PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Head Coach

whoman69
05-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Has anyone played the '09 version. They didn't make a PC version so I will never get to play. I recently restarted the 2006 version which is when Herm took over. I bagged all the crap players immediately like Hicks, Bell, Warfield. Tamba Hali and Brodie Croyle were both drafted before my pick so I went with Chris Craig and had to wait on drafting a QB until 2007. I got a franchise QB in the 2008 draft.

The game drops off the skills of everyone on the players' team at age 30, though it doesn't effect AI teams. Roaf was pretty much useless, so no loss there since he retired that year anyway, but then again so was Shields. The one problem is that the game is too easy. Even putting the sliders all the way up to help the AI doesn't really help. The problem is if you know what formation the offense is bringing out, play calling on defense is easy. The AI doesn't always match the formation to the opposition on defense, so they get caught. In four years I have only lost two games and those were in the first year before I discovered how to coach up my players abilities. In the 2009 season I worked on trying to make it more challenging with the sliders.

I've since started a new coach with the Cardinals. Except at WR they had much less talent than the Chiefs. In preseason I whipped up on the defending champion Steelers and the Patriots.

Pestilence
05-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Head Coach 2009 is 10,000,000,000,000 times better than the one you're playing.

Ebolapox
05-21-2009, 10:36 AM
yep, I've had both. the 2009 version is infinitely better. there are bugs, but what game doesn't have bugs? *cough*games not made by EA*cough*

Ultra Peanut
05-21-2009, 12:24 PM
09 is pretty addictive. I'd have played it more if I hadn't been itching to try other things from Gamefly.

whoman69
05-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Since they made the poor decision not to go with a PC version I wont get that game. The fact that they originally packaged it with the Madden game and it was $99 is ridiculous.

Ebolapox
05-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Since they made the poor decision not to go with a PC version I wont get that game. The fact that they originally packaged it with the Madden game and it was $99 is ridiculous.

there was a stretch around thanksgiving and xmas that you could find the game for ps3 at ten bucks. hell, you still may be able to if you look hard enough.

MoreLemonPledge
05-21-2009, 11:05 PM
there was a stretch around thanksgiving and xmas that you could find the game for ps3 at ten bucks. hell, you still may be able to if you look hard enough.

http://www.magoenterprise.com/nfl-head-coach-09-playstation-3-_xs79046.html

Best I could find if anyone is interested.

Ebolapox
05-21-2009, 11:47 PM
http://www.magoenterprise.com/nfl-head-coach-09-playstation-3-_xs79046.html

Best I could find if anyone is interested.

well there
you go
thanks, brah

BryanBusby
05-23-2009, 04:48 AM
I was at Walmart last night and they were selling the PS3 version of Head Coach '09 for $10.

whoman69
05-23-2009, 10:03 AM
I don't have a PS3. If they want to limit their market like that, then I will limit my purchases with them. Any of the bugs in HC06 is manageable if you know what they are. The biggest problem is making the game competitive. I've consistently won Super Bowl by margins that would pale the 49ers v Chargers buttkicking. The PC version even has sliders to supposedly make the game more competitive.

I would be interested to know why the 09 version is superior.

Ebolapox
05-23-2009, 10:19 AM
I don't have a PS3. If they want to limit their market like that, then I will limit my purchases with them. Any of the bugs in HC06 is manageable if you know what they are. The biggest problem is making the game competitive. I've consistently won Super Bowl by margins that would pale the 49ers v Chargers buttkicking. The PC version even has sliders to supposedly make the game more competitive.

I would be interested to know why the 09 version is superior.

the sheer depth is astounding.