PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs' offense has turned into Cassel and the question marks

Pages : [1] 2

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 09:36 AM
JASON WHITLOCK COMMENTARY
I’m starting to get cold feet about Cassel

When Scott Pioli struck the deal for Tom Brady understudy Matt Cassel, the experts lauded Pioli for acquiring the one-year wonder for such a “reasonable” price, a second-round pick.

Three months later — with Cassel still unsigned to a long-term deal — the price tag is losing quite a bit of its discount value. In fact, you could argue that Cassel inked a rather generous prenuptial agreement and Bill Belichick unloaded a potential headache.

It appears the Chiefs have little interest in signing Matt Cassel to a long-term contract before the start of the season. Or, more likely, Pioli lost interest in signing Cassel to a long-term contract once Kansas City’s first-time general manager learned Cassel and agent David Dunn’s asking price.

Given Cassel’s and Pioli’s New England relationship, I just assumed when the Chiefs traded for Cassel, the parameters of a long-term deal were agreed upon before the trade. I assumed wrong. Or, more likely, Cassel and Dunn elevated their contract demands after perusing the Chiefs’ roster and salary-cap situation.

The Chiefs have enough salary-cap room to house, feed, clothe and entertain most of Canada. And Kansas City’s current offensive personnel would make any rational QB demand hazardous-work pay.

Whatever the cause, Pioli and Dunn can’t agree on Cassel’s worth. The rumor around the Loch Lloyd golf course is the Cassels are renting, not buying.

Can you really blame them in this economy and with a fickle housing market?

But whom should we blame for this expensive experiment?

As of right now, Cassel is scheduled to earn nearly $15 million for the 2009 season. That’s his franchise-tag number.

Had we known in February that Cassel would cost $15 million and a second-round pick for one season of play, would we still regard his acquisition as a wise move?

Of course, if he plays lights-out and proves that his one good, Randy Moss-Wes Welker-fueled season was no fluke, no one will complain about the acquisition price and no one will care what the Chiefs have to pay next season to keep him.

The problem is, I just can’t imagine him putting together a magnificent or even solid season in 2009.

Tony Gonzalez is gone. Larry Johnson is still here. Brian Waters is somewhere brooding. The Chiefs drafted a bunch of defensive linemen.

The way Pioli has assembled offensive talent (36-year-old Bobby Engram is the big-ticket free-agent signing) makes me believe he’s negotiating with Dunn and Cassel.

No offense to Cassel, but he’s a college and NFL bench-warmer who had the luxury of playing quarterback alongside the greatest offensive force (Moss) the league has seen since Jim Brown.

Last season Cassel stepped into a moving vehicle and did a good job of not running off the road. Kansas City’s offense has been stuck in neutral since Dick Vermeil left. And now the one reliable tire left on KC’s car moved to Atlanta.

This smells like 15 TDs and 20 interceptions, doesn’t it? Or maybe seven TDs, 12 interceptions and a season-ending injury halfway through the season.

It’s not even June, and I can already hear the Tyler Thigpen chants in the distance. By October, the talk-radio shows will be filled with Grbac-Gannon analogies.

The official Vegas over-under line on when I’ll write my first Jeff George column is Oct. 3. I’m playing the under if you must know.

For the record, my official position is I’d prefer to see the Chiefs draft and develop a quarterback. The Chiefs keep trying to convert backups — even Joe Montana was Steve Young’s backup in San Fran — into Super Bowl quarterbacks.

You ever break up with a girlfriend/boyfriend, date their best friend and then complain about the same problems? It’s stupid. It’s just as stupid to keep dating the exact same quarterback.

Most backup quarterbacks are backups for a good reason. They don’t marinate on the bench for eight years waiting to be discovered.

My problem with Cassel is he didn’t transfer out of USC when he was stuck behind Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart. The great ones generally have massive egos that can’t be satisfied riding the pine.

Man, I hope I’m wrong about this $15 million audition.

Jason show me the money!

MikeMaslowski
05-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Why was a Bronco fan the first to post this?

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 10:09 AM

Just came arcoss this in my daily www. travels.

;)

MikeMaslowski
05-24-2009, 10:11 AM

;)

us chiefs fans need to get on our game....

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 10:13 AM
us chiefs fans need to get on our game....

No worries.

My pleasure.

;)

Detoxing
05-24-2009, 10:17 AM

Because no one really gives a shit about what teicher says. All he did was puke up an interview we all read a few days ago, and donkey bob is just trying to build his post count.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigVE
05-24-2009, 10:20 AM

The QB situation in Donk-land makes it difficult to talk about...it's better/easier to live through a rival team that has hope instead. Thanks for the article.

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Because no one really gives a shit about what teicher says. All he did was puke up an interview we all read a few days ago, and donkey bob is just trying to build his post count.
Posted via Mobile Device

Uh yeah...

That's my motivation....

ROFL

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 10:21 AM
The QB situation in Donk-land makes it difficult to talk about...it's better/easier to live through a rival team that has hope instead. Thanks for the article.

I'll talk about Kyle Orton who is 21-12 as a starter in the NFL.

;)

Detoxing
05-24-2009, 10:26 AM
I'll talk about Kyle Orton who is 21-12 as a starter in the NFL.

Yeah, he was so great that the bears traded him lol. U seem to be the only retard who thinks orton is worth a shit. So when u 69 with orton, do u ever get a rash on ur balls?

;)
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I have faith that Orton can manage the offense...

Due to the fact that he has never played with as much talent as he will have in Denver.

Remember..He inherits the NFLs 2nd ranked offense...

;)

Mr. Krab
05-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Actually i think Orton is underrated by most people. Imo he can be a decent enough game manager.

Bowser
05-24-2009, 11:01 AM

Due to the fact that he has never played with as much talent as he will have in Denver.

;)

How long is Marshall going to be suspended for this time?

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 11:06 AM
How long is Marshall going to be suspended for this time?

Derek from Denver wants to know if there is an update on whether the NFL will suspend Denver receiver Brandon Marshall for an off-season arrest.

Grimmace: I've talked to several people about this and while the league can still suspend Marshall, the feeling is that the longer it goes without Marshall being suspended, the better it is for him. Marshall was arrested after a domestic dispute. However, charges were dropped the next day in early March. Marshall was suspended for one game last year after a series of arrests. The league could still come down on Marshall, but no news could be good news for Marshall.

;)

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Actually i think Orton is underrated by most people. Imo he can be a decent enough game manager.

Amen.

Bowser
05-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Derek from Denver wants to know if there is an update on whether the NFL will suspend Denver receiver Brandon Marshall for an off-season arrest.

Grimmace: I've talked to several people about this and while the league can still suspend Marshall, the feeling is that the longer it goes without Marshall being suspended, the better it is for him. Marshall was arrested after a domestic dispute. However, charges were dropped the next day in early March. Marshall was suspended for one game last year after a series of arrests. The league could still come down on Marshall, but no news could be good news for Marshall.

;)

Yeah, because Goddell has shown he's willing to turn a blind eye towards repeat offenders.

;)

Tribal Warfare
05-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Where's the link to the story?

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Yeah, because Goddell has shown he's willing to turn a blind eye towards repeat offenders.;)

Hey..don't shoot the messenger...

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Where's the link to the story?

www.teicherneedsashunt.com/

Tribal Warfare
05-24-2009, 11:38 AM
www.teicherneedsashunt.com/

Link to the story please or it's considered falsely titled information, n00b

milkman
05-24-2009, 11:40 AM

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/v-print/story/1213449.html

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 11:41 AM

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1213449.html

might I suggest switching to decafe?

;)

Tribal Warfare
05-24-2009, 11:44 AM

;)

n00b, I'm fine it's the internet but if valuable information comes to pass that's not verified then that's strike two.

milkman
05-24-2009, 11:46 AM

;)

He is a bit high strung, ain't he?

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 11:49 AM
He is a bit high strung, ain't he?

I guess he took going 6-26 kinda hard?

;)

Tylerthigpen!1!
05-24-2009, 12:10 PM
The TE's in Arizona under Todd Haley were rarely used anyways....

Just Passin' By
05-24-2009, 12:16 PM
“I’m still figuring these guys out,” Haley said after one of last week’s practice sessions. “As I get comfortable watching or get a feel for these guys, there are signs of life. It looks like some guys have some skill. It’s just a matter of getting them to do it the right way all the time and then get in sync with the passer. We’ve got some work to do, and there’s a lot of room for improvement.”

Pretty much sums it up about what the roster must have looked like to these new coaches and front office people when they took a look at it.

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 12:24 PM
The TE's in Arizona under Todd Haley were rarely used anyways....

Any team that has three receiver set like Fitzgerald, Boldin and Breaston who needs a TE.

;)

StcChief
05-24-2009, 12:44 PM
n00b, I'm fine it's the internet but if valuable information comes to pass that's not verified then that's strike two.
Don't Donk fan get only two strikes... and that's one too many.:)

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Don't Donk fan get only two strikes... and that's one too many.:)

Hey you gave Carl Peterson 20 years of strikes....

;)

keg in kc
05-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Putting ;) after every goddamn post gets you on ignore, I don't care who you root for.

StcChief
05-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Hey you gave Carl Peterson 20 years of strikes....

;) well...Lamar was blindly loyalty for close but no cigar season in 90s. Once Marty left, Carl should have too..... hind sight is always 20/20.

:rolleyes:

JuicesFlowing
05-24-2009, 01:35 PM
By ADAM"WATERHEAD" TEICHER

Bowe caught 86 passes and scored seven touchdowns last season but has room for growth. He was maddeningly inconsistent, dropping several passes.

Actually Adam, i think the word you meant to use is numerous.

Hopefully Bowe has better hands this year.

the Talking Can
05-24-2009, 01:38 PM
you mean a 2-14 team can't solve every problem it has in 3 months?

shit, i had no idea...i thought you just snapped your fingers and everything was magically ok

StcChief
05-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Putting ;) after every goddamn post gets you on ignore, I don't care who you root for.this. Bronco "Bob" Rob could take some pointers from Vailpass,Garcia Bronco.... but it's not likely to get "Orangmanged" here though :nosmilie:

Chocolate Hog
05-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Cassel is your favorite coaches favorite player.

DaFace
05-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Putting ;) after every goddamn post gets you on ignore, I don't care who you root for.

I made it better.

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 01:51 PM
you mean a 2-14 team can't solve every problem it has in 3 months?

shit, i had no idea...i thought you just snapped your fingers and everything was magically ok

Still drinking Carl Peterson's kool-aid i see..

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Cassel is your favorite coaches favorite player.

Cassel + Chiefs = Bono, Grbac, & Green

Bowser
05-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Cassel + Chiefs = Bono, Grbac, & Green

I'd take Green over any of the turds you guys are running out under center this year, and it's debatable on the other two.

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 02:00 PM
I'd take Green over any of the turds you guys are running out under center this year, and it's debatable on the other two.

"Green struggled despite the presence of tight end Tony Gonzalez and running back Priest Holmes. He threw for 3,783 yards and 17 touchdowns, but also threw 24 interceptions, inspiring KC sportswriter Jason Whitlock to dub him "Trint", the letters "INT" being the common abbreviation for interception."

Good call

Rausch
05-24-2009, 02:04 PM
"Green struggled despite the presence of tight end Tony Gonzalez and running back Priest Holmes. He threw for 3,783 yards and 17 touchdowns, but also threw 24 interceptions, inspiring KC sportswriter Jason Whitlock to dub him "Trint", the letters "INT" being the common abbreviation for interception."

Good call

All the more reason to believe this will be a transition year for us. Cassel's play this year will definitely not be probowl. He's still fairly young, green, and just landed with a new team.

He's going to struggle. His bruises will have bruises behind this line.

But there's potential there...

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 02:05 PM
All the more reason to believe this will be a transition year for us. Cassel's play this year will definitely not be probowl. He's still fairly young, green, and just landed with a new team.

He's going to struggle. His bruises will have bruises behind this line.

But there's potential there...

If you can keep alive...

maybe...

maybe...

stevieray
05-24-2009, 02:06 PM

Good call

you aren't even good at being a troll.

jwhit stole that from this board.

...and where did Plummer end up after flipping off his own fnas,..that's right, replaced by...oh wait, that QB cried on his dress and left town too.

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 02:09 PM
you aren't even good at being a troll.

jwhit stole that from this board.

Uh I am not a troll

AND

That was taken from wikipedia....

Thanks for playing along..

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 02:11 PM
...and where did Plummer end up after flipping off his own fnas,..that's right, replaced by...oh wait, that QB cried on his dress and left town too.

Plummer won 70% of his starts in Denver..

WON a playoff game

AND played in the Conference Championship......

BTW Bronco "fnas" are the best!

stevieray
05-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Uh I am not a troll

AND

you needed wiki for smack?

kind of proves my point, wouldn't you say?

stevieray
05-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Plummer won 70% of his starts in Denver..

WON a playoff game

AND played in the Conference Championship......

BTW Bronco "fnas" are the best!

he's an awesome football...err handball player.

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 02:13 PM
you needed wiki for smack?

kind of proves my point, wouldn't you say?

No.

I thinking not going to a Superbowl in 40 years is enough "smack"

I thinking the fact that 28 OTHER NFL teams HAVE made it to the Superbowl since KC is enough "smack"

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 02:17 PM
he's an awesome football...err handball player.

How many playoff games did :

Steve Bono
Rich Gannon
Elvis Grbac
Warren Moon
Trent Green
Damon Huard
Brodie Croyle
Tyler Thigpen

Win for the Chiefs?

Rausch
05-24-2009, 02:18 PM
No.

I thinking the fact that 28 OTHER NFL teams HAVE made it to the Superbowl since KC is enough "smack"

Jethopper
05-24-2009, 02:33 PM

I don't understand why people are hating on Orton. He has a good arm with great upside.

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 02:33 PM
How many playoff games did :

Steve Bono
Rich Gannon
Elvis Grbac
Warren Moon
Trent Green
Damon Huard
Brodie Croyle
Tyler Thigpen

Win for the Chiefs?

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 02:34 PM
I don't understand why people are hating on Orton. He has a good arm with great upside.

Not to mention he will be surrounded by talented players for the first time in his career..

Bowser
05-24-2009, 02:36 PM

Good call

Even with the horrendous 2001 season, I'd still take him over all the lumps you have at QB today.

And allow me to continue the Wiki article....

Green showed marked improvement in 2002, throwing 26 touchdowns to only 13 interceptions as the Chiefs went 8-8. In 2003, Green had his breakout year, throwing for 4,039 yards, 24 touchdowns, and 12 interceptions. He led the Chiefs to a 13-3 record and a first-round bye in the playoffs. However, in the divisional playoff game, they lost a 38-31 shootout to Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts. The game was notable for there being no punts by either team, a first in NFL playoff history. Green was elected to his first Pro Bowl that year. The next season, the Chiefs went 7-9 as Priest Holmes suffered a knee injury in their eighth game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Tampa, Florida and missed the rest of the regular season. At the time, he was leading the league in both rushing and scoring. However, Green still had a stellar year, passing for 4,591 yards, 27 touchdowns, and 17 interceptions. His passing total was second only to Minnesota's Daunte Culpepper.

In 2005, the Chiefs, with an improved defense, improved their record to 10-6, but failed to make the playoffs. Green had another strong season in 2005, throwing for 4,010 yards (second only to New England's Tom Brady), and only throwing just 10 interceptions, his lowest season total ever. Green was elected to his second Pro Bowl following the season. With a third consecutive 4,000 yard season, Green joins Drew Bledsoe, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts and Warren Moon as the only quarterbacks in NFL history to pass for more than 4,000 yards in three or more seasons during their careers. Green has the distinction of having three consecutive seasons with a QB rating of 90.0 or better.

wild1
05-24-2009, 02:36 PM
he couldn't wrestle the starting job away from Rex Grossman. that's all you need to know.

Grossman handed it to him later, he was starting by virtue of being the next guy on the bench. that's all you need to know. he couldn't win the job versus Rex Grossman

Bowser
05-24-2009, 02:38 PM
No.

Your team lost to a 2-14 team last year. Haha.

The Bronco Rob
Even with the horrendous 2001 season, I'd still take him over all the lumps you have at QB today.

And allow me to continue the Wiki article....

I must have missed the part where Trent Green won a playoff game at Quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs??

A glaring oversite...

heh...

Jethopper
However, the donks could have the worst defense in the nfl this year. Good luck with brian dawkins on passing downs....

(Eagles are the only team I watch aside from the chiefs)

Bowser
05-24-2009, 02:39 PM
he couldn't wrestle the starting job away from Rex Grossman. that's all you need to know.

Grossman handed it to him later, he was starting by virtue of being the next guy on the bench. that's all you need to know. he couldn't win the job versus Rex Grossman

But he's going to have talent and stuff in Denver.

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 02:39 PM

Who is Rex starting for in 2009?

Oh yeah...

Jethopper
05-24-2009, 02:40 PM
wobbly launcher v.2?

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Your team lost to a 2-14 team last year. Haha.

You left out : "The Chiefs' 2008 season began with a 1-10 record, with the franchise losing 20 of 21 games over a two-year period"

Bowser
05-24-2009, 02:42 PM
I must have missed the part where Trent Green won a playoff game at Quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs??

A glaring oversite...

heh...

That wasn't the point (and it's not his fault Gonzalez got hosed on a ridiculous PI call, either). The point was Green is worlds better than Orton, Simms, and whatever clam you have as a third QB.

Orton is going to fold under the pressure he has on him. There are two things he had in Chicago that made him a "winning" QB -

a) An imposing defense
b) Devin Hester

He has nothing close to that in Denver, even with Royal and Marshall. Enjoy him not being anywhere as good as Cutler.

The Bronco Rob
However, the donks could have the worst defense in the nfl this year. Good luck with brian dawkins on passing downs....

(Eagles are the only team I watch aside from the chiefs)

Mike Nolan's presence alone will help that defense.

Rausch
You left out : "The Chiefs' 2008 season began with a 1-10 record, with the franchise losing 20 of 21 games over a two-year period"

Well the silver lining is that no matter how much we stuck we'll still split with you guys...

Bowser
05-24-2009, 02:43 PM

It's got to be embarassing to lose to a team like that, huh? And not just lose, but piss pounded.

Bowser
05-24-2009, 02:44 PM

Wow, that's what folks were saying about Gunther his second time around here.

RNR
05-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Not to mention he will be surrounded by talented players for the first time in his career..

There is noway in hell Bronco fans are feeling better about the QB position now than they were last year. (insert Russell joke here to deflect) Anyone less a blind homer knows that Orton is a down grade. Hey he may prove people wrong but not likely.

DaFace
05-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Uh I am not a troll

AND

Thanks for playing along..

By what definition do you not consider what you're doing to be trolling? You're being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. You aren't discussing anything. You aren't adding any insights or value. And you certainly not entertaining anyone except perhaps yourself.

Pioli Zombie
05-24-2009, 02:51 PM
NFL Newtwork is showing Cassels 400 yard game vs the Jets!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 02:56 PM
That wasn't the point (and it's not his fault Gonzalez got hosed on a ridiculous PI call, either). The point was Green is worlds better than Orton, Simms, and whatever clam you have as a third QB.

Orton is going to fold under the pressure he has on him. There are two things he had in Chicago that made him a "winning" QB -

a) An imposing defense
b) Devin Hester

He has nothing close to that in Denver, even with Royal and Marshall. Enjoy him not being anywhere as good as Cutler.

Who said anything about being as good as Cutler?

Orton has one of the best offensive lines in the NFL

Marshall, Royal & Stokey as Wrs

Not to mention a plethora of Rbs..

None of things he had in chicago and still went 21-12 as a starter.

Mr. Krab
05-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
Meh, the more i see of Cassel the less impressed i am with him. Lots of handoffs and short passes, any pass beyond 10 yards is shaky.

KCUnited
05-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
All YAC. /tr00ass

Pioli Zombie
05-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Meh, the more i see of Cassel the less impressed i am with him. Lots of handoffs and short passes, any pass beyond 10 yards is shaky.

You are fricken blind, man.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Cassel does not set the Chiefs up as a winning team for next season, not with the horrendous defense they had last season. (Vrabel won't do much to help a defense that was 31st in the NFL last season -- giving up a whopping 393 yards per game.) And would Belichick really sacrifice his own team's success to help out a former colleague? Is there any history of this behavior whatsoever from Belichick, who has friends and proteges all over the league? If he is as competitive as everyone says he is, wouldn't he be much more concerned about guaranteeing that the Patriots' run of success continues than he would be with helping Scott Pioli appear like a genius, so that he can eventually take credit for it all?

Interesting read.....

http://patsblog.projo.com/2009/03/jay-mariotti-ca.html

It's not inconceivable that Cassel's franchise deal, while guaranteeing the Patriots compensation for losing him, reduced his appeal to teams in the long run. There is a lot of reason to be skeptical that Cassel is really worth that much money on the basis of one strong season, leading one of the best offenses in NFL history. In the end, there are two people we know of who wanted to take the chance: Pioli and Josh McDaniels. It worked out for Pioli. Hardly seems worth an investigation.

Bowser
05-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Who said anything about being as good as Cutler?

Orton has one of the best offensive lines in the NFL

Marshall, Royal & Stokey as Wrs

Not to mention a plethora of Rbs..

None of things he had in chicago and still went 21-12 as a starter.

Eddie Royal is no Devin Hester.

Your defense still sucks, Nolan or no Nolan.

Orton rode the defense and special teams in Chicago. Everyone seems to realize this but you. I'll even go as far as to say that Orton may put up some nice numbers for you, but he is not going to carry the Broncos, despite all these "weapons" they have.

Again, enjoy not having a franchise QB this year.

Spicy McHaggis
05-24-2009, 03:06 PM

Jethopper
05-24-2009, 03:16 PM

I'm watching right now....WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!?

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Again, enjoy not having a franchise QB this year.

Same to you cheifs fan.

In fact when was the last time KC had a "Franchise" QB..

Or even a better question...

Have the chiefs ever drafted a "Franchise" OB in their 50 year history?

hmmmmmmmmm

KCChiefsFan88
05-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Unless the Chiefs make a major addition on offense between now and the start of the season (and unless they make an unexpected move for Boldin, that appears unlikely)... I think the Chiefs are going to regret not surrounding Cassel with more talent.

This reminds me of the situation surrounding Trent Green's first season in KC when the Chiefs didn't do enough to provide Trent with enough offensive weaponary and the result was he was a mediocre QB.

When Mark Bradley is your answer for stretching the field on offense that isn't good.

Raised On Riots
05-24-2009, 04:18 PM

I would have posted it from the other board last night, but no doubt some douchebag would have come along with "repost".

But to the matter at hand; Pioli and Haley are banking big time on a defensive turnaround it seems, yes.

Huffman83
05-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Same to you cheifs fan.

In fact when was the last time KC had a "Franchise" OB..

hmmmmmmmmm

Technically KC did try...it just failed.

But I just don't think that's worse than having "the guy." and getting rid of him because his pussy hurt.

orange
05-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Same to you cheifs fan.

hmmmmmmmmm

Lenny Dawson was legit.

Of course, he was more of an Orton than a Cutler.

Huffman83
05-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Lenny Dawson was legit.

Of course, he was more of an Orton than a Cutler.

Kc didn't draft Dawson Hommes.

Raised On Riots
05-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Technically KC did try...it just failed.

But I just don't think that's worse than having "the guy." and getting rid of him because his pussy hurt.

This.

KCChiefsFan88
05-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Same to you cheifs fan.

hmmmmmmmmm

Why would the Chiefs need a franchise "OB"?

Have they been invading Manny Ramirez's medicine cabinet of female fertility drugs?

orange
05-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Kc didn't draft Dawson Hommes.

He asked two questions.

The fact that KC didn't draft Dawson just makes him even more of an Orton.

Huffman83
05-24-2009, 04:34 PM
He asked two questions.

The fact that KC didn't draft Dawson just makes him even more of an Orton.

Word! My bad.

The Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Why would the Chiefs need a franchise "QB"?

maybe because the chiefs haven't sniffed a Lombardi in 40 years?

just sayin'

Reerun_KC
05-24-2009, 04:37 PM
maybe because the chiefs haven't sniffed a Lombardi in 40 years?

just sayin'

And we still dont have a QB that is capable of taking a team to the superbowl on this roster....

Huffman83
05-24-2009, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=The Bronco Rob;5790114]maybe because the chiefs haven't sniffed a Lombardi in 40 years?

But at least we've all sniffed your mom's pantys in the last 3 days.:D

just sayin'

Raised On Riots
05-24-2009, 04:46 PM
And we still dont have a QB that is capable of taking a team to the superbowl on this roster....

You're a bold one, Mr. Run. I sense the awesome anger of Douchey3 bearing down on you from afar...

Reerun_KC
05-24-2009, 04:48 PM
You're a bold one, Mr. Run. I sense the awesome anger of Douchey3 bearing down on you from afar...

Not really, Just being a realist... Been down this road time and time again with the Chiefs. We go and get some ones backup, insert them as the starter and pray that he can manage the game to the tune of a 9-7 season...

Raised On Riots
05-24-2009, 04:48 PM
[quote=The Bronco Rob;5790114]maybe because the chiefs haven't sniffed a Lombardi in 40 years?

But at least we've all sniffed your mom's pantys in the last 3 days.:D

just sayin'

Why are Donko trolls the most retarded fucksticks in all the land? Seriously! Between this braying ass and "Spider", you can't rub two brain cells together!

It's sad. Sad I say!

Huffman83
05-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Not really, Just being a realist... Been down this road time and time again with the Chiefs. We go and get some ones backup, insert them as the starter and pray that he can manage the game to the tune of a 9-7 season...

Man....9-7 would be soooo awesome!!

Raised On Riots
05-24-2009, 04:50 PM

Asses in the seats my good man, asses in the seats.

Reerun_KC
05-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Man....9-7 would be soooo awesome!!

And so would a first round playoff asswhipping when we dont belong.... That would be awesome too!!!

Reerun_KC
05-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Asses in the seats my good man, asses in the seats.

Well was hoping with the new front office, we would have a new direction and commitment...

So far one would think Carl is still somehow around....

Raised On Riots
05-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Well was hoping with the new front office, we would have a new direction and commitment...

So far one would think Carl is still somehow around....

I'm going to wait until the end of year three before passing final judgment.

If we don't know exactly where we're headed by that point, we'll never know.

JD10367
05-24-2009, 05:43 PM

I'm sure you did. And I hope you wiped it off before posting it here.

Raised On Riots
05-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Beware the awesome power of 'Donko Tard'.

TEX
05-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Pretty much sums it up about what the roster must have looked like to these new coaches and front office people when they took a look at it.

Or anyone with common sense. Herm said it was about 85% complete...ROFL

TEX
05-24-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm going to wait until the end of year three before passing final judgment.

If we don't know exactly where we're headed by that point, we'll never know.

Here's the deal with that. If we wait until after year three before passing judgement and it's not working, it will be 6 wasted years. Because of the TOTAL FAILURE of Herm and Carl's plan, this team needs to show signs it's headed in the right direction before then.

Bowser
05-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Here's the deal with that. If we wait until after year three before passing judgement and it's not working, it will be 6 wasted years. Because of the TOTAL FAILURE of Herm and Carl's plan, this team needs to show signs it's headed in the right direction before then.

Well, anything is possible, but this year is likely to be not that good. Our linebacking corp and receiver corp is going to hold back this team in a major way. I just hope people realize what is going on here and don't assume the worst.

Yes, that comment is ROFL worthy.

Raised On Riots
05-24-2009, 06:04 PM

You can only draft, pick up, and systematize so much personnel per season. Time must be given. If Marty and Carl could have a team playoff-ready in four years, Pioli and Haley should be able to do the same in three.

Dylan
05-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Bronco Bob:

Given the Broncos tough schedule -- I'm wondering if you were surprised the Broncos traded up three/four times and settled on offensive players?

With regard to the draft, I thought it odd McDaniels did not address the defensive front. Certainly, New England's three Super Bowl wins were built on the foundation of three No. 1 defensive players -- Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork & Richard Seymour. Without them, Tom Brady would not be the winner of three Super Bowls rings. J/M/O

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 07:55 AM
Bronco Bob:

Given the Broncos tough schedule -- I'm wondering if you were surprised the Broncos traded up three/four times and settled on offensive players?

With regard to the draft, I thought it odd McDaniels did not address the defensive front. Certainly, New England's three Super Bowl wins were built on the foundation of three No. 1 defensive players -- Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork & Richard Seymour. Without them, Tom Brady would not be the winner of three Super Bowls rings. J/M/O

My guess would be that there wasn't a defensive player worthy of that pick.

There were rumblings that the 2009 draft was one of the weakest in a long time.

Only time will tell if Josh & Xanders made the right moves.

Couldn't agree more about your assessment of the Pats.

RNR
05-25-2009, 08:12 AM
There is noway in hell Bronco fans are feeling better about the QB position now than they were last year. (insert Russell joke here to deflect) Anyone less a blind homer knows that Orton is a down grade. Hey he may prove people wrong but not likely.

Do you think Orton is better than Cutler?

JD10367
05-25-2009, 10:35 AM
My guess would be that there wasn't a defensive player worthy of that pick.

There were rumblings that the 2009 draft was one of the weakest in a long time.

Only time will tell if Josh & Xanders made the right moves.

Couldn't agree more about your assessment of the Pats.

As a Pats fan, I don't agree. Bill Parcells always stressed that the game is won in the trenches, i.e. on the O-line and D-line, and it's true that you need beef up front. But, frankly, while Warren, Wilfork, and Seymour are solid, they also tend to disappear for long stretches of time. And, let's not forget, it's Brady and the offense that do most of the damage when it counts. IMO it's much more important to have a solid QB and an O-line that's good at what you do best (run-block or pass-block), and while your defensive front seven need to be solid you're screwed without quality defensive backs (as the Pats were last season at times, and have been since losing both Ty Law and then Asante Samuel).

However, in terms of McDaniels, he learned from Belichick and--like Belichick did on draft day by dropping into Round 2 for a bunch of picks--he probably figured, as you said, the talent in Round 1 wasn't worth the pick or the price tag. The draft is becoming overrated, IMO. Too many 1st-rounders get handed a huge paycheck before they even do a damn thing. WR Wes Welker, Steeler James Harrison, Tom Brady himself... there are a lot of low-round pickups or walk-ons who work out a lot better than those high-level draft picks. There's more than one way to build a team, and Round 1 is probably the weakest unless you're getting a bona-fide undeniable stud.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Do you think Orton is better than Cutler?

Do I think that Kyle Orton is better than Jay Cutler?

Is that the question?

Really?!?

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 03:14 PM
However, in terms of McDaniels, he learned from Belichick and--like Belichick did on draft day by dropping into Round 2 for a bunch of picks--he probably figured, as you said, the talent in Round 1 wasn't worth the pick or the price tag. The draft is becoming overrated, IMO. Too many 1st-rounders get handed a huge paycheck before they even do a damn thing. WR Wes Welker, Steeler James Harrison, Tom Brady himself... there are a lot of low-round pickups or walk-ons who work out a lot better than those high-level draft picks. There's more than one way to build a team, and Round 1 is probably the weakest unless you're getting a bona-fide undeniable stud.

Salient observation...

JD10367
05-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Do I think that Kyle Orton is better than Jay Cutler?

Is that the question?

Really?!?

In terms of God-given football talent: Cutler. In terms of football brains: tossup. In terms of leadership ability: Orton.

Back in early 2001--before the Jets sheared a blood vessel in a vicious hit and sent Drew Bledsoe into obscurity--if you'd asked, "do you think that Tom Brady is better than Drew Bledsoe" most people would've laughed hysterically. It's not always about the physical tools. I'm more worried about the Broncos with Orton than I was about the Broncos with Cutler. With Orton, they might be a better team, learn how to actually play together more efficiently, move the chains, etc.,.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 03:23 PM
In terms of God-given football talent: Cutler. In terms of football brains: tossup. In terms of leadership ability: Orton.

Back in early 2001--before the Jets sheared a blood vessel in a vicious hit and sent Drew Bledsoe into obscurity--if you'd asked, "do you think that Tom Brady is better than Drew Bledsoe" most people would've laughed hysterically. It's not always about the physical tools. I'm more worried about the Broncos with Orton than I was about the Broncos with Cutler. With Orton, they might be a better team, learn how to actually play together more efficiently, move the chains, etc.,.

Agreed

Less physical abilities aka no worries about the "Having too much faith in the arm"...aka gunslinger mentality just manage the game...

MoreLemonPledge
05-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Are we really arguing that Orton is better than Cutler? Really?

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Are we really arguing that Orton is better than Cutler? Really?

Reading comprehension is not your friend it take it?

JD10367
05-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Agreed

Less physical abilities aka no worries about the "Having too much faith in the arm"...aka gunslinger mentality just manage the game...

Yes. Like Brett Favre, Drew Bledsoe, and some others, the guys with the arms think, at the last moment, "I can just heave it way out there and it'll work". Hence the reason sometimes an Orton, or a Cassel, is better than a Cutler.

Granted, a Cutler with better brains would be better than an Orton or a Cassel. But an immature dumb Cutler is not as good as either.

The jury's out as to which way Cutler's career will go. But it doesn't look promising, IMO. He's teetering on the edge. Guys like Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, and Carson Palmer went more in the proper direction. Let's see where Cutler goes.

And does anyone else think "Cassel and the Question Marks" sounds like a bad high school band from the 50s? Or is it just me...

stevieray
05-25-2009, 03:37 PM

"it take it..."

:clap:

MoreLemonPledge
05-25-2009, 03:57 PM

You're the one who thinks trading a Pro Bowl QB for a game manager is a good thing.

orange
05-25-2009, 04:09 PM
You're the one who thinks trading a Pro Bowl QB for a game manager is a good thing.

As said by sports columnist Jim Armstrong:

"Devin Hester on Jay Cutler after Jay-C's first day of minicamping in Chicago, "His athleticism, the way he moves . . . it's like he's been playing quarterback since he was 3 years old." Really, he isn't 3 anymore? Wouldn't have known. . . . "

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 04:29 PM

Welcome to Wrongsville! Population: You.

MoreLemonPledge
05-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Agreed

Ahem. That's called denial right there.

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 04:44 PM

I know you didn't write that. Nolan is a retard. He singlehandedly tried to ruin Baltimores defense and San Fran was a train wreck with him there. Nolan is a poor man's hobo version of Robinson.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 04:47 PM
I know you didn't write that. Nolan is a retard. He singlehandedly tried to ruin Baltimores defense and San Fran was a train wreck with him there. Nolan is a poor man's hobo version of Robinson.

The Denver Broncos on Monday hired Mike Nolan as the team's defensive coordinator.

Nolan, a veteran of 22 NFL seasons, spent the majority of the last four seasons as head coach of the San Francisco 49ers, begins his second coaching stint with the Broncos. He guided the Broncos' special teams and linebackers from 1987-92, contributing to a pair of trips to the Super Bowl (XXII and XXIV) as well as an appearance in the AFC Championship Game in 1991.

Nolan has helped seven playoff appearances as a coach, including four postseason appearances as defensive coordinator. He has instructed two Associated Press NFL Defensive Player of the Year winners (linebacker Ray Lewis in 2003 and safety Ed Reed in 2004) and three AP NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year winners (linebacker Patrick Willis, linebacker Terrell Suggs and linebacker Mike Croel).

heh...

chiefzilla1501
05-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Agreed

To manage games, you have to have a supporting cast. You have to have a stellar running game and/or an outstanding defense. You can get away with a good but not great running game if your defense is elite. In Orton's case, he had a solid running game and a decent defense with an outstanding special teams unit coupled with a Mickey Mouse schedule.

You can't manage games if your running game is incapable of extending drives. And you can't afford to put up 18 passing TDs if you don't get special teams support or if your defense is constantly giving up 30+. You bring up Carson Palmer and Philip Rivers, but those guys both had outstanding supporting casts. Cutler only has good receivers, nevermind that he had an average running game and an atrocious defense.

Cutler was flawed last season, but it was only his second full season in the NFL. He was a highly rated QB coming out of the draft that has blossomed way faster than most QBs do. You can justify all you want, but only fans in Denver agree that this is even close to a fair swap. Cutler has much less downside risk than Orton--his downside risk is probably that he's Drew Bledsoe, which isn't anything to sneeze about. But his upside is through the roof. Orton has considerably lower upside and given that he's never been overly productive at the pro level yet, there's still major downside risk.

It's very hard to defend that decision. And it's not just fans in the AFC West that are saying this.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 04:56 PM
To manage games, you have to have a supporting cast. You have to have a stellar running game and/or an outstanding defense. You can get away with a good but not great running game if your defense is elite. In Orton's case, he had a solid running game and a decent defense with an outstanding special teams unit coupled with a Mickey Mouse schedule.

You can't manage games if your running game is incapable of extending drives. And you can't afford to put up 18 passing TDs if you don't get special teams support or if your defense is constantly giving up 30+. You bring up Carson Palmer and Philip Rivers, but those guys both had outstanding supporting casts. Cutler only has good receivers, nevermind that he had an average running game and an atrocious defense.

Cutler was flawed last season, but it was only his second full season in the NFL. He was a highly rated QB coming out of the draft that has blossomed way faster than most QBs do. You can justify all you want, but only fans in Denver agree that this is even close to a fair swap. Cutler has much less downside risk than Orton--his downside risk is probably that he's Drew Bledsoe, which isn't anything to sneeze about. But his upside is through the roof. Orton has considerably lower upside and given that he's never been overly productive at the pro level yet, there's still major downside risk.

It's very hard to defend that decision. And it's not just fans in the AFC West that are saying this.

*SIGH*

ohkay..in case you missed it...

"The Broncos have the best young offensive nucleus in football. Tackles Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris will both go to multiple Pro Bowls. Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal are the best receivers in tandem 26 or younger in football right now. "

Also the Broncos were ranked 2nd in the NFL in offense last season..

an amazing stat considering they went through SEVEN DIFFERENT running backs.....

Glad I could help..........

MoreLemonPledge
05-25-2009, 04:57 PM
*SIGH*

"The Broncos have the best young offensive nucleus in football. Tackles Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris will both go to multiple Pro Bowls. Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal are the best receivers in tandem 26 or younger in football right now. "

an amazing stat considering they went through SEVEN DIFFERENT running backs.....

So I guess you could give a lot of credit to the QB, then?

Just don't be surprised when that #2 offense falls to middle of the pack next year.

notorious
05-25-2009, 04:58 PM
90% of Denver fans spoke loudly about the fact that Cutler was the next Elway. He was Jesus with Diabetes. Then he suddenly became overated, a horrible decision maker, and a cancer to the team OVERNIGHT.

Give me one Denver fan, just ONE, that would have said that Orton is better then Cutler for their team before the Cutler trade talk fiasco.

It's a damn joke that Denver fan is trying to sugar coat a shit-sandwich.

I don't blame them. We as Chiefs fans would be doing the same damn thing if put in the same situation. Rational thought gets clouded when it is your team. Stand on the outside of a situation and things become very clear.

Let's not forget that it was Shanny's offense that was 2nd last year. I would take his offensive mind over just about anyone else. There will be a steep drop in production next year.

chiefzilla1501
05-25-2009, 05:00 PM
The Denver Broncos on Monday hired Mike Nolan as the team's defensive coordinator.

Nolan, a veteran of 22 NFL seasons, spent the majority of the last four seasons as head coach of the San Francisco 49ers, begins his second coaching stint with the Broncos. He guided the Broncos' special teams and linebackers from 1987-92, contributing to a pair of trips to the Super Bowl (XXII and XXIV) as well as an appearance in the AFC Championship Game in 1991.

Nolan has helped seven playoff appearances as a coach, including four postseason appearances as defensive coordinator. He has instructed two Associated Press NFL Defensive Player of the Year winners (linebacker Ray Lewis in 2003 and safety Ed Reed in 2004) and three AP NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year winners (linebacker Patrick Willis, linebacker Terrell Suggs and linebacker Mike Croel).

heh...

Mike Nolan's a real good coach. But the jury's still out on how good. Keep in mind that he inherited a Super Bowl defense, and that he also had one of the best front offices in football in Baltimore. A front office that has yielded outstanding defenses throughout the last 10 years, whether that was coordinated by Marvin Lewis, Mike Nolan, or Rex Ryan. Can Nolan build a defense on his own? Nobody knows yet, but in San Fran, the defensive approach looked confused from the get-go.

The personnel piece is a big part of the equation. Notice how Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Charlie Weis, Marvin Lewis could never replicate success anywhere else they've been? The Denver front office has looked out of sorts this offseason and I'm still confused about why they chose a GM with such a low level of experience. It's a tall task to expect Brian Xanders to be even remotely as good as Ozzie Newsome.

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 05:03 PM

heh...

Please. Anyone who gets fired in favor of Mike "Pants Optional" Singletary has got to be legendary in terms of suckiness.

And I'm sure that it was Nolan who made Ed Reed and Ray Lewis stars...

But whatever...you go enjoy his special brand of defensive genius this next season. And he's sure got a lot more to work with than guys like Lewis, Reed and Willis there in Denver.

Oh, and I did like the way he took the Ravens defense, which was ranked #2 in 2000, and skyrocketed to the #22 spot two short years later. Stunning coaching there.

chiefzilla1501
05-25-2009, 05:08 PM
*SIGH*

Like I said...
Glad you're convinced that the QUARTERBACK and the HEAD COACH and the OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR didn't have any impact on the Broncos being #2 last year. Mike Shanahan is known to be one of the best offensive minds in the NFL--widely regarded as such. He was replaced by Josh McDaniels, a good offensive mind, but expecting him to be as good as Shanahan is a tremendous leap in faith. And your offensive coordinator was replaced with a 36-year old, young coordinator with limited playcalling experience. In fact, almost your entire staff is ultra, ultra young.

They have outstanding receivers. And yes, they have some pieces to an offensive line. But that's all they have right now. And who knows how much better those guys were purely because of Shanahan's coaching. Who knows how great these guys will do behind a downgraded gameplan. The coaching and the front office took a huge hit and I guarantee it's going to show. McDaniels is a good coach, but he's got very big shoes to fill and not a lot of veteran help in the front office or staff to show for it. And it showed big time this offseason.

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 05:15 PM
You can't say McDaniels is a good coach. He's never coached before. He was an offensive coordinator on a really good team that basically got paid to hold a clipboard and say "Yes sir." to Bellichek. And I'm not so sure that guys like Marshall and especially Royal are elite level receivers. We'll see how good they are when Kyle "Wounded Duck" Orton is tossing them floaters versus Cutler laser beams.

The fact that Denver was #2 offensively last season is irrelevant. They've basically scrapped their entire coaching staff and don't have their Pro Bowl, rocket armed QB. We'll also see about their young offensive tackles this year. It's easy to block for a guy whose passes are gone nanoseconds after the snap. As well, Orton isn't going to have the luxury of falling back on an outstanding defense as he did in Chicago. As good as Cutler was, the Broncos still couldn't make it to the playoffs because their defense was horrid. Now couple that with a mediocre QB in Orton, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

I'm going officially on record right now - Denver will have the worst record in the league next year.

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm going officially on record right now - Denver will have the worst record in the league next year.

:clap: It WILL be fun to watch the Donks grope blindly in the dark.

HemiEd
05-25-2009, 05:33 PM

;)The most important piece, is gone.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 05:48 PM
:clap: It WILL be fun to watch the Donks grope blindly in the dark.

Do mean going 6-26 like the cheefs did?

just sayin'

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 05:48 PM
The most important piece, is gone.

No Ryan Clady is still in Denver....

Reaper16
05-25-2009, 05:51 PM
How the tit does Bronco Rob have positive rep?

MoreLemonPledge
05-25-2009, 05:53 PM

Hell, then the Chiefs are set because we have a quality young left tackle, too!

How did the Browns do last year? They had a pretty good young left tackle, right? And a good QB and a great WR and TE and a decent but old RB. Their defense needed a little work, but that's OK.

Face it. The Broncos of 2009 will be the Browns of 2008.

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Do mean going 6-26 like the cheefs did?

just sayin'

Worse. Just sayin'.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Hell, then the Chiefs are set because we have a quality young left tackle, too!

This defines "Quality"......

"Sprained ankle slows Chiefs rookie Albert"

it gets better............

"Chiefs T Albert suffers elbow injury against Broncos"

nice try though..........

stevieray
05-25-2009, 05:59 PM
just trollin'

we know.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Worse. Just sayin'.

worse than THIS?!?

"The Chiefs' 2008 season began with a 1-10 record, with the franchise losing 20 of 21 games over a two-year period."

;)

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 06:02 PM
worse than THIS?!?

"The Chiefs' 2008 season began with a 1-10 record, with the franchise losing 20 of 21 games over a two-year period."

;)

Do I stutter?

Worse. Just sayin' again.

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 06:03 PM

Just wait and see how Clady holds up in a running game, because that's where Denver is going to have to go when Marshall is sitting for the first eight games and Orton is shot-putting end over enders off the back of the offensive lines helmets. I mean, my dead grandmother bench presses more than Clady. How in the hell is he going to hold up against the constant power ends from all those 3-4 defenses he's going to see this next season? He's a finesse LT, and without Cutler, there ain't no more finesse in Doncoville. He better get a nice butt pad, because he is going to be landing on it a lot this next season. A lot.

Reaper16
How the tit does Bronco Rob have positive rep?
Ahh, better.

The Bronco Rob
Do I stutter?

Worse. Just sayin' again.

Well...

You do type like Mel Tillis....

ju-ju-jus-justt Saaayin'

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 06:05 PM
worse than THIS?!?

;)

Imagine the 2008 Detroit Lions with a worse offense and defense. There's the 2009 Doncos in a nutshell.

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Well...

You do type like Mel Tillis....

ju-ju-jus-justt Saaayin'

Urine idiot.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Just wait and see how Clady holds up in a running game, because that's where Denver is going to have to go when Marshall is sitting for the first eight games and Orton is shot-putting end over enders off the back of the offensive lines helmets. I mean, my dead grandmother bench presses more than Clady. How in the hell is he going to hold up against the constant power ends from all those 3-4 defenses he's going to see this next season? He's a finesse LT, and without Cutler, there ain't no more finesse in Doncoville. He better get a nice butt pad, because he is going to be landing on it a lot this next season. A lot.

Ahem...once again I inform the uninformed....from sportingnews and realscouts......

It's a new era at offensive tackle. As the longtime dominators --Walter Jones and Orlando Pace -- begin the inevitable slide because of age and injury, the young guys are stepping up and standing out. Ryan Clady, new Eagle Jason Peters, Joe Thomas and Michael Roos are blind-side protectors you'll be hearing much about the next few years. Although the young transformation is at hand, our old-school thinking won't allow us to put rookies in the top 20. They have to show us something first.

Here are the top 20 tackles, the first in a series of positional rankings by RealScouts:

1. Ryan Clady, Broncos. An extremely athletic left tackle who gave up just 1 1/2 sacks as a rookie last year, he has great feet and the ability to run block at the second level and mirror ends in pass protection.

How does that CROW taste?

just sayin'

MoreLemonPledge
05-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Ahem...once again I inform the uninformed....from sportingnews and realscouts......

It's a new era at offensive tackle. As the longtime dominators --Walter Jones and Orlando Pace -- begin the inevitable slide because of age and injury, the young guys are stepping up and standing out. Ryan Clady, new Eagle Jason Peters, Joe Thomas and Michael Roos are blind-side protectors you'll be hearing much about the next few years. Although the young transformation is at hand, our old-school thinking won't allow us to put rookies in the top 20. They have to show us something first.

Here are the top 20 tackles, the first in a series of positional rankings by RealScouts:

1. Ryan Clady, Broncos. An extremely athletic left tackle who gave up just 1 1/2 sacks as a rookie last year, he has great feet and the ability to run block at the second level and mirror ends in pass protection.

just sayin'

That's great. I'm sure Jay Cutler being mobile, running the bootleg, and having a quick release had nothing to do with him giving up so few sacks.

Reaper16
05-25-2009, 06:14 PM
What the fuck is RealScouts? Some random ass article is not crow.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 06:16 PM
What the **** is RealScouts? Some random ass article is not crow.

never heard of sporting news or realscouts eh?

You might wanna put down the kansas city star for once....

Did I mention that...

Peter King Adds : The Broncos have the best young offensive nucleus in football. Tackles Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris will both go to multiple Pro Bowls. Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal are the best receivers in tandem 26 or younger in football right now. Last year, they, and Cutler, combined to form the number two offense in football, averaging 396 yards per game.

just sayin'

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 06:17 PM
...blah, blah, blah...drivel about some Donco stiff...meaningless blather...

1. Ryan Clady, Broncos. An extremely athletic left tackle who gave up just 1 1/2 sacks as a rookie last year, he has great feet and the ability to run block at the second level and mirror ends in pass protection.[/B][/I]

just sayin'

I didn't say he wasn't without talent. I said that without Cutler, Doncos offense is going to drastically change, and will be forced to go away from what made Clady highly regarded last season. He is a finesse tackle, with very good feet in pass protection. If he's able to get to the second level, he's effective because of his athleticism, but this next season, he's going to have a lot of trouble doing so. A new offensive scheme, based on establshing the running game, does not play into the talents of the young Mr. Clady. He will struggle with the big DE's and oversized rush backers he will see all season, and I don't see him dominating the point of attack against the big DE's in the running game. And the Doncs are definitely going to have to establish the run in order to do anything next season, because Orton isn't a guy that most defensive coordinators are going to really worry about in terms of stretching the defense and/or making the precision passes in zone coverages that Cutler could make. And regardless if I think Shamahan was a paranoid meglomaniac who made some of the worse/craziest/insane calls, he could call a decent offensive game plan, especially when he had a quality quarterback. That ain't the case in Denver anymore.

stevieray
05-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Hey Oswald CobblePot....

your rep needs more cowbell...like the donkey bob

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 06:21 PM
I didn't say he wasn't without talent. I said that without Cutler, Doncos offense is going to drastically change, and will be forced to go away from what made Clady highly regarded last season. He is a finesse tackle, with very good feet in pass protection. If he's able to get to the second level, he's effective because of his athleticism, but this next season, he's going to have a lot of trouble doing so. A new offensive scheme, based on establshing the running game, does not play into the talents of the young Mr. Clady. He will struggle with the big DE's and oversized rush backers he will see all season, and I don't see him dominating the point of attack against the big DE's in the running game. And the Doncs are definitely going to have to establish the run in order to do anything next season, because Orton isn't a guy that most defensive coordinators are going to really worry about in terms of stretching the defense and/or making the precision passes in zone coverages that Cutler could make. And regardless if I think Shamahan was a paranoid meglomaniac who made some of the worse/craziest/insane calls, he could call a decent offensive game plan, especially when he had a quality quarterback. That ain't the case in Denver anymore.

*AHEM*..........

Peter King Adds : The Broncos have the best young offensive nucleus in football. Tackles Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris will both go to multiple Pro Bowls. Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal are the best receivers in tandem 26 or younger in football right now. Last year, they, and Cutler, combined to form the number two offense in football, averaging 396 yards per game.

just sayin'

Just Passin' By
05-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Imagine the 2008 Detroit Lions with a worse offense and defense. There's the 2009 Doncos in a nutshell.

Brutal schedule for the division:

6 Division games each, plus

Giants
Eagles
Redskins
Cowboys
Steelers
Browns
Ravens
Bengals

plus

S.D.: v. Mia and Ten
Den: v. N.E. and Ind
K.C.: v. Buf and Jax
Oak: v. NYJ and Hou

San Diego lucked out by getting the #1 teams, because I expect N.E. to be better than Miami and the Colts to be better than the Titans. Denver gets hosed, because the Broncos won't be able to stop either the Patriots or Colts, but I also expect the Jaguars to be improved this year, so K.C. won't have a walk in the park for their 'seeded' games. If the season were to start with the teams as is right now, I'd expect it to end up as:

S.D.
Den
K.C.
Oak

and I'd expect that only the Chargers would be able to achieve a winning record. Of course, there's still plenty of time left before the games count.

MoreLemonPledge
05-25-2009, 06:31 PM
*AHEM*..........

Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal are the best receivers in tandem 26 or younger in football right now. Last year, they, and Cutler, combined to form the number two offense in football, averaging 396 yards per game.[/B][/I]

just sayin'

AHEM

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 06:32 PM
*AHEM*..........

blah, blah, blah...more drivel...

just sayin'

No, you are not "just sayin'" anything whatsoever. You are simply cutting and pasting the same article over and over and over ad nauseum. There is no objective insights and analysis that you are providing that is yours and yours alone. I told you that the entire Denver offense is going to change because of the switch in the coaching staff and losing an accurate, big armed quarterback. That Clady was able to shine last year because of Cutler's continued experience and understanding of Shanahan's offense. It's a totally new system for all the Donco players this year and if it's anything like NE, they will look to establish the run to set up the pass. And the guy passing the ball is Orton. And the guys blocking the run are weak finesse guys like Clady. I don't think it's going to turn out well. But go right ahead and continue to quote some football website obscura stating that Clady is the best tackle in football - after one single season.

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Brutal schedule for the division:

6 Division games each, plus

Giants
Eagles
Redskins
Cowboys
Steelers
Browns
Ravens
Bengals

plus

S.D.: v. Mia and Ten
Den: v. N.E. and Ind
K.C.: v. Buf and Jax
Oak: v. NYJ and Hou

San Diego lucked out by getting the #1 teams, because I expect N.E. to be better than Miami and the Colts to be better than the Titans. Denver gets hosed, because the Broncos won't be able to stop either the Patriots or Colts, but I also expect the Jaguars to be improved this year, so K.C. won't have a walk in the park for their 'seeded' games. If the season were to start with the teams as is right now, I'd expect it to end up as:

S.D.
Den
K.C.
Oak

and I'd expect that only the Chargers would be able to achieve a winning record. Of course, there's still plenty of time left before the games count.

You are being a bit generous with your prognostication for the Doncos. Especially considering that they had the worst defense in the league last season - regardless of what the final stats say. Add to that that they lost their young Pro Bowl quarterback, a guy that most people considered to be one of the best offensive coaches in the league in Shanahan and give the reigns to a first time, really young head coach who is already under the microscope from the owner, press and fans. Also factor in what many consider to be the hardest schedule in the NFL next season, and you've got what equates to a complete and utter disaster in the making.

I don't see how they take that schedule, that defense, Kyle Orton as their qb, who knows what geriatric, cast off running back that they feature, a first year head coach who's never been a head coach before and have a better record than either KC or Oakland. Seriously.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 06:41 PM
No, you are not "just sayin'" anything whatsoever. You are simply cutting and pasting the same article over and over and over ad nauseum. There is no objective insights and analysis that you are providing that is yours and yours alone. I told you that the entire Denver offense is going to change because of the switch in the coaching staff and losing an accurate, big armed quarterback. That Clady was able to shine last year because of Cutler's continued experience and understanding of Shanahan's offense. It's a totally new system for all the Donco players this year and if it's anything like NE, they will look to establish the run to set up the pass. And the guy passing the ball is Orton. And the guys blocking the run are weak finesse guys like Clady. I don't think it's going to turn out well. But go right ahead and continue to quote some football website obscura stating that Clady is the best tackle in football - after one single season.

You do realize the 2008 Denver Broncos had the 2nd ranked offense in the entire NFL....

You do realize that the 2008 Denver Broncos went through 7 different running backs..

In fact Tatum Bell was : http://globalgrind.com/content/209242/Why-Was-Tatum-Bell-Working-In-A-Cell-Phone-Store-2-Weeks-Ago/

So yes Cutler is gone...

BUT

All 5 Starters on the offensive line are back...

Marshall, Royal, Stokely and Gaffney will be on the field.....

BTW all of which could start in KC (not that is saying much)

as far as the running backs in '09..

In a crowded field of Broncos' running backs, which runs eight deep when counting RB-FB Peyton Hillis, the only thing that seems certain is rookie Knowshon Moreno will make the roster and at least a few of his colleagues at the position will not. Third-year veteran Darius Walker, injury-prone second-year player Ryan Torain and undrafted free agent Kestahn Moore are long shots to make the team and could end up on the practice squad, but that still leaves the club with five ballcarriers. Sources say the next most likely victim of a roster paring would be LaMont Jordan, who isn't a special-teams contributor, unless head coach Josh McDaniels decides Hillis doesn't fit in his scheme. Jordan played in McDaniels' offense last season in New England and was signed early in the free-agent signing period this offseason. However, in the RB pecking order he's behind Moreno, Correll Buckhalter, J.J. Arrington and perhaps the versatile Hillis and could be used sparingly if he survives the cutdowns. The Broncos likely will keep all of their backs through training camp in case injuries sap their depth, as was the case last season

Hope that helps...

milkman
05-25-2009, 06:48 PM

I don't do smack talk.

It just ain't my thing.

So believe me when I say this isn't smack talk.

That post right there has to be the stupidest shit ever.

milkman
05-25-2009, 06:50 PM
This defines "Quality"......

"Sprained ankle slows Chiefs rookie Albert"

it gets better............

"Chiefs T Albert suffers elbow injury against Broncos"

nice try though..........

And he missed all of one and a half games, dumbass.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 06:52 PM
I don't do smack talk.

It just ain't my thing.

So you don't think that Left Tackles are important to a teams sucess?

Ask Trent Green about Willie Roaf.........

just sayin'

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 06:53 PM
And he missed all of one and a half games, dumbass.

Glorified speed-bump = alberts....

Just Passin' By
05-25-2009, 06:56 PM
You are being a bit generous with your prognostication for the Doncos. Especially considering that they had the worst defense in the league last season - regardless of what the final stats say. Add to that that they lost their young Pro Bowl quarterback, a guy that most people considered to be one of the best offensive coaches in the league in Shanahan and give the reigns to a first time, really young head coach who is already under the microscope from the owner, press and fans. Also factor in what many consider to be the hardest schedule in the NFL next season, and you've got what equates to a complete and utter disaster in the making.

I don't see how they take that schedule, that defense, Kyle Orton as their qb, who knows what geriatric, cast off running back that they feature, a first year head coach who's never been a head coach before and have a better record than either KC or Oakland. Seriously.

Because they're going to be better than you make them out to be, that's how. The defense will be better, the running game will be better and the special teams will be better. Also, despite the claims of The Bronco Rob, the Broncos weren't actually the #2 offense last season. That's just him overpimping his favorite. The Broncos were the #16 offense in the league last season, in the category that counts, which is points scored. CutlerCo couldn't get it done in the red zone, and I expect this years version of the Broncos to be more effective at finishing drives.

Also, in case you weren't following, the Broncos drafted Moreno, so it's not a "geriatric cast off" situation when it comes to running back. Denver's got the same defensive questions that the Chiefs have (stopping the run, improvement at linebacker), but the Broncos have excellent wide receivers, excellent blocking at the tight end spot, an excellent offensive line and a quarterback who's not going to force the ball into triple coverage. I figure they'll be good for somewhere between 5-8 wins, although I expect they'll be more likely to have 5 wins than 8.

milkman
05-25-2009, 06:57 PM
So you don't think that Left Tackles are important to a teams sucess?

Ask Trent Green about Willie Roaf.........

just sayin'

No, dumbass, I think that LTs are very important to a team's success.

But QB is far and away, the most important position on the field, and your dumb**** team just traded one of the best young QBs away for a freakin' weakass game manager, who isn't really all that good at managing games.

And to argue that that isn't what happened is nothing more than sheer blind homeristic dumbassey.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 06:57 PM
I don't do smack talk.

It just ain't my thing.

FROM CNN.COM.......

"Football's quiet millionaires
Left tackles don't get a lot of glory, but book by 'Moneyball' author Lewis reveals that they are among the NFL's best-paid players - for good reason"

gee I wonder why LTs make the BIG BUCKS???

here is the link.......

http://money.cnn.com/2006/10/13/commentary/sportsbiz/index.htm

feel free to get informed!

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 06:58 PM
You do realize the 2008 Denver Broncos had the 2nd ranked offense in the entire NFL....

Absolute irrelevant.

You do realize that the 2008 Denver Broncos went through 7 different running backs..

Again, irrelevant.

So yes Cutler is gone...

Very relevant.

BUT

All 5 Starters on the offensive line are back...

Relevant. Although, it's a new system, Weigmann is my age (and that ain't young by football standards), and who knows if Clady was a one year wonder because of Cutler. We'll have to wait and see.

Marshall, Royal, Stokely and Gaffney will be on the field.....

Marshall might be on the field. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts he isn't, at least for eight games, and maybe the entire season. The Commish was told by Mr. Marshall that he would never strike a woman again. But...and beating up women isn't something that the Commish is going to look favorable upon, especially a repeat offender. And it doesn't matter that they charges were dropped. He beat her up, period. And without Marshall, will Royal be able to be "the guy?" I doubt it. He's a nice #2, but doesn't have the size to be an effective #1. Stokely and Gaffney are just guys at this point. Maybe less.

as far as the running backs in '09..

...it's a clusterfuck of has beens, never will be's, less than mediocrity and one first round rookie. Good luck with that.

Hope that helps...

Not much.

Just Passin' By
05-25-2009, 06:58 PM
FROM CNN.COM.......

Left tackles don't get a lot of glory, but book by 'Moneyball' author Lewis reveals that they are among the NFL's best-paid players - for good reason"

here is the link.......

You're being an asshole.

Just sayin'

milkman
05-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Glorified speed-bump = alberts....

Brandon Albert has the same athleticism, better feet, and is a road grader as a run blocker.

With another year of experience under his belt, by the start of the 2010 season, he will be the best LT in the game, because of his combination of skills.

I was saying this before the Chiefs drafted him.

I had him pegged as a LT long before aanyone began discussing that very possibility.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 07:01 PM
You're being an asshole.

Just sayin'

By proving my point with facts and not conjecture?

Just Passin' By
05-25-2009, 07:02 PM
By proving my point with facts and not conjecture?

You're not presenting facts that prove your point.

milkman
05-25-2009, 07:02 PM
FROM CNN.COM.......

here is the link.......

Are you really this fucking stupid?

Where did I say LTs are not important?

rad
05-25-2009, 07:03 PM
I just LOL at someone hanging an argument on the toilet paper holder that is Sporting News.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 07:04 PM
You're not presenting facts that prove your point.

I guess the "quotes" and www. links backing my argument are what?!?

Do yourself a favor...

Learn to discern between Reality and perception...

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Because they're going to be better than you make them out to be, that's how. The defense will be better, the running game will be better and the special teams will be better.

How? And I'm being completely serious here. How are they going to possibly be better in those three facets of the game? Especially the defense and special teams.

And I just don't see the running game improving with Orton as qb. All that means to me is that the strong safety is going to be able to move up a couple more steps and filling the gaps.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Are you really this ****ing stupid?

Where did I say LTs are not important?

"The most important piece, is gone.

I don't do smack talk.

It just ain't my thing.

hmmmmmmmmm

WildTurkey
05-25-2009, 07:11 PM
I guess getting most of your info off of Wikipedia counts as presenting facts huh?

just sayin'

StcChief
05-25-2009, 07:12 PM
is the off season over?

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 07:13 PM
I guess getting most of your info off of Wikipedia counts as presenting facts huh?

just sayin'

cnn.com

sportingnews.com

sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/

nfl.com

yeah real fly-by-night sites there....

:shake:

Just Passin' By
How? And I'm being completely serious here. How are they going to possibly be better in those three facets of the game? Especially the defense and special teams.

And I just don't see the running game improving with Orton as qb. All that means to me is that the strong safety is going to be able to move up a couple more steps and filling the gaps.

That you even have to ask me this makes me figure you haven't been paying attention to the Broncos moves. So be it, you'll be able to find out if you were right or not once the season is over.

milkman
"

hmmmmmmmmm

And this.

Pay attention.

I know that's hard for a fucktard like you.

No, dumbass, I think that LTs are very important to a team's success.

But QB is far and away, the most important position on the field, and your dumb**** team just traded one of the best young QBs away for a freakin' weakass game manager, who isn't really all that good at managing games.

And to argue that that isn't what happened is nothing more than sheer blind homeristic dumbassey.

Just Passin' By
05-25-2009, 07:15 PM
I guess the "quotes" and www. links backing my argument are what?!?

Do yourself a favor...

Learn to discern between Reality and perception...

Tip for the day:

Quoting someone else's opinion does not equal "presenting facts". I don't have anything in particular against the Broncos, but you're on the way to changing that.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 07:17 PM
And this.

Pay attention.

I know that's hard for a ****tard like you.

When did I say QB wasn't important?

Ryan Clady is the #1 ranked LT in the NFL

Jay Cutler ain't the #1 ranked QB in the NFL....is he?

Clady is the best at his position sorry deal with it.....

so your point is.....................

milkman
05-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Here's another interesting little tidbit.

You, DonkeyBob, asked if the Chiefs have ever drafted a franchise QB, and of course the answer is n.

But the Donkeys have only drafted one franchise QB in their 49 years of existence, and they just traded him away.

And no, you didn't draft Elway.

milkman
05-25-2009, 07:21 PM
When did I say QB wasn't important?

Ryan Clady is the #1 ranked LT in the NFL

Jay Cutler ain't the #1 ranked QB in the NFL....is he?

Clady is the best at his position sorry deal with it.....

so your point is.....................

That "best at his position" is subjective, and I'll take top 10 QB over "the best" LT every day, including Sunday.

Ben Roethlisberger just won a SB with a piece of crap LT.

WildTurkey
05-25-2009, 07:21 PM
I have a fact.... lets see 30th ranked defense giving up 28 pts per game...... give away takeaway was at -17 31st in the NFL... and that's without idiots like Herm and Gunther running your team.... I don't see how the broncos addressed that this offseason unless Brian Dawkins is god

just sayin'

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Here's another interesting little tidbit.

You, DonkeyBob, asked if the Chiefs have ever drafted a franchise QB, and of course the answer is n.

But the Donkeys have only drafted one franchise QB in their 49 years of existence, and they just traded him away.

And no, you didn't draft Elway.

They why has Denver played in 8 AFC Championship games and 6 Superbowls?

and kc hasn't in 40 years?

just sayin'

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 07:25 PM
That "best at his position" is subjective, and I'll take top 10 QB over "the best" LT every day, including Sunday.

Then back to original point that you dodged....

"Lewis' new book is casting a light on what are probably the most anonymous stars on a football field - offensive left tackles. They play a position that doesn't even show up in the box score. And, like other offensive linemen, their statistics aren't even included in the fantasy football games played by millions of fans.

But this position is perhaps the most important of the five offensive lineman spots. That's because the left tackle's job is to block defenders who are coming from the side of the field that a right-handed quarterback can't see, his so called blind side.

Lewis' latest book probably won't shake up the salary structure of football the way "Moneyball" helped reshape baseball's salary structure because the market has already quietly adjusted to the left tackle's importance. But it's still surprising even some top football team officials.

Lewis discovered when researching the book that the left tackle has become one of the best paid positions on the field.

Only starting quarterbacks get a higher average salary than the starting left tackle, and on several teams, the man charged with protecting the quarterback gets more than the man he's paid to protect."

milkman
05-25-2009, 07:25 PM

just sayin'

And I'm saying that the Donkeys didn't draft Elway.

milkman
05-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Then back to original point that you dodged....

"Lewis' new book is casting a light on what are probably the most anonymous stars on a football field - offensive left tackles. They play a position that doesn't even show up in the box score. And, like other offensive linemen, their statistics aren't even included in the fantasy football games played by millions of fans.

But this position is perhaps the most important of the five offensive lineman spots. That's because the left tackle's job is to block defenders who are coming from the side of the field that a right-handed quarterback can't see, his so called blind side.

Lewis' latest book probably won't shake up the salary structure of football the way "Moneyball" helped reshape baseball's salary structure because the market has already quietly adjusted to the left tackle's importance. But it's still surprising even some top football team officials.

Lewis discovered when researching the book that the left tackle has become one of the best paid positions on the field.

Only starting quarterbacks get a higher average salary than the starting left tackle, and on several teams, the man charged with protecting the quarterback gets more than the man he's paid to protect."

You really are this fucking stupid, and that ain't even a question.

I said LT is important.

But QB is the most important position on the field.

Pay attention dumbass.

chiefzilla1501
05-25-2009, 07:28 PM
never heard of sporting news or realscouts eh?

You might wanna put down the kansas city star for once....

Did I mention that...

just sayin'

From that list past Clady....
#1 - Ryan Clady - #2 Ranked Offense
#2 - Walter Jones - #28 Ranked Offense
#3 - Jason Peters - #25 Ranked Offense
#4 - Joe Thomas - #31 Ranked Offense
#5 - Michael Roos - #21 Ranked Offense

Subjectively, the top 5 QBs:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30746741/
#1 - Peyton Manning - #15 Ranked Offense
#2 - Drew Brees - #1 Ranked Offense
#3 - Ben Roethlisberger - #22 Ranked Offense
#4 - Philip Rivers - #11 Ranked Offense
#5 - Donovan McNabb - #9 Ranked Offense
*Excluded Brady and Palmer, who didn't play enough snaps in 2008--big exclusion, given that the Pats were ranked #1 in 2007.

There you go:
-The top 5 tackles have two tackles in bottom 5 offenses and three offenses in the bottom 10
-The top 5 QBs have 4 QBs in the top 15, whereas the top 5 LTackles only have 1.
-The only top 5 LT to make the playoffs was Michael Roos in Tennessee. The only QB in the top 5 NOT to make the playoffs was Drew Brees

Strange how a position so critical to a team has so many players in that position playing for lowly ranked offenses that can't seem to win games.

I'm just saying...

StcChief
05-25-2009, 07:30 PM

*Excluded Brady and Palmer, who didn't play enough snaps in 2008--big exclusion, given that the Pats were ranked #1 in 2007.

There you go:
-The top 5 tackles have two tackles in bottom 5 offenses and three defenses in the bottom 10
-The top 5 QBs have 4 QBs in the top 15, whereas the top 5 LTackles only have 1.
-The only top 5 LT to make the playoffs was Michael Roos in Tennessee. The only QB in the top 5 NOT to make the playoffs was Drew Brees

Strange how a position so critical to a team has so many players in that position playing for lowly ranked offenses that can't seem to win games.

I'm just saying...the donx slant continues....
crush 'em like a bug.

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 07:32 PM
ROFL at Donko Droll claiming Albert isn't an Elite Tackle in the making!

What a fucking idiot.

WildTurkey
05-25-2009, 07:33 PM
maybe clady can play DT too and then you could have the number 2 defense as well

just sayin'

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 07:36 PM
maybe clady can play DT too and then you could have the number 2 defense as well

just sayin'

ROFL High Five!

milkman
05-25-2009, 07:41 PM

just sayin'

Won't work.

Clady is a finesse player.

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 07:46 PM
That you even have to ask me this makes me figure you haven't been paying attention to the Broncos moves. So be it, you'll be able to find out if you were right or not once the season is over.

I'm asking because I've seen their off-season moves, and I don't see where signing a bunch of mediocre free agent running backs and a 39 year old safety helps them. And I don't think that they drafted well other than Seth Olsen and Tom Brandstater, and neither one of those guys plays defense or special teams.

And they released Selvin Young, who actually could have helped them on specials teams, but they bring in guys like Buckholter and Arrington and Darius Walker? Six on one hand, half a dozen on the other if you ask me. And I don't see anyone on the defensive side that's new that's going to help. Dawkins was a hell of a player in his day and his longevity is amazing, but the guy is 39 years old - playing a speed need position. And Andra Davis is okay, but he's not a world beater by any stretch of the imagination, especially now that he's on the wrong side of 30. And I think that Mike Nolan is a stiff who is and has been completely overrated when it comes to coaching. It doesn't equate.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 07:47 PM

There you go:
-The top 5 tackles have two tackles in bottom 5 offenses and three offenses in the bottom 10

I'm just saying...

ohkay using that logic........

Cutler is the #12th ranked QB....

Clady #1 Ranked LT

ya follow......

WildTurkey
05-25-2009, 07:48 PM
that's true.... but maybe they could run the wildcat and have Clady behind center... than you wouldn't even need a QB.... bronco bob would like that

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 07:49 PM
that's true.... but maybe they could run the wildcat and have Clady behind center... than you wouldn't even need a QB.... bronco bob would like that

Kyle Orton would like it too I bet.

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 07:50 PM

Yep. Roaf was as good a left tackle as the league has ever seen, and he never won a Super Bowl. Ditto Anthony Munoz.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 07:51 PM

just sayin'

Or maybe The Broncos will pick up Glenn Doresy instead...

Why The Chiefs Must Trade Glenn Dorsey

Scott Pioli, like Bill Belichick, chooses his words carefully. He speaks delicately to ensure his message is not misconstrued.

Pioli had a very distinct message following this year's draft: The future of the 3-4 DL for the Chiefs lies in his first two draft picks—Tyson Jackson and Alex Magee.

Jackson will start immediately at one of the DE spots, and Tank Tyler will in all likelihood start at NT, but the other DE spot is up for grabs. The main competitors will be Magee, Glenn Dorsey, and Alphonso Boone.

Jackson, at 6'4", 296 lbs., is the ideal size for playing DE in the 3-4 and was a dominating presence at LSU.

Magee, who is 6'3", 298 lbs., was known as a great run stopper at Purdue. Magee is also very versatile, as he played both DE and DT while in college. These attributes will translate well when learning the new 3-4 DE position, where the main concern is containing OL.

Glenn Dorsey, while at LSU, had very few two-gap responsibilities. His main focus was getting to the quarterback; this is how most DTs in a 4-3 defense operate.

Dorsey was very good at getting upfield and being a disruptor. He was a force to be reckoned with while he was on the field.

These kinds of talents are coveted by defensive coaches, especially those who play a form of the Cover 2 defense, and this is exactly why the Chiefs are paying Dorsey $51 million.

Unfortunately, there is no place for a one-gap, disrupting defensive lineman in a 3-4 defense. The responsibilities for these players completely change, and Dorsey doesn't have the body for this.

Just as a reference:

Dallas DEs

Igor Olshansky: 6'6", 310 lbs.
Marcus Spears: 6'4", 305 lbs.

Pittsburgh DEs

Aaron Smith: 6'5", 300 lbs.
Brett Keisel: 6'5", 285 lbs.

New England DEs

Richard Seymour: 6'6", 310 lbs.
Ty Warren: 6'5", 300 lbs.

Glenn Dorsey: 6'1", 300 lbs.

Just doesn't look right.

Jackson and Magee fit in perfectly at 6'4" and 6'3" respectively, with both weighing in at 300 lbs. Not only this, but they were both proficient at stopping the run in college, while Dorsey didn't shoulder much of that responsibility.

Now, you know why Dorsey won't fit in a 3-4 scheme, but finding a trade partner is the hard part.

In Kansas City's defense last year, he was lined up head-up on the offensive guard and asked to try to control him, which didn't allow him to use his lightning-quick first step to try to fly into the backfield. This was much of the reason he didn't perform to expectations.

People around the league saw this bad coaching and still have a lot of faith in Dorsey's ability to be a star in this league. Reports from April were that Atlanta was offering a first and fourth for Dorsey.

The Falcons ended up selecting Peria Jerry, DT from Mississippi, who does a lot of what Dorsey does—disrupt the quarterback. Because of this, they are most likely out of the running for Dorsey.

There are several teams that would be interested, and when trade talks surfaced before the draft, these teams no doubt came out of the woodwork and showed themselves.

Tampa Bay is probably the most likely candidate, as a Cover 2 scheme relies heavily on DTs that rush the passer.

Carolina is another possibility—Julius Peppers wants out and wants to play in a 3-4. They already have a huge run-stuffing DT in Maake Kemoeatu, who is 6'5" and tips the scales at around 350 lbs., and Dorsey would compliment him nicely.

This would be a great trade for both teams, as this would fill the void in pass rushers the Chiefs have as well. Player-player trades rarely happen in the NFL, though, so I'm not getting my hopes up on this one.

The point isn't where Dorsey will go though; it's that he needs to go. He has no place in a 3-4 defense, he is eating away at the salary cap, and he may be riding the pine come Week One this year.

Pioli, before the draft, started the rumors about moving Dorsey, and after the draft started them again with his choice in draft picks.

The question in Kansas City is not if Dorsey is traded, but when.

ryan simms jr.

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 07:51 PM

just sayin'

John Elway. And Kyle Orton is no John Elway. Cutler might have been - in time, but your new coach screwed that pooch pretty good.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Yep. Roaf was as good a left tackle as the league has ever seen, and he never won a Super Bowl. Ditto Anthony Munoz.

Ask what happened to Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson & Trent Green's numbers after Roaf retired?

feel free to look it up....

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 07:53 PM
John Elway. And Kyle Orton is no John Elway. Cutler might have been - in time, but your new coach screwed that pooch pretty good.

No one is John Elway.

You can't compare anyone to the Greatest of All Time.

That's absurd...

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Or maybe The Broncos will pick up Glenn Doresy instead...

Why The Chiefs Must Trade Glenn Dorsey

The Broncos wouldn't know what to go with him. Nice re-re-re-re post by the way.

Douche.

WildTurkey
05-25-2009, 07:55 PM
what? Elway was nothing... he couldn't runblock or pass protect... what a waste....

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 07:56 PM
The Broncos wouldn't know what to go with him. Nice re-re-re-re post by the way.

Douche.

Yeah..I posted it in another thread..

Congrats MENSA!

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Yeah..I posted it in another thread..

Congrats MENSA!

If you were a Glade plug-in, your scent would be "Turd-Douche".

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 07:57 PM
what? Elway was nothing... he couldn't runblock or pass protect... what a waste....

Apparently you never watched the first decade of Elway's career...

AKA until Denver traded for Zimmerman....

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 07:58 PM
If you were a Glade plug-in, your scent would be "Turd-Douche".

Did I really just read that?

WildTurkey
05-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Bronco fans would know all about trading away good young players.... please bob enlighten us about trading Glenn Dorsey

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Bronco fans would know all about trading away good young players.... please bob enlighten us about trading Glenn Dorsey

Glenn can't play the 3-4....sorry...

as far as trading good players..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/cw84015/traded/smit.jpg

ROFL

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 08:03 PM
No one is John Elway.

You can't compare anyone to the Greatest of All Time.

That's absurd...

Weren't you the one who asked why the Doncos went to those Super Bowls? I said John Elway. (As it related to this little side conversation of what's more important - a LT or a QB.) That's also why I said that Roaf and Munoz, for as good as they were at LT, never went to the Super Bowl. However, the Super Bowl seems littered with quality quarterback appearances. Go figure.

Maybe this fresh start will revitalize Orton's career and he'll end up as the next Elway, leading the Doncs to victory in the Super Bowl.

WildTurkey
05-25-2009, 08:05 PM
yeah but ol' Neil wasn't a franchise QB.... Trading away the future of your franchise all because your coach had a hard on for Matt Cassel is far worse than letting Neil Smith go

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Weren't you the one who asked why the Doncos went to those Super Bowls? I said John Elway. (As it related to this little side conversation of what's more important - a LT or a QB.) That's also why I said that Roaf and Munoz, for as good as they were at LT, never went to the Super Bowl. However, the Super Bowl seems littered with quality quarterback appearances. Go figure.

Maybe this fresh start will revitalize Orton's career and he'll end up as the next Elway, leading the Doncs to victory in the Super Bowl.

One more time for the reading comprehensively challenged...

The genesis of this argument was that I said that the most important player is still there : Ryan Clady.

I never metioned Cutler or the QB at all....

friggin' just sayin'

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 08:08 PM

And may be monkey's will fly out of my ass.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 08:08 PM
yeah but ol' Neil wasn't a franchise QB.... Trading away the future of your franchise all because your coach had a hard on for Matt Cassel is far worse than letting Neil Smith go

Oh yeah my bad........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/tinys87gn/Football%20Cards/TRADE%20CARDS/FB%20GAME%20USED/RICHGANNON.jpg

ROFL

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 08:10 PM
One more time for the reading comprehensively challenged...

The genesis of this argument was that I said that the most important player is still there : Ryan Clady.

I never metioned Cutler or the QB at all....

friggin' just sayin'

WTF?

Am I missing something?

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Oh yeah my bad........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/tinys87gn/Football%20Cards/TRADE%20CARDS/FB%20GAME%20USED/RICHGANNON.jpg

ROFL

You'll get no argument from me; dumbest move in ALL of Carldom.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 08:11 PM

Raised On Reach Arounds you are the sole reason they need more Chlorine in the gene pool.

;)

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 08:12 PM

Perhaps if they were very, very small flying monkeys, dressed in french ticklers...

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 08:12 PM
WTF?

Am I missing something?

Yes its called a Chromosome....

WildTurkey
05-25-2009, 08:13 PM
I was all for keeping Gannon over Elvis ... but I never tried to fool myself in thinking that the Chiefs were better off without him. .... If you honestly think that Orton is an upgrade over Cutler than you will be disappointed

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 08:13 PM
You'll get no argument from me; dumbest move in ALL of Carldom.

I thought his 5 year eeeeeerrrr 20 year plan was?

;)

Just Passin' By
05-25-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm asking because I've seen their off-season moves, and I don't see where signing a bunch of mediocre free agent running backs and a 39 year old safety helps them. And I don't think that they drafted well other than Seth Olsen and Tom Brandstater, and neither one of those guys plays defense or special teams.

And they released Selvin Young, who actually could have helped them on specials teams, but they bring in guys like Buckholter and Arrington and Darius Walker? Six on one hand, half a dozen on the other if you ask me. And I don't see anyone on the defensive side that's new that's going to help. Dawkins was a hell of a player in his day and his longevity is amazing, but the guy is 39 years old - playing a speed need position. And Andra Davis is okay, but he's not a world beater by any stretch of the imagination, especially now that he's on the wrong side of 30. And I think that Mike Nolan is a stiff who is and has been completely overrated when it comes to coaching. It doesn't equate.

1.) Dawkins isn't 39, and he was a Pro Bowler last year.

2.) Bly was killing that team last year. They've upgraded the defensive backfield at both safety and corner.

3.) They also signed Renaldo Hill and drafted Alphonso Smith, so they've (theoretically) upgraded both the starters and the depth of the secondary.

4.) They brought in Arrington to serve as a 3rd down back, added Jordan and Buckhalter and then drafted Moreno. The running game should be improved, although one of the new signees may end up getting cut before the season begins since Moreno is now in the picture.

5.) They brought in Andra Davis to help with the switch to a 3-4. Like the Chiefs, they needed a veteran to help with the transition, and he'll fit the bill nicely. Like the Chiefs, the Broncos will take this year to evaluate players and will still have a lot of work to do on defense, but both teams have begun the process of rebuilding bad squads.

6.) Orton's not exactly Tom Brady, but he's clearly a player getting better. His first year in the league was a disaster for him, but he was playing well last year before he got hurt.

By the way, comparing the schedules, there's only 2 games that aren't identical to the Chiefs. So, if you're talking tough schedules, it's not as if K.C. is going to be just cruising to 14 wins. I expect the Broncos to lose both 'seed' games, but I figure the Chiefs will struggle with both Jacksonville and Buffalo.

Raised On Riots
Raised On Reach Arounds you are the sole reason they need more Chlorine in the gene pool.

;)

Listen up, Donko Knob-Gobbler; when I want to hear from you, I'll tell Elway to remove his dick from your mouth.

The Bronco Rob
I was all for keeping Gannon over Elvis ... but I never tried to fool myself in thinking that the Chiefs were better off without him. .... If you honestly think that Orton is an upgrade over Cutler than you will be disappointed

Uh...a 25 year old cannon armed pro bowl QB...

Yeah..riiight...

DaFace
05-25-2009, 08:15 PM
This guy is what I would envision ROR is like to Broncos fans, but perhaps less informed and more obnoxious. I didn't realize it was possible.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Listen up, Donko Knob-Gobbler; when I want to hear from you, I'll tell Elway to remove his Superbowl rings from my ears...

;)

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 08:17 PM
This guy is what I would envision ROR is like to Broncos fans, but perhaps less informed and more obnoxious. I didn't realize it was possible.

As a rule, I don't troll with the trash on a regular basis. Oh wait!

Spott
05-25-2009, 08:18 PM

He's just here to talk smack and get attention like any other troll.

WildTurkey
05-25-2009, 08:18 PM
well yeah I mean its not like I would rather have Orton over Cutler that would be terrible right Bob? who wants a young cannon armed QB anyways huh

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 08:19 PM
;)

Elway is constantly too drunk to perform such an act.

DaFace
05-25-2009, 08:19 PM
As a rule, I don't troll with the trash on a regular basis. Oh wait!

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying that he strikes me as what you would be like if you really went on a roll on the Orange Mane or something.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 08:20 PM

That's why GOD made the "IGNORE" option...

feel free to use it..

DaFace
05-25-2009, 08:20 PM

Oh, I know. It's just not near as entertaining in the middle of the offseason when neither team will do anything notable this year.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 08:21 PM
well yeah I mean its not like I would rather have Orton over Cutler that would be terrible right Bob? who wants a young cannon armed QB anyways huh

Ask Bus Cook...

DaFace
05-25-2009, 08:21 PM

feel free to use it..

Hey...that gives me an idea... :evil:

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Oh, I know. It's just not near as entertaining in the middle of the offseason when neither team will do anything notable this year.

Hey hey hey...

The Broncos were one game away from a divsion title and a trip to the playoffs..

They didn't go 6-26 like the kansas city cheefs did...

just sayin'

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I know. I'm just saying that he strikes me as what you would be like if you really went on a roll on the Orange Mane or something.

Why bother? They won't even fight back. Cutler was the straw that broke the Donko fan's pride.

Now they've been reduced to the likes of Donko Rob.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 08:23 PM

Beginner's luck

Just Passin' By
05-25-2009, 08:25 PM

Indeed, some things are.....

universal.

WildTurkey
05-25-2009, 08:26 PM
one game away huh... might have helped not to lose to the chiefs huh?

just sayin'

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 08:27 PM
one game away huh... might have helped not to lose to the chiefs huh?

just sayin'

Niiiice. ;)

Spott
05-25-2009, 08:27 PM

feel free to use it..

Feel free to go to the Bronco's board, dumbass.

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 08:30 PM
1.) Dawkins isn't 39, and he was a Pro Bowler last year.

He'll be 36 during this next season. It's still pretty old for a defensive back in the NFL. (And Weigmann went to his first Pro Bowl last year, which was a shame as I felt he should have went multiple times while with the Chiefs, but he's not getting any younger either.)

2.) Bly was killing that team last year. They've upgraded the defensive backfield at both safety and corner.

Bly is one of those "Pro Bowl" guys as well.

3.) They also signed Renaldo Hill and drafted Alphonso Smith, so they've (theoretically) upgraded both the starters and the depth of the secondary.

I don't know how much a Hill is as an upgrade at safety, especially teamed with Dawkins. That's two guys over the NFL's age Mendoza line. And Smith is a rookie, and a short one too boot. I like him, but it's going to be a learning curve before he really can contribute to anything other than special teams.

4.) They brought in Arrington to serve as a 3rd down back, added Jordan and Buckhalter and then drafted Moreno. The running game should be improved, although one of the new signees may end up getting cut before the season begins since Moreno is now in the picture.

The problem is, the Doncs have been doing this forever it seems. 58 running backs, including one rookie, go through all of them, cut the rookie at the end of the year, draft a new one, rehash the whole thing over again. And it hasn't worked out since Alex Gibbs left. And I'm not as enthralled with Moreno as some others. I think he benefitted a lot from having Stafford at the QB in the college level. I just don't seem him being a game breaker in the NFL. Solid perhaps, but not spectacular.

5.) They brought in Andra Davis to help with the switch to a 3-4. Like the Chiefs, they needed a veteran to help with the transition, and he'll fit the bill nicely. Like the Chiefs, the Broncos will take this year to evaluate players and will still have a lot of work to do on defense, but both teams have begun the process of rebuilding bad squads.

And that was a good move. Probably better than the Chiefs since Vrabel hasn't shown up yet, or hadn't the last I checked. Not much help if you aren't there.

6.) Orton's not exactly Tom Brady, but he's clearly a player getting better. His first year in the league was a disaster for him, but he was playing well last year before he got hurt.

The problem I have with Orton to the Doncs is that with the Bears and that defense, a quarterback can take some chances that he might not with a lesser defense. He's going to have to be extra careful in making sure that he doesn't put the Denver defense back on the field sooner than they should be, and when a quarterback plays tight, it hurts their performance. I don't know...I just don't see this working out.

By the way, comparing the schedules, there's only 2 games that aren't identical to the Chiefs. So, if you're talking tough schedules, it's not as if K.C. is going to be just cruising to 14 wins. I expect the Broncos to lose both 'seed' games, but I figure the Chiefs will struggle with both Jacksonville and Buffalo.

Oh, I agree. The schedules are brutal. But I'd take Jacksonville and Buffalo over Indy and NE anyday. Hell, by the time the Chiefs play the Bills, Owens should have that team in complete and utter disarray. Easy win.

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 08:34 PM

I know...I'm sitting here reading this stuff in bewildered amazement. I was going to get shit faced tonight, but after going through Bob's stuff, I feel like I took an entire sheet of blotter.

Maybe we should stopped hammering on Bob just so he sticks around for a bit and lets RoR have a brief moment of internets superiority.

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Hey hey hey...

The Broncos were one game away from a divsion title and a trip to the playoffs..

With four games left on the schedule might I add...*choke*