PDA

View Full Version : Royals ***OFFICIAL*** Royals vs. Cardinals Series Thread

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 08:44 AM
ST. LOUIS -- The comeback for Royals fans used to be that at least their team had won a World Series more recently than the Cardinals. Then St. Louis won the 2006 World Series and left Kansas City fans with nothing to say when their Royals lost another Interleague series to the cross-state-rival Cardinals.

But things are different this year. The Royals are second in the American League Central, and the Cardinals aren't entering the three-game series as the dominating favorites. In addition, other National League Central teams aren't complaining that the Cardinals get to face the Royals -- as they have in years past.
<TABLE class=floatLeft cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=125 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>[/URL]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
That's because despite losing seven out of their past 10 games, the Royals are a game above .500 and sit three games behind the division-leading Detroit Tigers. Not since 2003 have both the Cardinals and Royals been as close to each other standings-wise as they are this year, with the Cardinals also sitting in second place in the NL Central.
"Their record speaks for itself," said pitcher Chris Perez. "It's not a fluke. They play solid baseball."

The Royals' pitching staff brings the second-best ERA in baseball, and the best in the AL, at 3.79 with them to St. Louis. The Cardinals catch a break in that Kansas City ace Zack Greinke pitched Thursday and won't appear in the three-game series, but they will face Brian Bannister -- who is 3-1 with a 2.75 ERA -- in Sunday's series finale.

"It's going to be a huge series," said Cardinals pitcher Brad Thompson. "They are a great team this year. They've got some great pitching and some great bats in that lineup. It's going to be an exciting one, and I'm sure the fans around here are pumped to see it."

The Cardinals' Interleague schedule this year features a couple of familiar teams in the Royals and Tigers, and a couple of new teams in the Cleveland Indians and Minnesota Twins. St. Louis has played Detroit on the road in each of the past three seasons, but the clubs will meet in St. Louis this year on June 16-18. The Cardinals then make the return trip to Kansas City on June 19-21.

The Cardinals will travel to Cleveland to play the Indians, but they will host the Twins. The series against Minnesota will allow Kyle Lohse the opportunity to face his former team.

"Since I've spent so many years in the American League, Interleague Play is kind of like a 'going back to your old stomping grounds' kind of thing for me," Lohse said. "The Twins come here -- luckily I don't have to go back to the dome. That place isn't too fun to play in. But yeah, it's always fun to play teams that you don't see for a while and stuff."

The Cardinals, who are coming off a three-game sweep of their bigger rival, the Chicago Cubs, now move from the I-55 series to the I-70 series -- making for three more days of back-and-forth banter among the Busch Stadium crowd.

"It's always exciting because of the intrastate rivalry," Royals manager Trey Hillman said. "It's always a nice way to start off the Interleague [Play]. I think it does put a charge in the fans in this geographic region, for bragging rights, so to speak."

<!--CHANGE c_id for team-specific probables page-->[URL="http://mlb.mlb.com/news/probable_pitchers.jsp?c_id=stl"]Pitching matchup (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/news/interleague/index_09.jsp)
STL: RHP Todd Wellemeyer (3-4, 5.87 ERA)
Wellemeyer's struggles remain a puzzling problem for the Cardinals, who were counting on him to follow up his breakout 2008 with another good year. Instead, he's scuffled nearly all season, turning in only three really good starts in eight opportunities. The truly vexing thing is that it's been a variety of issues. Sometimes selection, sometimes command and sometimes stuff. He just hasn't put it all together, and he needs to start doing so.
KC: RHP Kyle Davies (2-2, 5.01 ERA)
Davies got in Hillman's doghouse by throwing too many fastballs in all the wrong places in the first inning Saturday night against the Orioles. Davies allowed just one run in the inning, made the necessary adjustments and pleased Hillman by getting through seven innings. But he lost, 3-2, and tied a career high by throwing 119 pitches. Davies' problem this season has been inconsistency; he can't seem to put together back-to-back good starts. Formerly with the Braves, Davies oddly enough didn't face the Cardinals until last year while with the Royals. He split two decisions and had a 2.70 ERA in the two starts.
Tidbits
The Cardinals went 2-4 against the Royals last season, but the club was swept in the three-game series in St. Louis. ... Albert Pujols has topped The Sporting News' list of the 50 greatest players in baseball. Pujols appears on the cover of the newest issue. ... The Cardinals' current nine-game homestand is one of three nine-game homestands this season.

petegz28
05-22-2009, 08:50 AM
This is NOT the game thread. No. I call it hooey if it is. We neeed alnorth joo-joo right now.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Lets get this out of the way.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rgGNHw6mh7M/RfIvASOJB0I/AAAAAAAAAQo/xlMA3QnAnMU/s200/1985%2BSAFE.JPG
Yes, we know it was a blow call. But Jack Clark also dropped an easy foul ball also. We had our best pitcher taking the bump for game 7 and got our butts handed to us. The Royals deserved the win and World Championship. If you leave the choice of whether you win the game or not in the hands of an umpire you don't deserve to win anyway.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 08:52 AM
This is NOT the game thread. No. I call it hooey if it is. We neeed alnorth joo-joo right now.
You thinking thats going to help the Royals?

WilliamTheIrish
05-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Welcome to your World Series, Cards fans.

CoMoChief
05-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Too bad STL doesn't have to face Greinke. I'd love to see him against Pujols.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Welcome to your World Series, Cards fans.ROFL well played.

WilliamTheIrish
Lets get this out of the way.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rgGNHw6mh7M/RfIvASOJB0I/AAAAAAAAAQo/xlMA3QnAnMU/s200/1985%2BSAFE.JPG
Yes, we know it was a blow call. But Jack Clark also dropped an easy foul ball also. We had our best pitcher taking the bump for game 7 and got our butts handed to us. The Royals deserved the win and World Championship. If you leave the choice of whether you win the game or not in the hands of an umpire you don't deserve to win anyway.

You guys need to get over that.

Demonpenz

LMAO 5 years of this shit. I am not up for it this year, we got bigger fish to fry

WilliamTheIrish
ROFL well played.

Have to be pre-emptive sometimes.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 08:55 AM
Too bad STL doesn't have to face Greinke. I'd love to see him against Pujols.
I sure hope that it happens in June. I'd love to see the best pitcher in baseball against the best hitter in baseball.

WilliamTheIrish
05-22-2009, 08:56 AM
13th year of interleague play. Gee, we get to see LaRussa wear dark glasses at night like he's a Blues Brother and draw the game out to 14 hours with his **geniotic** strategery.

**combo of 'genious' and idiotic.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 08:56 AM
You guys need to get over that.
I think most Cardinal fans on here are over it but the Cardinal fans in St. Louis still hold a grudge. And yes, I agree, they need to get over it.

WilliamTheIrish
05-22-2009, 08:58 AM
I think most Cardinal fans on here are over it but the Cardinal fans in St. Louis still hold a grudge. And yes, I agree, they need to get over it.

I know. I'm just f'ing with ya.

seclark
05-22-2009, 08:58 AM
I sure hope that it happens in June. I'd love to see the best pitcher in baseball against the best hitter in baseball.

yep
sec

luv
05-22-2009, 09:00 AM

:spock:

WilliamTheIrish
05-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Oh and since Pete says it's not official, that means it is official, because Pete needs to be told at every opportunity: "STFU Pete"!

WilliamTheIrish
05-22-2009, 09:01 AM
:spock:

You got a problem? Huh? Well do ya? Punk?

luv
05-22-2009, 09:04 AM
You got a problem? Huh? Well do ya? Punk?

Go Cards!

petegz28
05-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Oh and since Pete says it's not official, that means it is official, because Pete needs to be told at every opportunity: "STFU Pete"!

That only works in game threads......

DeezNutz
05-22-2009, 10:25 AM
That only works in game threads......

STFU, pete.

petegz28
05-22-2009, 10:40 AM
STFU, pete.

I just realized I haven't given you or Willie the obligatory, go **** yourself.

So.....go **** yourself.

Dartgod
05-22-2009, 10:44 AM
I'll be at Saturday's game. I really, really hope* Hochaver discovers how to pitch in the majors.

*crossing fingers, toes, eyes, etc....

Mr. Krab
05-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Royals have won 4 our of the last 6

petegz28
05-22-2009, 10:47 AM
I'll be at Saturday's game. I really, really hope* Hochaver discovers how to pitch in the majors.

*crossing fingers, toes, eyes, etc....

Avilles and Hochevar continue to bogle the mind as to why they keep getting put on the field?

Mr. Krab
05-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Avilles and Hochevar continue to bogle the mind as to why they keep getting put on the field?Aviles i agree about, he should be in the minors. Hoch just got called up though.

DeezNutz
05-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Avilles and Hochevar continue to bogle the mind as to why they keep getting put on the field?

There are approximately 6 mil. reasons why Hoch is going to get a lot of opportunities.

Fucking #1 overall selection...fucking motherfucking shit. Not even a whisper that the organization was interested in Longoria, the consensus #1 position player that year. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

WilliamTheIrish
05-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Bogle, Pete?

DeezNutz
05-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Bogle, Pete?

It's a vineyard.

Wine is delicious.

Dartgod
05-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Bogle, Pete?

It's a vineyard.

Wine is delicious.
No, I think it's a Boxer/Beagle mix.

KChiefs1
05-22-2009, 11:39 AM
I'll be in St Louis wearing my Zack Greinke jersey. Think I'll get killed or mugged?

DeezNutz
05-22-2009, 11:42 AM
I'll be in St Louis wearing my Zack Greinke jersey. Think I'll get killed or mugged?

Probably just fellated.

It's not the best baseball town in America for nothing.

Sure-Oz
05-22-2009, 11:45 AM
I hope we can take 2/3 and then get ready for deetroit

We need the guys to step up and usually we do well against the NL

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 12:07 PM
I hope we can take 2/3 and then get ready for deetroit

We need the guys to step up and usually we do well against the NL
Taking 2 out of 3 in St. Louis might be possible this year. We are starting 5 rookies right now. We lost some serious offense to injury and most if it won't be back till Monday.

DeezNutz
05-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Taking 2 out of 3 in St. Louis might be possible this year. We are starting 5 rookies right now. We lost some serious offense to injury and most if it won't be back till Monday.

Already trotting out the excuses. Typical Cards fan. Own that shit.

:D

petegz28
05-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Bogle, Pete?

meh, I've had me share of typoitus as of late. I think it is Hillman syndrome.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Already trotting out the excuses. Typical Cards fan. Own that shit.

:D
ROFL hey, we just swept the Cubs in a 3 game set and only allowed 1 run in those 3 games playing all those rookies. We got enough ammo left to give ya a good game.;)

CoMoChief
05-22-2009, 12:19 PM
ROFL hey, we just swept the Cubs in a 3 game set and only allowed 1 run in those 3 games playing all those rookies. We got enough ammo left to give ya a good game.;)

Not with Wellemeyer on the mound. Ouch he sucks.

alnorth
05-22-2009, 12:22 PM
This series thread might be useful for general smack-talking, coming back to in the morning, thinking ahead to the next game, etc but I think each game also needs its own thread. We haven't really done series threads this year, the Royals have been a little too popular on this board for that. I think its easier in game threads for people who didn't catch the game to see what's been going on rather than browsing through page 157 through page 212 to try to see what happened during the Sunday game.

I dont really care who starts each individual game thread this weekend, but I plan to put one up for Friday shortly.

WilliamTheIrish
05-22-2009, 12:24 PM

Why would anybody be proud of sweeping the CUBS? They've sucked for 100 years. StL fans say so.

WilliamTheIrish
05-22-2009, 12:25 PM
This series thread might be useful for general smack-talking, coming back to in the morning, thinking ahead to the next game, etc but I think each game also needs its own thread. We haven't really done series threads this year, the Royals have been a little too popular on this board for that. I think its easier in game threads for people who didn't catch the game to see what's been going on rather than browsing through page 157 through page 212 to try to see what happened during the Sunday game.

I dont really care who starts each individual game thread this weekend, but I plan to put one up for Friday shortly.

alnorth has spoken. It shall be.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Not with Wellemeyer on the mound. Ouch he sucks.
On that we can totally agree.:clap:

WilliamTheIrish
05-22-2009, 12:28 PM
On that we can totally agree.:clap:

He can't pitch and the Royals can't hit. Deadly combo. I'm sure our lineup strikes fear into the hearts of guys like Wellemeyer. He'll look like Smokey Joe Wood out there tonight.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 12:28 PM
THE STAKES: After sweeping the Cubs to steady themselves, the shorthanded Cardinals face another home-field challenge against the resurgent Royals.

Tony La Russa hoped to get Rick Ankiel back for this series, but that appears unlikely now. Ankiel is still sore from his outfield wall crash.

The good news: The Cards will miss Royals ace Zach Greinke this weekend.

OF SPECIAL INTEREST: Kansas City will be focused on the hometown player they overlooked, Albert Pujols.

Last season, Pujols batted .429 in interleague play, pushing his career average against the American League to .350. He has been especially hard on the Royals during his career, batting .388 with 11 homers, 13 doubles and 40 RBIs in 36 games.

Where might that franchise be had its baseball people noticed Pujols playing high school and JUCO ball in suburban KC? The Cards drafted him instead and the rest is history.

PITCHING FOR THE CARDS: Todd Wellemeyer. In his last two starts, he allowed 11 runs in 10 innings. He walked seven batters and hit two more during an 8-2 loss to Milwaukee his last time out.

Wellemeyer, a former Royal, has faced his former team just once -Ė posting a no-decision back in 2007. He remains a mystery to hitters like Mike Jacobs (0 for 6 in his career against Wellemeyer) and Jose Guillen (0 for 3).

PITCHING FOR THE ROYALS: Kyle Davies (2-2, 5.01 ERA). He hasnít won a game since April 30, but he has a 1.89 ERA in three road starts this season.

Among the active Cards, Skip Schumaker (2 for 6), Pujols (1 for 3) and Yadier Molina (1 for 3) have had the most success in limited career exposure to Davies. Brendan Ryan (0 for 6) and Khalil Greene (0 for 3) have had the least success.

petegz28
05-22-2009, 12:33 PM

:wayne:

WilliamTheIrish
05-22-2009, 12:34 PM
That article should state: "The Cards, crafty wheelers and dealers like no others in baseball drafted Pujols in 13th round, almost the 500th pick. They're so shrewd".

Ari Chi3fs
05-22-2009, 12:49 PM
I hate the fucking Cardinals.

Demonpenz
05-22-2009, 12:56 PM
guillen is going to park one

Marcellus
05-22-2009, 01:15 PM

That is completely laughable. I am assuming sarcasm but with some Royals fans its hard to tell.:D

KCUnited
05-22-2009, 01:16 PM
This Chicago series over the weekend doesn't concern me much, but getting back to business come Monday against Detroit will be crucial.

Marcellus
05-22-2009, 01:18 PM
I hate the ****ing Cardinals.

Bully for you. I am a Cards fan but I don't hate the Royals. In fact I would love another I-70 WS.

I don't understand the Cardinals hate unless it's simply jealousy. STL is the 2nd in WS championships ( a distant 2nd), they are an original Missouri team, and they have been successful.

If your not form MO then hate away. If your from the state I don't get it.

jeffery
05-22-2009, 01:19 PM
im going to root for the cards on sunday
Posted via Mobile Device

Ari Chi3fs
05-22-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm gonna root for the cardinals to die in a fire.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Bully for you. I am a Cards fan but I don't hate the Royals. In fact I would love another I-70 WS.

I don't understand the Cardinals hate unless it's simply jealousy. STL is the 2nd in WS championships ( a distant 2nd), they are an original Missouri team, and they have been successful.

If your not form MO then hate away. If your from the state I don't get it.
ROFL thats just Ari.

A lot of people don't understand how can you be a KC Chiefs fan and a STL Cardinals fan. but, where I grew up(Springfield) its the norm. I would wager that 80% of the population that claims a team as their team in SW missouri will tell you Chiefs in football and Cardinals in baseball.

Thig Lyfe
05-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Glad we have this cupcake series to help us make up some ground in the division.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chief Henry
05-22-2009, 02:10 PM

Not in tonights game. The Redbirds have that joke named "Wellemeyer" on the mound tonight :rolleyes: Wellemeyer thinks he's much better than what he actually is.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Not in tonights game. The Redbirds have that joke named "Wellemeyer" on the mound tonight :rolleyes: Wellemeyer thinks he's much better than what he actually is.
Believe me when I say there is just as much anger in Cardinal fans as there were in Royals fans for Mr. Wellemeyer.:mad:

Miles
05-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Believe me when I say there is just as much anger in Cardinal fans as there were in Royals fans for Mr. Wellemeyer.:mad:

It doesn't help that he was pretty effective the past year and a half prior to this season.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 02:54 PM
It doesn't help that he was pretty effective the past year and a half prior to this season.
nope, all these Duncan reclaimation projects don't always work out in the long term.

Demonpenz
05-22-2009, 03:33 PM
I hope the royals win 15-1 and pujols parks one. Dude is worth watching

raybec 4
05-22-2009, 04:12 PM
ROFL thats just Ari.

A lot of people don't understand how can you be a KC Chiefs fan and a STL Cardinals fan. but, where I grew up(Springfield) its the norm. I would wager that 80% of the population that claims a team as their team in SW missouri will tell you Chiefs in football and Cardinals in baseball.

Yep, I'm from here in Springtown myself and that's all I really knew as a kid was Cards/Chiefs.

DeezNutz
05-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Yep, I'm from here in Springtown myself and that's all I really knew as a kid was Cards/Chiefs.

Are the Royals on television as much as the cards in the SW part of the state, like the Springfield, MO area?

raybec 4
05-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Are the Royals on television as much as the cards in the SW part of the state, like the Springfield, MO area?

I have not seen a televised Royals game yet this season, they showed about 40 games last year. We get FSMW here and they show 150 Cards games a year.

Miles
05-22-2009, 04:21 PM
nope, all these Duncan reclaimation projects don't always work out in the long term.

I was hoping that his velocity would help his effectiveness on a more long term basis. I still have a little optimism that he can rebound this season but he just doesn't seem have the best mental makeup on the mound when things start to get shaky.

Either way the Cards have gotten great mileage out of a DFA'd reliever.

DeezNutz
05-22-2009, 04:34 PM
I have not seen a televised Royals game yet this season, they showed about 40 games last year. We get FSMW here and they show 150 Cards games a year.

Interesting. Thus the Chiefs/Cards split. I assume you get all Chiefs games, of course?

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 04:35 PM
I was hoping that his velocity would help his effectiveness on a more long term basis. I still have a little optimism that he can rebound this season but he just doesn't seem have the best mental makeup on the mound when things start to get shaky.

Either way the Cards have gotten great mileage out of a DFA'd reliever.
Yeah, we have got more than we could have hoped for outta of the guy.

thurman merman
05-22-2009, 04:35 PM
i was way more excited about this series before the royals lost 2 games in a row to the fucking indians.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 04:38 PM
i was way more excited about this series before the royals lost 2 games in a row to the ****ing indians.
The Cards looked as bad as they have all year Monday-Wednesday of this week against the Brewers.

alnorth
05-22-2009, 04:40 PM
I hope the royals win 15-1 and pujols parks one. Dude is worth watching

which pitcher would you want to give it up?

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 04:45 PM
which pitcher would you want to give it up?
I got to see him hit a grand slam a couple of weeks ago. Here is a picture standing in the spot where the ball landed.

raybec 4
05-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Interesting. Thus the Chiefs/Cards split. I assume you get all Chiefs games, of course?

Yes we do, we also get Lambs games but who gives a shit.

KChiefs1
05-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Missouri is definitely a red state.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Missouri is definitely a red state.
Yep, done deal.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Welll no sweep for the Royals this year. We got that 2 out hit and they didn't. Our bullpen held, theirs didn't. Our rookies came through.

I can't believe our pitching has given up 2 runs in 36 innings. Wellenmeyer looks like an ace. Where in the hell did that come from?

Reaper16
05-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Welll no sweep for the Royals this year. We got that 2 out hit and they didn't. Our bullpen held, theirs didn't. Our rookies came through.

I can't believe our pitching has given up 2 runs in 36 innings. Wellenmeyer looks like an ace. Where in the hell did that come from?
It came from the Royals offense. They're utterly lost at the plate.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 10:36 PM
It came from the Royals offense. They're utterly lost at the plate.
Welll our line up full of rookies ain't much better. We were in a serious slump until the last few games.

Who's the player standing in the batters box swinging that bat high over his head waiting on the pitch?

Reaper16
05-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Welll our line up full of rookies ain't much better. We were in a serious slump until the last few games.

Who's the player standing in the batters box swinging that bat high over his head waiting on the pitch?
The Royals offense is unspeakably bad. Wellemeyer looked pretty bad tonight, yet he gives up zero runs. (the Cards relievers, however, looked pretty darn good).

That player is Mike Aviles. He won the Royals player of the year last year as a rookie. He is hitting below the Mendoza line this season.

BigRedChief
05-22-2009, 10:44 PM
The Royals offense is unspeakably bad. Wellemeyer looked pretty bad tonight, yet he gives up zero runs. (the Cards relievers, however, looked pretty darn good).

That player is Mike Aviles. He won the Royals player of the year last year as a rookie. He is hitting below the Mendoza line this season.
Very weird batting stance. :)

WilliamTheIrish
05-23-2009, 07:23 AM
Smokey Joe Wellemeyer it shall be.

BigRedChief
05-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Smokey Joe Wellemeyer it shall be.
It had to have been the Royals, He has looked so bad the last few games.

bango
05-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Go Royals! Brewers Fans are behind them all the way.

thurman merman
05-23-2009, 09:55 AM

yes it is.

the cardinals lineup, even without ludwick, is still worlds better than the royals lineup.

Sure-Oz
05-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Our lineup may compete with the pirates for worst ever, and we traded for more offense, wtf

KCUnited
05-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Happy Hoch Day St. Louis. Enjoy.

BigRedChief
05-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Go Royals! Brewers Fans are behind them all the way. :cuss:

BigRedChief
05-23-2009, 10:47 AM
yes it is.

the cardinals lineup, even without ludwick, is still worlds better than the royals lineup.
True dat, They have drafted better, got these cheap utility players to contribute. Starting 5 rookies and they are still a better lineup shows the big difference in the front office.

But I hear the new GM is top notch for the Royals. He just hasn't had a chance to work his magic?

Sure-Oz
05-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Still dont know what to think of dayton yet....atleast we got mike arbuckle as well

BigRedChief
05-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Man, I thought this would be a good series. I don't think it's us. I think its more othe Royals bats struggling but we have only allowed 2 runs in the last 45 innings.

BigRedChief
05-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Still dont know what to think of dayton yet....atleast we got mike arbuckle as well
I thought he was one of the best GM's or will be one of the best GM's in baseball?

Al Bundy
05-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Man, I thought this would be a good series. I don't think it's us. I think its more othe Royals bats struggling but we have only allowed 2 runs in the last 45 innings.

The Cardinals have the luxury of facing an offense that rolled over and has pretty much given up.

stlchiefs
05-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Just got home. Damn Royals can't even manage a run through 2 games. I caught a lot of heat from friends. Luckily I was toasted and didn't suffer much.

stlchiefs
05-23-2009, 08:54 PM
I got to see him hit a grand slam a couple of weeks ago. Here is a picture standing in the spot where the ball landed.

I was there today too.

Frazod
05-23-2009, 08:58 PM
I'll be at the game tomorrow. Got downtown just as the game ended.

Trying to get to the Drury about that time really sucks ass. :grr:

stlchiefs
05-23-2009, 09:01 PM
I'll be at the game tomorrow. Got downtown just as the game ended.

Trying to get to the Drury about that time really sucks ass. :grr:

Sorry, my drunk ass was probably in your way. :cuss:

Frazod
05-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Sorry, my drunk ass was probably in your way. :cuss:

That was you? Bastard!

LMAO

stlchiefs
05-23-2009, 09:05 PM
That was you? Bastard!

LMAO

I'm not sorry. You're lucky I didn't piss on your car. Don't you ever honk at me when I'm crossing in the middle of the street again you jerk. :D

tk13
05-23-2009, 10:29 PM
I was at the game today. Our offense just felt hopeless. There was just never any feeling that we were about to string anything together. I don't know that I'd say Hochevar pitched well, but the end result wasn't horrible. I was worried about our offense, I hope they're not being exposed a bit. Hard to stay afloat with no offense and no Soria.

BigRedChief
05-24-2009, 09:24 AM
The Cardinals have the luxury of facing an offense that rolled over and has pretty much given up.
How come, I thought you guys were doing great this year?

BigRedChief
05-24-2009, 09:28 AM
I was at the game today. Our offense just felt hopeless. There was just never any feeling that we were about to string anything together. I don't know that I'd say Hochevar pitched well, but the end result wasn't horrible. I was worried about our offense, I hope they're not being exposed a bit. Hard to stay afloat with no offense and no Soria.
I watched a little of the Royals post game and they are homer announcers but they were saying that Hillman doesn't try to manufacture runs like Larussa does. Man on 2nd, bunt him to 3rd go for the sacrifice fly ball and hit at the same time. Hit and run etc.

You guys know why Hillman doesn't do those things? or is it just NL vs. AL baseball?

luv
05-24-2009, 09:29 AM

Yes. Springfield is a Chiefs football town and a Cardinals baseball town (literally, we have the Springfield Cardinals AA team).

DeezNutz
05-24-2009, 10:23 AM
You guys know why Hillman doesn't do those things?

Trey is not a competent manager.

He has an inconsistent approach to the game. This could mean playing small ball in the 2nd but not in the 8th when it would actually make sense. In essence, the dude throws darts. No. Clue.

Sure-Oz
05-24-2009, 10:25 AM
I just don't think trey will learn much, but he's smart at the game!1111111

Al Bundy
05-24-2009, 10:36 AM
How come, I thought you guys were doing great this year?

The wind was let out of the sails against Cleveland when they had the bases loaded and one out and couldnt score in the ninth. They haven't scored a run since the 3rd inning on Thursday and from what I saw they were very uninterested in scoring runs Friday and yesterday.

BigRedChief
05-24-2009, 01:20 PM
The wind was let out of the sails against Cleveland when they had the bases loaded and one out and couldnt score in the ninth. They haven't scored a run since the 3rd inning on Thursday and from what I saw they were very uninterested in scoring runs Friday and yesterday.
We lost like 7 out of 10 until this week. It was bad. Nothing going right. But you could tell they were trying. No one gave up.

StcChief
05-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Nice to have 2 sweeps now. Cubbies/Royals.

WilliamTheIrish
05-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Nice to have 2 sweeps now. Cubbies/Royals.

Two out of three is a sweep?

StcChief
05-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Two out of three is a sweep?
Cubbies....should have had the game today....