PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security Another feather in the cap for Bush/Cheney

patteeu
05-21-2009, 11:07 AM
This isn't a re-post, it's a corrected replacement post for the horribly mis-titled abomination that BigRedChief posted earlier this morning.

4 arrested in alleged NYC synagogue bomb plot (http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/21/ny.bomb.plot/index.html)

To summarize the article, the Bush administration got wind of a terrorist plot and came up with a scheme to supply these would-be terrorists with fake versions of the bombs they were attempting to acquire. When these mostly-homegrown, thoroughly radical muslim terrrorists attempted to put their plot into action, the Obama-led feds, standing on the broad shoulders of the Bush/Cheney administration, took them into custody. The end.

BigRedChief
05-21-2009, 11:25 AM
FTR, I was just having a little fun with the whole Cheney kept us safe BS that he's all over the telly spewing forth. As I made clear in the 2nd post I in no way shape/form or intent was giving any credit to Obama for this FBI operation.

If we are going to start new threads for misleading titles in this forum then thats all there will be in this forum.

As far as they kept us safe BS, I'm not buying it. Why come here to kill americans when we made it easy to attack americans by goinng to them in Iraq.

patteeu
05-21-2009, 11:35 AM
They absolutely kept our country safe. Yes, it cost some valuable lives of US service men and women, but that's what happens in wars. FDR traded a lot of lives in WWII to stop Japan and Germany from conquering a lot of non-US territory. I'm sure that in at least the short run, we could have preserved more American life if we'd have turned the other cheek at Pearl Harbor and stayed out of the European theater altogether.

Cannibal
05-21-2009, 11:37 AM
They absolutely kept our country safe. Yes, it cost some valuable lives of US service men and women, but that's what happens in wars. FDR traded a lot of lives in WWII to stop Japan and Germany from conquering a lot of non-US territory. I'm sure that in at least the short run, we could have preserved more American life if we'd have turned the other cheek at Pearl Harbor and stayed out of the European theater altogether.

Except for the largest foreign attack on US soil in the history of the USA.

BigRedChief
05-21-2009, 11:45 AM
So Saddam = the same type of threat that the Nazi's did to our way of life?

patteeu
05-21-2009, 12:02 PM

So you're saying it's a good analogy. I agree.

patteeu
05-21-2009, 12:03 PM

No, I'm saying that radical islamist jihadis represent a similar type of threat. Saddam was just one of the pieces on the chess board.

Chief Henry
05-21-2009, 12:41 PM
LOL at some of the people on this board. Its now BS that we were kept safe after 911

Beam me up Scotty...

Amnorix
05-21-2009, 12:43 PM
This isn't a re-post, it's a corrected replacement post for the horribly mis-titled abomination that BigRedChief posted earlier this morning.

4 arrested in alleged NYC synagogue bomb plot (http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/21/ny.bomb.plot/index.html)

To summarize the article, the Bush administration got wind of a terrorist plot and came up with a scheme to supply these would-be terrorists with fake versions of the bombs they were attempting to acquire. When these mostly-homegrown, thoroughly radical muslim terrrorists attempted to put their plot into action, the Obama-led feds, standing on the broad shoulders of the Bush/Cheney administration, took them into custody. The end.

So.....are you suggesting that Bush/Cheney led this task force themselves or something?

I'm just confused why ANY Presidential administration gets any kind of credit for this, as opposed to the FBI?

VAChief
05-21-2009, 12:59 PM

Yes, I don't quite know why we would brag about that record.

Lin "he should not be named" had one bad game kicking, but it was kind of a big one!

petegz28
05-21-2009, 01:01 PM
So.....are you suggesting that Bush/Cheney led this task force themselves or something?

I'm just confused why ANY Presidential administration gets any kind of credit for this, as opposed to the FBI?

I think it is more like you are mad cause Obama can't take credit for it.

petegz28
05-21-2009, 01:01 PM
LOL at some of the people on this board. Its now BS that we were kept safe after 911

Beam me up Scotty...

THIS

modocsot
05-21-2009, 02:39 PM
No, I'm saying that radical islamist jihadis represent a similar type of threat. Saddam was just one of the pieces on the "military-industrial complex" chess board.

FYP. ;)

KILLER_CLOWN
05-21-2009, 02:43 PM
<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=808526880666247652&hl=en&fs=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

KILLER_CLOWN
05-21-2009, 02:46 PM
New York “Terror Plot” Another Government Provocateured Set-Up

Officials seize upon arrests with glee to propagandize for the police state and justify targeting American citizens in war on terror

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Thursday, May 21, 2009

The corporate media and the authorities are having a field day lavishing saturation coverage on the so-called New York “terror plot” in which four men, three of them U.S. citizens, supposedly planned to blow up a Jewish temple and shoot down military planes, feverishly citing it as another example of why we should accept police state measures in major cities and the targeting of American citizens as “domestic terrorists”.

The only problem with this premise, mirroring just about every other major terror plot and terror bust that we have ever studied, is that the men were radicalized and provocateured by an FBI informant, who provided the group with the fake weapons that led to their arrest.

Just as in every other case, the men will likely turn out to be semi-retarded dropouts who eagerly followed the fed’s lead in the pursuit of a promise of massive cash gifts and a way out of their miserable poverty-stricken lives. However, this won’t be reported with one iota of the gusto that the corporate media are pushing this story today.

What we already know for sure is that the men had been under FBI surveillance for nearly a year. The fact that it took the feds nearly 12 months to get the men to accept fake weapons in order for them to be charged with “conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction within the United States” is evidence in and of itself that this was a case of entrapment, which is only confirmed when we learn that, “The FBI and other agencies monitored the men and provided an inactive missile and inert C-4 to the informant for the defendants.”

Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., said that “the group was relatively unsophisticated, penetrated early and not connected to any outside group.”

Once again, the FBI identified a disparate group of men that shared the majority of the country’s opinion that the war on terror was wrong, radicalized them, offered them cash incentives for following the lead of the FBI informant and then finally, after a year, got them to accept fake weapons. As in every other case, Without the involvement of the FBI informant, there would have been no “terror plot” to speak of.

The feds cooked up a phony terror plot and pinned it on these poor suckers so that they could launch a new PR assault for the flagging war on terror and get Americans to submit to increased surveillance, bag searches and checkpoints that are now commonplace in New York City.

This whole PR stunt in another psychological trick designed to enlist public support for the wars in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq as well as a police state at home to deal with “domestic terrorists.” We learn that the suspects were upset about “Muslim people were being killed in Afghanistan and Pakistan by U.S. military forces,” according to officials, the implication being that anyone who opposes the “war on terror” is a potential terrorist themselves.

Officials have seized upon the arrests to propagandize for the police state with glee, as well as refocusing the apparatus of the war on terror to target U.S. citizens as “homegrown terrorists”.

“This latest attempt to attack our freedoms shows that the homeland security threats against New York City are sadly all too real and underscores why we must remain vigilant in our efforts to prevent terrorism,” New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said in a statement.

“This was a long, well-planned investigation, and it shows how real the threat is from homegrown terrorists,” said Rep. Peter King, of New York.

“The shocking plan to blow up a Jewish house of prayer with what the jihadist terrorists thought were C-4 explosives is dramatic proof that the dangers from such fanaticism have not passed and that American Jews must maintain their vigilance,” said a statement released by the infamous Simon Wiesenthal Center, which routinely cites the threat of federally-provocateured extremists as a reason to crush everyone’s free speech and virtually outlaw criticism of the government Israel and Zionist policies.

Of course it’s no coincidence that this arrives on the heels of widespread fury surrounding the MIAC report and other similar federal documents that equate gun owners, people knowledgeable about the Constitution and people who display political bumper stickers, with dangerous “domestic terrorists”. Officials have seized upon these arrests as a means of reinforcing the notion that “domestic terrorism” is a real threat when in reality we have never come across a “domestic terrorist” that didn’t have a fed standing behind him pulling the strings.

The last such major “domestic terror plot” in America involved a group out of Miami that supposedly planned to “wage a full ground war against the United States” and bomb the Sears Tower, but who actually turned out to be “a bunch of dipshits living in a warehouse,” as The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart described them.

As in every other case we have studied, the men turned out to be a semi-retarded street gang that were provocateured by FBI agents into spewing violent rhetoric yet barely had the capability to make a cheese sandwich, never mind bring down the tallest building in America. What they were interested in was a promise of $50,000 in cash from the government informants who were sent in to radicalize them and create a phony victory for the war on terror.

As the Miami New Times newspaper described it, the “ragtag group couldn’t wage a ground war on a jar of peppercorns.” The whole case descended into a farce as judges repeatedly declared a mistrial while the government tried to save face. After three trials, three juries and nearly three years, the government finally managed to convict the men despite there being “little concrete evidence of an evolving plot,” as in one that was not wholly provocateured by the FBI informant.

While you watch today’s incessant government fearmongering and celebration of their latest “terror bust,” recall how last time they pulled this stunt, and the reality of the “dipshits in a warehouse” farce unfolded, it blew up in their faces and only exposed the entire “war on terror” for what it really is - a manufactured hoax designed purely around enlisting support for bombing brown people in broken-backed third world countries while convincing Americans to accept their own enslavement at home.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090521/ap_on_re_us/us_temple_plot

http://www.prisonplanet.com/police-trained-nationwide-that-informed-americans-are-domestic-terrorists.html

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/june2006/230606searstower.htm

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2007-11-22/news/liberty-city-seven-trial-travesty

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090512/ap_on_re_us/us_terrorism_investigation

http://www.prisonplanet.com/new-york-terror-plot-another-government-provocateured-set-up.html

Amnorix
05-21-2009, 02:48 PM
I think it is more like you are mad cause Obama can't take credit for it.

It never occurred to me, to be honest. I don't see this as getting any credit either way for any party's Prez.

Donger
05-21-2009, 02:52 PM

I think this thread is tongue-in-cheek retaliation for BigRedChief's thread apparently giving credit to Obama for halting the NY terror plot, even though the investigation began in 2008.

Amnorix
05-21-2009, 03:10 PM
I think this thread is tongue-in-cheek retaliation for BigRedChief's thread apparently giving credit to Obama for halting the NY terror plot, even though the investigation began in 2008.

Ah. nm then. I'll go away now. :D

patteeu
05-21-2009, 03:15 PM

The FBI works for and takes direction from the President. Certainly a bunch of the credit belongs to those who were working the case directly, but the President sets policy. For example, it was President Bush who re-focused the FBI on counter-terrorism after 9/11. My thread is about the overall policies of the Bush administration that have kept us safe for almost 8 years and continue to do so even after that regime has left office. Obama screws with his predecessor's success at all of our peril.

Cannibal
05-21-2009, 03:18 PM
The FBI works for and takes direction from the President. Certainly a bunch of the credit belongs to those who were working the case directly, but the President sets policy. For example, it was President Bush who re-focused the FBI on counter-terrorism after 9/11. My thread is about the overall policies of the Bush administration that have kept us safe for almost 8 years and continue to do so even after that regime has left office. Obama screws with his predecessor's success at all of our peril.

Almost 4,000 died on his watch while he was sitting in a classroom reading about sheep. When he was notified of the attack, he sat motionless with blank stare for 7 minutes. His record on national security is pathetic.

patteeu
05-21-2009, 03:20 PM

:thumb: It's tongue-in-cheek, but it's also the truth. Critics of the Bush administration always tried to pretend that the only tool Bush used in his GWoT was military intervention when the truth is that his administration created a multi-faceted response to the terrorism threat that included military, diplomatic, financial, law enforcement, and all the other potential tools at our disposal and that formulation has been quite successful and remains so.

patteeu
05-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Almost 4,000 died on his watch while he was sitting in a classroom reading about sheep. When he was notified of the attack, he sat motionless with blank stare for 7 minutes. His record on national security is pathetic.

Haha, that's idiotic. With the advent of cell phones, phonebooths are getting a lot harder to find. I'm sure if one had been nearby, he would have leapt from his chair in that classroom, ran to the phonebooth and donned his superman costume. Since there wasn't, he did the next best thing and avoided causing a panic while his capable team of real life heroes handled the situation.

Nightwish
05-21-2009, 03:30 PM

Put down the pipe, pat, before you kill too many more brain cells. The operation had little, if anything, to do with Bush/Cheney or Obama/Biden. It was an FBI operation. Cheney didn't oversee it, and in all likelihood had no knowledge of it until the story broke on the news.

Nightwish
05-21-2009, 03:32 PM
:thumb: It's tongue-in-cheek, but it's also the truth. Critics of the Bush administration always tried to pretend that the only tool Bush used in his GWoT was military intervention when the truth is that his administration created a multi-faceted response to the terrorism threat that included military, diplomatic, financial, law enforcement, and all the other potential tools at our disposal and that formulation has been quite successful and remains so.
The Bush administration didn't "create" that multi-faceted response to terrorism, they inherited it. It was there long before they came into power. This was an FBI operation, with the FBI handling a domestic terror threat the same as they've done for decades.

Amnorix
05-21-2009, 03:36 PM

1. I have absolutely no idea to what degree "President Bush re-focused the FBI on counter-terrorism after 9/11", and I kinda doubt you do either.

2. To the degree that he did, first, it's pretty freaking obvious to do so, since they're the PRIMARY agency responsible for internal security from external threats, and second, not many here or elsewhere would disagree with doing that, though some areas such as NSA eavesdropping internally, etc. has been an issue.

Amnorix
05-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Haha, that's idiotic. With the advent of cell phones, phonebooths are getting a lot harder to find. I'm sure if one had been nearby, he would have leapt from his chair in that classroom, ran to the phonebooth and donned his superman costume. Since there wasn't, he did the next best thing and avoided causing a panic while his capable team of real life heroes handled the situation.

Wow, that's some spin...

If the same thing happened tomorrow and Obama did exactly what Bush did, are you absoultey sure you'd say the same thing about him?

Somehow, I'm dubious.

wild1
05-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Wow, that's some spin...

If the same thing happened tomorrow and Obama did exactly what Bush did, are you absoultey sure you'd say the same thing about him?

Somehow, I'm dubious.

he can pick up an ear and put it back on someone, i'm sure Obama could have undone that too.

Nightwish
05-21-2009, 03:42 PM
he can pick up an ear and put it back on someone, i'm sure Obama could have undone that too.
Want to try that one again ... in English?

patteeu
05-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Put down the pipe, pat, before you kill too many more brain cells. The operation had little, if anything, to do with Bush/Cheney or Obama/Biden. It was an FBI operation. Cheney didn't oversee it, and in all likelihood had no knowledge of it until the story broke on the news.

You're starting to repeat yourself.

dirk digler
05-21-2009, 03:49 PM

One of the main priorities of the FBI has always been counter-terrorism but after 9/11 they did do some re-shuffling but that didn't start happening until almost 4 years after 9/11. The actual date for the presidential directive was 9/12/05.

In fact if people don't remember a FBI agent found out about all the terrorist flight training and reported it and the Bush administration ignored it.

patteeu
05-21-2009, 03:49 PM
The Bush administration didn't "create" that multi-faceted response to terrorism, they inherited it. It was there long before they came into power. This was an FBI operation, with the FBI handling a domestic terror threat the same as they've done for decades.

Uh... No.

1. I have absolutely no idea to what degree "President Bush re-focused the FBI on counter-terrorism after 9/11", and I kinda doubt you do either.

2. To the degree that he did, first, it's pretty freaking obvious to do so, since they're the PRIMARY agency responsible for internal security from external threats, and second, not many here or elsewhere would disagree with doing that, though some areas such as NSA eavesdropping internally, etc. has been an issue.

Here's an article from CNN (http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/05/29/fbi.reorganization/index.html) about it.

Of course it's an obvious thing to do. The art is in doing it well. The results seem to support the theory that the Bush administration did a fairly good job with it.

patteeu
05-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Wow, that's some spin...

Somehow, I'm dubious.

Hopefully, the same thing won't happen tomorrow because Obama has much more awareness of the potential threat and is much better armed to deal with that threat, thanks to Bush/Cheney.

However, something is bound to eventually happen again no matter how much effort is put into preventing it. I'll evaluate Obama on the merits when it does.

Donger
05-21-2009, 03:54 PM
However, something is bound to eventually happen again no matter how much effort is put into preventing it. I'll evaluate Obama on the merits when it does.

Heck, Obama's only got two more months to go.

patteeu
05-21-2009, 03:54 PM
One of the main priorities of the FBI has always been counter-terrorism but after 9/11 they did do some re-shuffling but that didn't start happening until almost 4 years after 9/11. The actual date for the presidential directive was 9/12/05.

In fact if people don't remember a FBI agent found out about all the terrorist flight training and reported it and the Bush administration ignored it.

The article in post 31 is from May 2002. This wasn't just a one time minor reshuffling, it was a dramatic makeover of the way our government performs the counter-terrorism mission based on lessons learned from the 9/11 attack, including the lessons learned from the unfortunate flight training incidents to which you refer.

Nightwish
05-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Uh... No.
Uh ... yes. Rearranging the allocation of resources and revamping the methods of communication between agencies is not the same as "creating" a multi-faceted response to terrorism. That multi-faceted response was always there. He changed some aspects of how things were done in a pre-existing framework, he didn't create it out of whole cloth. Keep tokin'!

dirk digler
05-21-2009, 04:00 PM
The article in post 31 is from May 2002. This wasn't just a one time minor reshuffling, it was a dramatic makeover of the way our government performs the counter-terrorism mission based on lessons learned from the 9/11 attack, including the lessons learned from the unfortunate flight training incidents to which you refer.

I am not going to quibble over dates but I will agree the FBI did get a makeover but their No 1 priority has always been counter-terrorism at least for the last 10-15 years.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/nsb/nsb.htm

Since 9/11, the men and women of the FBI have implemented a comprehensive plan that transforms the organization to enhance our ability to predict and prevent terrorism. We have overhauled our counterterrorism operations, expanded our intelligence capabilities, modernized our business practices and technology, and improved coordination with our federal, state, local, and tribal partners. The National Security Branch (NSB) was established on 9/12/05, in response to a presidential directive to establish a “National Security Service” that combines the missions, capabilities, and resources of the counterterrorism, counterintelligence, and intelligence elements of the FBI under the leadership of a senior FBI official.

In July 2006, the Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate was created within the NSB to integrate WMD components previously spread throughout the FBI. The NSB also includes the Terrorist Screening Center, which plays a crucial role in providing actionable intelligence to state and local law enforcement.

Amnorix
05-21-2009, 04:04 PM

I vaguely remember something about this, but again, I don't lay this at Bush's feet. I find it hard to fathom that this went all the way to the WH for action (or inaction).

Amnorix
05-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Hopefully, the same thing won't happen tomorrow because Obama has much more awareness of the potential threat and is much better armed to deal with that threat, thanks to Bush/Cheney.

Wow. Thoes guys really have a big "S" stamped on their chests in your view, don't they. :D

I understand, you may feel the need to go overboard pumping them up because 80% of America thought they sucked and utterly rejected them and their party in 2006 and even more so in 2008, so it's understandable...

:p

dirk digler
05-21-2009, 04:09 PM
I vaguely remember something about this, but again, I don't lay this at Bush's feet. I find it hard to fathom that this went all the way to the WH for action (or inaction).

Well if Pat is going to have Bush\Cheney take credit for the great FBI work they did on this plot they should get the blame of the failures as well.

It was on their watch that the failure happened that is the way it works.

Nightwish
05-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Wow. Thoes guys really have a big "S" stamped on their chests in your view, don't they. :D

I understand, you may feel the need to go overboard pumping them up because 80% of America thought they sucked and utterly rejected them and their party in 2006 and even more so in 2008, so it's understandable...
I think part of it is that patteeu feels rejected by extension. After all, he hung up his hat with them. A large part of his personal identity hinged upon the success of some of those measures he sold his soul for, and now he's railing desperately against the revelation that what he got in exchange for his soul was vinegar instead of mead.

***SPRAYER
05-21-2009, 04:15 PM

Beam me up Scotty...

It truly is sad and pathetic that the O-bots are still harping about Bush/Cheney.

You got your token negro in the white house, rejoice already, and enjoy the collapse.

dirk digler
05-21-2009, 04:16 PM
It truly is sad and pathetic that the O-bots are still harping about Bush/Cheney.

You got your token negro in the white house, rejoice already, and enjoy the collapse.

LMAO

Are you saying Pat is an obot? LMAO

***SPRAYER
05-21-2009, 04:18 PM
LMAO

Uh no... I think you know that.

BWillie

So how many people die per year in the US in the last 20 years from muslim extremest terrorism compared to the lives lost both by Iraqis and Americans?

Nightwish
LMAO

He's definitely a bot, just not an obot.

***SPRAYER
05-21-2009, 04:20 PM
He's definitely a bot, just not an obot.

Swish, by now B.O.'s slimy as s hole must taste like sherbert ice cream to you.

Nightwish
05-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Swish, by now B.O.'s slimy as s hole must taste like sherbert ice cream to you.
You don't read well, do you? The only thing I've said about Obama in this thread is that his administration doesn't deserve the credit for this operation either. Swish! Learn to read, dumbass!

dirk digler
05-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Uh no... I think you know that.

He is the one bringing up Bush\Cheney :p

Redrum_69
05-21-2009, 04:23 PM
the only thing that the Bush/Cheney regime kept safe was their ever expanding wallets full of blood money

KILLER_CLOWN
05-21-2009, 04:37 PM
the only thing that the Bush/Cheney regime kept safe was their ever expanding wallets full of blood money

In comes redrum to end the debate.

patteeu
05-21-2009, 08:46 PM
I am not going to quibble over dates but I will agree the FBI did get a makeover but their No 1 priority has always been counter-terrorism at least for the last 10-15 years.

You're ignoring reality, dirk. The shift after 9/11 was a major shift away from reactive investigations (solving crimes) toward proactive investigations (counter-terrorism intelligence and prevention).

patteeu
05-21-2009, 08:51 PM
So how many people die per year in the US in the last 20 years from muslim extremest terrorism compared to the lives lost both by Iraqis and Americans?

I don't know, but it's probably a lot fewer than if grownups like Bush and Cheney hadn't been there to take prudent actions.

WoodDraw
05-21-2009, 09:00 PM

:p

No kidding.

It's okay to give Bush credit for whatever, but this is hero worship. Didn't the guy basically walk up to an FBI agent or informant and try to buy a missile? Not exactly a Sherlock Holmes novel in the making.

You can make some 5th degree connection between Bush and the arrest, but I give credit to the FBI and NYPD. The agencies aren't micromanged, and I have a hard time believing this same arrest wouldn't have happened under any Presidency.

mlyonsd
05-21-2009, 09:00 PM

Since we're into silly hypotheticals, how many fewer Americans would have lost their lives if we had concentrated our might against Japan and let Europe handle the Western Front?

KILLER_CLOWN
05-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Exactly As We Predicted; Deadly NY Terror Cell Are Semi-Retarded Potheads

As in ever other major case, terror group hyped by media turn out to be low IQ bums radicalized by federal provocateurs

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Friday, May 22, 2009

Exactly as we predicted in our headline story yesterday, two of the ringleaders in the “deadly” New York terror plot salaciously hyped by the media and government officials have turned out to be semi-retarded potheads.

“The men will likely turn out to be semi-retarded dropouts,” we stated in our article yesterday, basing our forecast on the fact that in every other major terror sting in the west given so much prominence by officials and the corporate media, the poor suckers rounded up by the feds always turn out to be low IQ petty criminals down on their luck, provocateured and armed by federal agents.

We already knew that the men were provided with an inert rocket launcher and fake C4 explosives by an FBI informant, and now as more details emerge, our original summation of the case is proving accurate.

According to an Associated Press report, the four men charged with planning to blow up synagogues and military planes, “Were amateurs every step of the way. They had trouble finding guns and bought cameras at Wal-Mart to photograph their targets. One was a convicted purse snatcher, another smoked marijuana the day the plot was to be carried out.”

The report continues,”Relatives said the defendants were down-on-their-luck men who worked at places like Wal-Mart, a landscaping company and a warehouse when they weren’t behind bars. Payen’s lawyer said he was “intellectually challenged” and on medication for schizophrenia. Marilyn Reader said he has “a very low borderline” IQ.”

Of course, it was only after an FBI informant radicalized these bums and provided them with weapons that they became any kind of threat, providing the feds the opportunity to swoop in, declare a victory in the war on terror and use the case as a poster child for Americans to accept police state measures and believe the hype surrounding “domestic terrorists” in the wake of controversy surrounding the MIAC report.

As the AP article concedes, “Some have criticized informants’ roles in such cases, saying they egged on and ensnared suspects who weren’t dangerous.”

As we reiterated yesterday, this same scam is played out every single time, but the media very rarely makes a big deal out of it when the suspects turn out to be retarded bums who couldn’t even have achieved whatever the provocateur prodded them into advocating without direct help from the feds. The original hyped story about the foiled deadly terror plot remains in the memory while the truth surrounding the case is buried near the back of the newspaper.

Nowhere was this more evident than in the case of the ‘Liberty City 7′, a group out of Miami that supposedly planned to “wage a full ground war against the United States” and bomb the Sears Tower, but who actually turned out to be “a bunch of dipshits living in a warehouse,” as The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart described them.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/new-york-terror-plot-another-government-provocateured-set-up.html

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090521/ap_on_re_us/us_temple_plot#

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/june2006/230606searstower.htm

http://www.prisonplanet.com/exactly-as-we-predicted-deadly-ny-terror-cell-are-semi-retarded-potheads.html

patteeu
05-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Exactly As We Predicted; Deadly NY Terror Cell Are Semi-Retarded Potheads

The more interesting biographical element shared by these 4 terrorist suspects is that they became radicalized muslims while in prison. Our prisons are already a breeding ground for anti-American muslims with anti-social tendencies. The last thing we need would be to introduce movement jihadist heroes to the mix. If Obama brings Gitmo detainees to America, he'd better take care to keep them segregated.

Cannibal
05-22-2009, 09:35 PM
The more interesting biographical element shared by these 4 terrorist suspects is that they became radicalized muslims while in prison. Our prisons are already a breeding ground for anti-American muslims with anti-social tendencies. The last thing we need would be to introduce movement jihadist heroes to the mix. If Obama brings Gitmo detainees to America, he'd better take care to keep them segregated.

One thing I've noticed about you is that you're VERY frightened. I am actually and seriously amazed at how afraid you are of terrorism. You must walk out of your house daily wondering if this is the day you get blown up in a suicide attack.

patteeu
05-22-2009, 09:40 PM
One thing I've noticed about you is that you're VERY frightened. I am actually and seriously amazed at how afraid you are of terrorism. You must walk out of your house daily wondering if this is the day you get blown up in a suicide attack.

:LOL: I doubt that I'm as frightened of terrorists as you are of neocons. Whether that's true or not, you're not very perceptive.

Cannibal
05-22-2009, 10:13 PM
:LOL: I doubt that I'm as frightened of terrorists as you are of neocons. Whether that's true or not, you're not very perceptive.

Please calm down and take a deep breath each day before going to work, you really have nothing to be afraid of. I mean I realize Obama is a total ****in wimp who doesn't give two shits if we get taken over by Muslim extremists, but you have a 1,000,000 times greater chance to win the Powerball than you do of being kidnapped and beheaded by terrorist at this point. Barring health problems, I estimate that you will live to the ripe old age of at least 75 despite Obama being President. I sincerely hope that will alleviate some of your fears and will help you live a more carefree life.

Psyko Tek
05-22-2009, 10:40 PM

yup
he was gonna take our oil

Nightwish
05-22-2009, 10:54 PM
There's no reason to fear the neocons anymore. They already did their damage, but now they've been kicked to the curb. About all they can do now is take occasional television opportunities to spin damage control (ala Cheney's speech). They're pretty impotent now.

patteeu
05-23-2009, 12:01 AM
There's no reason to fear the neocons anymore. They already did their damage, but now they've been kicked to the curb. About all they can do now is take occasional television opportunities to spin damage control (ala Cheney's speech). They're pretty impotent now.

Even if that were true, it wouldn't negate the truth in my post.

Nightwish
05-23-2009, 01:24 AM
Even if that were true, it wouldn't negate the truth in my post.
No, the fact that you were talking petulanty out of your ass is what negated the truth in your post.

patteeu
05-23-2009, 01:39 PM
No, the fact that you were talking petulanty out of your ass is what negated the truth in your post.

No matter how little Cannibal fears neocons, he can't possibly fear them less than I fear terrorists.

Nightwish
05-23-2009, 01:46 PM
No matter how little Cannibal fears neocons, he can't possibly fear them less than I fear terrorists.
Who are you trying to convince? You've been jumping at shadows, bawling about the threat of terrorists since day one. Don't sit there now and try to act like you're not afraid of them. There's not a person on this board who is more afraid of them. It was your schtick all through the Bush years. Unless you think that Obama has finally ended the terrorist threat, then I'll wager none of that has actually changed, despite your mewling to the contrary.

patteeu
05-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Who are you trying to convince? You've been jumping at shadows, bawling about the threat of terrorists since day one. Don't sit there now and try to act like you're not afraid of them. There's not a person on this board who is more afraid of them. It was your schtick all through the Bush years. Unless you think that Obama has finally ended the terrorist threat, then I'll wager none of that has actually changed, despite your mewling to the contrary.

I am actually afraid of Obama.

Nightwish
05-23-2009, 02:36 PM
I am actually afraid of Obama.
Yeah, but that's because you're a moron and a parrot. It doesn't excuse your eight-year "the terrorists are gonna get us all!" schtick.

Cannibal
05-24-2009, 02:35 PM
I see Patteeu made it another day without being blown up by a suicide bomb. I am very glad to see that. Seriously.

Ultra Peanut
05-24-2009, 04:09 PM
lol

KILLER_CLOWN
05-24-2009, 10:34 PM
I see Patteeu made it another day without being blown up by a suicide bomb. I am very glad to see that. Seriously.

You would think the FBI could figure out if you're going to set up a group for false flag they could get people a little smarter to do the dirty work, oh wait that wouldn't work either because they would be smart enough to know if someone hands you 50k and a dud missile it might have been a set up.