PDA

View Full Version : Life An interesting neighbor situation

DaFace
05-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Although apartment neighbors are more obnoxious than house neighbors, I'm finding it's easier to ignore those in their apartment. Here's the current situation...

1. One dude a few houses down the street lets his dogs get their exercise by just letting them out the front door to run all over the place. They're reasonably good dogs (brittanys), but he just lets them crap in everyone's yard (including mine) and doesn't clean up after them. Every time I mow, I have a pile or two to clean up.

2. We've got a few anthills in our driveway, and I woke a few mornings ago to thousands of the little buggers in one area. They're not in the house or anything, but better to nip the problem in the bud. So, I went and got a few of those little ant bait gizmos and put them outside the garage door against the house.

3. I come home today to find a fresh pile in my yard surrounded by four chewed up ant baits.

I don't think I can possibly feel bad about the whole deal, but I do hope his dogs don't get sick. Stupid neighbors.

Rain Man
05-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Ant - ifreeze.

Fairplay
05-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Ask the neighbor if he has a pen name on this board named "Hamas".

Skip Towne
05-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Save up the dog shit till you have quite a lot. Dump it on his front porch.

the Talking Can
05-22-2009, 07:52 PM
plant an aids tree in his yard

Der Flöprer
05-22-2009, 07:59 PM
I'd seriously go knock on his door and ask him what the fuck is up with his dogs shitting all over the place and him not picking it up. If he didn't respond appropriately I would seriously tell him I'm going to shoot his dogs if I ever see them in my yard. I'm not a badass in real life, nor do I play one on the internet but he's crossing a pretty seriously line IMO.

Sully
05-22-2009, 08:02 PM
What a perfect opportunity to discuss his dogs with him. Sir, because your dogs were busy defecatimg in my yard, they may have ingested some poison. You may want to get them looked at. By the way, I'll be putting more poison out tomorrow, so youay want to keep them off my lawn.

DeezNutz
05-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Save up the dog shit till you have quite a lot. Dump it on his front porch.

Repost.

doomy3
05-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Did you move next door to Hamas?

Iowanian
05-22-2009, 08:10 PM
I asked a neighbor to stop shitting his dog in our yard right after we moved in...very nicely "because I have little kids that will be in the yard"....

It about turned into a fist fight because he was a cocksucker about it. He made comment about my 2 year old not being smart enough to not play with dogshit....I'd had a bad day/week and it was very, very close to ending badly for him. I'm pretty much over it now, but its true that some people are just selfish assholes and think thats alright. He made a comment before I got mad like "my dog has been shitting in that yard for 10 years and you've been there 1 week, he can shit where he wants"....which turned into "If you're going to be that way, I'll punt that futhermucker over your house if he crosses the street again".

Throw out a rat bait meat ball beside your house if you're pissed. once you say something, you're on the hook if something "happens".

Iowanian
05-22-2009, 08:12 PM
My dilema is different.

I had some damage done to my truck 2 separate days last week. I had a hunch, but a 13 year old neighborhood kid has been on a vandalism rampage lately and was caught. I'm fairly certain he did it.

Enough so that I've charged my sawzall and put in a metal blade, and I'm thinking about cutting his bike in half in the morning. It would be a prick move, but it cost me $80 to fix one of his pranks....

Skip Towne
05-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Repost.

Damn server

Fairplay
05-22-2009, 08:15 PM
I asked a neighbor to stop shitting his dog in our yard right after we moved in...very nicely "because I have little kids that will be in the yard"....

It about turned into a fist fight because he was a one who sucks the penis about it. He made comment about my 2 year old not being smart enough to not play with dogshit....I'd had a bad day/week and it was very, very close to ending badly for him. I'm pretty much over it now, but its true that some people are just selfish assholes and think thats alright. He made a comment before I got mad like "my dog has been shitting in that yard for 10 years and you've been there 1 week, he can shit where he wants"....which turned into "If you're going to be that way, I'll punt that futhermucker over your house if he crosses the street again".

Throw out a rat bait meat ball beside your house if you're pissed. once you say something, you're on the hook if something "happens".

Cool story. And thxs for the tip.

DeezNutz
05-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Damn server

Little cross-thread humor to the Matrix thread.

DenverChief
05-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Although apartment neighbors are more obnoxious than house neighbors, I'm finding it's easier to ignore those in their apartment. Here's the current situation...

1. One dude a few houses down the street lets his dogs get their exercise by just letting them out the front door to run all over the place. They're reasonably good dogs (brittanys), but he just lets them crap in everyone's yard (including mine) and doesn't clean up after them. Every time I mow, I have a pile or two to clean up.

2. We've got a few anthills in our driveway, and I woke a few mornings ago to thousands of the little buggers in one area. They're not in the house or anything, but better to nip the problem in the bud. So, I went and got a few of those little ant bait gizmos and put them outside the garage door against the house.

3. I come home today to find a fresh pile in my yard surrounded by four chewed up ant baits.

I don't think I can possibly feel bad about the whole deal, but I do hope his dogs don't get sick. Stupid neighbors.

Just call code enforcement, Denver and most other municipalities have a leash law ...

Skip Towne
05-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Little cross-thread humor to the Matrix thread.

I missed that. I won't neg rep you after all.

Der Flöprer
05-22-2009, 08:30 PM

Fuck that. Neg rep him, he's a douchebag.

prhom
05-22-2009, 08:36 PM
I would feel bad if the dogs died or something, but you can't honestly expect your dogs to be safe (or really care about them) if you just let them run free. I'd probably call the dog catcher as DenverChief suggested. If you confront him first and it turns ugly and you call the dog catcher then, he'll know it was you. Then you'll have a Hatfield-McCoy-type situation on your hands. The worst that happens if you call the dog catcher is that they learn their lesson and stop letting the dogs go free. The best that could happen is your neighbor never goes to pick them up and someone (who lives in another neighborhood) adopts them.

Der Flöprer
05-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Best. Avatar. EVAR!!!

Pioli Zombie
05-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Wait until you have diahhrea some day and do a Jim Carrey on his lawn.
Posted via Mobile Device

prhom
05-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Best. Avatar. EVAR!!!

Well thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Fat Elvis
Ant - ifreeze.

Wow, the iphone has an app for everything.

DeezNutz

Sorry about those five I sent your way. Little premature on my part.

patteeu
05-22-2009, 08:53 PM
What a perfect opportunity to discuss his dogs with him. Sir, because your dogs were busy defecatimg in my yard, they may have ingested some poison. You may want to get them looked at. By the way, I'll be putting more poison out tomorrow, so youay want to keep them off my lawn.

Pretty good idea.

Skip Towne
05-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Sorry about those five I sent your way. Little premature on my part.

I had a n00b neg rep me the other day. I let him live.

Der Flöprer
05-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Fuck that. Neg rep him, he's a douchebag.

I'm sorely disappointed that this didn't illicit a response.

DeezNutz
05-22-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm sorely disappointed that this didn't illicit a response.

You want to call down the ****ing thunder? I'd hate to put you in red...

Der Flöprer
05-22-2009, 09:09 PM
You want to call down the ****ing thunder? I'd hate to put you in red...

You don't wanna challenge The Ron Jeremy Rep Stick. Be mesmerized by the avatar.

DeezNutz
05-22-2009, 09:30 PM
You don't wanna challenge The Ron Jeremy Rep Stick. Be mesmerized by the avatar.

I yield to your 10 1/2 inches of repping power.

chasedude
05-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Just curious DaFace, have you had a conversation with this individual before about his dogs shitting in your yard, and you distaste for it?

DaFace
05-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Just curious DaFace, have you had a conversation with this individual before about his dogs shitting in your yard, and you distaste for it?

Na, only lived here for a month, and I'm not in the mood to get into it at this point. I'll give it a bit (and see if the dogs are still alive). If it continues, I might eventually call code enforcement. For now though, perhaps his dogs puking all over the place will teach him a lesson.

Skip Towne
05-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Na, only lived here for a month, and I'm not in the mood to get into it at this point. I'll give it a bit (and see if the dogs are still alive). If it continues, I might eventually call code enforcement. For now though, perhaps his dogs puking all over the place will teach him a lesson.

Do you have a homeowners association?

DaFace
05-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Do you have a homeowners association?

Negative. I need to get a feel for how the other neighbors feel about it. I've seem him out talking to the people next to him, so they must not care. Not sure about everyone else around though. I can't imagine everyone is just peachy keen with picking up someone else's dog poo.

Baconeater
05-22-2009, 10:14 PM
God I hate inconsiderate assholes like that, I wouldn't even hesitate to go bitch him out about it.

Iowanian
05-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Maybe you should just nuke him with the first volley so he knows what he's dealing with.

Take Your sawzal over and cut his environmentally responsible, hybrid prius in half about 3am and video his face when he comes out to get the paper in the morning.

Der Flöprer
05-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Give him a name change and a 48 hour ban. That'll learn him.

Der Flöprer
05-22-2009, 10:25 PM
I have to assume he knows you're a Chiefs fan.

Stewie
05-22-2009, 10:29 PM
If you bought the Terro Ant Traps or something similar they're harmless to dogs. It's just boric acid and sugar water. In fact, the dog probably liked the sweet and will eat them again. Boric acid is toxic to ants but is pretty harmless. It's often used in solution as an eye wash.

Der Flöprer
05-22-2009, 10:31 PM
If you bought the Terro Ant Traps or something similar they're harmless to dogs. It's just boric acid and sugar water. In fact, the dog probably liked the sweet and will eat them again. Boric acid is toxic to ants but is pretty harmless. It's often used in solution as an eye wash.

So you're saying he should soak them in antifreeze?

DaFace
05-22-2009, 10:32 PM

It was the RAID brand stuff which uses Abamectin, whatever the hell that is. The packaging says "harmful to domestic animals" on it, so I doubt it's a good idea to feed it to them one way or another.

Stewie
05-22-2009, 10:34 PM
It was the RAID brand stuff which uses Abamectin, whatever the hell that is. The packaging says "harmful to domestic animals" on it, so I doubt it's a good idea to feed it to them one way or another.

Ah, you went with the big gun.

Iowanian
05-22-2009, 10:34 PM
The antedote for that is a solution of ground meat with a healthy sprinkling of strychnyne.

Coach
05-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Next time his dogs shit in your yard, scoop it up, put the bag on his front porch, and lit it on fire, knock on the door, and run like hell.

Rain Man
05-22-2009, 10:50 PM

Yeah, that's the way to go.

Bwana
05-23-2009, 08:21 AM
We had a guy that would walk his dogs everyday about 5 am around the neighborhood and let his dogs dump in everyone's yard a few years ago. His mutts would take a dump in my yard at least three times a week. I caught them doing it one morning and opened the door and raised hell. About three weeks later, I saw it was going on again. I didn't clean my dogs doo for about two weeks, gathered it all up, and dropped it off on his front steps one day. I haven't had a problem with his dogs shitting in my yard from that point on.

Lzen
05-23-2009, 08:29 AM

That avatar is fantastic. ROFL

Lzen
05-23-2009, 08:31 AM

I would suggest you tell him how you feel about his dogs crapping in your yard. Doesn't have to be a negative thing. You can be civil while still getting your point across. Some neighbors (and especially some dog owners) have no respect for other neighbors.

stumppy
05-23-2009, 11:23 AM
I'd let him know about them chewing on the ant poison and that you'll need to keep putting the stuff out all summer. I would think he would start keeping the dogs in the confines of his property.

The_Doctor10
05-23-2009, 01:49 PM

As much as I love dogs, this guy is going to get what he deserves. Our neigherbour had a fat Jack Russel terrier and let it out like it was a cat. It'd crap throughout the neighbourhood and be barking at all hours. Then, three weeks ago, it saw a rabbit in the street, took off out the front door, and got compressed by an oncoming Mazda. To make things worse, she replaced that little yappy-type dog with a 9 month old Great Dane. Like, my god, woman, give your head a shake.

His dogs are not long for this world, and it serves the tool right. Feel bad for the dogs though, it's not their fault.

Halfcan
05-23-2009, 03:38 PM
use a paint ball gun and pop the little fuggers midshit-they wont come around again

bevischief
05-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Sugar water or cheap soda around his place to attract the ants to his place...