PDA

View Full Version : Football Bet with a Raiders Fan

shitgoose
05-22-2009, 02:33 PM
My next door neighbor is a die hard Faiders fan. At first he was pissed about them taking DHB over Crabtree but now he is feeling pretty good about the pick for whatever reason.

So after a few adult beverages we make the following bet:

If Hayward-Bey makes the HOF I have to fly him and his guest of choice to Canton for the induction ceremony and cover all expenses.

If he doesn't make the HOF I get a 12 pack of my favorite type of beer.

I like free beer so I think its a pretty good bet.

Pestilence
05-22-2009, 02:35 PM
That's the most lopsided bet ever.

Scorp
05-22-2009, 02:35 PM
I would just die first, that way no matter what happens you win.

Kyle DeLexus
05-22-2009, 02:38 PM
I don't think you'll win this. Well you'll probably win but not get your beer. Can't a player get inducted many years after his playing days? So no matter what if I was your neighbor, I'd just say "theres always next year."

shitgoose
05-22-2009, 02:44 PM
I don't think you'll win this. Well you'll probably win but not get your beer. Can't a player get inducted many years after his playing days? So no matter what if I was your neighbor, I'd just say "theres always next year."

It will probably never pay out but the other stipulation was that DHB has to be inducted as a Raider. I figure as long as Al Davis is running the team and Russell is their QBOTF I don't have much to worry about.

I also bet him $50 that the Raiders win 5 or fewer games this coming season.

Hydrae
05-22-2009, 02:46 PM
It will probably never pay out but the other stipulation was that DHB has to be inducted as a Raider. I figure as long as Al Davis is running the team and Russell is their QBOTF I don't have much to worry about.

I also bet him $50 that the Raiders win 5 or fewer games this coming season.

How many games did you bet the Chiefs would win, 6?

DaFace
05-22-2009, 02:46 PM

Yep. If you're going to go through with this bet at all, you have to state some criteria for a time frame. Otherwise, you have no way of winning whatsoever.

Kyle DeLexus
05-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Yep. If you're going to go through with this bet at all, you have to state some criteria for a time frame. Otherwise, you have no way of winning whatsoever.

It's like betting your brother $200 that you'll never ride a bull again. The bet doesn't end until you die, so you don't get the $200 anyway.

shitgoose
05-22-2009, 02:58 PM
How many games did you bet the Chiefs would win, 6?

I didn't. Vegas has the total team wins at 5.5 for the Chiefs and I would have to lean with the under but I hate betting against my team.

shitgoose
05-22-2009, 03:00 PM

I wanted 2 chances on the ballot and he wanted 5 so we are still hashing that out.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-22-2009, 03:03 PM
That's the most lopsided bet ever.

Yeah. The good news is, you guys probably won't know each other by then so it'll never be paid one way or the other. But, if you lose, he'll hunt you down. I know I would.

shitgoose
05-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Yeah. The good news is, you guys probably won't know each other by then so it'll never be paid one way or the other. But, if you lose, he'll hunt you down. I know I would.

I told him that he will probably want to go ahead and buy me that 12 pack after this season. I tried to bet him $50 that Russell won't start all 16 games and he said no f*cking way.

The_Doctor10
05-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Why didn't you just bet him that DHB would make Troy Williamson look like a Hall of Famer? That seems like an easier bet to win...

milkman
05-23-2009, 01:00 PM
This may be the stupidest bet ever.

Raised On Riots
05-23-2009, 01:50 PM
This may be the stupidest bet ever.
ROFL This.

bowener
05-23-2009, 02:41 PM
My next door neighbor is a die hard Faiders fan. At first he was pissed about them taking DHB over Crabtree but now he is feeling pretty good about the pick for whatever reason.

Denial is a hell of a human emotion.

So after a few adult beverages we make the following bet:

If Hayward-Bey makes the HOF I have to fly him and his guest of choice to Canton for the induction ceremony and cover all expenses.

If he doesn't make the HOF I get a 12 pack of my favorite type of beer.

I think you need to get a gross of free beer, at least 12 free 12 packs... it doesnt seem like a balaned deal otherwise... besides in 20 or so years airfare is going to be ridiculously overpriced when there is only one or two companies left.

I like free beer so I think its a pretty good bet.

Thats what I think...

bowener
05-23-2009, 02:45 PM

Do you think a CP thread is strong enough to hold up in civil court as evidence of an agreement and contract between the 2 men?

This could set a new precedent in the courts, ruining many lives in the processes... just think of all the idiotic bets or statements that have been proclaimed in anger, sadness, or an alcohol induced frenzy of downward spiraling emotions on the internet... it could be terrible.

Raised On Riots
05-23-2009, 02:49 PM
I told him that he will probably want to go ahead and buy me that 12 pack after this season. I tried to bet him $50 that Russell won't start all 16 games and he said no f*cking way.

Sounds like he's quite the believer in all things Jokeland, yes.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Do you think a CP thread is strong enough to hold up in civil court as evidence of an agreement and contract between the 2 men?

This could set a new precedent in the courts, ruining many lives in the processes... just think of all the idiotic bets or statements that have been proclaimed in anger, sadness, or an alcohol induced frenzy of downward spiraling emotions on the internet... it could be terrible.

All of which would be incredibly entertaining. This will become law the second they learn how to profit from it.