PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Feds set to own GMAC....

petegz28
05-21-2009, 07:28 AM
Feds to inject $7.5B more into GMAC
David Shepardson / Detroit News Washington Bureau
Washington -- The Treasury Department is preparing to announce as early as today that it will invest an additional $7.5 billion in GMAC LLC in a deal that could allow the U.S. government to hold a majority stake in the Detroit-based auto finance company.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090520/AUTO01/905200376/Feds-to-inject-$7.5B-more-into-GMAC

I would like to say this is utter bullshit

BigRedChief
05-21-2009, 07:32 AM
When the economy returns GMAC should be able to be sold off. It will be a viable company in the future.

petegz28
05-21-2009, 07:35 AM
When the economy returns GMAC should be able to be sold off. It will be a viable company in the future.

Yea well that doesn't make me feel better about the Fed Gov owning majority stakes in private sector companies.

BigRedChief
05-21-2009, 07:38 AM
Yea well that doesn't make me feel better about the Fed Gov owning majority stakes in private sector companies.
Wellll I'm trusting Obama on this one when he says he has no desire to run a bank, insurance or car company. That when the economy recovers we will sell them off to the private sector.

petegz28
05-21-2009, 07:41 AM
Wellll I'm trusting Obama on this one when he says he has no desire to run a bank, insurance or car company. That when the economy recovers we will sell them off to the private sector.

LMAO

Ok.....he keeps taking bigger and bigger stakes in all these companies and dictatiting policy for them....but no...he doesn't want to own or run them

ROFL

stevieray
05-21-2009, 07:48 AM
Wellll I'm trusting Obama on this one when he says he has no desire to run a bank, insurance or car company.

When you fire and replace the CEO. you're running the company.

your exaggerated exaltation is only setting the stage for a bigger fall

wild1
05-21-2009, 07:50 AM

do you ever post something that isn't directly copied from one of his speeches or his website? sheesh. you're like a parrot

BigRedChief
05-21-2009, 07:54 AM
When you fire and replace the CEO. you're running the company.

your exaggerated exaltation is only setting the stage for a bigger fall
maybe.:hmmm:

HonestChieffan
05-21-2009, 07:58 AM
Obummers plan to own and control credit moves on. Our freedoms grow narrower and narrower.

petegz28
05-21-2009, 08:03 AM
And now they are saying this will only be the frist phase and that it will take roughyl $14bil over all.

Millions of people out of work and we are handing billions upon billions of $'s out to companies like it is no big deal.

MagicHef
05-21-2009, 08:05 AM
I wonder what the other car companies are thinking right now. I'm not sure they ever imagined that they would be competing directly against the US Government.

Brock
05-21-2009, 08:14 AM

There isn't anything you're not trusting Obama on. Literally nothing.

BigRedChief
05-21-2009, 08:42 AM
There isn't anything you're not trusting Obama on. Literally nothing.
benefit of doubt time. It's only been 4 months and I'm happy with what he has done so far so...yes, he's still getting the benefit of doubt.

HonestChieffan
05-21-2009, 08:42 AM
benefit of doubt time. It's only been 4 months and I'm happy with what he has done so far so...yes, he's still getting the benefit of doubt.

What has he done so far?

petegz28
05-21-2009, 08:47 AM

WTF has he done so far besides outspend 8 years of Bush spending in 4 months?

BigRedChief
05-21-2009, 09:08 AM
What has he done so far?
Non-partisan website devoted to political facts and calling out politicans on their BS.

Promises kept by Obama:
Page 1
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/promise-kept/

Page 2
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/promise-kept/?page=2

HonestChieffan
05-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Oh I thought you had some things you could discuss. Sorry.

BigRedChief
05-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Oh I thought you had some things you could discuss. Sorry.
Your mind is made up. Why bother?

SBK
05-21-2009, 10:11 AM

What do you call it when someone says one thing, then does the exact opposite?

Brock
05-21-2009, 11:56 AM

What a foolish viewpoint.

Calcountry
05-21-2009, 12:24 PM
WTF has he done so far besides outspend 8 years of Bush spending in 4 months?He has apologized to the Muslims, apologized to Europe, apologized to South America, and apologized to the DETAINEES for water boarding them.

patteeu
05-22-2009, 06:10 AM
What has he done so far?

BigRedChief is apparently a fan of bringing our country to it's knees.

BucEyedPea
05-22-2009, 06:44 AM
Non-partisan website devoted to political facts and calling out politicans on their BS.

Promises kept by Obama:
Page 1
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/promise-kept/

Page 2
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/promise-kept/?page=2

I'm more afraid at Obama keeping his 90% of his promises, especially on domestic issues.

Amnorix
05-22-2009, 06:48 AM
*sigh*

BucEyedPea
05-22-2009, 06:51 AM
Sigh sums it up well enough.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 07:37 AM
What a foolish viewpoint.
Thats the best thing that we have in America. You can have your viewpoint and I can have my viewpoint. We have elections of like minded people with our viewpoint and then they create laws, change policies etc.

Thats all that is happening now. Obama is just changing and or implementing the policies that he said he would in the campaign. I understand you don't like those policies and need to rail against those policies. I was stuck in the same boat with Bush.

So I completely understand your frustration but elections have consequenses. And with only 23% of Americans calling theirselfs Republicans its going to be a long haul for us to get back to a "real" two party system.

Brock
05-22-2009, 08:45 AM
Thats all that is happening now. Obama is just changing and or implementing the policies that he said he would in the campaign. I understand you don't like those policies and need to rail against those policies. I was stuck in the same boat with Bush.

Obama never said anything about buying or bailing out private businesses. Also, if you think I'm "railing" about Obama, you have a problem with your reading skills.

SBK
05-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Thats the best thing that we have in America. You can have your viewpoint and I can have my viewpoint. We have elections of like minded people with our viewpoint and then they create laws, change policies etc.

So I completely understand your frustration but elections have consequenses. And with only 23% of Americans calling theirselfs Republicans its going to be a long haul for us to get back to a "real" two party system.

Wait till 2010.

I do agree that our differences are what makes us great--if we were all the same this would be a very boring place to live.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Wait till 2010.

I do agree that our differences are what makes us great--if we were all the same this would be a very boring place to live.
The party in power always loses it power by overreaching its agenda. Obama has a lot to pull off before 2012,

blaise
05-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Let Barack Obama get you into a great deal on a new car. Come on down. Vote for me and get a free tank of gas.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Let Barack Obama get you into a great deal on a new car. Come on down. Vote for me and get a free tank of gas.
Taking all the sales tax and excise taxes off your taxes had got me thinking of buying a new car even though its running good for a car with 129K miles on it. They pass that klunkers bill where we would get more money off the tax bill we will defintely buy a new car.

blaise
05-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Taking all the sales tax and excise taxes off your taxes had got me thinking of buying a new car even though its running good for a car with 129K miles on it. They pass that klunkers bill where we would get more money off the tax bill we will defintely buy a new car.

Well come on down then! No credit application refused at Crazy Barry Motors. Your vote is your credit. How bout this brand new Suburban? Can't have it, the gas mileage is too poor.

Pitt Gorilla
05-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Obummers plan to own and control credit moves on. Our freedoms grow narrower and narrower.Which freedoms have you lost?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Obummers plan to own and control credit moves on. Our freedoms grow narrower and narrower.

LMAO Right. Because the conservatives were always about freedom. I mean, they are. As long as you have PLENTY of money.

patteeu
05-22-2009, 02:06 PM
LMAO Right. Because the conservatives were always about freedom. I mean, they are. As long as you have PLENTY of money.

Can you give me an example?

Brock
05-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Which freedoms have you lost?

Ask penchief.