L.A. Chieffan
05-21-2009, 05:59 PM
poppin estrogen like tictacs

MoreLemonPledge
05-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Got him on my fantasy team :D

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-21-2009, 06:05 PM
He's been getting consistantly better ever since he was with KC and he was a good player for us. He's always played hard and he's got skills. Raul was my favorite Royals player since Frank White when he played for us and I was pissed when he went back to Seattle in '04. I follow him still. I hope he gets a start in the All-Star game.

doomy3
05-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Yeah, but then what would we do with Guillen? :rolleyes:

JASONSAUTO
05-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Maybe cause he is playing in National

he played well for sea. the last few years

Ari Chi3fs
05-21-2009, 06:27 PM
I ♥ Raoooooool.

BWillie
05-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Yeah, but then what would we do with Guillen? :rolleyes:

Other than Zach, Guillen has been the MVP of our team this year. Talk about a guy that has SO FAR took his game to the next level. He's walking, getting on base, and striking out less. His OBP is at a career high right now. If Guillen can continue doing what he's doing all year he's easily worth all that money and then some.

Hoover
05-21-2009, 07:24 PM
I traded Ricky Nolasco and Kerry Wood for Ibanez and Garrett Atkins before the season started in my league. Pure Gold. Atkins sucks but he's just by reserve dude since I have David Wright.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Other than Zach, Guillen has been the MVP of our team this year. Talk about a guy that has SO FAR took his game to the next level. He's walking, getting on base, and striking out less. His OBP is at a career high right now. If Guillen can continue doing what he's doing all year he's easily worth all that money and then some.

Shhhh... it's not cool to admit any Royals aside from Greinke and Soria might be good. We have several players any team would like to have but somehow they all suck because we haven't won 35 games already.

doomy3
05-21-2009, 08:06 PM

I'm sorry, but he has cost us as many runs as he has gotten us, or at least close to it. If he were on a different team that could afford to DH him, maybe.

And I would say Callaspo, Jacobs, Crisp and probably Teahan have all been more valuable than Guillen already this year.

doomy3
05-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Shhhh... it's not cool to admit any Royals aside from Greinke and Soria might be good. We have several players any team would like to have but somehow they all suck because we haven't won 35 games already.

Oh come on. I am never one to bash a player just because he plays for the Royals/Chiefs. But, to say any team would like to have Guillen just isn't true. He's a nice player, but that's about it.

Also, if anyone doesn't think that an outfield with Ibanez in it instead of Guillen in it wouldn't be MUCH stronger, then I want some of whatever you're smoking.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Oh come on. I am never one to bash a player just because he plays for the Royals/Chiefs. But, to say any team would like to have Guillen just isn't true. He's a nice player, but that's about it.

Also, if anyone doesn't think that an outfield with Ibanez in it instead of Guillen in it wouldn't be MUCH stronger, then I want some of whatever you're smoking.

I just get tired of all the bashing of particular Royals players like Guillen, DDJ, Jacobs, etc. No they aren't superstars but they are solid major league players playing key roles in bringing the team back to respectability, plus Guillen and Jacobs even bring a little attitude with them which the team has been lacking for far too long. We have a long way to go but the team over the last couple seasons has shown it's finally turning the corner. A lot of people like to say these guys suck just because they don't hit a 10 run homer in every at bat.

Over the last season plus the Royals are the better team playing at Truman Sports Complex... but there are still several people on this board that like to act like they don't know they still exist. I even saw someone say how they felt sorry for people who post about the Royals because we shouldn't have any hope I guess. Last time I checked the Royals have won a championship and played in two World Series since the Chiefs have been to the top.

However I realize this is a football forum so you're gonna have that. It's just kind of dumb to me. That's all.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-21-2009, 08:26 PM

I said above that Ibanez was my favorite player since Frank White and yes I would love to have him back and yes he is better than Guillen. I wish we'd never let him go but he wanted to go back to Seattle. I just responded to the post about Guillen because it struck me as just more bashing that came from out of left field. It just bugged me but it's no big deal.

I'm a much bigger Royals fan than Chiefs fan simply because I like baseball better than football and I grew up with the sport and the team so I'm probably more sensitive to that stuff than I should be. I've just rooted for the Royals for so long and heard so much negativity over that time that now that we're getting better and competeing I suppose it bugs me more. Like I said, no biggie.

DeezNutz
05-21-2009, 08:30 PM

You've seen him play outfield, right?

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-21-2009, 08:36 PM
You've seen him play outfield, right?

BWillie was talking about his job at the plate which has gotten markedly better in many ways. There are several guys who are very valuable to their teams who aren't strong in the field i.e. Manny Ramirez. And ftr record I am NOT saying Guillen is as valuable or good as Manny... but he's doing pretty good at his main job.

DeezNutz
05-21-2009, 08:59 PM
BWillie was talking about his job at the plate which has gotten markedly better in many ways. There are several guys who are very valuable to their teams who aren't strong in the field i.e. Manny Ramirez. And ftr record I am NOT saying Guillen is as valuable or good as Manny... but he's doing pretty good at his main job.

His claim was more grand than this, though.

Guillen is having a very average year by all accounts. At the plate he's been fine to above average. I've been impressed with his patience and walk total. That said, for every step forward a team makes because of his offensive performance, at least an equal amount of steps are taken backward because of his play in the field.

I'm good with Guillen being on this team because we all know we need all the ML talent we can get. That said, for the amount of money he's being paid, the signing was a complete joke. Unfortunately, that's the type of player the Royals were able to sign.

Hope this changes in the not-too-distant future.

kstater
05-21-2009, 09:09 PM
He'll have bitch tits in 5 years.

Simply Red
05-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Raul is fucking totally tubular@

DeezNutz
05-21-2009, 10:54 PM
His claim was more grand than this, though.

Guillen is having a very average year by all accounts. At the plate he's been fine to above average. I've been impressed with his patience and walk total. That said, for every step forward a team makes because of his offensive performance, at least an equal amount of steps are taken backward because of his play in the field.

I'm good with Guillen being on this team because we all know we need all the ML talent we can get. That said, for the amount of money he's being paid, the signing was a complete joke. Unfortunately, that's the type of player the Royals were able to sign.

Hope this changes in the not-too-distant future.

No need to believe me about Guillen being average at best at the plate this season. Here's Dayton's take on this team's offensive performance thus far:

“(Alberto) Callaspo has been good,” Moore said. “Coco (Crisp) has been good. Billy Butler has been good. And everybody else is capable of doing much, much better (offensively)."

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/royals/story/1208962.html

BWillie
05-22-2009, 02:25 AM
Guillen has made some miscues in the outfield this year no doubt about it, but he only has one official error. Regardless, I'm commending him on getting more disciplined at the plate. I didn't care much for Guillen last year, but he's doing great this year. Highest OBP on the team and if he hadn't been on the DL he would easily have the most RBI's on the team. I still think he's going to start hacking at crap and striking out Olivio style but hey, he's doing good so far.

Silock
05-22-2009, 02:56 AM
Guillen is a good player for us, but he's just too damn slow. We knew that going in, though, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

WilliamTheIrish
05-22-2009, 03:25 AM
Jesus H. Tap Dancing Christ. Ibanez has been gone for 6 years. Yea, he's an ex-Royal. Some of you sorry f*cks live so far in the past it's incredible.

For the idiots: The Royals are two games above .500. The division is not lost. We need a bat for sure. They need to play better defense. But if you're even a casual fan of the game/team you knew that going into the season. This team is not the 77 Royals in the OF. If you thought they would be, then you're a clueless bunch of f*ckwits and you deserve to live in Pete's neighborhood.

*posted via anger device