PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Are Dems in an ethics freefall?

HonestChieffan
05-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Murtha's on the hot seat, Pelosi is setting her hair on fire showing she is either an idiot or just incompetent, Rangle's supposed to be up before Senate Ethics Committee and the list of issues within the dems keeps on growing.

Makes you wonder, when will they start to look at how rotten some of these people are and take action to clean their own house.

jiveturkey
05-25-2009, 11:25 AM
It seems to be the side effect to being in power.

PunkinDrublic
05-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Republicans will continue to be in a losing freefall if they can't divorce themselves from extremists. The chairman of your party stepandfetchit Steele backed down to Limbaugh like a little bitch.

SBK
05-25-2009, 11:37 AM
The blind dilusions in this forum are comedy gold.
Posted via Mobile Device

banyon
05-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Those people were pretty s****y before Obama was in office. I didn't expect them to change, and it's why I've advocated a leadership change since the start.

HonestChieffan
05-25-2009, 12:40 PM
since the start of what?

BucEyedPea
05-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Republicans will continue to be in a losing freefall if they can't divorce themselves from extremists. The chairman of your party stepandfetchit Steele backed down to Limbaugh like a little bitch.

Depends on the extremists. Some of them are saner and wiser than the mainstreamers.

banyon
05-25-2009, 05:48 PM
since the start of what?

The Obama Administration, obviously.

Though my request for different Congressional leadership probably dates back to Pelosi taking power.

StcChief
05-25-2009, 08:03 PM
1972 Roe vs. Wade.... ethics and morals went out the door.

***SPRAYER
05-26-2009, 06:18 AM
Murtha's on the hot seat, Pelosi is setting her hair on fire showing she is either an idiot or just incompetent, Rangle's supposed to be up before Senate Ethics Committee and the list of issues within the dems keeps on growing.

Doesn't matter. The idiots in their gerry mandered districts that keep voting for them will continue to keep voting for them.

Comanche
05-26-2009, 08:21 AM

Makes you wonder, when will they start to look at how rotten some of these people are and take action to clean their own house.

ETHICS? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING ETHICS!!!!!!!!
- LIB DEMS

JohnnyV13
05-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Depends on the extremists. Some of them are saner and wiser than the mainstreamers.

Then we have the extremists who wear tin foil hats and shout, "Beam me up!" into soup strainers...like Ron Paul.

bango
05-26-2009, 09:11 PM

Maybe all of the crazy people are really not crazy, and maybe all of the normal people are crazy.

Saul Good
05-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Maybe all of the crazy people are really not crazy, and maybe all of the normal people are crazy.

What if C-A-T really spelled dog?

bango
05-26-2009, 09:26 PM
What if C-A-T really spelled dog?

See, this guy gets it.

JohnnyV13
05-26-2009, 11:42 PM
It is not possible for politicians to suffer from an ethical "freefall". Politicians do not have any ethics to begin with.

alanm
05-26-2009, 11:49 PM
It is not possible for politicians to suffer from an ethical "freefall". Politicians do not have any ethics to begin with.It stems from the fact that about 98% of them are lawyers.

banyon
05-27-2009, 12:42 AM
It stems from the fact that about 98% of them are lawyers.

That's not accurate. And the percentage hasn't changed much since the founding.

http://www.usconstitution.net/declarsigndata.html

JohnnyV13
05-27-2009, 05:58 AM
It stems from the fact that about 98% of them are lawyers.

98% of politicians are not Chiefs fans either. Does that mean politicians are not ethical because they are not Cheifs fans?

HonestChieffan
05-27-2009, 06:34 AM
98% of politicians are not Chiefs fans either. Does that mean politicians are not ethical because they are not Cheifs fans?

Nope. There are lawyers. There are Chiefs fans. There are lawyers who are Chiefs fans. But all Chiefs fans are not unethical.

Set Theory is great fun.

JohnnyV13
05-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Nope. There are lawyers. There are Chiefs fans. There are lawyers who are Chiefs fans. But all Chiefs fans are not unethical.

Set Theory is great fun.

I don't think I'll understand until you draw a Venn diagram

patteeu
05-27-2009, 07:01 AM

Any black man who calls himself a Republican can't be a real black man, right?

PunkinDrublic
05-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Any black man who calls himself a Republican can't be a real black man, right?

Uhh no. As batshit crazy as Alan Keyes is, I've never seen him back down off of anything he's ever said. Steele is the product of obvious tokenism and quickly backed down after offending his housemaster.