PDA

View Full Version : MU Congrats to the University of Missouri

Stanley Nickels
05-25-2009, 04:14 PM
The only team in the history of the Big 12 to play for the conference championship in baseball, basketball and football in the same year (winning one).

Not to mention conference soccer and softball championships in the same year, and third in wrestling and gymnastics.

Baseball is a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament. Softball is a series or two from winning a national championship, too.

Now, I saw the Kansas thread, and don't mean to flame (hence, why I gave this its own thread), but I'd say you can't argue that's a pretty damn impressive year.

You can be a basketball school. You can be a football school. Or, if you're Missouri, you can be a basketball/football/baseball/wrestling/softball/soccer/gymnastics/etc. school.

The Bronco Rob
05-25-2009, 04:15 PM
Free State > Slave State

just sayin'

luv
05-25-2009, 04:16 PM
I think their softball team is one win away from being in the college softball world series.

Mizzou_8541
05-25-2009, 04:18 PM
I think their softball team is one win away from being in the college softball world series.

No, they are in the college world series. Beat UCLA 2 out of 3 games to advance.

Reaper16
05-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Free State > Slave State
As it turns out, those designations were eliminated with the passing of the Thirteenth Amendment.

MoreLemonPledge
M-I-Z

Reaper16
Oh, and congrats to Mizzou athletics for a great year. :clap:

luv
05-25-2009, 04:20 PM
No, they are in the college world series. Beat UCLA 2 out of 3 games to advance.

Cool. Last time I saw, they won the first game, but were down 5-0 in the second game.

Mizzou_8541
05-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Cool. Last time I saw, they won the first game, but were down 5-0 in the second game.

Won the last game 9-1...mercy rule finish

Tactical Funky
05-25-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm a KU fan, but I'll give credit where credit is due. Congrats to Mizzou on an impressive athletics season. :)

/runs to bathroom to vomit

Dottefan
05-25-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm a KU fan, but I'll give credit where credit is due. Congrats to Mizzou on an impressive athletics season. :)

/runs to bathroom to vomit

I second that..now win a National Title...ohh wait that wont happen. because your MU..lol..( I was going to be nice..I really really wanted to be nice and not take a cheep shot..but I had to , I cant help it..its like a fat kid with cake......damn)ROFL

Spott
05-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Free State > Slave State

just sayin'

58>0

Just saying.

Ari Chi3fs
05-25-2009, 05:07 PM
M-I-Z

B-O-O

kstater
05-25-2009, 05:08 PM
The 2 seed looks good, but there are 16 1 seeds.

luv
05-25-2009, 05:09 PM
I second that..now win a National Title...ohh wait that wont happen. because your MU..lol..( I was going to be nice..I really really wanted to be nice and not take a cheep shot..but I had to , I cant help it..its like a fat kid with cake......damn)ROFL

Did you make it past sixth grade spelling and grammar?

Spott

As if being a Chiefs fan makes you less of a loser.

Dr. Facebook Fever
MU still has sports?

(going back to my happy little Jayhawks-world-revolving-around-my-team-logo world)

(and it was joke tiggers, relax)

Dottefan
B-O-O

Yes brother preach...preach..ROFL

Dottefan
05-25-2009, 05:11 PM
As if being a Chiefs fan makes you less of a loser.

I love my chiefs... I love my Jayhawks... and I love to hate MU...Its just the little pleasures in life that mean so much

luv
05-25-2009, 05:13 PM
Yes brother preach...preach..ROFL

Some people are too easily amused.

Dottefan
05-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Some people are too easily amused.

I agree, give a MU fan a piece of string...and they can have fun for days.

Der Flöprer
05-25-2009, 05:16 PM

That Kansas education reads throughout this entire post. Congratulations on a job well done!!!

luv
05-25-2009, 05:17 PM

Oooohhh. You're so clever.

Spott
05-25-2009, 05:18 PM

Or start a thread about Missouri, and see how long it takes for some obnoxious beaker to act like a douchebag because they can't stand to not always be the center of attention.

Dottefan
05-25-2009, 05:20 PM
That Kansas education reads throughout this entire post. Congratulations on a job well done!!!

sorry there grammar police..I guess I will have to clean that up when I start on my paper for my masters class tonight( yes I am currently going to school for my masters)...thanks for being there for me...because stupid old me, didn't realise I could be laxed on my spelling and grammar...ON A FREAKING SPORTS SITE..A SPORTS SITE...DANG IT, THEIR GOES MY CHANCE AT BEING A RHODE SCHOLAR..ONCE THEY SEE THIS POST.

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Free State > Slave State

just sayin'

Used douchebag in a time capsule > You.

luv
05-25-2009, 05:22 PM
sorry there grammar police..I guess I will have to clean that up when I start on my paper for my masters class tonight( yes I am currently going to school for my masters)...thanks for being there for me...because stupid old me, didn't realise I could be laxed on my spelling and grammar...ON A FREAKING SPORTS SITE..A SPORTS SITE...DANG IT, THEIR GOES MY CHANCE AT BEING A RHODE SCHOLAR..ONCE THEY SEE THIS POST.

Please tell me you didn't try to be grammatically correct on this post, either.

Spott

Apparently your degree isn't in English.

kstater
It's realize not realise. You don't need the "ed" on the end of lax. It's there not their.

Dottefan
05-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Or start a thread about Missouri, and see how long it takes for some obnoxious beaker to act like a douchebag because they can't stand to not always be the center of attention.

:clap:good one.. no really, that was a great comeback. I mean, I thought that for a second there I was going to be insulted. But coming from a MU fan, I take that as a great compliment.:clap:

Dottefan
05-25-2009, 05:24 PM
It's realize not realise. You don't need the "ed" on the end of lax. It's there not their.

no I did it on purpose so you could bust a nut finding it..and it worked..Good job their grammar cops..now I did a little bit of grammar error on this as whell lest see if you can find it.ROFL

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 05:24 PM

The KU Learning Facilitator rides again!

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/KULEARNINGTOOL-1.jpg

luv
05-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Apparently your degree isn't in English.

I'll admit, I think computers have made people dumber in this regard. They don't have to try, because they can rely on spell/grammar check. And it's starting at an earlier age.

MoreLemonPledge
Any time you write or type something, if you know how to do it correctly you will. It's more difficult for me to type incorrectly, no matter how "lax" I'm being. Even on a sports message board.

Dr. Facebook Fever

You spelled realize wrong.

Spott
05-25-2009, 05:26 PM
:clap:good one.. no really, that was a great comeback. I mean, I thought that for a second there I was going to be insulted. But coming from a MU fan, I take that as a great compliment.:clap:

It's funny that I mentioned someone being a douchebag but you stepped right up and took the credit for it even though I never said I was referring to you.

luv

So, you actually thought your string comment was good? Pot, meet kettle.

Spott
You spelled realize wrong.

And Rhodes Scholar.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-25-2009, 05:27 PM
And Rhodes Scholar.

and lax

Dottefan
05-25-2009, 05:27 PM
ok MU fans I had my fun with you...Now on a serious note. I am glad that you are getting better ..it makes the rivalry that much better. I look forward to some very good games coming up this next season, and hope you guys have a good year.( of course excluding anything that would exceed my Jayhawks success)

Reaper16
05-25-2009, 05:29 PM
He even managed to misspell his username. I know that "thread-ruining cockbag" has a lot of letters, but spelling it "Dottefan" is just an egregious error.

Dr. Facebook Fever
and lax

and he used the wrong their/there

Dottefan
And Rhodes Scholar.

Yes I know.. I do this on purpose, because I love to see people get all excited over grammar errors...instead of addressing the issue.. I love to find out who thinks they are so much smarter then the rest of us, becuase they were able to see who spelled what wrong. its my little bit of fun

MoreLemonPledge
05-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Poor guy got ripped apart. ROFL

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Yes I know.. I do this on purpose, because I love to see people get all excited over grammar errors...instead of addressing the issue.. I love to find out who thinks they are so much smarter then the rest of us, becuase they were able to see who spelled what wrong. its my little bit of fun

It's much more fun to pick on your for it while you think we're being serious.

Reaper16
05-25-2009, 05:32 PM
The issue? The issue in this thread was a simple congratulations. And the message was made separate from the thread that was congratulating Kansas schools for their baseball success so as not to have the message perceived as an attack against those schools. You're the one that decided to be a complete fuckface.

kstater
05-25-2009, 05:33 PM

I'm currently dating Halle Berry.

Dottefan
05-25-2009, 05:33 PM
It's much more fun to pick on your for it while you think we're being serious.

lol........really, I am not one of those guys that takes the internet that serious. If you noticed, I never said anything that harsh, I was having fun with it also. ITs the net, I know that what ever I post can be used against me..lol..no hard feelings on my end.

Dottefan
05-25-2009, 05:35 PM
The issue? The issue in this thread was a simple congratulations. And the message was made separate from the thread that was congratulating Kansas schools for their baseball success so as not to have the message perceived as an attack against those schools. You're the one that decided to be a complete ****face.

NO friend. You`re taking this way to serious, I was having fun going at my rival. Thats what being a sports fan is all about. You should chill and not take the net so serious bro. If you check my post, it clearly says I was just having fun, and I hope MU has a succesfull season.

luv

Uh-huh. Whatever you say there, sparky.

Dr. Facebook Fever
lol........really, I am not one of those guys that takes the internet that serious. If you noticed, I never said anything that harsh, I was having fun with it also. ITs the net, I know that what ever I post can be used against me..lol..no hard feelings on my end.

I'm just glad you decided to be the prick so my little kitty dig was completely lost on everyone. Thanks dude.

Dottefan
I'm currently dating Halle Berry.

I wish I was..lol

luv
05-25-2009, 05:37 PM
NO friend. You`re taking this way to serious, I was having fun going at my rival. Thats what being a sports fan is all about. You should chill and not take the net so serious bro. If you check my post, it clearly says I was just having fun, and I hope MU has a succesfull season.

You almost did it that time.

Dottefan
05-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Uh-huh. Whatever you say there, sparky.

Hey you fell for it..lol..you jumped on the grammar and not on my remarks..so it worked...

Reaper16
05-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Alright, I'm gonna' cut you some slack since you haven't been here that long. The thing is that nearly every time MU or KU sports comes up, for any reason, petty squabbling, much like the kind that you initiated, starts up from both sides and doesn't end. It gets really, really tiring sometimes hearing the same old, unfunny jokes and disses. This thread was an honest attempt at being a thread that was simple in its message and above the usual bullshit that goes on all of the time.

luv
Hey you fell for it..lol..you jumped on the grammar and not on my remarks..so it worked...

I think I'm going to go sit in the corner and cry.

Dottefan

ROFLGot you again..this is so much fun, your like my doggy. I act like I am going to throw him the ball..and he runs for about 2 or 4 steps and then realise that I didnt throw the ball...now, I made some errors on this one just for you..can you find them?:clap::clap:

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-25-2009, 05:40 PM

You probably didn't realize you came into a place where kitty fans are hell bent on believing all KU fans are insufferable ass fissures. They aren't bad people they just hate us all with a blind passion when this subject comes up and a few are pretty sensitive so jokes don't go over well.

I'm being a Jayhawk breathren here dude and trying to take some of the heat off of you since you might not have known. I'll take one for the team... but watch yourself in the future now that you've been warned.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-25-2009, 05:40 PM

ROFL

luv
05-25-2009, 05:41 PM
ROFLGot you again..this is so much fun, your like my doggy. I act like I am going to throw him the ball..and he runs for about 2 or 4 steps and then realise that I didnt throw the ball...now, I made some errors on this one just for you..can you find them?:clap::clap:

I love the new defensive you're taking. It's so cute.

"Heh heh. I meant to do that. I'm rubber and you're glue."

MoreLemonPledge
05-25-2009, 05:42 PM
http://jenden.us/storage/JD/img/must_not_feed_the_troll.jpg

Dottefan
Alright, I'm gonna' cut you some slack since you haven't been here that long. The thing is that nearly every time MU or KU sports comes up, for any reason, petty squabbling, much like the kind that you initiated, starts up from both sides and doesn't end. It gets really, really tiring sometimes hearing the same old, unfunny jokes and disses. This thread was an honest attempt at being a thread that was simple in its message and above the usual bullshit that goes on all of the time.

Ok, I can see where you are coming from. I was just having some fun. I truely do hope that MU has a good year, it really makes the KU MU rivalry much better. ITs the best rivalry in the nation, and with both teams getting so much better at football, and MU about to take the next level in basketball, I think we are about to get the shine that we deserve. I love talking smack with MU fans, and if I came off as an Ass sorry..

kstater
1. Makes ass out of one's self? Check
2. Pretends he was just messing with the board? Check
3. Goes full retard?
4. Outed as sex offender/closet homo?

Dottefan
05-25-2009, 05:43 PM
I love the new defensive you're taking. It's so cute.

"Heh heh. I meant to do that. I'm rubber and you're glue."

lol..man come on now, you were suppose to point out my errors..lol. That was a nice comeback though.

luv
05-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Ok, I can see where you are coming from. I was just having some fun. I truely do hope that MU has a good year, it really makes the KU MU rivalry much better. ITs the best rivalry in the nation, and with both teams getting so much better at football, and MU about to take the next level in basketball, I think we are about to get the shine that we deserve. I love talking smack with MU fans, and if I came off as an Ass sorry..

It's alright. We know you can't help yourself.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-25-2009, 05:44 PM

At least he capitalized ass.

Dottefan
1. Makes ass out of one's self? Check
2. Pretends he was just messing with the board? Check
3. Goes full retard?
4. Outed as sex offender/closet homo?

wow somebody is really upset.sorry there bud. I will try not to offend such a awsome person as yourself next time ..my bad

Reaper16
As you'll see, there will be ample opportunity on this board for laying smack on MU, and for MU fans to counter, etc. During the seasons, everyone is amped up to trade blows. In this kind of thread, though, it feels like pissing in our Cheerios.

Dottefan
05-25-2009, 05:45 PM

thanks..lol

luv
05-25-2009, 05:45 PM
lol..WOMAN come on now, you were suppose to point out my errors..lol. That was a nice comeback though.

I will make one correction.

What is it with new guys thinking a dude would have the username "luv". You're the second one this weekend.

luv
05-25-2009, 05:46 PM
got you..ROFL

Dude, just stop. Seriously. It's getting sad.

Dottefan
05-25-2009, 05:48 PM
http://jenden.us/storage/JD/img/must_not_feed_the_troll.jpg

funny..ROFL

Dottefan
05-25-2009, 05:50 PM
I will make one correction.

What is it with new guys thinking a dude would have the username "luv". You're the second one this weekend.

Damn , I was going to ask you out too. ROFL

KCUnited
05-25-2009, 05:52 PM
KU wants nothing to do with the dot, trust me.

Dottefan
05-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Dude, just stop. Seriously. It's getting sad.

Ok, but I do post with grammars errors for that reason. I do this on any new site I come on, just to find out who are the little whiny bastards ...just kidding...about the whiney bastards part..

Ultra Peanut
05-25-2009, 06:15 PM
"Yeah, Mizzou." - Some Mizzou football player, NCAA 2003 (?) intro, 2002

|Zach|
05-25-2009, 06:20 PM
Ok, but I do post with grammars errors for that reason. I do this on any new site I come on, just to find out who are the little whiny bastards ...just kidding...about the whiney bastards part..

Ok.

Ebolapox
05-25-2009, 06:59 PM
OMG OMG EYE HAS U ON A PROVERBEEL STREENG! YUO BEELEVE ME, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

StcChief
05-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Naismith invented basketball everything else is irrelevant /KU fan

KChiefs1
05-25-2009, 07:05 PM
It has been one fantastic sports year for Mizzou athletic programs.

Raised On Riots
05-25-2009, 07:07 PM
It has been one fantastic sports year for Mizzou athletic programs.

Yep.

KcMizzou
05-25-2009, 07:15 PM
It has been one fantastic sports year for Mizzou athletic programs.Absolutely. It's been a lot of fun.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Naismith invented basketball everything else is irrelevant /KU fan

See I knew you guys were capable of getting it.

:D

Ultra Peanut
05-25-2009, 08:58 PM
OMG OMG EYE HAS U ON A PROVERBEEL STREENG! YUO BEELEVE ME, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOOOOOCCCCCCKKKKKK

KChiefs1
05-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Won the last game 9-1...mercy rule finish

that was against UCLA too which is the equivalent to UCLA, Kentucky & North Carolina in college basketball.

Braincase
05-25-2009, 09:29 PM
The only team in the history of the Big 12 to play for the conference championship in baseball, basketball and football in the same year (winning one).

Credit where credit is due. Good year, Mizzou fans.

Reaper16
05-25-2009, 09:49 PM
that was against UCLA too which is the equivalent to UCLA, Kentucky & North Carolina in college basketball.
i c wut u did ther

KcMizzou
05-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Credit where credit is due. Good year, Mizzou fans.Thank you, sir.

Braincase
05-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Thank you, sir.

No problem. I'm an asshole, but not as much of an asshole some believe me to be.

buddha
05-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Great job, Tigers. Once again, this has nothing to do with KU or any other school...

Rudy lost the toss
05-26-2009, 12:49 AM
3rd out of 5 teams for wrestling. Move along

Priest31kc
05-26-2009, 12:59 AM
Yep congrats Mizzou, been an awesome year.

kepp
05-26-2009, 09:14 AM

Give the kid a break. It's difficult to use a dictionary when you have to sit on it to type.

ChiTown
05-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Give the kid a break. It's difficult to use a dictionary when you have to sit on it to type.

ROFL - That was quality smaque.

CoMoChief
05-26-2009, 09:37 AM

Not to mention conference soccer and softball championships in the same year, and third in wrestling and gymnastics.

Baseball is a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament. Softball is a series or two from winning a national championship, too.

Now, I saw the Kansas thread, and don't mean to flame (hence, why I gave this its own thread), but I'd say you can't argue that's a pretty damn impressive year.

You can be a basketball school. You can be a football school. Or, if you're Missouri, you can be a basketball/football/baseball/wrestling/softball/soccer/gymnastics/etc. school.

:rolleyes: No one cares about the sports listed above in bold, especially if they're women's sports.

They're pretty consistant as of late in baseball.

Football they bit off more than they could chew.

Basketball they didn't win conference, they won the conf championship tourney in the post-season.

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 09:57 AM

That was awesome. Oh so awesome. Rep.

KChiefs1
05-27-2009, 11:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4156925

Women's College World Series
OKLAHOMA CITY

Thursday, May 28
12 p.m.: No. 6 Georgia vs. No. 3 Washington (ESPNHD, ESPN360.com)
2 p.m.: No. 10 Arizona State vs. Missouri (ESPNHD, ESPN360.com)
6 p.m.: No. 5 Michigan vs. No. 4 Alabama (ESPNHD, ESPN360.com)
8 p.m.: No. 9 Arizona vs. No. 1 Florida (ESPNHD, ESPN360.com)

Breakdown of the 8 teams:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/columns/story?id=4208254

|Zach|
05-28-2009, 12:10 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T7PwLu0wlW8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T7PwLu0wlW8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

CoMoChief
05-28-2009, 12:12 PM

OKLAHOMA CITY

Thursday, May 28

Whoooooooooooooooooo cares about women's sports? Seriously.

Reaper16
05-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Sasha Kaun.

Al Czervik
05-28-2009, 01:27 PM

KSU........

And congrats to MU for a great year!!!

Pitt Gorilla
05-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Whoooooooooooooooooo cares about women's sports? Seriously.Guys who like girls. Perhaps you should check out a volleyball match sometime, unless you're one of those KU guys who plays for the other team (NTTIAWWT).

Raised On Riots
05-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Sasha Kaun.

Chaka Kahn?

Chaka Kahn-Chaka Kahn?

CoMoChief
05-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Guys who like girls. Perhaps you should check out a volleyball match sometime, unless you're one of those KU guys who plays for the other team (NTTIAWWT).

If I wanna look at some tail i'll just go to a club or something, not waste my time watching a god damn volleyball game.

The shorts can be nice depending on the girl. I'm not one to go after the amazon women who play the net. But I prefer getting a chick naked.

CoMoChief
05-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Sasha Kaun.

I bet Kaun's out there somewhere missing a layup.

Brock
05-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Guys who like girls. Perhaps you should check out a volleyball match sometime, unless you're one of those KU guys who plays for the other team (NTTIAWWT).

So admittedly, it's not really about the sport for you.

Pitt Gorilla
05-28-2009, 04:51 PM
So admittedly, it's not really about the sport for you.Eh, it's both for me. Admittedly, it started out for the women, but I've become a fan. Of course, I also married one of those girls (a collegiate volleyball player), so she keeps me going to the games.

DaKCMan AP
05-28-2009, 09:12 PM

OKLAHOMA CITY

Thursday, May 28

It's Florida's Championship to lose. Been ranked #1 for 10 straight weeks.

KChiefs1
05-28-2009, 10:15 PM
I think everyone expects Florida to win the WCWS.