PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Adrian Peterson trying to get bigger...

Count Alex's Losses
05-23-2009, 09:28 PM
I thought this was interesting. What's he gonna be like if he keeps that speed but starts trucking guys even harder? Scary.

http://min.scout.com/2/866410.html

Adrian Petersonís wish to add weight isnít coming to fruition yet. He said Wednesday at Winter Park that he still weighs about the same as he did last season, despite the desire to increase to 225 pounds or so.

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson (http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=8&c=1&nid=4176315) is still trying to gain weight, but so far fans donít need to be concerned about him ballooning up and losing quickness. Months after him first talking about his weight-gain goals, Peterson is still at his listed weight from last year, he said.

Peterson was listed at 217 last year and said Wednesday at Winter Park that he is still about 216 or 217 pounds.

ďJust working with (Tom) Kanavy, our strength and conditioning coach, really Iím just trying to put the weight on in the right places Ė 225, God-willing, would be pretty good for me. Iíve got a month or two to work with (before training camp), so weíre gradually trying to meet that mark,Ē Peterson said after conducting a Punt, Pass and Kick clinic for about 50 Special Olympians at Winter Park.

Peterson said heíd like to add muscles to his thighs and ďup topĒ to deliver more punishing hits this year, but, unlike many who hear of his goals, he isnít concerned that gaining weight would impede his quickness.

ďNot a concern at all. I hear it a lot, but my mindset and how I view things is totally different from a lot of people,Ē he said. ďIíve come to understand that and recognize that. I feel I can do anything I put my mind to. Letís say for instance I wanted to get up to 245, I feel like I could get up to 245, keep my quickness and my speed and not lose anything. It comes from hard work, so I feel like I can reach (the goal) and I can keep the speed and everything thatís made me successful so far.Ē

Peterson said his weight-gain goal isnít about his diet as much as it is about doing the exercises that build the muscle in the right places.

ďItís not exactly what you eat. The things you put in your body are important too, but itís doing the proper training Ė squats, single-leg squats, running hills, things like that that helps build your leg muscles,Ē he said. ďI wish there was some type of food you could eat to just build your legs. Iíd be all on it.Ē

Peterson played in all 17 games last year, but he seemed non-committal when asked about the possibility of an expanded regular season. NFL owners are talking about eliminating one or two preseason games and replacing them with an addition regular-season contest or two.

ďItís a long season and thereís wear and tear on your body, so to add two games, Iím sure they would take away the preseason games, but itís clearly not the same because the starters are going to be playing those two additional games. Ö A longer season, if thatís what they decide, then so be it,Ē he said.

Bowser
05-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Get that dude a cheeseburger and chocolate shake!

Count Alex's Losses
05-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Get that dude a cheeseburger and chocolate shake!

That's not what he's going for....

Bowser
05-23-2009, 09:49 PM
That's not what he's going for....

I'm just trying to fucking help here. Shit.

Ultra Peanut
05-23-2009, 09:49 PM
PURPLE JESUS IS PERFECT AS HE IS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN

Bowser
05-23-2009, 09:52 PM
PURPLE JESUS IS PERFECT AS HE IS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN

FLAW FOUND

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YraRSrQTHFs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YraRSrQTHFs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JuicesFlowing
05-23-2009, 10:01 PM
When I read the thread title I thought this thread was about his recent purchase of a penis pump.

Bowser
05-23-2009, 10:03 PM
When I read the thread title I thought this thread was about his recent purchase of a penis pump.

NTTIAWWT

Ultra Peanut
05-23-2009, 10:13 PM
FLAW FOUND

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YraRSrQTHFs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YraRSrQTHFs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>You don't think Purple Jesus WANTED the greatest moment in sports history to happen?

lol nub u don't even know bout His magnanimity

Nightfyre
05-23-2009, 10:15 PM
What's with Claythan's unholy lust for players who are made by their O-Line? Star players are the guys carrying the ball. The guys making the plays are the ones in the trenches.

Count Alex's Losses
05-23-2009, 10:16 PM
What's with Claythan's unholy lust for players who are made by their O-Line? Star players are the guys carrying the ball. The guys making the plays are the ones in the trenches.

Do you see a lot of football fans with unholy lust for offensive linemen? Because I haven't noticed many.

MIAdragon
05-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Why put more stress on his knees than is already there?

Bowser
05-23-2009, 10:19 PM
You don't think Purple Jesus WANTED the greatest moment in sports history to happen?Indeed, He is kind and giving for having to suffer the all-time defeat to a WAC school.

lol nub u don't even know bout His magnanimityI had no idea he was having problems with his breasts.

Nightfyre
05-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Do you see a lot of football fans with unholy lust for offensive linemen? Because I haven't noticed many.
No, but I don't see many people with an unholy lust for football players in general.

Count Alex's Losses
05-23-2009, 10:26 PM
No, but I don't see many people with an unholy lust for football players in general.

Look harder?

MoreLemonPledge
05-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Yeah, AD has a great line, but he's one of the best in open space, too.

Raised On Riots
05-24-2009, 12:10 AM
I'm just trying to fucking help here. Shit.

ROFL

Is he any relation to BC?:doh!:

Halfcan
05-24-2009, 12:14 AM

he has good penmanship and a nice singing voice too

but wants to get Even Better :)

JD10367
05-24-2009, 12:14 AM

Those don't work.

So I'm told.

By a friend. Yeah, that's it.

The_Doctor10
05-24-2009, 02:55 AM
FLAW FOUND

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YraRSrQTHFs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YraRSrQTHFs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Of course, because OU's defense falling for a hook and ladder, two tailback/receiver option passes, and a Statue of Liberty play on a two point conversion were clearly all his fault.

The dude is the best back in football, and he didn't look like he was giving love taps to defenders last season. If he becomes a more impactful runner with the additional muscle, look the fuck out.

The_Doctor10
05-24-2009, 02:56 AM
ROFL

Is he any relation to BC?:doh!:

His nickname is 'All Day', for what it's worth. Hence AD. Though depending on who you ask, 'Adrian Peterson' could very well come to stand for 'In the year of our Lord'.

Raised On Riots
05-24-2009, 03:03 AM
His nickname is 'All Day', for what it's worth. Hence AD. Though depending on who you ask, 'Adrian Peterson' could very well come to stand for 'In the year of our Lord'.

Meh. He's a Sooner and therefore cursed.

MoreLemonPledge
05-24-2009, 06:24 AM

Thank you for taking care of that for me :D

It's a terrible nickname, but it's better than Purple Jesus.

Ultra Peanut
05-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Um, no nickname is better than Purple Jesus.

wild1
05-24-2009, 10:03 AM
when was he ever "trucking guys"?

58-4ever
05-24-2009, 10:14 AM
when was he ever "trucking guys"?

Ummm... since high school and into the pros. Have you ever watched him play?

Skip Towne
05-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Ummm... since high school and into the pros. Have you ever watched him play?

He's not quite the bull LJ is but he's close. Where did he go to high school?

Mr. Krab
05-24-2009, 10:59 AM
I imagine he just start the season heavier. He will probably lose weight throughout the entire season and end up back at 217.

Dark Horse
05-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Thank you for taking care of that for me :D

It's a terrible nickname, but it's better than Purple Jesus.

IMHO his nickname should be, the Perfect Storm because he's both thunder and lightning

Raised On Riots
05-24-2009, 03:20 PM
IMHO his nickname should be, the Perfect Storm because he's both thunder and lightning

Too bad he's being wasted in Minnesota. He'll probably have to retire early due to running on turf most of his career.

Dark Horse
05-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Too bad he's being wasted in Minnesota. He'll probably have to retire early due to running on turf most of his career.

Yeah too bad, but if he were a Chief we would probably just trade him for draft picks anyway.

wild1
05-24-2009, 03:25 PM

the surface is field turf now, like 1/3 or more of the league uses in their stadiums.

Raised On Riots
05-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah too bad, but if he were a Chief we would probably just trade him for draft picks anyway.

That rumbling you hear in the sky is the sound of Jesus GM finding your lack of faith disturbing.:)

Raised On Riots
05-24-2009, 03:26 PM
the surface is field turf now, like 1/3 or more of the league uses in their stadiums.

What's the difference between field turf and grass?

wild1
05-24-2009, 03:27 PM
What's the difference between field turf and grass?

a 5 year study published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine found that injury rates were similar on natural grass and synthetic turf.

Dark Horse
05-24-2009, 03:29 PM
That rumbling you hear in the sky is the sound of Jesus GM finding your lack of faith disturbing.:)

Comparing Pioli to Jesus, now that's disturbing

wild1
05-24-2009, 03:31 PM

i have noticed it on this board. anyone who the speaker wishes to run down gets called "Jesus". Michael Vick, Matt Cassel, Scott Pioli, Haley, Sanchez, anybody...

it's just a shorthand straw man

Raised On Riots
05-24-2009, 03:36 PM
i have noticed it on this board. anyone who the speaker wishes to run down gets called "Jesus". Michael Vick, Matt Cassel, Scott Pioli, Haley, Sanchez, anybody...

Eggsactly! Nothing to get twisted about.

Dark Horse
05-24-2009, 03:41 PM

That is the part that is disturbing to me.

Rausch
05-24-2009, 03:47 PM

Yeah.

He looks much more like Tony Soprano...

Skip Towne
05-24-2009, 03:50 PM
He wants to be John Riggins

Rausch
05-24-2009, 03:51 PM

I don't think he could pull off the mohawk...

Count Alex's Losses
05-24-2009, 03:57 PM

Riggo went like 240, didn't he?

Skip Towne
05-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Riggo went like 240, didn't he?

He was 235 at KU. And was never thrown for a loss in 4 years there.