PDA

View Full Version : KSU Bob Krause and Ron Prince's Secret Agreement

GoHuge
05-20-2009, 06:08 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere, but this is essentially these two who suck the penis stealing from Kansas State. Not normal college cheating for a competetive advantage, just pure greed. I couldn't stand Prince as a coach and now a really hate his ass. This money is being taken from alumni and booster donations. People like me throwing $100 here and there as we can are the ones they're stealing from. I've talked to alot of fellow alum's and they won't see a dime from us till they get this shit cleaned up. Wefald's reign for all the good it did is going to have a resounding thud at the end. May have not been involved, but as the boss having no idea this shit was going on right under his nose doesn't do alot for his legacy :cuss:.

K-State Files Suit Asking Court To Declare Secret Agreement Invalid
Kansas State University and its athletic corporation are filing suit today, asking a court to declare invalid a secret agreement signed by Bob Krause, its former athletic director, and by former head football coach Ron Prince for a company called In Pursuit of Perfection, LLC. The secret agreement was signed without the knowledge of anyone else at K-State, according to K-State President Jon Wefald.

If determined to be valid, K-State’s athletic corporation would have to make $3.2 million in deferred compensation payments to In Pursuit of Perfection between 2015 and 2020.

In addition to other legal claims, K-State argues that Ron Prince’s attorney, Ohio sports agent Neil Cornrich, impermissibly negotiated this secret agreement without involving attorneys for the university. K-State contends that, under attorney ethical rules, Cornrich was required to obtain permission from K-State lawyers before negotiating directly with Krause.

Interim athletic director James Epps issued the following statement:
“On May 11, 2009, I learned of a secret deferred compensation agreement that Bob Krause apparently negotiated with Ron Prince’s attorney. This alleged deal was made without the knowledge of anyone else in the athletics department, including its attorney. This deal was apparently constructed as a further supplement to the buyout provision contained in Prince’s employment contract. I do not know why any additional supplement was justified, or why Bob Krause concealed this agreement from everyone until it was inadvertently discovered last week.

“I do not believe that this agreement is valid, and the athletics department will vigorously fight any attempt to enforce it.”

K-State President Jon Wefald said, “I learned shortly after Jim Epps about the secret deferred compensation agreement between Bob Krause and Ron Prince’s attorney. I was shocked and saddened to find out about this agreement. No one in central administration or athletics knew about this agreement. We all thought that the August 2008 press release accurately described Ron Prince’s one year contract extension and his salary increase from $750,000 to $1.1 million. We thought that any compensation he was owed was in that contract. We had no knowledge whatsoever of this secret agreement between August 2008 and May 2009, and it was therefore unavailable to the auditors, Grant Thornton, who were retained by the Board of Regents to do an exit analysis.

“After Jim Epps and I learned about the secret agreement, we spent several days explaining to Ron Prince and his agent why they should consider the agreement was null and void. That failed. We believe that this secret agreement made between Bob Krause and Ron Prince’s attorney is null and void and we will act accordingly.

“This has happened on my watch. I appointed Bob Krause to be athletic director. He has been a longtime friend. I regret deeply and apologize that this happened while I was president. But we do regard this secret agreement as null and void. Like the Interim AD Jim Epps and his staff, we have been completely caught off guard.

“I have asked for Bob Krause’s resignation as director of economic development for the K-State Olathe Innovation Campus and he has resigned, effective today.”

K-State discovered the secret agreement May 11, 2009, while responding to routine informational requests in a lawsuit involving one of its former assistant football coaches.

Stewie
05-20-2009, 08:40 PM
This is a total sham. I'd be willing to bet that Prince gets some compensation out of this deal just because K-State will want to settle and not have it drag out in the courts.

hawkchief
05-20-2009, 08:57 PM
KSU = hot mess

Saulbadguy
05-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Par for the course.

Mr. Krab
05-20-2009, 09:12 PM
I hope they plan on suing Krause.

mikeyis4dcats.
05-20-2009, 09:15 PM
I hope they plan on suing Krause.

I suspect he will be added as a defendent within a week.

Skip Towne
05-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Must resist the urge to make smart ass comment.

the Talking Can
05-20-2009, 09:53 PM
bizarre

Dante84
05-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Wow, I graduated in 2008....

Bob Krause was nothing but a kind gentleman that bled purple, and always wanted the best for KSU.

He should never have been hired as the AD, as he was unqualified for the position.

He must have been caught up some how. This is not the Krause I knew over the last five years. Really disappointing to hear. Really disappointing.

GoHuge
05-21-2009, 03:27 AM
For the legal eagles:if the corporation wasn't yet setup at the time (which many think this is KSU's main premise for their suit) would the agreement be null and void? I would think the language in the agreement somehow sugar coated this, but if this company doesn't currently exist or didn't at the time of the agreement I'd think not only would that void the contract, but also constitute fraud. May be wishful thinking on my part.

Krause is crazy loaded and can't understand why the hell this guy would do this to a University he loved and did alot to help. Maybe Prince has a pic of him blowing football players? Nobody can figure out what the hell his motivation might have been.

Sure-Oz
05-21-2009, 06:18 AM
This was all over sports radio yesterday, stealing, and why?? They are rich enough fucks

Ron Prince is a man of integrity hah

Coach
05-21-2009, 06:22 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/KSU/princeol3.gif

ChiTown
05-21-2009, 06:57 AM
KSU = hot mess

aKademic fraUd

Coach
05-21-2009, 06:58 AM
KSU = hot mess

No, I'd say that'd be in Tennessee with Lane Kiffin gettin into all sorts of trouble.

Sure-Oz
05-21-2009, 07:00 AM
No, I'd say that'd be in Tennessee with Lane Kiffin gettin into all sorts of trouble.

Kiffin surely has exploded onto the college football scene...

That guy was real quiet in oakland, and it wouldnt suprise me if that carcass al davis was right about how much kiffin is a prick

Saulbadguy
05-21-2009, 07:01 AM

I do have to say that our football program is an unmitigated disaster at this point. I don't see anything good coming out of this, or the Bill Snyder experiment part 2.

Coach
05-21-2009, 07:07 AM
I do have to say that our football program is an unmitigated disaster at this point. I don't see anything good coming out of this, or the Bill Snyder experiment part 2.

Only time will tell. The thing is, outside of Vic Konnings, Bill, in my opinion, has assembled a solid staff. They were a little late in terms of recruting this year, so I don't think they should be accountable in terms of W-L's that heavily because they were off to a late start in recruting. Still though, Bill's the guy that never brings in a top 20 ranking in the national recruting trails, yet, he has produced.

It will be interesting this time around.

hawkchief
05-21-2009, 07:09 AM

There's always "Soil Judging" contests!

GoHuge
05-21-2009, 08:04 AM
There's always "Soil Judging" contests!Snyder may be better at that right now than coaching football. Everyone says everything will be just gravy now that coach is back. Most of (certainly not all) the gopowercat.com crowd has :whackit: over his return. I just remember the the last two years when he mailed it in. He even admitted as much when he talked about Freeman. Paraphrasing here but something like "he was in our backyard and we really didn't even know much about him." Without Freeman the Ron Prince era probably would have been real ugly. Giving that fatass an extension in the middle of his roadkill tenure was a fireable offense in itself. This latest thing is just mind blowing. With this being ESPN front page news I'm sure some in the coaching circles are wanting to shake his hand for pulling the wool over a university like this. Just shows what a smooth talker can pull off. KState pretty much said he just blew them away during his interview. Now it looks like he is going to blow away the entire athletic budget.

kepp
05-21-2009, 08:51 AM
He's still scary smart.

Stewie
05-21-2009, 09:14 AM
For the legal eagles:if the corporation wasn't yet setup at the time (which many think this is KSU's main premise for their suit) would the agreement be null and void? I would think the language in the agreement somehow sugar coated this, but if this company doesn't currently exist or didn't at the time of the agreement I'd think not only would that void the contract, but also constitute fraud. May be wishful thinking on my part.

Krause is crazy loaded and can't understand why the hell this guy would do this to a University he loved and did alot to help. Maybe Prince has a pic of him blowing football players? Nobody can figure out what the hell his motivation might have been.

I'm no legal eagle, but I see Prince getting something out of this deal, whether it was legal or not. All the court needs to hear is that Krause was representing KSU during the negotiations and the agreement has his signature. Because Wefald (or anyone else) didn't know about it doesn't make it void but does raise an eyebrow. I doubt Prince will see the total sum but I bet he gets a chunk (most likely going to his attorneys). IMO Prince shouldn't see one red cent, but my suspicion is that he will.

leviw
05-21-2009, 09:19 AM
He's still scary smart.

I'd argue this makes him scarier and smarter.

hawkchief
05-21-2009, 09:51 AM
He's still scary smart.

He found a stoolie in "Scary-dumb" Krause.

ChiefMojo
05-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Actually what Kansas state is contending is the fact there was two separate contracts signed by Prince supposedly. One Kansas State/Athletic Department/the rest of the world knew about (with the 1.2 million buyout) and the other only Krause/Prince/Attorney slash Agent knew about (holding additional 3+ million). I believe these were signed on 8/7/08. This supposed LLC (IPP) wasn't a legal operation until something like 12/28/08 I believe.

Kansas State will contend that since this corporation wasn't legal/operating entity until AFTER the contract was signed, it is void. It was one big scam that Krause/Prince did to get a lot more money out of the KSU Athletic Department than was warranted. One could argue easily Prince didn't deserve the 1.2 million he got from the REAL contract in the first place. When Tim Weiser left KSU, they were a surplus Athletic Department. Shortly after Prince's firing, Krause tells the AD's department staff they are something like 1.2 million + in the hole. The department was floored and had no idea what was going on. For gosh sakes they went in the hole by the damn man that told them about it... Krause knew it the whole time.

With all this said, I'm a Kansas fan, but Kansas State got 100% ripped off and they deserve every single penny they are owed back from Prince/Krause.

What a bunch of crap that was pulled by some greedy men. To think of all what Krause has done for KSU through the years and he does this to them? :cuss::cuss::cuss:

Mr. Krab
05-21-2009, 02:06 PM
That should be Prince's last job as a head coach EVAH.

GoHuge
05-21-2009, 06:47 PM
That should be Prince's last job as a head coach EVAH.Yeah not only is he a mediocre coach at best he's a slimy f**k ta boot. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. He might do something to improve his coaching ability, but the fact that if he sees his ship sinking he'll try and financially sink the athletic department. I don't care how slick he is in the interview process. If an AD did give him a job that should be a fireable offense. As hard as fund raising can be for a school like K-State a school just can't take the risk of a disgruntled coach that sucks at his job trying to sabotage everything on his way out. God I wish this was somehow a criminal offense.

Pitt Gorilla
05-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Man, I recall many K-State fans telling me how great of a coach Scary Smart was going to be. WTF was up with that?

Mr. Krab
05-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah not only is he a mediocre coach at best he's a slimy f**k ta boot. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. He might do something to improve his coaching ability, but the fact that if he sees his ship sinking he'll try and financially sink the athletic department. I don't care how slick he is in the interview process. If an AD did give him a job that should be a fireable offense. As hard as fund raising can be for a school like K-State a school just can't take the risk of a disgruntled coach that sucks at his job trying to sabotage everything on his way out. God I wish this was somehow a criminal offense.
He's got a job at Virginia as a special teams coach. If i'm Virginia i would find out the facts and if they are true then i would fire him. A weasel is a weasel no matter the position. What is prince gonna do next, take money to give the other team next weeks game plan? Release injury report information to get a promotion job at another school. No Thanks, want no part of Prince at any level.

kstater
05-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Ron Prince proves yet again that he has big balls.

I'm surprised the corporation wasn't named fake punt/fg.

hawkchief
05-21-2009, 08:00 PM
THuggins/Prince/Krause: Makes Wefald look dumber than dumb.

mikeyis4dcats.
05-21-2009, 08:01 PM
in the latest twist, KSU registered the LLC "In Pursuit of Perfection" today. Prince's LLC was registered as IIP LLC. The contract signed specifically states "In Pursuit of Perfection LLC"

LOL. Prince fucked up.

kstater
05-21-2009, 08:02 PM

Can't believe you still think "Thuggins" was a failure. I can promise you it was a success. You're still bitching about it.

ChiTown
05-21-2009, 08:25 PM

ROFL

aKademic fraUd

Coach
05-22-2009, 06:17 AM

And there's Kansas sports, the best in Academic Fraud.

WilliamTheIrish
05-22-2009, 06:28 AM

Although nearly impossible, you've become a parody of yourself.

CoMoChief
05-22-2009, 06:36 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/KSU/princeol3.gif

Ron Prince was a Bushwacker?

WilliamTheIrish
05-22-2009, 06:38 AM
Man, I recall many K-State fans telling me how great of a coach Scary Smart was going to be. WTF was up with that?

He beat Texas. Twice.

And if I searched, I'm sure I could find some posts that would call for Pinkels head.

Coach
05-22-2009, 06:39 AM
Ron Prince was a Bushwacker?

Nice, a KU fan can't spell Bushwhacker correctly. ;)

And as much as Prince wanted to be a Bushwhacker, he ain't got nothing on Butch and Lee....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DhfkI4I8puE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DhfkI4I8puE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CoMoChief
05-22-2009, 06:47 AM
Nice, a KU fan can't spell Bushwhacker correctly. ;)

And as much as Prince wanted to be a Bushwhacker, he ain't got nothing on Butch and Lee....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DhfkI4I8puE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DhfkI4I8puE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gotta love the spelling police.

Saulbadguy
05-22-2009, 07:13 AM
He beat Texas. Twice.

And if I searched, I'm sure I could find some posts that would call for Pinkels head.

Pitt Gorilla aka Cliff Clavin just had to drop in and point out how much of a Chiefsplanet genious he is.

Mr. Krab
05-22-2009, 08:47 AM
in the latest twist, KSU registered the LLC "In Pursuit of Perfection" today. Prince's LLC was registered as IIP LLC. The contract signed specifically states "In Pursuit of Perfection LLC"

LOL. Prince ****ed up.
Wow, so now KSU is just going to pay itself that 3 million. ROFL