cityyear.org/default_ektid13307.aspx

I'll bet you can find the video right there on their website.

Nightwish
05-19-2009, 07:13 PM

I shot that question back at you, from a slightly different angle. Why haven't you answered it? For that matter, who says it was the Feds that pulled it from YouTube? I've only seen YOU saying that.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:14 PM
I lack critical thinking skills? You can't even read a mother****ing bill. You can't even follow factcheck.org's analysis of the bill. You better start changing the subject to transparency.

No I put a video up that promotes this which is militaristic and smacks of Hitler Youth and you endlessly derail the thread without ever a word on the original topic. And that is right there to see.

I don't just read the bill. I look at how it's written to be expanded on later. There is language there that does that explicitly. Why else have the training mandatory in the meantime? Then I take note of what Obama originally said including on his site that was later scrubbed but saved in a pdf. I look the Founding Document line too. That's basically the state owning your kids. Critical thinking is connecting all those dots together to see what's really being done. Get it.

It's mandatory and they will find a way in their investigation, you betcha'. But it may not need a new bill because the current one allows them to implement what they find. This is done to get around the criticism. Meanwhile, the training is mandatory and is being implemented because obviously, it's gonna be necessary.

alanm
05-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Am I supposed to see fascism in a bunch of kids acting like cheerleaders, interspersed with images of Ghandi, JFK, Mother Teresa and the Wright Brothers? Because that's what I saw. I guess we see what we want to see. You want to see fascism, so that's what you see. I just don't understand why it is that you want to see fascism and communism everywhere you look. It's fear-mongering, nothing more. I guess some people need to be constantly living in fear, constantly railing against some imagined enemy just to give their lives meaning. Some of us don't.
Da Comrade. :thumb:

Brock
05-19-2009, 07:16 PM
You said "the feds took it off of youtube". You were wrong about that too.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:18 PM

I didn't find anything there on it. No video either.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:18 PM
You said "the feds took it off of youtube". You were wrong about that too.

You didn't show me anything that proves otherwise.

Jenson71
05-19-2009, 07:19 PM
The Feds took over youtube, but they are having trouble with myspace:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=57605355

Iowanian
Will the Obamatler Youth be required to Goose Step for Dear Leader too?

Brock
You didn't show me anything that proves otherwise.

Sure I did.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:20 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HSWt7hOYYLY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HSWt7hOYYLY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:21 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KwL8rMvS3X4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KwL8rMvS3X4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jenson71
05-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Will the Obamatler Youth be required to Goose Step for Dear Leader too?

A new Loyalty Dance. Part of the new American Cultural Revolution.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:23 PM
A new Loyalty Dance. Part of the new American Cultural Revolution.

I like your choice of words. I see you like Chairman Mao too. ;)

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Sure I did.

Show me that part. Because other people have it up. They also have the original site words on required service because the pdf was available on that link I put up and I downloaded it.

Now what do you think of the commercial's content? THAT's community service. It looks like a miltary drill.

Brock
05-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Show me that part. Because other people have it up. They also have the original site words on required service because the pdf was available on that link I put up and I downloaded it.

It says so on the youtube page formerly inhabited by the video.

Nightwish
05-19-2009, 07:27 PM
No I put a video up that promotes this which is militaristic and smacks of Hitler Youth and you endlessly derail the thread without ever a word on the original topic. And that is right there to see.
You saw what you wanted to see.

I don't just read the bill. I look at how it's written to be expanded on later.
Or, stated more accurately: you look at how it's written, imagine the possible ways in which it may be expanded, and automatically conclude that the worst possible way (among many) in which it could be expanded is the way that it will be. Are you familiar with the slippery slope fallacy? You're committing it right now with grandeur!

Why else have the training mandatory in the meantime?
To what mandatory training are you referring?

Then I take note of what Obama originally said including on his site that was later scrubbed but saved in a pdf.
I think we've already established that you took liberties with reporting what he actually said.

I look the Founding Document line too.
First of all, that's not a "founding document" line. It's a timeline of the development of the concept of National Service. It's not an open-ended endorsement of every single word of every single document listed. They took some elements of James' work, some elements of other documents, and came up with their own version.

Critical thinking is connecting all those dots together to see what's really being done.
So why are you discouraging critical thinking, and instead insisting that we connect the dots in the same cherry-picked manner that you have done?

It's mandatory
What's mandatory?

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:27 PM
It says so on the youtube page formerly inhabited by the video.

Show me the page. BTW I didn't see it on You Tube.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Did you say something nightwish?

Nightwish
05-19-2009, 07:29 PM
<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/HSWt7hOYYLY&hl=en&fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>
In addition to the slippery slope fallacy, I also have to ask if you're familiar with Godwin's Law? Y'know, the one that pretty much kills any credibility you might have otherwise had the moment you have to resort to making Hitler comparisons? Really, you're killing yourself in this thread.

Nightwish
05-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Ooh, we do hate having our rhetoric punctured, don't we!!!

Jenson71
05-19-2009, 07:30 PM

Classic BEP. This needs to be formalized into a Chiefsplanet law.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:31 PM
'Eh Brock, do you know what the word "universal" means?

It means including or related to all in a group.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/universal

I gave you Rahm's quote that this is "universal service."

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:32 PM

I said it before someone who starts out with insults gets that treatment.

Jenson71
05-19-2009, 07:33 PM

Insults?

Nightwish
05-19-2009, 07:34 PM
But what she really means is, "I'm pissed at Nightwish, because he caught me posting an expurgated version of Obama's statements, then he had the gall to post the full version, which made me look bad!"

Brock
05-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Show me the page. BTW I didn't see it on You Tube.

I think you're lying, but here.

http://www.youtube.com/index?ytsession=AtX1QmfZ-dZzldiH4hBcGK-Lc2964x2W4APUv9eLpXw9D6DGmaLu26PmqemhkaeROKqiMAMF9RoZEpSbD-2A49Db7-csjJAyThtIHrnOXaErb5tWKsibC7UPA6ZHqtchkbnSIQo8MoTEQ-8JhJ34rL5ZjxcG5HLBMD19FNl7lWKx3LiIcPD7p6bgOwfK0QmVh8fNS3Pq5FevhuOIADj1Fd2BQeCGS-wquvku_W91ywcyezv1pC0JOQ

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:38 PM
I think you're lying, but here.
Oh really? Well I'm not. I'd be interested to know.

http://www.youtube.com/index?ytsession=AtX1QmfZ-dZzldiH4hBcGK-Lc2964x2W4APUv9eLpXw9D6DGmaLu26PmqemhkaeROKqiMAMF9RoZEpSbD-2A49Db7-csjJAyThtIHrnOXaErb5tWKsibC7UPA6ZHqtchkbnSIQo8MoTEQ-8JhJ34rL5ZjxcG5HLBMD19FNl7lWKx3LiIcPD7p6bgOwfK0QmVh8fNS3Pq5FevhuOIADj1Fd2BQeCGS-wquvku_W91ywcyezv1pC0JOQ
There's nothing there on that. There's mention of a video but it doesn't indicate what the video is.

Were you projecting on the lying?

Now if the Feds paid them for the commercial for their use, then why can't they play it?

Nightwish
05-19-2009, 07:41 PM

There's nothing there on that. There's mention of a video but it doesn't indicate what the video is.

Ohmigod! It's right at the top of the page, highlighted! Are you actually not seeing it, or are you just so desperate to believe the Feds pulled it that you refuse to acknowledge it?

Jenson71
05-19-2009, 07:42 PM
LMAO Brock lied! He's lying!

Nightwish
05-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Now if the Feds paid them for the commercial for their use, then why can't they play it?
Who says the Feds had anything to do with anything? Where are you coming up with this stuff? Jeezus!

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:47 PM
Give Act also requires uniforms too. LMAO

It's also modeled after Saul Alinsky’s “Peoples Organizations." A radical.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Insults?

See his first post. All ad hominem.

Jenson71
05-19-2009, 07:49 PM
It's okay, everybody. BEP has assured me there is no constitutional limit when it comes to our common defense. They should name this the Youth Common Defense Act and it would be fine.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:51 PM
It's okay, everybody. BEP has assured me there is no constitutional limit when it comes to our common defense. They should name this the Youth Common Defense Act and it would be fine.

Another whole language straw man being created. You chose the words no limits. I wouldn't allow children in the military.
Different types of fighting units yes. Equipment that defends yes.

Jenson71
05-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Your whole language phase has been quite amusing. I still have no idea what it means.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Your whole language phase has been quite amusing.

Well, where did I say "no limits." You assumed a reality I never communicated.

Cannibal
05-19-2009, 07:53 PM
This thread looks like chicken little paranoid bullshit to me.

Jenson71
05-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Well, where did I say "no limits." You assumed a reality I never communicated.

Tell me what fantasy this is:

Anything that provides for the common defense works there. There's no limit there.

:drool:

Brock
05-19-2009, 07:59 PM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=obama%27s+militaristic+youth+corp+commercial

Click on the very first link google brings up. It takes you to that page. There obviously is no amount of contortions you won't go through to avoid admitting you're wrong.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 08:09 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=obama%27s+militaristic+youth+corp+commercial

Click on the very first link google brings up. It takes you to that page. There obviously is no amount of contortions you won't go through to avoid admitting you're wrong.

Okay I can see that. Never know if it's an excuse though. Now why isn't the govt playing it if it's their commercial?

I am not wrong about the GIVE Act —not if you understand how bureacracies work.

"Anyone who understands bureaucracies knows they assume more and more power incrementally. "-- Ron Paul

Sorry but the language is there for that.

Cannibal
05-19-2009, 08:11 PM

That's true. She does it on a daily basis.

Nightwish
05-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Okay I can see that. Never know if it's an excuse though. Now why isn't the govt playing it if it's their commercial?
Probably because it's not the government's commercial. That's why that company sued to have it removed for Copyright infringement - because it's their commercial!

orange
05-19-2009, 08:25 PM
They're not doing a very good job of squelching the video. There are at least two other copies available on YouTube right now.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=obama%27s+militaristic+youth+corps+commercial&aq=f

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 08:27 PM
They're not doing a very good job of squelching the video. There are at least five other copies available on YouTube right now.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=obama%27s+militaristic+youth+corps+commercial&aq=f

You just blew Brock's copyright argument.

It looks to me that it was removed at one point.

orange
05-19-2009, 08:28 PM

Not really. Some of those have been shut down, others pop up.

It's like whack-a-mole.

It's down to two(?) active just since I posted that.

Posted by MrSilencemenot, resistancisnotfutile.

Sounds like your kind of folks.

Jenson71
05-19-2009, 08:30 PM

It looks to me that it was removed at one point.

It's just one laugh after another.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 08:56 PM

It's like whack-a-mole.

freedom folks :D :)

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 08:57 PM

It's like whack-a-mole.

Who is shutting them down?

Freedom lovers! I love it!

memyselfI
05-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Those who find this acceptable or not creepy, what would your take be if Ahmedinutjob ran commercials like this?

KILLER_CLOWN
05-19-2009, 09:31 PM
This will work similiar to vaccines where it's all color of law but not mandatory, just like not getting the vaccines. You can take an exemption but the school will kick your kid out of school and then trigger truancy therefore it's not a "Law" but you better well do it.

Pants
05-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Even if this WAS mandatory, so fucking what? Is Germany a communist state because it's mandatory for 18 year olds to either join the army or do community service? JFC.

KILLER_CLOWN
05-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Even if this WAS mandatory, so ****ing what? Is Germany a communist state because it's mandatory for 18 year olds to either join the army or do community service? JFC.

Is Germany The USA? How is Germanys history compared to ours? hmmm that's what i thought.

Pants
05-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Is Germany The USA? How is Germanys history compared to ours? hmmm that's what i thought.

Umm, Germans are well aware of their past and, I assure you, they feel very conscious of it and do everything possible not to repeat history. Why would you even bring it up, you ignorant clown?

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Even if this WAS mandatory, so ****ing what? Is Germany a communist state because it's mandatory for 18 year olds to either join the army or do community service? JFC.

No but it would be fascist. And that we the taxpayer have to fund it is another issue that puts into both those camps.

KILLER_CLOWN
05-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Umm, Germans are well aware of their past and, I assure you, they feel very conscious of it and do everything possible not to repeat history. Why would you even bring it up, you ignorant clown?

I'm half german dipshit, think before you speak.

Pants
05-19-2009, 09:47 PM
No but it would be fascist. And that we the taxpayer have to fund it is another issue that puts into both those camps.

OK

Austria, Brazil, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Mexico, Norway, Paraguay, Switzerland (your favorite country in the world) and many others are fascist states because they require military service.

Pants
05-19-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm half german dipshit, think before you speak.

ROFL

Have you been to Germany? Have you studied their culture? Do you even speak the language?

KILLER_CLOWN
05-19-2009, 09:48 PM
The funny part is if Bush had done this the libs would be up in arms and for good reason.

KILLER_CLOWN
05-19-2009, 09:49 PM
ROFL

Have you been to Germany? Have you studied their culture? Do you even speak the language?

I know the history well, I guess we should learn nothing from history right?

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 09:49 PM
The funny part is if Bush had done this the libs would be up in arms and for good reason.

Exactly!

Pants
05-19-2009, 09:50 PM
I know the history well, I guess we should learn nothing from history right?

So I take it the answer to all my questions is a resounding "No". Thanks, now shut the fuck up because, apparently, you know nothing about post 1950 Germany.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 09:51 PM
OK

Austria, Brazil, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Mexico, Norway, Paraguay, Switzerland (your favorite country in the world) and many others are fascist states because they require military service.

Um, I think we covered that this was children serving—not adults.

And Switzlerland is different because it's more like a citizen militia and it's only activated if attacked. Besides they all get to keep guns...hardly a fascist model.

KILLER_CLOWN
So I take it the answer to all my questions is a resounding "No". Thanks, now shut the **** up because, apparently, you know nothing about post 1950 Germany.

Yes I know about post 1950 Germany, swing too far one way then swing too far the other like a pendulum.

Pants
Exactly!

B...B...but Switzerland! The best country in the world! Fascist!

Pants
05-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Um, I think we covered that this was children serving—not adults.

And Switzlerland is different because it's more like a citizen militia and it's only activated if attacked. Besides they all get to keep guns...hardly a fascist model.

"Military service for Swiss men is obligatory according to the Federal Constitution, and includes 18 or 21 weeks of basic training (depending on troop category) as well as annual 3-week-refresher courses until a number of service days which increases with rank (260 days for privates) is reached. Service for women is voluntary, but identical in all respects. Conscientious objectors can choose 390 days of community service instead of military service. Medical deferments and dismissals from basic training (often on somewhat dubious grounds) have increased significantly in the last years. Therefore, only about 55% to 60% of Swiss men actually complete basic training."

It's mandatory. Conflict or no conflict.

BucEyedPea

How?

KILLER_CLOWN

Switzerland is not the USA and never will be.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Military service for Swiss men is obligatory according to the Federal Constitution, and includes 18 or 21 weeks of basic training (depending on troop category) as well as annual 3-week-refresher courses until a number of service days which increases with rank (260 days for privates) is reached. Service for women is voluntary, but identical in all respects. Conscientious objectors can choose 390 days of community service instead of military service. Medical deferments and dismissals from basic training (often on somewhat dubious grounds) have increased significantly in the last years. Therefore, only about 55% to 60% of Swiss men actually complete basic training.

Yeah! But are they HS kids? No
Is this about a draft? No.
I already know about their system but it's still more like a citizen army aka militia which is safer than a large standing army set up. Like I said they are armed citizens something Obama would never allow. That's the Swiss protection against the state. That removes it from fascism.

But we're not talking about dr

Pants
05-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Yes but Switzerland is not the USA and never will be.

Yeah, it's much better in many different ways and worse in others. So are post-consumerism countries like Denmark and Finland. My point, however is that they're not fascists states, not even close.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Yeah, it's much better in many different ways and worse in others. So are post-consumerism countries like Denmark and Finland. My point, however is that they're not fascists states, not even close.

Do they allow their citizens to have guns?
Denmark is pretty statist too. High taxes and pretty socialist, like much of Europe, although they've moved away from some of it. Some state run operations have been privatized.
So it has some fascism in it. I consider socialism and fascism to be very similar.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Finland also has a confiscatory tax rate. Sounds fascist.

"The Finnish mindset is collectivist.... It's that kind of mindset that makes it possible to have this sort of system." --sociology professor Riisto Erasaari of Helsinki University.

Their safety net is fraying too.

Pants
05-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Do they allow their citizens to have guns?
Denmark is pretty statist too. High taxes and pretty socialist, like much of Europe, although they've moved away from some of it. Some state run operations have been privatized.
So it has some fascism in it. I consider socialism and fascism to be very similar.

Fascism implies things like suppression of freedoms, censorship and even tyranny. Socialism is about eradicating the extremely wealthy and the extremely poor by having the government directly control the economy. Guess which countries were almost immune to the Great Depression and are more immune to the current world recession? Guess which countries score the highest in the quality of life as measured by their citizens' happiness?

Now, I think there are multiple ways of achieving happiness and spiritually I'm a huge supporter of Dr. Paul and his idea that the Constitution is the bible. I just think that his principles are completely unrealistic and models like Denmark, Finland, Sweden (and even Norway) are good ones to follow in the real world.

blaise
05-19-2009, 10:18 PM
That video wouldn't make me want to sign up. They look like some sort of nerdy cult.

KILLER_CLOWN
05-19-2009, 10:26 PM
That video wouldn't make me want to sign up. They look like some sort of nerdy cult.

Hey they could play Whip it by devo....when a problem comes along..you must whip it.

KILLER_CLOWN
05-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Fascism implies things like suppression of freedoms, censorship and even tyranny. Socialism is about eradicating the extremely wealthy and the extremely poor by having the government directly control the economy. Guess which countries were almost immune to the Great Depression and are more immune to the current world recession? Guess which countries score the highest in the quality of life as measured by their citizens' happiness?

Now, I think there are multiple ways of achieving happiness and spiritually I'm a huge supporter of Dr. Paul and his idea that the Constitution is the bible. I just think that his principles are completely unrealistic and models like Denmark, Finland, Sweden (and even Norway) are good ones to follow in the real world.

I can guarantee you Dr. Paul wouldn't propose something like this, it's all about personal freedom.

Pants
05-19-2009, 10:29 PM
I can guarantee you Dr. Paul wouldn't propose something like this, it's all about personal freedom.

I know, you dumbshit. That's why I said I believe in his principles in an ideal world, but they're not realistic. Do you even read what people post or do you see a key word and jump to conclusions?

KILLER_CLOWN
05-19-2009, 10:30 PM
I know, you dumbshit. That's why I said I believe in his principles in an ideal world, but they're not realistic. Do you even read what people post or do you see a key word and jump to conclusions?

Ya I read it, maybe you should join the youth corp and get rid of some of that dumbass aggression.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2009, 11:16 PM

Fascism is also increasing centralized control over a nation's people in the name of the public good or for the collective. It shares 6 of Marx's 10 planks. It can nationalize key industries and it regulates to micromanage private business for the public good. Ownership means the right to control but it is gone in a fascism. The end result is a collectivist one...it just collectivizes in a different manner. Liberty is severely reduced.Modern liberalism is fascism not classical liberalism. It is anti freedom.

And Switzlerland is less fascist than us right now.

Explain to me then why the Swedes and the Danes have moved away from some of their socialism then if it's so good. I thought our form of govt, one of liberty through small govt individual initiative was supposed to be the light of the world to follow.

Now toss in the Patriot Act, FISA, labeling certain groups "terrorists" because they're right wing ( btw it includes those with Paul or Constitution bumper stickers) and regulating the internet because it's has rogue political speech ( coming up next under the Ds), regulating how high executive pay can go and how private enterprise pays out bonuses ( not just to bailout companies). Sorry we live in a fascism today....and we're getting more.

Pants
05-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Explain to me then why the Swedes and the Danes have moved away from some of their socialism then if it's so good. I thought our form of govt, one of liberty through small govt individual initiative was supposed to be the light of the world to follow.

This is something that would take many hours to discuss, but I don't think small gov't and individual initiative would work in this day an age. Just imagine a world without FDA, no Clean Air Act, no Clean Water Act or a myriad of other regulations put in place by the big government. Imagine a world full of militia armies when someone like Hitler comes along. What about nuclear weapons. I just think, in this day and age, government regulations and control are a necessary evil.

BucEyedPea
05-20-2009, 01:52 AM
This is something that would take many hours to discuss, but I don't think small gov't and individual initiative would work in this day an age. Just imagine a world without FDA, no Clean Air Act, no Clean Water Act or a myriad of other regulations put in place by the big government. Imagine a world full of militia armies when someone like Hitler comes along. What about nuclear weapons. I just think, in this day and age, government regulations and control are a necessary evil.
Who said all govt regs should be done away with?

And yes, govt should increase as the society grows but it should maintain a balance by growing in proportion so liberty isn't killed. I guess you're for slavery. No wonder a Youth Service commercial doesn't bother you. Hitlers' come along when power is over centralized —not the other way around. In fact that's another argument for preventing too much centralization.

I getcha' though. Liberty is old fashioned and out-of-date.

memyselfI
05-20-2009, 06:30 AM

Volunteer mandatory service for your worthless children (obviously not worth much if you are willing to hand them over to the government no questions asked) or for your own lazy ass.

Keep your idea of what children should be expected to do with their lives away from my kids. They were not going to help Bush screw up this country and they aren't going to help Obummer do it either.

whatsmynameagain
05-20-2009, 06:48 AM
It's also just an expansion of the state and puts more kids under the influence of govt. The lure is that they'll get college free and other goodies. Next it'll be mandatory day-care.

replace state and govt with religion and its ok
Posted via Mobile Device

blaise
05-20-2009, 07:10 AM
replace state and govt with religion and its ok
Posted via Mobile Device

And the opposite of that is true with other people when it comes to this stuff.

dirk digler
05-20-2009, 08:42 AM
Wow BEP got absolutely owned in this thread. LMAO How embarrassing.

Anyway the only "mandatory" part of this program is if you want the $4000. To get something you have to give something back. But that is just like Hitler :rolleyes:

BucEyedPea
05-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Wow BEP got absolutely owned in this thread. LMAO How embarrassing.

Anyway the only "mandatory" part of this program is if you want the $4000. To get something you have to give something back. But that is just like Hitler :rolleyes:

Nope it's mandatory....it's just done in a covert manner. Govt Newspeak/propaganda. And that video is militaristic for children when they do such a drill. Why is that needed to help communities? I may have looked owned but you will be later because you've been sold a "bill of goods." The fact that some don't see it for what it really is shows the sad state of America. How far we have fallen with regard to being free. People actually want to be owned and have their children owned by the state by going to a govt boot camp for three months. So you and those supporting this are the ones who are owned. Classic projection. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Nightwish
05-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Nope it's mandatory....it's just done in a covert manner. And that video is militaristic for children when they do such a drill. Why is that needed to help communities? I may have looked owned but you will be later because you've been sold a "bill of goods." The fact that some don't see it for what it really is shows the sad state of America. How far we have fallen with regard to being free. People actually want to be owned.
:tinfoil:

dirk digler
05-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Nope it's mandatory....it's just done in a covert manner. And that video is militaristic for children when they do such a drill. Why is that needed to help communities? I may have looked owned but you will be later because you've been sold a "bill of goods." The fact that some don't see it for what it really is shows the sad state of America. How far we have fallen with regard to being free. People actually want to be owned.

He wants people to give back to their communities like he did. It is a noble concept and there is nothing wrong with it. What you fail to understand is we do some of this already. The government will pay for your college education if you go teach in a shitty school and it has been that way for a long time. We have the Peace Corps and AmeriCorp which do alot of things.

But I will add this I am in favor of some type of mandatory program and have been before I even knew about Obama. If it was up to me I would do like Isreal does and have people serve 2 years in the military or split it up into different programs. Then the government will pay for 2 years of college if that is all you serve. Win-win for everyone.

Dave Lane
05-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Taken off You Tube by the Feds.
Where's the transparency? Alarming and totalitarian.

OMG that almost looked like a recruitment ad for any branch of the military or the 47th St Cobras! Amazing such horrifying things are allowed on the airwaves run!!!

BucEyedPea
05-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Fascism has come to America. And it's not being wrapped in religion and a flag.

Look at those who agree with this video to those who don't. Mostly the lefties. Consider the source of criticism.

BucEyedPea
05-20-2009, 09:11 AM
He wants people to give back to their communities like he did.
It's none of the president's business nor is it his power.

It is a noble concept and there is nothing wrong with it. What you fail to understand is we do some of this already.
That doesn't make it a good thing either. That's like saying we had slavery so we can do it again...just in another form.

Never trust the "do gooder"....look at what the "do gooders" did to the real estate market. Typical noble intentions with bad consequences.

The government will pay for your college education if you go teach in a shitty school and it has been that way for a long time.
That's the lure into state work. It's unConstitutional spending period. Including anything having to do with education from the Feds. It is wealth redistribution from hard working taxpayers for college.
It creates votes for those in power too. Bribery.
We have the Peace Corps and AmeriCorp which do alot of things.
I don't support those either.

But I will add this I am in favor of some type of mandatory program and have been before I even knew about Obama. If it was up to me I would do like Isreal does and have people serve 2 years in the military or split it up into different programs. Then the government will pay for 2 years of college if that is all you serve.
Fascism and socialism going hand and hand.

Win-win for everyone.
That's an opinion. I wll determine what is a win-win for me. Not the federal govt.

BucEyedPea
05-20-2009, 09:15 AM
I still like you dirk but your positions are clearly far to the left. It's dissappointing.

Nightwish
05-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Fascism has come to America. And it's not being wrapped in religion and a flag.

Look at those who agree with this video to those who don't. Mostly the lefties. Consider the source of criticism.
:tinfoil:

She's off the reservation, folks.

dirk digler
05-20-2009, 09:19 AM
It's none of the president's business nor is it his power.

That doesn't make it a good thing either. That's like saying we had slavery so we can do it again...just in another form.

Never trust the "do gooder"....look at what the "do gooders" did to the real estate market. Typical noble intentions with bad consequences.

That's the lure into state work. It's unConstitutional spending period. Including anything having to do with education from the Feds. It is wealth redistribution from hard working taxpayers for college.
It creates votes for those in power too. Bribery.

I don't support those either.

Fascism and socialism going hand and hand.

That's an opinion. I wll determine what is a win-win for me. Not the federal govt.

BEP do you think the GI bill is facism?

You said in the health care thread that we don't get anything for free and you are right on that and this is the same type of thing. If you want to go to college and have it paid for give back to your country or your community. It sounds like a fair deal to me and the clear majority of this country.

Cannibal
05-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Volunteer mandatory service for your worthless children (obviously not worth much if you are willing to hand them over to the government no questions asked) or for your own lazy ass.

Keep your idea of what children should be expected to do with their lives away from my kids. They were not going to help Bush screw up this country and they aren't going to help Obummer do it either.

Your kids are already fucked anyway because you're their mother, so they are irrelevent. I hope for their sake that they are intelligent enough on their own not to listen to a damn thing you say.

BucEyedPea
05-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Allendes unite!

patteeu
05-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Those who find this acceptable or not creepy, what would your take be if Ahmedinutjob ran commercials like this?

Or George W. Bush.

Reaper16
05-20-2009, 10:19 AM
This is a terrible thread. That video that BEP bizarrely links to Obama is for an organization called City Year. It was formed in 1988. It has exactly fucking nothing to do with Obama or any service initiative that he may or may not institute.

This is either an intentionally disingenuous act or BEP is a fucking idiot.

KC native
05-20-2009, 10:23 AM
This is a terrible thread. That video that BEP bizarrely links to Obama is for an organization called City Year. It was formed in 1988. It has exactly ****ing nothing to do with Obama or any service initiative that he may or may not institute.

This is either an intentionally disingenuous act or BEP is a ****ing idiot.

It's the latter.

Cannibal
05-20-2009, 12:32 PM
This is a terrible thread. That video that BEP bizarrely links to Obama is for an organization called City Year. It was formed in 1988. It has exactly fucking nothing to do with Obama or any service initiative that he may or may not institute.

This is either an intentionally disingenuous act or BEP is a fucking idiot.

Damn BEP. It seems your whacked-out Right Wing paranoia was wrong again. Maybe you should ease up on the trigger a bit.

Nightwish
05-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Or George W. Bush.
If it was Ahmadinejad (or however it is spelled), I would wonder why he's invoking images of Mother Teresa, JFK, the Wright Brothers and MLK. If it was Bush, it would be the same nothing that it is now.

patteeu
05-20-2009, 01:01 PM
If it was Ahmadinejad (or however it is spelled), I would wonder why he's invoking images of Mother Teresa, JFK, the Wright Brothers and MLK. If it was Bush, it would be the same nothing that it is now.

Sure it would.

Nightwish
05-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Sure it would.
If your memory were a little better, you'd recall that there were a number of times that I downplayed criticism of Bush on things that I didn't see as being particularly newsworthy (usually gaffes and misspeaks). If Bush were putting out this video, it would still be nothing.

Saulbadguy
05-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Is BucEyedPea the dumbest god damned bitch on Chiefsplanet now?

Taco John
05-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Is BucEyedPea the dumbest god damned bitch on Chiefsplanet now?

Buc argues from a historical perspective that doesn't come straight from the state. If all you know about history is what you learned in school, you're not going to be able to relate to Buc at all.

I would be amused to watch you try to keep up in a discussion with her, though. We'd learn a lot about who'se the dumbest bitch here, eh?

Reaper16
05-20-2009, 02:24 PM
To repeat: this is not an Obama video. This is a commercial for the organization City Year, which has been around since 1988. Why the fuck are people still talking about Presidents? This is a BEP Epic Fail, nothing more.

Saulbadguy
05-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Buc argues from a historical perspective that doesn't come straight from the state. If all you know about history is what you learned in school, you're not going to be able to relate to Buc at all.

I would be amused to watch you try to keep up in a discussion with her, though. We'd learn a lot about who'se the dumbest bitch here, eh?

Oh, I don't know if I could keep up with "link?"

Nightwish
05-20-2009, 04:28 PM
You're right, she doesn't argue from an historical perspective that comes straight from the state. She argued from an historical perspective that blends what comes from the state with what comes from conspiracy wingnuts.

Cannibal
05-20-2009, 06:07 PM
You're right, she doesn't argue from an historical perspective that comes straight from the state. She argued from an historical perspective that blends what comes from the state with what comes from conspiracy wingnuts.

ROFL

banyon
05-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Nope it's mandatory....it's just done in a covert manner. Govt Newspeak/propaganda. And that video is militaristic for children when they do such a drill. Why is that needed to help communities? I may have looked owned but you will be later because you've been sold a "bill of goods." The fact that some don't see it for what it really is shows the sad state of America. How far we have fallen with regard to being free. People actually want to be owned and have their children owned by the state by going to a govt boot camp for three months. So you and those supporting this are the ones who are owned. Classic projection. Wake up and smell the coffee.

It's truly amazing how you can be completely annihilated on this fake and irrelevant video for ten+ pages and you still post this "it's mandatory!!!" and don't realize that you've failed to provide a shred of evidence that any of what you've said is true.

Cannibal
05-20-2009, 06:48 PM
BEP is like GWB. She cannot and will not admit a mistake.

Iowanian
05-21-2009, 07:29 AM

I don't have anything in common with nightwish. You go fornicate yourself with a roll of rusty barbed wire.

BucEyedPea
05-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Yes you do. Would you like me to retrieve your posts and rep?

BucEyedPea
05-21-2009, 09:11 AM
BEP is like GWB. She cannot and will not admit a mistake.

I will have take pdf page with the statement by Obama and host it. Then I'll link it for you to see. When I get home.
Obama gets what he wants with this Congress. The training for this labor is mandatory — for a reason.
Connect the dots, it's all set up to achieve what Obama stated he wanted....through the back-door.
It's no different than when Hillary lost on her HC bill. She just rewrote the Medicaid laws that provided what she wanted more through the school system.
No one ever heard about it afterwards.

Now can you admit you're wrong on your abortion support numbers? Nope. Seems to me like you have GWB in you too. Classic projection.
Can you admit you're wrong regarding Ron Paul not cutting SS cold turkey? Nope.

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 09:40 AM
I will have take pdf page with the statement by Obama and host it. Then I'll link it for you to see. When I get home.
Obama gets what he wants with this Congress. The training for this labor is mandatory — for a reason.
Connect the dots, it's all set up to achieve what Obama stated he wanted....through the back-door.
It's not different than when Hillary lost on her HC bill. She just rewrote the Medicaid laws that provided what she wanted more through the school system.
No one ever heard about it afterwards.

Now can you admit you're wrong on your abortion support numbers? Nope. Seems to me like you have GWB in you too. Classic projection.
Can you admit you're wrong regarding Ron Paul not cutting SS cold turkey? Nope.
The whole premise of this thread is wrong, BEP! That video has nothing at all to do with Barack Obama.

BucEyedPea
05-21-2009, 09:45 AM
The whole premise of this thread is wrong, BEP! That video has nothing at all to do with Barack Obama.

Okay. But only partly. I'll put the other video up of other marching youth for Obama then. When I get home later. This really was just another one. You can't deny that Obama wants a "universal" ( meaning for all) youth service though, can you? Nope you can't. I am going to call that organization too and find out who wanted it and where they stand on the issue.

***SPRAYER
05-21-2009, 09:46 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/08BAfKCfu74&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/08BAfKCfu74&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BucEyedPea
05-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Switzerland is not the USA and never will be.

He's referring to my liking it's non-interventionist foreign policy and how their local areas are given more local control. These aspects are points our own Founders emphasized.It's also capitalist which I like.

BucEyedPea
05-21-2009, 10:16 AM

BTW I just called them at their Headquarters in Boston. There's a number on City Year's site. City Year was once private but was absorbed by the Feds under Clinton* and now recieves federal funds. It still gets funds from corps and foundations though too. But it is now a part of Ameri Corps. Under Obama it will receive more funds tripling its size. So this does have to do with Obama.

Now as to the video, the person I spoke with in Boston knew nothing about it. The kids doing that military drill though are in jackets with City Year logos on them.
Now, he may not know but I will find out the origin of it.

You can call to verify if you wish:
287 Columbus Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
p. (617) 927-2500
f. (617) 927-2510

* I was opposed to youth services under Clinton for the same reasons.

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 10:46 AM
BTW I just called them at their Headquarters in Boston. There's a number on City Year's site. City Year was once private but was absorbed by the Feds under Clinton* and now recieves federal funds. It still gets funds from corps and foundations though too. But it is now a part of Ameri Corps. Under Obama it will receive more funds tripling its size. So this does have to do with Obama.

Now as to the video, the person I spoke with in Boston knew nothing about it. The kids doing that military drill though are in jackets with City Year logos on them.

287 Columbus Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
p. (617) 927-2500
f. (617) 927-2510

Interesting. A little over a quarter of their funding comes federally, with that number expanding under Obama apparently. I still wouldn't say that the video has anything to do with Obama.

That guy in Boston you talked to is such a liar. That creepy commercial has been on tv for months; of course he knows about it.

BucEyedPea
05-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Interesting. A little over a quarter of their funding comes federally, with that number expanding under Obama apparently. I still wouldn't say that the video has anything to do with Obama.

That guy in Boston you talked to is such a liar. That creepy commercial has been on tv for months; of course he knows about it.

Nope it's going to expand to three times the size under Obama's funds. So it has something to do with his youth service expansion.
Maybe he is a liar...I am shooting off an email to You Tube's press dept now to get more data. And I will be calling the govt and City Year back again.

BucEyedPea
05-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Look at the military marching and the uniforms! Doesn't look much different than the City Year drill. Just different logo and color uniforms. These unis are more military looking though.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jp2VFN-w9d0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jp2VFN-w9d0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Brock
05-21-2009, 11:46 AM

287 Columbus Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
p. (617) 927-2500
f. (617) 927-2510

Thanks, but obviously you care about this much more than I do.

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Look at the military marching and the uniforms! Doesn't look much different than the City Year drill. Just different logo and color uniforms. These unis are more military looking though.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jp2VFN-w9d0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
Stop being disingenuous.