PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Who picked up the UFC game?

Mecca
05-19-2009, 07:41 PM
It's pretty kickass...so far I've won 13 online matches and submitted all of them but one.

KcMizzou
05-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Not yet, but I will.

Pretty cool, eh?

okcchief
05-19-2009, 08:59 PM
I just picked it up on PS3 but haven't played it yet.

How it is the online play Mecca?

Mecca
05-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Not yet, but I will.

Pretty cool, eh?

It takes a bit of getting use to but once you get it down it's pretty solid, biggest thing is try to play against the computer on the hardest level. If you can hang on that you can kick the shit out of pretty much any human opponent in online matches.

I'm up to 17-0.

Mecca
05-19-2009, 09:01 PM
I just picked it up on PS3 but haven't played it yet.

How it is the online play Mecca?

It's not bad, if someone quits or connection messes up it just throws the match out so no losses or anything like that.

The key is to master the ability to take guys down and get submissions locked in. Most people just try to strike and get knockouts, if you master submission you can kick their asses, that's how I do it.

MadMax
05-19-2009, 10:42 PM
It takes a bit of getting use to but once you get it down it's pretty solid, biggest thing is try to play against the computer on the hardest level. If you can hang on that you can kick the shit out of pretty much any human opponent in online matches.

I'm up to 17-0.

Nice! I'm lovin this game. :) Gotta work on my ground game though.

okcchief
05-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I just played a few times.

I won easily on the second level and then got my ass owned owned on advanced. Had problems both times I got taken to the ground.

What is the best strategy to get out of full mount from bottom position?

I was just trying to spin the shit out of the right analog stick but that wasn't getting me anywhere. Then they would start in on the serious ground and pound and all I could do was put my hands up. Eventually they got through that and knocked my ass out.

I guess I should go through the tutorial instead of just jumping in lol

It's hella fun though. I can see the ground game is key.

Fruit Ninja
05-20-2009, 12:26 AM
lol, i played 2 games online. Some dude kicked my ass. I didnt know what i was doing though. Will be practicing later though. Best way ti to learn the moves, then go online and stay there. Thats how you get good.

Lzen
05-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Yeah, I was playing the demo with my boys last night. They absolutely love that UFC stuff. I didn't win but I feel I gave them tough matches. Not bad for someone who never plays these types of games.

BTW, if anyone is planning on buying this game, here is a deal.
UFC 2009 Undisputed, a $10 Best Buy gift card, and a UFC dvd all for $60 (the price of the game).
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat182100050016

Dicky McElephant
05-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Are you guys choosing a fighter to fight with....or are you creating your own? What's the create a fighter like....depth wise?

What's the controller layout like?

dj56dt58
05-20-2009, 10:33 AM
is there any lag online?

Crashride
05-20-2009, 11:53 AM
This is probably the best fighting game ever made.

suds79
05-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Seems to be getting pretty good reviews though.:D

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=49430"/><param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=49430" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>

Can't wait to pick it up.

jjjayb
05-20-2009, 02:06 PM
It's not bad, if someone quits or connection messes up it just throws the match out so no losses or anything like that.

So people will just quit to keep their perfect records then?

KCChiefsMan
05-20-2009, 02:27 PM

it.

ok, screw that.

KCChiefsMan
05-20-2009, 02:59 PM
I was gonna go buy this game, but if they don't punish quitters online and just let them quit without taking a loss. Screw that, how could they allow that?

ZootedGranny
05-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Haven't jumped into the online yet, but I have put some extensive time into the career mode.

It's really fun and paced very well, but the big problem is that once you win the belt, you end up fighting the same 3 or 4 fighters each time out, and their skills don't seem to advance. Maybe that isn't the case once you bump it up to Advanced or Expert difficulty. Regardless, they would've been better suited to follow Fight Night's ability to change your created fighter's weight class.

Dicky McElephant
05-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Haven't jumped into the online yet, but I have put some extensive time into the career mode.

It's really fun and paced very well, but the big problem is that once you win the belt, you end up fighting the same 3 or 4 fighters each time out, and their skills don't seem to advance. Maybe that isn't the case once you bump it up to Advanced or Expert difficulty. Regardless, they would've been better suited to follow Fight Night's ability to change your created fighter's weight class.

What's the control scheme like? Is it like the old THQ wrestling games....or more along the lines of Fight Night with the analog sticks?

Reaper16
05-20-2009, 03:38 PM
This is probably the best fighting game ever made.
I threw up twice.

KCChiefsMan
05-20-2009, 04:30 PM
damnit, I would totally go buy this game right now. I'm still thinking about it, but that online quit thing is kind of a deal breaker. I prefer to play against other people, but if they can just quit to avoid a loss that's a big turn off.

Mecca
05-20-2009, 04:59 PM
It depends, I've seen someone quit and get a loss and someone quit and not get one, I think it only throws it out if you lose connection or something like that.

ZootedGranny
05-20-2009, 05:13 PM
What's the control scheme like? Is it like the old THQ wrestling games....or more along the lines of Fight Night with the analog sticks?

The four face buttons correspond with your four limbs, the left trigger/L2 modifies the height of your attacks, and the left bumper/L1 essentially does a power move based on your fighters striking style.

When it goes to the ground, Street Fighter style inputs on the right stick are used for transitions between guards, and clicking the left stick starts submissions.

I really enjoy the game just because of the depth of the movesets. You can end a fight in any number of ways.

Mecca
05-20-2009, 05:22 PM
If you suck on the ground you'll get killed though...that's how I win online I just take guys down and tap em out.

okcchief
05-20-2009, 11:17 PM
I was gonna go buy this game, but if they don't punish quitters online and just let them quit without taking a loss. Screw that, how could they allow that?

I would bet they will patch that eventually. Too many people will bitch if that's the case.

KcMizzou
05-20-2009, 11:37 PM
If you suck on the ground you'll get killed though...that's how I win online I just take guys down and tap em out.Sounds like they need to buff the take down defense a bit. Or maybe it's so new people haven't learned how to use it.

If it was always easy to take a guy to the mat in MMA, BJJ guys would win every fight.

Mecca
05-21-2009, 12:06 AM
If you know what you're doing you can get away from it, problem is alot of online players just wanna strike.

I'm like 27-3 at this point.

Crashride
05-21-2009, 08:16 AM
I threw up twice.

Im sorry, I missed the part where you made an argument.

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Im sorry, I missed the part where you made an argument.
I really don't have to. That's how absurd your post is. I dare say that its one of the top 10 worst posts in Planet history.

Have you ever played Virtua Fighter 4? 5? Soul Calibur II? King of Fighters '98?

suds79
05-21-2009, 12:31 PM
I really don't have to. That's how absurd your post is. I dare say that its one of the top 10 worst posts in Planet history.

Have you ever played Virtua Fighter 4? 5? Soul Calibur II? King of Fighters '98?

Okay lets not get into a p!ssing match.

It's hard to compare these fighting games. While they share the name as for what type of game, that's about it.

Some are fantasy based and this one is trying to follow a more realistic approach.

In my mind it's like trying to compare Madden to NFL Blitz in that they're both football games... Just too different.

I don't have it yet so I can't speak to or wouldn't even try to say if it's the best fighting game ever.... I just want it to easily be the best UFC game ever. ;)

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Okay lets not get into a p!ssing match.

It's hard to compare these fighting games. While they share the name as for what type of game, that's about it.

Some are fantasy based and this one is trying to follow a more realistic approach.

In my mind it's like trying to compare Madden to NFL Blitz in that they're both football games... Just too different.

I don't have it yet so I can't speak to or wouldn't even try to say if it's the best fighting game ever.... I just want it to easily be the best UFC game ever. ;)
He was the one who used the umbrella genre name of "fighting game."

I agree with you in spirit, though, that wrestling and MMA games shouldn't be compared with what we traditionally understand as fighting games, either 2D or 3D.

Saulbadguy
05-21-2009, 01:40 PM

It's honestly like saying "Call of Duty 4 is one of the best games ever" - which has been said around here, IIRC.

I'm glad that gaming has extended past the niche markets, but it's seriously devalued the entire industry.

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 01:59 PM
It's honestly like saying "Call of Duty 4 is one of the best games ever" - which has been said around here, IIRC.

I'm glad that gaming has extended past the niche markets, but it's seriously devalued the entire industry.
Yup.

Crashride
05-21-2009, 03:51 PM
He was the one who used the umbrella genre name of "fighting game."

I agree with you in spirit, though, that wrestling and MMA games shouldn't be compared with what we traditionally understand as fighting games, either 2D or 3D.

This was implied.

It is my OPINION that it is the best fighting game, which is also implied. You can sit here and pick out the technicalities of the way I worded a single post all you want, it is my opinion. Just like your opinion is that other games are better.

Oh and this thread was about what people thought of this particular game. Please stay on topic.

Fruit Ninja
05-21-2009, 03:53 PM
i just go with, this is a good game, i really like it and its well done.

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 03:57 PM
This was implied.

It is my OPINION that it is the best fighting game, which is also implied. You can sit here and pick out the technicalities of the way I worded a single post all you want, it is my opinion. Just like your opinion is that other games are better.

Oh and this thread was about what people thought of this particular game. Please stay on topic.
You said that this was probably the best fighting game ever made. Your post implied no such distinction between types of fighting games.

Demonpenz
05-21-2009, 04:11 PM
This is the best fighting game ever

Kyle DeLexus
05-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I was playing the demo with my boys last night. They absolutely love that UFC stuff. I didn't win but I feel I gave them tough matches. Not bad for someone who never plays these types of games.

BTW, if anyone is planning on buying this game, here is a deal.
UFC 2009 Undisputed, a $10 Best Buy gift card, and a UFC dvd all for $60 (the price of the game).
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat182100050016

Well that woulda been i nice deal. I picked it up the moment I got up on tuesday.

Crashride
05-21-2009, 09:01 PM
You said that this was probably the best fighting game ever made. Your post implied no such distinction between types of fighting games.

And what is it to you? Why do you care so much about my strong opinion of this game. I THINK THIS IS THE BEST FIGHTING GAME EVER MADE. Go scream into your pillow if my opinion makes you mad.

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 09:10 PM
And what is it to you? Why do you care so much about my strong opinion of this game. I THINK THIS IS THE BEST FIGHTING GAME EVER MADE. Go scream into your pillow if my opinion makes you mad.
The opinion on fighting games that you are espousing is equivalent to the following hypothetical opinion: Disturbed is the greatest rock band of all time.

Crashride
05-21-2009, 09:47 PM
The opinion on fighting games that you are espousing is equivalent to the following hypothetical opinion: Disturbed is the greatest rock band of all time.

And if that particular person actually thinks that, why do you give a shit. Its there opinion. But i dont expect you to understand that other people might think differently than you. Its to much for you to comprehend.

Saulbadguy
05-21-2009, 09:55 PM
WCW vs NWO world tour was the best fighting game ever made!!!!1

MoreLemonPledge
05-21-2009, 10:02 PM
WCW vs NWO world tour was the best fighting game ever made!!!!1

Actually, I loved that game back in the day. I don't think anything could ever beat it, if only for the nostalgia.

Fishpicker
05-21-2009, 10:04 PM
K-1 World Grand Prix (PS2) is the best fighting game ever. its so good that the striking portion of UFC Undisputed uses the exact same controls as the K-1 game.

oh and K-1 had Mark Hunt on the roster.

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 10:05 PM
And if that particular person actually thinks that, why do you give a shit. Its there opinion. But i dont expect you to understand that other people might think differently than you. Its to much for you to comprehend.
I detest idiocy when it comes to the things that I love. If someone here has a shitty opinon about football, baseball, literature, video games or music then they're going to be called out for being an uncouth swine.

Saulbadguy
05-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Actually, I loved that game back in the day. I don't think anything could ever beat it, if only for the nostalgia.

It was cool but frustrating because the game had a fatal glitch - you could get out of any pin by moving the analog stick.

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 10:06 PM
K-1 World Grand Prix (PS2) is the best fighting game ever. its so good that the striking portion of UFC Undisputed uses the exact same controls as the K-1 game.

oh and K-1 had Mark Hunt on the roster.
I'm too unfamiliar with your posts to know if this is sarcasm or not.

Fishpicker
05-21-2009, 10:10 PM
it's not. go ahead...

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 10:11 PM
I don't think that some people know what "fighting game" means. Are you guys like 8 years old?

MoreLemonPledge
05-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Played the demo. It seemed pretty average to me, but I'm not a big UFC fan.

Saulbadguy
05-21-2009, 10:16 PM
I don't think that some people know what "fighting game" means. Are you guys like 8 years old?

Mike Tysons Punch Out was the greatest fighting game ever made!!!

Pants
05-21-2009, 10:21 PM

Some people just never understand the depth behind the fighting games you speak of, they never progress beyond button mashing and somewhat familiar button mashing. I think the strategies and skill sets involved are just so different you can't even compare the two. Mastering combinations vs well timed single button shots is the difference. Both can be very fun, though, depending on what you like.

Oh, and I've played all kinds of games and I do think that COD4 (MP) is some of the best gaming I have ever experienced.

MoreLemonPledge
05-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Oh, and I've played all kinds of games and I do think that COD4 (MP) is some of the best gaming I have ever experienced.

I would have to agree, and I've played a lot of games.

The thing that really disappoints me is the new(ish) Party Chat system in Xbox Live. Some of my favorite moments were talking to people and messing around in CoD4, but a lot of that is lost now with everyone in Party Chat.

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 10:36 PM
I would have to agree, and I've played a lot of games.

The thing that really disappoints me is the new(ish) Party Chat system in Xbox Live. Some of my favorite moments were talking to people and messing around in CoD4, but a lot of that is lost now with everyone in Party Chat.
I hear you. I like Party Chat in ways, but I dislike it when I want someone to hear the Hamas-level verbal firestorm I am capable of unleashing.

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Some people just never understand the depth behind the fighting games you speak of, they never progress beyond button mashing and somewhat familiar button mashing. I think the strategies and skill sets involved are just so different you can't even compare the two. Mastering combinations vs well timed single button shots is the difference. Both can be very fun, though, depending on what you like.

I totally agree. I'm not trying to diss on the grappling style games. I loooooove the AKI developed wrestling games.

Crashride
05-22-2009, 07:14 AM
I totally agree. I'm not trying to diss on the grappling style games. I loooooove the AKI developed wrestling games.

YOU like the old school wrestling games (not that old school though) like WCW NWO revenge? I find that amazing for someone who can bash a similar game.

Demonpenz
05-22-2009, 08:20 AM
this maybe the dumbest arguement ever to go down here. it is a frickin game. Nerds + idiots in here and that includes me.

Crashride
05-22-2009, 09:00 AM
this maybe the dumbest arguement ever to go down here. it is a frickin game. Nerds + idiots in here and that includes me.

Its not really an argument its just someone not agreeing with my opinion lol and thats ok. I just dont like getting neg reped for saying I like the game. But thats what I should expect from some people here.

GoTrav
05-22-2009, 04:24 PM
I grabbed this today. Can anyone tell me where the $10 PPV coupon is? I was told it's inside the case for the game but I'm not seeing it.

Reaper16
05-22-2009, 05:12 PM
YOU like the old school wrestling games (not that old school though) like WCW NWO revenge? I find that amazing for someone who can bash a similar game.
Since when have I bashed the UFC game? Saying that it isn't the best fighting game of all time is not bashing it. My favorite movie is Goodfellas. I don't think that its the best movie ever made, and I don't think that I am bashing the movie by thinking so.

Reaper16
05-22-2009, 05:13 PM
You're the last person that can get a rise out of me, 'penz. :)

Reaper16
05-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Its not really an argument its just someone not agreeing with my opinion lol and thats ok. I just dont like getting neg reped for saying I like the game. But thats what I should expect from some people here.
I didn't neg rep you for saying that you liked the game. I neg repped you for surmising that it could be the best fighting game ever made. Grandiose posts like that should only be made by someone who has a proper historical context. Someone who has that would laugh off the notion that this UFC game is better than the fighting games typically entered into the best-ever discussion.

Mecca
05-22-2009, 05:35 PM
The online play thing is a glitch, if someone disconnects when they lose before it saves they won't get a loss, so be aware if someone has a ridiculous record.

TrickyNicky
05-22-2009, 05:44 PM
I grabbed this today. Can anyone tell me where the $10 PPV coupon is? I was told it's inside the case for the game but I'm not seeing it.
Mine was in the case. If yours isn't in there, go back to where you bought it and return it. Go to BestBuy, get the $10 gift card and teh ppv coupon.

GoTrav
05-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Mine was in the case. If yours isn't in there, go back to where you bought it and return it. Go to BestBuy, get the $10 gift card and teh ppv coupon.

is like a card or something? I got a book with some UFC merchandise I could order and some rebates for that but I didn't see anything that applied to a PPV event.

Kyle DeLexus
05-22-2009, 06:46 PM
is like a card or something? I got a book with some UFC merchandise I could order and some rebates for that but I didn't see anything that applied to a PPV event.

I got the same from Gamestop. They open the cases so I wouldn't be surprised if they took it out. Really if I knew they opened the cases of new games I wouldn't have got it there, it was my first new game from them.

Mecca
05-22-2009, 07:20 PM
So has anyone figured out any little tricks to the game yet?

HMc
05-22-2009, 07:52 PM
I didn't neg rep you for saying that you liked the game. I neg repped you for surmising that it could be the best fighting game ever made. Grandiose posts like that should only be made by someone who has a proper historical context. Someone who has that would laugh off the notion that this UFC game is better than the fighting games typically entered into the best-ever discussion.

God, what a complete wanker you are.

Reaper16
05-22-2009, 08:00 PM
God, what a complete wanker you are.
Good post. Stand-up effort, that.

Crashride
05-22-2009, 10:15 PM

And so your claiming to be this person who knows what the best fighting games are? You? The person whos list didnt even contain any street fighter or mortal combat...ya know some of the highest selling/most popular fighting games. Yea your an expert.

Reaper16
05-22-2009, 10:24 PM
And so your claiming to be this person who knows what the best fighting games are? You? The person whos list didnt even contain any street fighter or mortal combat...ya know some of the highest selling/most popular fighting games. Yea your an expert.
Oh, Jesus H. Fuck. I'm not claiming to be the expert, but as a lifelong gamer (and someone with gaming experience far beyond your very mainstream experience, judging by your posts) who has played a dickton of fighting games over the years, I think that I can offer up a fairly educated take.

I listed four titles that are commonly bandied about as "best ever" in the genre. Would there be Street Fighter titles in the mix as far as a top 10 list? Absolutely. Street Fighter Alpha 3 is utterly superb, and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike is both really, really good and really, really underrated. Super Street Fighter II would probably fall just shy of making the top 10.

As for Mortal Kombat (that's "Kombat," with a K), not many fighting game aficionados would consider any title in the franchise to be top 10 material. Which doesn't mean that there aren't really fun games in the franchise.

Jerm
05-22-2009, 11:02 PM
So has anyone figured out any little tricks to the game yet?

Dunno if this is really a trick or not but IMO in CAF Judo is an absolute must...it's lethal. You got throws from the clinch, sweeps, can get off your back, etc...it's a very versatile and useful discipline.

I'm loving the game so far, very well done for a first outing. The gameplay is awesome and I love how it's varied, I've seen fights go about every way so far. I also love the differences in fighters...Machida is a bitch to fight, he fights in the game exactly like he does in real life.

I can see myself playing this game for a long time.

HMc
05-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Good post. Stand-up effort, that.

I don't know what else to say. You're trying to tell people what they should like, what they should consider the "best."

It's utterly stupid, just because you and your pals, or perhaps the gaming mags or whoever the f*ck it is that claims to be an authority (besides your good self, I mean) on these entirely subjective matters think that game x or y is "better" than game a or b doesn't make it that way for everyone.

The original post was dude expressing his opinion (obvious to most of us), and you're trying to tell him he's wrong. You're an utter dickhead.

Reaper16
05-22-2009, 11:35 PM
I don't know what else to say. You're trying to tell people what they should like, what they should consider the "best."

It's utterly stupid, just because you and your pals, or perhaps the gaming mags or whoever the f*ck it is that claims to be an authority (besides your good self, I mean) on these entirely subjective matters think that game x or y is "better" than game a or b doesn't make it that way for everyone.

The original post was dude expressing his opinion (obvious to most of us), and you're trying to tell him he's wrong. You're an utter dickhead.
Perhaps. But I'm a correct dickhead. And that's what matters.

Saulbadguy
05-22-2009, 11:51 PM

Yeah, because this never, ever happens on the internet.

I'll have to side with Reaper on this one, he knows what he's talking about...except that Capcom vs SNK 2 is widely regarded as one of the best fighters of all time.

Reaper16
05-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah, because this never, ever happens on the internet.

I'll have to side with Reaper on this one, he knows what he's talking about...except that Capcom vs SNK 2 is widely regarded as one of the best fighters of all time.
I absolutely love Capcom vs SNK 2. It's in my personal top 3.

Jim Jones
05-23-2009, 12:19 AM
I absolutely love Capcom vs SNK 2. It's in my personal top 3.

Your personal top 3 sucks and you're a fucking douche.

ANYWAY...question about career, since i started one tonight and am currently 6 fights in. Wondering about those who deeper into it, do fighters retire? Are ages even in the game? It's not a HUGE deal to me, but it would be cool if that happened. I mean, I'd rather not have guys like Liddell hang aroud forever.

KcMizzou
05-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Got the game. Not concerned about the Nerd fight. Game rocks.

Reaper16
05-23-2009, 12:26 AM
Your personal top 3 sucks and you're a fucking douche.

Wrong, and ok-if-you-say-so.

BTW -- I finally played this game. Its really fun. Yuke's did a bang-up job building this thing from the ground up. THQ has got a good franchise on its hands.

Does anyone else get the sense that submissions are a whole lot better against human opponents than they are against A.I.?

Reaper16
05-23-2009, 12:27 AM
ANYWAY...question about career, since i started one tonight and am currently 6 fights in. Wondering about those who deeper into it, do fighters retire? Are ages even in the game? It's not a HUGE deal to me, but it would be cool if that happened. I mean, I'd rather not have guys like Liddell hang aroud forever.
From what I understand, fighters don't age at all. Which stinks, but next year's game is when I look for the career mode to really be beefed up.

Jim Jones
05-23-2009, 03:06 AM
From what I understand, fighters don't age at all. Which stinks, but next year's game is when I look for the career mode to really be beefed up.

AH that kinda sucks, but I sort of expected it. There's a lot they can do with it, but it's good enough for a "first" effort. I want entrances next year too.

Crashride
05-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Wrong, and ok-if-you-say-so.

BTW -- I finally played this game. Its really fun. Yuke's did a bang-up job building this thing from the ground up. THQ has got a good franchise on its hands.

Does anyone else get the sense that submissions are a whole lot better against human opponents than they are against A.I.?

Yea the subs are hard to land on the expert level than against a person. The person usually tends to use up more stamina going for the knockout so when you attempt it, your usually successful if there worn out.
Really wear out the body when you fight the comp and get his stamina low, youll submit them everytime.
Although sometimes subs will happen at random times with success, I guess thats to counter those flash kos

Mecca
05-23-2009, 05:42 PM
At this point I'm just trying to create a realistic Fedor which probably means going through career mode on beginner so I can get enough stat points.

TrickyNicky
05-24-2009, 07:45 AM
At this point I'm just trying to create a realistic Fedor which probably means going through career mode on beginner so I can get enough stat points.

In order to make a Fedor, you probably want to start with a Microprocessor.

Which styles did you choose? I'm thinking hes more of a Boxing/Judo, as he doesn't utilize too many kicks and Sambo is closest to Judo.

Dunit35
05-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Can you create yourself?

I'm going to buy it if you can. I wanna be a badass in the gaming world.

KcMizzou
05-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Can you create yourself?

I'm going to buy it if you can. I wanna be a badass in the gaming world.Yes.

Mecca
05-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Boxing/Judo was what I picked...

My online record is up to 62-11.

Crashride
05-26-2009, 08:51 AM
mecca whats your live name. i want to fight ya and get better

GoTrav
05-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Anyone in career mode actually won their first fight? I've been trying my career mode and working on getting the retire undefeated achievement but I can't even win my first career fight. I think it's rigged =P

Buck
05-26-2009, 12:12 PM
I went to buy this game at GameStop yesterday and its sold out all over SD.

Lame.

Dunit35
05-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Bought it on amazon Sunday night, overnight shipping still made it cheaper than wal mart.

Waiting on it till tomorrow.

beach tribe
05-26-2009, 02:54 PM

Those games suck??

Saulbadguy
05-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Those games suck??

:shake:

Buck
05-26-2009, 03:39 PM
There is fighting in Fallout 3. Therefore, I declare it to be the greatest Fighting Game of all time.

Seriously though, I checked the availability online at certain stores and there are 3 gamestops w/in a 5 mile radius of me that have it. Lying guy at my GameStop misinformed me.

Reaper16
05-26-2009, 03:46 PM
There is fighting in Fallout 3. Therefore, I declare it to be the greatest Fighting Game of all time.

Seriously though, I checked the availability online at certain stores and there are 3 gamestops w/in a 5 mile radius of me that have it. Lying guy at my GameStop misinformed me.
I detest GameStop employees. I daresay that I've encountered only one or two adequate ones.

Reaper16
05-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Those games suck??
Have you ever played them? If not, then you should; they are fucking brilliant. If you have played them, then, wow. You would have zero qualifications to make a claim about gaming that is worth anything, then.

Saulbadguy
05-26-2009, 03:50 PM
I detest GameStop employees. I daresay that I've encountered only one or two adequate ones.

I have a co-worker who works at Gamestop part-time (once every few months). Decent discount on games and accessories and he can "check out" a game, basically borrowing it from the store - and then sold like new of course afterwards.

But yes, they are generally just lazy or fanboys.

Mecca
05-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Anyone in career mode actually won their first fight? I've been trying my career mode and working on getting the retire undefeated achievement but I can't even win my first career fight. I think it's rigged =P

I'm 19-0 right now.

Mecca
05-26-2009, 05:43 PM
mecca whats your live name. i want to fight ya and get better

Bo Toasty, we can play later.

Jim Jones
05-26-2009, 06:15 PM
THQ is releasing a patch in June. Supposedly it will fix the lag and disconnect issues. All online records will be reset to 0-0.

Mecca
05-26-2009, 06:25 PM
THQ is releasing a patch in June. Supposedly it will fix the lag and disconnect issues. All online records will be reset to 0-0.

That's bullshit I'm 63-11

Dicky McElephant
05-26-2009, 06:33 PM

That's bullshit I'm 63-11

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

GoTrav
05-27-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm 19-0 right now.

So what's the trick in winning your earlier fights in career mode? I've gone the distance and dominated all rounds, from what I can tell, but still lose the decision. I went with Muay Thai and BJJ. But I'm having a problem with kicks to the damn head knocking my career guy out all the time...it's pissing me off :p

Buck
05-27-2009, 06:54 PM
So what's the trick in winning your earlier fights in career mode? I've gone the distance and dominated all rounds, from what I can tell, but still lose the decision. I'm having a problem with kicks to the damn head knocking my career guy out all the time...it's pissing me off :p

Use R1 to block high and R2 to block low.

I just started my career 4-0 and then I fought a guy who I couldn't take down for the life of me, so I couldn't tire him out and he knocked me out with 9 sec left in the first round. Damnit.

Mecca
05-27-2009, 06:58 PM
So what's the trick in winning your earlier fights in career mode? I've gone the distance and dominated all rounds, from what I can tell, but still lose the decision. I went with Muay Thai and BJJ. But I'm having a problem with kicks to the damn head knocking my career guy out all the time...it's pissing me off :p

You know when you're building your guy early?

Don't spar, you'll get like 20 points, but you'll still get a high number for strength speed or cardio however you build it. If you wait till you have those full like my guy has 100 strength 77 speed and 74 cardio now when I spar in year 4, I can get 100 points if i spar with full stamina.

Dunit35
05-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Started playing it earlier. I've mastered nothing besides punching and kicking. I'm 2-0 with KO's.

Mecca
05-28-2009, 06:27 AM
If you figure out how to do the ground game you'll be good...learn how to get into the mount. It's also easier if you make your guy a wrestler or a judo guy since you can throw and slam.

Who's everyone's favorite guys to use? I like Rashad and Tito and in Heavy I'm basically using Cheick Kongo.

Crashride
05-28-2009, 06:32 AM
If you figure out how to do the ground game you'll be good...learn how to get into the mount. It's also easier if you make your guy a wrestler or a judo guy since you can throw and slam.

Who's everyone's favorite guys to use? I like Rashad and Tito and in Heavy I'm basically using Cheick Kongo.

I have had the worst luck with rashad, maybe im not using him right. I've since moved on to griffin or w.silva.

Mecca
05-28-2009, 06:48 AM
I have had the worst luck with rashad, maybe im not using him right. I've since moved on to griffin or w.silva.

Wanderlai is good if your good at the clinch offense...I need a guy who has wrestling as his grapple for the way I play, so Wanderlai i can use Griffin not so much.

What are you trying to do with Rashad?

Also if you sent me a friends request it's probably still pending I get all kinds of requests from people I don't know so um what's your gamer tag.

Crashride
05-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Wanderlai is good if your good at the clinch offense...I need a guy who has wrestling as his grapple for the way I play, so Wanderlai i can use Griffin not so much.

What are you trying to do with Rashad?

Also if you sent me a friends request it's probably still pending I get all kinds of requests from people I don't know so um what's your gamer tag.

I havent sent it yet, but the name is going to be HEYISTHATCHICKN.

Fishpicker
05-28-2009, 12:33 PM

HW: Nog, Crocop ( just for change of pace)
LHW: Tito, Rampage, & Wanderlei
MW: Yushin Okami
WW: Karo Parisyan
LW: Sean Sherk

I agree with you on the wrestlers. the posture-up position is essential.

GoTrav
05-28-2009, 02:15 PM
You know when you're building your guy early?

Don't spar, you'll get like 20 points, but you'll still get a high number for strength speed or cardio however you build it. If you wait till you have those full like my guy has 100 strength 77 speed and 74 cardio now when I spar in year 4, I can get 100 points if i spar with full stamina.

Thanks, Mecca that helped. So, it looks like there is a cap on your three stats since once you start to get them up higher doing workouts will usually negatively effect the other two? I'm having trouble against Thiago Silva and Ortiz though since they can take me down pretty much at will and since I haven't sparred a lot my skills are weak to defend against ground and pound.

GoTrav
05-28-2009, 02:17 PM

Anderson Silva and BJ Penn. I need to hook up with you online so you can pad your record against me and show me a few tips. We never played NCAA but it will have to wait until 2010 comes out...

Dunit35
05-28-2009, 03:57 PM

I sent you a friend request the other day.

Dyer35 is the gamertag

Mecca
05-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks, Mecca that helped. So, it looks like there is a cap on your three stats since once you start to get them up higher doing workouts will usually negatively effect the other two? I'm having trouble against Thiago Silva and Ortiz though since they can take me down pretty much at will and since I haven't sparred a lot my skills are weak to defend against ground and pound.

The easiest way to do it, is to take the one you want at 100 or close to it and just build it every single time till its full yes it will negatively affect the other 2 at first but it will only cost you maybe 10 points. Then when you switch and build those it won't affect that one till it gets high.

I had 100 strength and 1 speed and 1 cardio then I built both of those into the 70s. You probably shouldn't do strength first being in the LHW division.

Crashride
05-29-2009, 06:24 AM
the latest problem ive been having is people online. during subs they cancel the sub, then go for it again, cancel then go for it again...and this gos on until my guy is drained. Hopefully they patch that up sometime.

Mecca
05-29-2009, 07:04 AM
You have to grab and hold them, if you just hang on your stamina meter will fill up.

Crashride
05-29-2009, 12:34 PM
You have to grab and hold them, if you just hang on your stamina meter will fill up.

I wish the grapple block would stop the sub attempts, but sub attempts cant be blocked. Its annoying as hell cause then they just click the left stick and it cancels the attempt.

Dunit35
05-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Mecca, you dominated my bro last night.

We were laughing about it the rest of the night. You were doing moves I can't figure out how to do.

My favorite fighter is Frank Mir. I enjoy his BJJ/Mauy Thai stuff.

Dunit35
05-31-2009, 08:13 PM
I created a new dude he's a middleweight or whatever 185 class. He's a kickboxer and BJJ. I went 11-0 last night, got a title shot and got ruled by some dude. He kept taking me down and I can't figure out how to get him off me.

rolstrol
06-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Love this game, play with Rampage and Henderson. Sometimes try someone else. Undefeated so far.

Dunit35
06-08-2009, 05:32 PM
I finally did it. I got another title shot and lost to nick Marquart, he kept taking me down over and over again. I sparred a lot and eventually built my fighter skills up and the rematch was awesome. marquart couldn't take me down and I knocked his ass out son.

The games a lot better when you figure out how to stop takedown attempts and what not.

Sully
06-18-2009, 11:16 AM
I love this game, but I can't put together a combo to save my life.
Is there some secret?

Also, when trying a submission...do you just keep rotating the RB, or do you start over at center after each rotation? I keep getting submitted like mad.

Dunit35
07-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Did this game come with some sort of coupon to ufc 100? 10 bills off or something.

Fruit Ninja
07-11-2009, 09:51 PM
i just know i fucking traded this game in. IT became unfun fast for me. lol

GoTrav
07-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Who all still has this on 360? I wouldn't mind putting together a fight night single elimination tournament. Anyone interested?

Crashride
07-18-2009, 08:20 AM
Who all still has this on 360? I wouldn't mind putting together a fight night single elimination tournament. Anyone interested?

count me in

GoTrav
07-18-2009, 08:55 AM
count me in

what's your gamertag?

Crashride
07-18-2009, 09:05 AM
HEYISTHATCHICKN

Mecca
07-18-2009, 12:29 PM
How do you do a tournament with this game?