PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Interesting American Idol develpment.

Frankie
05-25-2009, 06:54 PM
But not very surprising:

http://tv.yahoo.com/contributor/2461071/news/urn:newsml:tv.tvguide.com:20090525:1006316__ER:1

http://hotcelebs.today.com/files/2009/03/adam-lambert.jpg

Could Adam Lambert Become Queen's New Front Man?
By Adam Bryant Mon May 25, 7:52 AM PDT

If you thought Adam Lambert looked like a natural fit with iconic rockers Queen during American Idol's finale, you weren't the only one.

Hours after it was announced that Lambert was Season 8's runner-up last week, widespread speculation began circulating that the 26-year-old singer had been offered a job as Queen's new front man. While that's not true yet, guitarist Brian May isn't ruling out the possibility.

"Amongst all that furor, there wasn't really a quiet moment to talk. But [drummer Roger Taylor] and I are definitely hoping to have a meaningful conversation with him at some point," May told Rolling Stone. "It's not like we, as Queen, would rush into coalescing with another singer just like that. It isn't that easy. But I'd certainly like to work with Adam. That is one amazing instrument he has there."

Queen recently ended a four-year relationship with Paul Rodgers, who was handling the vocal duties for the band.

Lambert auditioned for Idol with Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" and instantly became a buzzed-about contender for the show's Top 36. His revved-up, glam-rock numbers and hauntingly restrained ballads made him the front-runner all season before ultimately coming up short. While the show has produced more pop artists than rockers, May recognizes that springboard it provides young artists.

For now, Lambert must first complete the 50-city tour with his fellow Top 10 members, and the Idol producers, 19 Entertainment, will likely have first dibs on anything Lambert does next. May said whatever happens, he's excited to see what Lambert and Idol winner Kris Allen (who also shared the stage during "We Are the Champions") do next.

"Both those boys are well worthy of big success," May said. "So it's pointless for someone like me to stand on the sidelines jeering. I'm confident Adam will make great use of this wonderful opportunity. I hope I'm there to see it."

BigVE
05-25-2009, 07:03 PM
I remember when Daughtry was offered a lead singer gig with....cant remember the rock band...(Fuel maybe?) but people thought he was a fool for turning them down. I'm thinking Lambert will do just fine by himself w/o having to jump onboard with these guys.

ChiTown
05-25-2009, 07:04 PM
What is American Idol?

stevieray
05-25-2009, 07:07 PM
:shake:

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2009, 07:08 PM
I remember when Daughtry was offered a lead singer gig with....cant remember the rock band...(Fuel maybe?)

Correct, it was Fuel

SBK
05-25-2009, 07:36 PM
This thread is the place for you to turn in your mancards.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
05-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not worried about turning gay, are you?;)

ChiTown
05-25-2009, 07:41 PM

I assumed you were already gay?

:D

wild1
05-25-2009, 07:41 PM
thread title = oxymoron

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Didn't Gene Simmons say that Lambert was welcome to front KISS? Idol is gheyer than Liberace dressed as Cher doing a Liza Minelli impersonation, but the Lambert kid has an amazing voice and stage presence. I have to admit that I turned on the show just to see what he'd do each week. Once he was done, it got turned off, but he was good enough to make me watch the show for the first time ever.

BigRedChief
05-25-2009, 07:46 PM
I assumed you were already gay?

:D
You've seen pics of me, correct? I couldn't be gay even if I wanted too.

ChiTown
05-25-2009, 07:47 PM

Gay people need plus size boyfriends too...........

;)

BigRedChief
05-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Gay people need plus size boyfriends too...........

;)
Hope is alive!

When I went and saw Bill Mahr at the Midland there were protesters out front calling me a fag enabler. Maybe they were right?

Count Alex's Losses
05-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Fuckin' sacrilege.

As far as I'm concerned Queen is retired.

BTW, has anyone heard Cosmos Rocks? I just noticed Brian May and Roger Taylor put out an album with some other singer last year.

ChiTown
05-25-2009, 07:56 PM
When I went and saw Bill Mahr at the Midland there were protesters out front calling me a pillowbiter enabler. Maybe they were right?

How can a protester be wrong? Now go bite a damn pillow!

kcfanintitanhell
05-25-2009, 07:59 PM
****in' sacrilege.

If there's a dollar to be made, nobody's retired.
Not even Elvis.

Jilly
05-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Frankie posted this for me.... Who called this ? That's right - me.. Thank you

StcChief
05-25-2009, 08:10 PM
if they both die in a fire....will anyone really care.

Frankie
05-25-2009, 08:16 PM

:bravo:

Frankie
05-25-2009, 08:18 PM
****in' sacrilege.

You be right. There is only ONE Freddie Mercury.

Frankie
05-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Frankie posted this for me.... Who called this ? That's right - me.. Thank you

I actually I did think of you when I started this thraed. I don't know about you being the first to associate Lambert with Queen songs, but you were certainly the loudest and the most persistent.

Jilly
05-25-2009, 08:25 PM
he sings the show must go on and nails it?? And you will know. My guess is he's too much a prima donna to do it though

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 08:28 PM
he sings the show must go on and nails it?? And you will know. My guess is he's too much a prima donna to do it though

And Freddy Mercury wasn't?

Jilly
05-25-2009, 08:31 PM
And Freddy Mercury wasn't?

Oh yeah he was... I'm just saying Adam is too much of one to take a job reinventing the wheel and showing himself to be second rate

Jilly
05-25-2009, 08:32 PM
I actually I did think of you when I started this thraed. I don't know about you being the first to associate Lambert with Queen songs, but you were certainly the loudest and the most persistent.

I'm touched you thought of me

LaChapelle
05-25-2009, 08:42 PM

You do look a little "down" in the mouth. ROFL

StcChief
05-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Freddie...RIP. not sure if your north or south.

their once was a man from Nantucket....

Thig Lyfe
05-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Is this where I pretend I've never heard of American Idol so Internet people don't call me gay?

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Oh yeah he was... I'm just saying Adam is too much of one to take a job reinventing the wheel and showing himself to be second rate

Second rate to what?

Frankie
05-25-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm touched you thought of me

When you read the first typo-ridden sentence of my post you should have suspected that I was drunk. ;)

listopencil
05-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Cool. I'll be going lingerie shopping with your wives/girlfriends/sexually mature daughters next week. I mean...nothing to worry about if I'm gay because I watch American Idol with my kids. Right?

Count Alex's Losses
05-25-2009, 10:30 PM
mmmmm....sexually mature daughters....

BigRedChief
05-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Is this where I pretend I've never heard of American Idol so Internet people don't call me gay?
http://www.forumspile.com/Gay-And_Communist.jpg

Thig Lyfe
05-25-2009, 10:41 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Gay-And_Communist.jpg

Looks like he has as much eyeliner as Adam Lambert.

Discuss Thrower
05-25-2009, 11:05 PM
mmmmm....sexually mature daughters....

Fact: Sexually Mature for females is age 14.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/juice/chris%20hansen.jpg

Kyle DeLexus
05-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Fact: Sexually Mature for females is age 14.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/juice/chris%20hansen.jpg

They should lower the age of consent to 13 then.

TinyEvel
05-26-2009, 12:11 AM

WRONG!

Teh gheys need you to be a FLAPJACKER!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FlapJacker

Jawshco
05-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Fuckin' sacrilege.

BTW, has anyone heard Cosmos Rocks? I just noticed Brian May and Roger Taylor put out an album with some other singer last year.

Some other singer? Paul Rogers is the frakkin' man! I listen to Bad Company waaay more than I listen to Queen.

SBK
05-26-2009, 02:23 AM

Turning in your man card has nothing to do with being gay, it has to do with no longer being able to call yourself a man. Go put on some panties or something woman.

J Diddy
05-26-2009, 02:38 AM

Lord I hope not. When I met you, you were 3 times my size. Sure running could give me a chance, but lets face it I'm a smoker.

J Diddy
05-26-2009, 02:39 AM
Turning in your man card has nothing to do with being gay, it has to do with no longer being able to call yourself a man. Go put on some panties or something woman.

Why are you wanting BRC to put on panties? Private collection?

BigRedChief
05-26-2009, 07:19 AM
WRONG!

Teh gheys need you to be a FLAPJACKER!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FlapJacker
Thats what those protesters were shouting at me Flap...jacker not fag enabler. Now it makes sense.:moon:

BigRedChief
05-26-2009, 07:20 AM
Frankie

Some redneck needs to shoot your sand ****er, ass. Dune coons aren't welcomed in the U.S.A. I hate camel jockeys.
Not cool.:shake:

CoMoChief
05-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Anyone see Journey's new lead singer, that Jap sounds pretty much identical to Steve Perry.

kepp
05-26-2009, 09:46 AM
While Lambert could front for Queen, its definitely not the best place to *start* a career...although I don't particularly think he's mainstream enough to do what Daughtry did.

Jilly
05-26-2009, 10:20 AM
When you read the first typo-ridden sentence of my post you should have suspected that I was drunk. ;)

And you didn't text? :harumph:

Jilly
05-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Second rate to what?

To Freddie Mercury

Saccopoo
05-26-2009, 11:26 AM
To Freddie Mercury

Yeah, they should dig up the corpse so any type of reunion tour Queen might undertake would have total authenticity.

Kyle DeLexus
05-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Anyone see Journey's new lead singer, that Jap sounds pretty much identical to Steve Perry.

He's actually from the Philippines and he slurs some of the words

Jilly
05-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah, they should dig up the corpse so any type of reunion tour Queen might undertake would have total authenticity.

I was basically just saying Adam is not as good as Freddie Mercury, you smart ass!!!! :D

Frankie
05-26-2009, 12:14 PM
And you didn't text? :harumph:

Lost your number, regretfully.

Saccopoo
05-26-2009, 12:29 PM
I was basically just saying Adam is not as good as Freddie Mercury, you smart ass!!!! :D

I don't know...first time I saw the guy, my initial impression was "Jesus...this kid reminds me of Freddy Mercury." The range, the bravado, the stage presence. Actually, due to the fact that this kid hasn't really done anything in terms of fronting a band, his overall ability to tie in the theatrics, lighting, and ear for creative arrangements was quite impressive.

listopencil
05-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Frankie,

blah blah blah

Whoah. What the fuck, you stupid shitbag? I hope somebody bans your lame ass quickly.

listopencil
05-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Ah, never mind.