PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports We are all witnesses

theultimatekcchiefsfan
05-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Jordan IS the best of all time, but.....................:clap:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ahENQV1MwQI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ahENQV1MwQI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WhitiE
05-23-2009, 07:35 PM
da damn.....

Archie F. Swin
05-23-2009, 07:35 PM
wow...this is gonna be a great series

Douche Baggins
05-23-2009, 07:36 PM
That is nucking futs.

BWillie
05-23-2009, 07:37 PM
He sucks, not better than Mario Chalmers

Reerun_KC
05-23-2009, 07:39 PM
He sucks, not better than Mario Chalmers

Chalmers shot is what dreams were made of....

Historical!

RNR
05-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Taik about going from heel to hero wow

pr_capone
05-23-2009, 11:51 PM
LeBron has a better shot at becoming the "next Jordan" than anyone else in the leage ATM in my most humble opinion.

FAX
05-24-2009, 12:00 AM
What about Meadowlark Lemon or Curly Neal or Twiggy Sanders? Or guys like Sweet Lou Dunbar or Geese Ausbie? Those guys were greater than great.

Peeps forget about those guys.

FAX

Coach
05-24-2009, 12:13 AM
What about Meadowlark Lemon or Curly Neal or Twiggy Sanders? Or guys like Sweet Lou Dunbar or Geese Ausbie? Those guys were greater than great.

FAX

WHO?

WhitiE
05-24-2009, 07:09 AM
WHO?

lol no shit.... who? maybe before my time

DJay23
05-24-2009, 07:14 AM
lol no shit.... who? maybe before my time

These were Harlem Globetrotters. At least a few of them were.

Skip Towne
05-24-2009, 07:16 AM

FAX

Marques Haynes?

DJay23
05-24-2009, 07:19 AM
Great shot. I'm not sure how, as an Orlando Magic player, you ever allow Lebron James to get open for 3 that easily, but great shot.

What I find most amazing is that an NBA official called a travel.

But seriously, come on. That SI cover is ridiculous. I just watched a video clip where Lebron made two goof plays and one great one. And because the last one he made was the great one, people start mentioning him in the same breath as Jordan? Didn't we just go through this a few years ago with Dwayne Wade? He's a lot less Jordan like nowadays.

Dave Lane
05-24-2009, 07:50 AM
Really was just luck. Good shot good job and he is a great player but that was a 20% shot and he got lucky

RNR
05-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Really was just luck. Good shot good job and he is a great player but that was a 20% shot and he got lucky

I am no fan of him or the NBA for that matter. But the same could be said about most last second shots.

Short Leash Hootie
05-24-2009, 09:07 AM
He is more gifted than Jordan...or anyone else for that matter...

But Jordan's pure refusal to lose down the stretch will always make him the best ever...there will never be a player that is a pure winner like MJ. When the game was on the line and the ball was in his hands...there were never any doubts.

milkman
05-24-2009, 11:24 AM
He is more gifted than Jordan...or anyone else for that matter...

But Jordan's pure refusal to lose down the stretch will always make him the best ever...there will never be a player that is a pure winner like MJ. When the game was on the line and the ball was in his hands...there were never any doubts.

Except, of course, before Magic, Bird and Isiah were still in their prime.

Tribal Warfare
05-24-2009, 11:51 AM

Luck is when hardwork and preparation meets opportunity

SNR
05-24-2009, 12:26 PM
He should play TE in the NFL. He'd be great.

Sorry :D

SNR
05-24-2009, 12:27 PM
By the way, yes, Jordan IS the best of all time.

Will he still be the best of all time when Lebron is done with his career?

I don't think so.

Tribal Warfare
05-24-2009, 12:33 PM
By the way, yes, Jordan IS the best of all time.

Dude, that's subjective anyone can make a cast that him or any of these players Magic,Bird, or Russell is the best of all-time.

SNR
05-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Dude, that's subjective anyone can make a cast that him or any of these players Magic,Bird, or Russell is the best of all-time.That's not my point. My point was Lebron will be in that league of all-time greats by the end of his career, and I think a lot of people will probably say he was the greatest.

StcChief
05-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Not Basketball Association.

SNR
05-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Not Basketball Association.College basketball sucks

Tribal Warfare
05-24-2009, 12:53 PM
That's not my point. My point was Lebron will be in that league of all-time greats by the end of his career, and I think a lot of people will probably say he was the greatest.

That shot was very Jordan/ Reggie Miller esque not doubt, but I wouldn't say the greatest because what determines aside from statistical superiority because I would call Bird the greatest clutch player of all-time. It's also my opinion that Reggie Miller was as clutch as MJ was the difference between them was the athletic prowess of Jordan.

crispystl420
05-24-2009, 06:06 PM

C'mon man that was clutch. That's what clutch players do, they nail low percentage shots at the last second. Just as a clutch hitter who normally bats a little below 300. always comes around when it counts. Would you call that luck?

Halfcan
05-24-2009, 06:22 PM
dont count the magic oput yet

Rudy lost the toss
05-24-2009, 06:28 PM
was that his first GW jumpshot?

Halfcan
05-24-2009, 06:33 PM
when lebron has 6 rings-people can compare him to Jordan-until then stfu

Pablo
05-24-2009, 08:08 PM
College basketball sucksWrong.

Chaunceythe3rd
05-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Butch Joyner. Best of all time. "nough said.

MoreLemonPledge
05-25-2009, 04:11 AM

When Lebron has a supporting cast anywhere near as good as Jordan's, he'll have his rings.

kysirsoze
05-25-2009, 04:23 AM
dont count the magic oput yet

If he can beat AIDS, he can beat most NBA teams.

kysirsoze
05-25-2009, 04:26 AM
BTW. I was at the restaurant I work at full of non basketball fans and eveyone was excited after this shot. Call it luck if you wanna, and if the Cavs choke against the Magic or can't handle the Lakers/nuggets then everyone will forget it, but that shot was fantastic. As a non-Laker fan, I've been contending that Kobe is the current best, but that shot made my arguement a lot more difficult to make.

Tiger's Fan
05-25-2009, 04:50 AM
I think the "kids" on the board need to wiki Wilt Chamberlain before they go throwing around the term "greatest player of all time".

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2009, 05:15 AM
I think the "kids" on the board need to wiki Wilt Chamberlain before they go throwing around the term "greatest player of all time".

Again, how does one define greatest of all-time, for example head to head Russell owned Wilt when it came to defending one another which is why he is universally known as the greatest defensive player of all-time too. Wilt has better recorded stats in a season, but Russell's contributions of steals and blocked shots weren't a recorded statistics in his era.The man won 11 NBA championships, and noone has come close to that to date.

Pioli Zombie
05-25-2009, 07:42 AM
Again, how does one define greatest of all-time, for example head to head Russell owned Wilt when it came to defending one another which is why he is universally known as the greatest defensive player of all-time too. Wilt has better recorded stats in a season, but Russell's contributions of steals and blocked shots weren't a recorded statistics in his era.The man won 11 NBA championships, and noone has come close to that to date.
UGH. I HATE that stupid argument. Bill Russell played with 6 Hall of Famers. You think had a little something to do with his teams beating Wilts teams, the immortal Philadephia Warriors? And Russell never had to play offense either.
Posted via Mobile Device

SNR
05-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Wrong.Give me a shit NBA game like Pacers/Wolves or something like that ANYDAY over some grabass Georgia Tech/McNeese State that ESPN always broadcasts.

And I'll DEFINITELY take these Cavaliers/Magic games over the top matchups in the NCAA.

Just because a bunch of old geezers think traveling is a sin against God doesn't mean you have to ruin the beauty of watching professionals play the game instead of geeky white psychology majors with a small bit of talent.

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2009, 12:42 PM
UGH. I HATE that stupid argument. Bill Russell played with 6 Hall of Famers. You think had a little something to do with his teams beating Wilts teams, the immortal Philadephia Warriors? And Russell never had to play offense either.
Posted via Mobile Device

Russell was universsaly known as the greatest defender of all-time( the only player to shut Wilt down on a constant basis), and was said to be the most important cog on that team even with all that talent.

crazycoffey
05-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Great shot. I'm not sure how, as an Orlando Magic player, you ever allow Lebron James to get open for 3 that easily, but great shot.

What I find most amazing is that an NBA official called a travel.

But seriously, come on. That SI cover is ridiculous. I just watched a video clip where Lebron made two goof plays and one great one. And because the last one he made was the great one, people start mentioning him in the same breath as Jordan? Didn't we just go through this a few years ago with Dwayne Wade? He's a lot less Jordan like nowadays.

this, and more on the bolded part; he also had his thumb up his ass on the defensive side of the ball too. Was he close to fouling out or something?

To be sure, it was a fun shot to watch, and I'm sure it felt wonderful.....

googlegoogle
05-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Cleveland wont win. Coach is questionable. And they just don't have players that can make shots.

Amazing thinking that Lebron took this this far.

PRIEST
05-25-2009, 03:59 PM

This

Go Magic

Dottefan
05-25-2009, 04:06 PM
LeBron has a better shot at becoming the "next Jordan" than anyone else in the leage ATM in my most humble opinion.

one word..KOBE..If any can come close, I think Kobe can

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2009, 04:14 PM
one word..KOBE..If any can come close, I think Kobe can

Kobe is a choke artist , Lebron is the real deal.

kysirsoze
05-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Kobe is a choke artist , Lebron is the real deal.

Yeah, he choked his dick off in those three championships.:rolleyes:

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Yeah, he choked his dick off in those three championships.:rolleyes:

Thanks to Shaq who has won one without him I might add

Rudy lost the toss
05-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Cleveland wont win. Coach is questionable. And they just don't have players that can make shots.

Amazing thinking that Lebron took this this far.

Yeah the East is so tough...amazing that arguably the world's best player carried his team against the likes of Detroit and Atlanta. LeBron has no excuse not to be in the finals every year--assuming that the Celtics won't be at their 08 level any time soon.

Rudy lost the toss
05-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks to Shaq who has won one without him I might add

Thanks to Wade.

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks to Wade.

Did Wade win one after that? Hell, he didn't even make the Playoffs this year

SNR
05-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Did Wade win one after that? Hell, he didn't even make the Playoffs this yearAksh, he did. Lost to the Hawks though, which is embarassing considering the way the Hawks played in the playoffs.

Dottefan
05-25-2009, 05:38 PM

No, but Wade carried Shaq and the rest of that Heat team to the title

BCD
05-25-2009, 08:07 PM
James needs a better supporting cast, and a better coach. I give the Cavs 2 more seasons to do this, otherwise, he's gonna be a Knick.

L.A. Chieffan
05-25-2009, 08:10 PM

:spock:

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Jordan IS the best of all time, but.....................

Doesn't some dude named Chamberlain still hold 39 NBA records, and it's been about 40 years since he retired?

Don't ever, and I mean EVER, say that anyone was better than Wilt. Including Jordan.

L.A. Chieffan
05-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Doesn't some dude named Chamberlain still hold 39 NBA records, and it's been about 40 years since he retired?

Don't ever, and I mean EVER, say that anyone was better than Wilt. Including Jordan.

Jordan was better than Wilt.

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2009, 08:22 PM
:spock:

Point being Shaq( a FHOFer) was the key factor for these cats to even progress in the playoffs to winning a championship.

L.A. Chieffan
05-25-2009, 08:26 PM
shaq never made the playoffs his entire career didn't he

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Jordan was better than Wilt.

I will end you.

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2009, 08:48 PM
shaq never made the playoffs his entire career didn't he

With the Magic he did with Anfernee Hardaway, hell I remember that when I was 12