PDA

View Full Version : Royals White Sox News: The Deal is Almost Done

Buck
05-21-2009, 09:50 AM
A deal has been agreed upon to send Jake Peavy to the White Sox for 4 top prospects and a fifth starter in the rotation.

The trade is contingent upon Jake Peavy waiving his no trade clause.

Buck
05-21-2009, 09:52 AM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/story?id=4191562

The San Diego Padres could be on the verge of dealing staff ace Jake Peavy to the Chicago White Sox, the San Diego Union-Tribune reports.

Padres personnel said Peavy met with manager Bud Black late Wednesday night to discuss the possibility, the newspaper reported.

Peavy declined comment after meeting with Black, the newspaper reported. Peavy has a full no-trade clause, so his approval would be necessary for any deal to happen.

One of Peavy's teammates said he believes Peavy respects the White Sox for pursuing a trade for him, but may have reservations about playing for White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, according to the report.

The Padres were said to be close to dealing Peavy to the Chicago Cubs during the offseason, but that trade did not materialize.

Peavy is due to earn $11 million this season. Padres GM Kevin Towers has said the Padres are about $5 million above the $40 million player payroll that the team's majority owner, John Moores, has set for this season, according to the report.

Peavy is currently 3-5 with a 3.82 ERA for the Padres, who are 18-22 and third in the NL West, 10 games behind the first-place Los Angeles Dodgers.

Ari Chi3fs
05-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Man, get Dayton on teh phone... lets trade for Peavy!! lets trade Ponson & Farnsworth... and the Ghost of Ross Gload!!

Mr. Krab
05-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Gordon for Peavy!!

The Bad Guy
05-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Peavy will get smashed in that park. Absolutely smashed.

CaliforniaChief
05-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Peavy is a stud. I do NOT want him in the division, especially with the White Sox.

The Bad Guy
05-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Peavy is a stud. I do NOT want him in the division, especially with the White Sox.

Peavy hasn't been a stud in 2 years. He benefits greatly from pitching in a monster park.

You do not sell the farm for this guy.

kc rush
05-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Peavy hasn't been a stud in 2 years. He benefits greatly from pitching in a monster park.

Just curious (and lazy) what are his home/away splits?

Sure-Oz
05-21-2009, 10:17 AM
I don't like this deal for ME or the whitesox, i got peavy on my fantasy team and he's been rocked already this year

Buck
05-21-2009, 10:17 AM

He hasn't had the greatest run support.

Last year he was 10-11, but had an ERA of 2.85

You are probably right about Petco Park helping him though. I still think he is a Staff Ace.

Buck
05-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Just curious (and lazy) what are his home/away splits?

2008 Season
1.74 ERA at home
4.28 ERA on the road

Career
2.81 ERA at home
3.82 ERA on the road

Mr. Krab
05-21-2009, 10:20 AM
His record really doesn't mean anything, it's all about the ERA.

Demonpenz
05-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Good bring him to the K. Jacobs will hit the fucking sheriden off of his punk ass

Buck
05-21-2009, 11:13 AM
This article made me laugh

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/05/report-white-sox-close-to-deal-with-san-diego-for-peavy.html

Heres a quote from said article

""We'll put him in a better chance to win and less of a chance to lose," Guillen said."

So what Guillen is saying is that the White Sox in the AL Central have a better chance of winning than the Padres do in the NL West?

As of this morning the White Sox are 17-22 and in 4th place in the AL Central, while the Padres are 18-22 and in 3rd place in the NL West.

Guillen is a retard. I guess you cant talk crap about your own team though.

whoman69
05-21-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't see Peavy waiving his no trade clause to go to the White Sox. They are not really a contender, and adding Peavy won't make them one.

CaliforniaChief
05-21-2009, 11:16 AM
This article made me laugh

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/05/report-white-sox-close-to-deal-with-san-diego-for-peavy.html

Heres a quote from said article

""We'll put him in a better chance to win and less of a chance to lose," Guillen said."

So what Guillen is saying is that the White Sox in the AL Central have a better chance of winning than the Padres do in the NL West?

As of this morning the White Sox are 17-22 and in 4th place in the AL Central, while the Padres are 18-22 and in 3rd place in the NL West.

Guillen is a retard. I guess you cant talk crap about your own team though.

While I don't dispute your notion that Guillen is a retard, I do dispute the premise of your post. The White Sox have a much better chance to win the AL Central than the Padres have of winning the NL West. The Dodgers are going to have that division in full lock-down by the end of June. The AL Central is up for grabs and I would say at least 4 teams have a legitimate chance to win it, IMHO.

Demonpenz
05-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Remember when Steve Lyons pulled down his pants? Guillen was staring at his cock like no other

Buck
05-21-2009, 11:21 AM
While I don't dispute your notion that Guillen is a retard, I do dispute the premise of your post. The White Sox have a much better chance to win the AL Central than the Padres have of winning the NL West. The Dodgers are going to have that division in full lock-down by the end of June. The AL Central is up for grabs and I would say at least 4 teams have a legitimate chance to win it, IMHO.

The thing about the NL West is that every single year somebody wins it that you wouldn't expect. The Dodgers have been in a rut as of late, and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the Giants or Padres put together a run to win the division. I think 85 wins takes the division this year.

wild1
05-21-2009, 11:23 AM
The thing about the NL West is that every single year somebody wins it that you wouldn't expect.

part of that is because none of those teams are any good.

CaliforniaChief
05-21-2009, 11:36 AM
part of that is because none of those teams are any good.

Um, do you guys realize that the Dodgers have won 6 out of7, have the best record in baseball, and the largest lead of any division leader?

MIAdragon
05-21-2009, 12:06 PM
the guys going to get bombed in the AL.

CaliforniaChief
05-21-2009, 12:17 PM
the guys going to get bombed in the AL.

I'd give up prospects for him. The fact that he wins any games with a team like the Padres is ridiculous. He still has lights-out stuff and knows how to win. The other pitcher gets to pitch at Petco against him too.

MIAdragon
05-21-2009, 12:25 PM
I'd give up prospects for him. The fact that he wins any games with a team like the Padres is ridiculous. He still has lights-out stuff and knows how to win. The other pitcher gets to pitch at Petco against him too.

It really depends on how much you have to give up. The WSox could have signed DLowe for just $$$ last offseason and not had to give up anything IMO that would have been a better deal.

Buck
05-21-2009, 12:27 PM
It really depends on how much you have to give up. The WSox could have signed DLowe for just $$$ last offseason and not had to give up anything IMO that would have been a better deal.

Yeah, they are giving up their #1 pitching prospect, and possibly their #1 overall prospect who plays Short Stop. Plus 2 other prospects and their 5th starter.

MIAdragon
05-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah, they are giving up their #1 pitching prospect, and possibly their #1 overall prospect who plays Short Stop. Plus 2 other prospects and their 5th starter.

LMAO no fing way.

Buck
05-21-2009, 12:45 PM
LMAO no fing way.

Yeah. I don't want to see Peavy go, however this will immediately boost the Padres Farm system, while the White Soxs will be mortgaging their future.

Demonpenz
05-21-2009, 01:00 PM
GO FIGHTING FRYERS!@

Buck
05-21-2009, 01:09 PM
GO FIGHTING FRYERS!@

Its Friars, moran.

And all signs are pointing to him vetoing the trade.

Sorry penz, Jacobs wont be crushing the Ramada Inn any time soon.

Sure-Oz
05-21-2009, 01:12 PM
It's rumored as of right now he'll decline the deal

MIAdragon
05-21-2009, 01:37 PM
It's rumored as of right now he'll decline the deal

Cant say I blame the guy.

Ultra Peanut
05-21-2009, 01:47 PM
FUCK DIS

Buck
05-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Padres just traded Jody Gerut to the Brewers for Tony Gwynn Jr.

Sure-Oz
05-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Padres just traded Jody Gerut to the Brewers for Tony Gwynn Jr.

ROFL

MIAdragon
05-21-2009, 03:05 PM
ROFL

this

Buck
05-21-2009, 03:06 PM
ROFL

this

Who exactly is getting laughed at here?

MIAdragon
05-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Who exactly is getting laughed at here?

you're not going to like the answer.

Ultra Peanut
05-21-2009, 04:23 PM
~legacy~

Buck
05-21-2009, 04:51 PM
In other White Sox news, they lost 20-1 to the Twins today.

What a bad day to be a Sox fan. First you think you are getting Peavy, then you dont.

Then you lose by 19 to a divisional opponent.

Miles
05-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Chicago Sun Times is saying it's dead because Peavy didn't agree.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/2009/05/peavy_deal_is_dead.html

Sure-Oz
05-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Chicago Sun Times is saying it's dead because Peavy didn't agree.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/2009/05/peavy_deal_is_dead.html

He said fuck that after seeing that score

CaliforniaChief
05-21-2009, 06:17 PM
He said **** that after seeing that score

Good, I'm glad he rejected it.

Buck
05-21-2009, 06:18 PM
His list was these teams: Cubs, Dodgers, Braves, Cardinals, Astros

I really doubt he'd accept anywhere else.

L.A. Chieffan
05-21-2009, 06:20 PM
peavys a cheat fuck em

Buck
05-21-2009, 06:25 PM
peavys a cheat **** em

WTF are you talking about?

L.A. Chieffan
05-21-2009, 06:28 PM
WTF are you talking about?

I was watching this game against the dodgers. i think it was a like a 2 hit CG or something. anyways immediately after the last pitch, here's the pic...

Buck
05-21-2009, 06:35 PM
I was watching this game against the dodgers. i think it was a like a 2 hit CG or something. anyways immediately after the last pitch, here's the pic...

Oh.

Manny did Steroids.

dj56dt58
05-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Oh.

Manny did Steroids.

ROFL

nice

Buck
05-22-2009, 11:29 AM
ROFL

nice

I was shocked, SHOCKED, that LAC didn't respond...

MIAdragon
05-22-2009, 11:36 AM
His list was these teams: Cubs, Dodgers, Braves, Cardinals, Astros

I really doubt he'd accept anywhere else.

He said he would go to a few AL teams, I know he said he'd pitch for the Redsox but Ill pass thank you.

Buck
05-22-2009, 11:45 AM
He said he would go to a few AL teams, I know he said he'd pitch for the Redsox but Ill pass thank you.

The list I put up was his teams before the season.

I don't think he wants to pitch for any team on the East Coast, unless they are more southern like Atlanta.

Demonpenz
05-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Whenever I see the nickname california chief it makes me think of like an Indian native american chief, but in the david lee roth california girls video (which i should look up on youtube for a nostalgia wackoff session!) Julie brown, kennedy, kurt loder ftw!

MIAdragon
05-22-2009, 12:20 PM
The list I put up was his teams before the season.

I don't think he wants to pitch for any team on the East Coast, unless they are more southern like Atlanta.

"In case you were wondering … according to San Diego pitcher Jake Peavy, the Red Sox were never excluded from teams he would accept a trade to. Initially, Padres general manager Kevin Towers had said at the General Managers’ Meetings in November that the only two American League teams on Peavy’s list of acceptable trade destinations were the Angels and Yankees. Later in the offseason, Peavy’s agent, Barry Axelrod, said that his client would, indeed, be open to a deal with the Red Sox.

Monday, at the Team USA workout at the Rogers Centre, Peavy looked to clarify.

“Boston was a place that I told the Padres I would certainly be interested in playing,” the 28-year-old said. “I don’t know if there were any talks. I gave the Padres a list and Boston was on that list. Boston was a place I told the Padres I would be interested in playing at. Set that straight for sure.”

Buck
05-22-2009, 12:25 PM
"In case you were wondering … according to San Diego pitcher Jake Peavy, the Red Sox were never excluded from teams he would accept a trade to. Initially, Padres general manager Kevin Towers had said at the General Managers’ Meetings in November that the only two American League teams on Peavy’s list of acceptable trade destinations were the Angels and Yankees. Later in the offseason, Peavy’s agent, Barry Axelrod, said that his client would, indeed, be open to a deal with the Red Sox.

Monday, at the Team USA workout at the Rogers Centre, Peavy looked to clarify.

“Boston was a place that I told the Padres I would certainly be interested in playing,” the 28-year-old said. “I don’t know if there were any talks. I gave the Padres a list and Boston was on that list. Boston was a place I told the Padres I would be interested in playing at. Set that straight for sure.”

I see. Well I usually listen to sports radio in the car, and the Peavy talk has been pretty hot and heavy since the end of football season, and they pretty much narrowed it to the 5 teams I mentioned, but the Astros, Cards, and Braves said they weren't interested.

Buck
07-31-2009, 03:50 PM
The Chicago White Sox have acquired right-handed pitcher Jake Peavy, a two-time All-Star and the 2007 National League Cy Young Award winner, from the San Diego Padres in exchange for left-handers Aaron Poreda and Clayton Richard and right-handers Dexter Carter and Adam Russell.

Miles
07-31-2009, 03:52 PM
Definitely surprising considering Jake Peavy is injured. Guess watching a few months of that SD offense made the White Sox more appealing to Peavy this time around.

Pioli Zombie
07-31-2009, 05:13 PM
Victor Martinez for Justin Masterson and 2 bags of fritos. Once again, nice move Theo!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

BigChiefFan
07-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Wow. This move makes me hate the Royals' half-assed approach to the game that much more.

Reaper16
07-31-2009, 05:37 PM
Victor Martinez for Justin Masterson and 2 bags of fritos. Once again, nice move Theo!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
You underrate the prospects that you haven't heard of.