PDA

View Full Version : Football Kansas City Ranks as Second Worst North American Sports City

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 09:52 AM
The Toronto Star recently compiled a list of 37 North American cities with at least two of the four major professional sports teams - football, basketball, baseball and hockey. Indianapolis topped the list and Cincinnati ranked last.

Where did Kansas City land? 36th, or second to last.

The ranking is based off winning percentages since 2000. Extra points were given for making the playoffs and winning a championship. The Chiefs have made the playoffs twice in that span ('03 and '06) while the Royals have gone 0 for 9 in playoff bids.

From 2000-2008 the Royals winning percentage has been .416.

From 2000-2008 the Chiefs winning percentage has been .507.

Since 1985, there have been THREE playoff victories by Kansas City professional sports teams. I'm tempted to bring up the Blades as a semi-pro team to inflate these stats (that sweet, sweet 1992 Turner Cup Championship).

Geez...we can talk about the history of our teams because that's about all we've got. Since 1972, there has been ONE world championship by Kansas City professional teams.

Let's not forget this post where Kansas City was ranked as the 5th least popular city.

H/T to Stampede Blue for the link. (And now I will take back my hat tip because the Colts beating the Chiefs in the '03 and '06 playoffs are part of the reason we're so low on the list.)

Update: Looks like Stampede Blue is having a lot of fun with this. I don't like this list.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/5/25/886396/kansas-city-ranks-as-second-worst

BLAME CANADA!

CoMoChief
05-26-2009, 09:54 AM
And people on here wonder why ESPN or any other national media outlet won't cover anything KC, unless it involves another team.

HemiEd
05-26-2009, 10:01 AM
GFY, You are a full fledged troll.

Iowanian
05-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Only a Donkey Fan would take the word of a Canadian Source about American Sports.

Why don't you ask a Vegan for a butcher shop recommendation, dumbass?

Brock
05-26-2009, 10:05 AM
The ranking is based off winning percentages since 2000.

Oh, okay.

RedThat
05-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Only a Donkey Fan would take the word of a Canadian Source about American Sports.

Why don't you ask a Vegan for a butcher shop recommendation, dumbass?

I love the Chiefs could care less about the Royals...But its clear this source is basing things off facts and history. which is fine because they do express alot of truth as far as accomplishments are concerned.

Its a sad truth and one thats tough to swallow, but Kansas City doesn't really have much to show for as far as accomplishments go.

jidar
05-26-2009, 10:07 AM
What the hell would they know, their map has KC in Illinois

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/161007/abebb33f45abb0814d83e46e242f.jpeg

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 10:08 AM
KC is in transition to it's second sports renaissance; I could give two fucks about our past records at this point.

And I think a better question would be, what Cities financially support their sports teams rain or shine, and keep them from being bought out and/or turning in to something as corporate and lame as say..............................................

Incestco Field?

Quite right.

Brock
05-26-2009, 10:08 AM
They have Vancouver at 3. Nuff said.

BigChiefFan
05-26-2009, 10:09 AM
LMAO. Donko slob is a fucktard of epic purportions. His 8-8 team is the suck and he is too dumb to realize it. Yea, The Broncos are a powerhouse, evidenced by Donko Slobs endless rants professing it-yea that's makes it so.

SNR
05-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Shucks, you're right, Bronco Rob. I better go root for a different sports team, I guess.

Fucktard. Go kill yourself.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2009, 10:13 AM
This is dumb. This decade Tampa has a Super Bowl (Bucs in 2000), Stanley Cup (Lightning in 2004) and a AL Pennant (Rays in 2008). Yet Tampa is 27/37.

Iowanian
05-26-2009, 10:15 AM
DonkeyBob and his on air takes are about as accurate and up to speed as the associated map that puts Kansas City Missouri in the middle of effing Illinois.

Pioli Zombie
05-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Nows my turn to call bullshit. How does Indianapolis finish higher than Boston which has 6 championships this decade?
Colts ok. Pacers???? What else???
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
05-26-2009, 10:19 AM
DonkeyBob and his on air takes are about as accurate and up to speed as the associated map that puts Kansas City Missouri in the middle of effing Illinois.

That's EPIC...
Rack Him!!!!

I gave myself a tounge for that take....

I'm Out!

BigChiefFan
05-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Denver Broncos' 39-97-4 record IS THE WORST of any of the original eight American Football League teams'

Sure-Oz
05-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Our sports teams have sucked ass for awhile, but that isn't the fans fault

Rain Man
05-26-2009, 10:21 AM

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/161007/abebb33f45abb0814d83e46e242f.jpeg

I bet they think a million people drowned on the Oregon Trail trying to cross the Mississippi.

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 10:26 AM
I wonder why they failed to incorporate College sports?

And for the record....

I live in Kansas City...

I am a Royals fan...

I am a Jayhawks fan.....

just sayin'

Iowanian
05-26-2009, 10:30 AM
...and a bronco fan.

that's kind of like saying "He coaches little league, holds a joband only has been caught with a bareback male prostitute at the park a few times."

BigChiefFan
05-26-2009, 10:33 AM

And for the record....

I live in Kansas City...

I am a Royals fan...

I am a Jayhawks fan.....

just sayin'

So you're a Traitor, too?;)

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 10:34 AM
So you're a Traitor, too?;)

Uh no....

Born in Denver.......

Moved to KC......

No MLB team in Denver......

Ya Follow?

Mr. Krab
05-26-2009, 10:35 AM
GFY, You are a full fledged troll.
This

Time for him to go.

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 10:38 AM

And for the record....

I live in Kansas City...

I am a Royals fan...

I am a Jayhawks fan.....

just suckin'

DonkeyBeak. Yay.

Iowanian
05-26-2009, 10:41 AM
No....DonkeyBob doesn't need to go away.

CP needs villains. It was much better when we used to have some green lantern/penquins around, and this flipper fingered sonnabitch is more likely to stimulate more entertainment and team building exercises than not.

tooge
05-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Hey Bronco Knob, I know you. I know who you are. You are a tool. I dont care who says what about KC. I couldn't live on 23 acres and hunt and fish my own land and only be 15 minutes from downtown in Denver or in any of the other cities mentioned in these types of polls. I'm sure New York is up there, as is Miami, no? You couldn't pay me any amount of money to live in those places. If you hate KC enough that you have to go searching for polls that make KC seem bad, then go somewhere else. We could go 30 more years without winning a single championship (dont forget KU?) and I wouldn't live anywhere else. Oh, by the way, I lived in San Diego for 4 years in college, Chicago for 2 years of residency, and summers in San Fran. Been all over the US. KC is great town. You just keep telling everyone you know that it sucks and that would be great for the rest of us here that like to keep our little secret.

HemiEd
05-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Uh no....

Born in Denver.......

Moved to KC......

Ya Follow?

I was born in Denver, last I heard they had a team that wears a big CR on their hats.

BigChiefFan
Uh no....

Born in Denver.......

Moved to KC......

Ya Follow?

Actually, it's a little hard to follow somebody that spews as much tripe as you do, so no, I don't follow you or understand you, as someone that speaks truth, but rather somebody who wanted to ruffle feathers without an ounce of credibility or facts to back a statement. You've basically come here to fuel a fire and take pot shots, while attempting to be Teflon. Your act sucks. Period.

Dr. Facebook Fever
The Toronto Star recently compiled a list of 37 North American cities with at least two of the four major professional sports teams - football, basketball, baseball and hockey. Indianapolis topped the list and Cincinnati ranked last.

Where did Kansas City land? 36th, or second to last.

The ranking is based off winning percentages since 2000. Extra points were given for making the playoffs and winning a championship. The Chiefs have made the playoffs twice in that span ('03 and '06) while the Royals have gone 0 for 9 in playoff bids.

From 2000-2008 the Royals winning percentage has been .416.

From 2000-2008 the Chiefs winning percentage has been .507.

Since 1985, there have been THREE playoff victories by Kansas City professional sports teams. I'm tempted to bring up the Blades as a semi-pro team to inflate these stats (that sweet, sweet 1992 Turner Cup Championship).

Geez...we can talk about the history of our teams because that's about all we've got. Since 1972, there has been ONE world championship by Kansas City professional teams.

Let's not forget this post where Kansas City was ranked as the 5th least popular city.

H/T to Stampede Blue for the link. (And now I will take back my hat tip because the Colts beating the Chiefs in the '03 and '06 playoffs are part of the reason we're so low on the list.)

Update: Looks like Stampede Blue is having a lot of fun with this. I don't like this list.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/5/25/886396/kansas-city-ranks-as-second-worst

BLAME CANADA!

You need to find a woman or get a hobby.

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Hey Bronco Knob, I know you. I know who you are. You are a tool. I dont care who says what about KC. I couldn't live on 23 acres and hunt and fish my own land and only be 15 minutes from downtown in Denver or in any of the other cities mentioned in these types of polls. I'm sure New York is up there, as is Miami, no? You couldn't pay me any amount of money to live in those places. If you hate KC enough that you have to go searching for polls that make KC seem bad, then go somewhere else. We could go 30 more years without winning a single championship (dont forget KU?) and I wouldn't live anywhere else. Oh, by the way, I lived in San Diego for 4 years in college, Chicago for 2 years of residency, and summers in San Fran. Been all over the US. KC is great town. You just keep telling everyone you know that it sucks and that would be great for the rest of us here that like to keep our little secret.

First off....

you don't know me.

second...

The article is from the Toronto Star.....

Hope that helps...

Mr. Krab
05-26-2009, 10:47 AM
No....DonkeyBob doesn't need to go away.

CP needs villains. It was much better when we used to have some green lantern/penquins around, and this flipper fingered sonnabitch is more likely to stimulate more entertainment and team building exercises than not.
We always have you. :moon:

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 10:47 AM
I was born in Denver, last I heard they had a team that wears a big CR on their hats.

The Rockies played their First Game Played April 5, 1993...

hope that helps...

tooge
05-26-2009, 10:48 AM
First off....

you don't know me.

second...

The article is from the Toronto Star.....

Hope that helps...

Uh, yeah, I do know you. Met you at some 810 deal about 10 years ago. Some things never change I guess. Still the same tool.

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Actually, it's a little hard to follow somebody that spews as much tripe as you do, so no, I don't follow you or understand you, as someone that speaks truth, but rather somebody who wanted to ruffle feathers without an ounce of credibility or facts to back a statement. You've basically come here to fuel a fire and take pot shots, while attempting to be Teflon. Your act sucks. Period.

Tripe?

What have I posted that isn't the truth?

Have the cheefs won a superbowl in 40 years?

The last team the cheefs beat in th eplayoffs was the Houston Oilers circa 1993 season?

The cheefs have won 3 playoff games in 40 years?

Feel free to fact check....

Iowanian
05-26-2009, 10:50 AM
I just saw on ESPN that Denver brought in Curtis Ennis to try to fill their void at RB....

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2009, 10:51 AM

And for the record....

I live in Kansas City...

I am a Royals fan...

I am a Jayhawks fan.....

just sayin'Let me guess, you became a Bronco fan just over a decade ago, right?

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Uh, yeah, I do know you. Met you at some 810 deal about 10 years ago. Some things never change I guess. Still the same tool.

Ah....Some random yahoo at a Hooters....

Funny how everyone I met at any of the 810 functions were always friendly and nice.....

I guess your true character is revealed from behind a keyboard..

Speaks volumes.....

Frazod
05-26-2009, 10:53 AM
DonkeyBeak. Yay.

This dildo is definitely a typical representative of both fan bases.

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Let me guess, you became a Bronco fan just over a decade ago, right?

Been a Die-hard Broncos fan since Charley Johnson was the QB..

Started following the NFL at the age of 5..

Which is why I know more about the sport than 99.9% of "fans".

just sayin'

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 10:55 AM
This dildo is definitely a typical representative of both fan bases.

A horrid science experiment gone terribly awry.

Put it down like Old Yeller.

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Been a Die-hard Broncos fan si-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

just suckin'

This.

Ebolapox

And for the record....

I live in Kansas City...

I am a Royals fan...

I am a Jayhawks fan.....

just sayin'

a bronco AND jayhawk fan?...and a royals fan...

one of these things is not like the other.

Reaper16
Tripe?

The last team the cheefs beat in th eplayoffs was the Houston Oilers circa 1993 season?

Rob, you've been a member since 2002. In that time, if you have read Chiefs Planet for even a tiny amount, you would have noticed that we were overwhelmingly negative towards Carl Peterson. Nobody is going to deny the facts listed in the quoted post. We're all tremendously pissed off at it.

Why people are getting pissed at you for is your annoying act. You come in here, use these historical facts in an effort to rile us up, but our reaction is like "We fucking know, dude." If you want to talk smack, then you have to bring it without saying the same shit that we Chiefs fans already say to each other.

There are respected Broncos fans on this board, posters capable of slinging shit at us and taking it from us. They do not act like you.

Ebolapox
05-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Uh no....

Born in Denver.......

Moved to KC......

Ya Follow?

riposte.

BigChiefFan
05-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Then you know, that you're full of shit and your team cheated to have ONE more Super Bowl victory than the Chiefs. The Chiefs have more championship victories than your team every dreamed of having, but thanks anyway for spewing your trash all over the board, because you can't actually hang with being casual, you have to show you ass, thus negating any point you may have-that makes you a douchenozzle.

Frazod
05-26-2009, 10:59 AM
A horrid science experiment gone terribly awry.

Put it down like Old Yeller.

Bad comparison.

I'd feel bad about putting down Old Yeller.

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Bad comparison.

I'd feel bad about putting down Old Yeller.

ROFL Niiiice.

Iowanian
I'm likely not the only one to be unsurprised that donkeybob has been a Johnson fan since the age of 5.

The Bronco Rob
Rob, you've been a member since 2002. In that time, if you have read Chiefs Planet for even a tiny amount, you would have noticed that we were overwhelmingly negative towards Carl Peterson. Nobody is going to deny the facts listed in the quoted post. We're all tremendously pissed off at it.

Why people are getting pissed at you for is your annoying act. You come in here, use these historical facts in an effort to rile us up, but our reaction is like "We ****ing know, dude." If you want to talk smack, then you have to bring it without saying the same shit that we Chiefs fans already say to each other.

There are respected Broncos fans on this board, posters capable of slinging shit at us and taking it from us. They do not act like you.

I come in here and "use these historical facts"

So it's not conjecture but FACTS I post..

Well if "FACTS" bother people so much..

Maybe everyone can make up their own......

BigMeatballDave
Tripe?

Jesus H. Christ. Are you fucking retarded?

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2009, 11:04 AM

Maybe everyone can make up their own......Idiot. Water is wet. Sun is hot. These are facts too, dumbass. You are like the Special Olympics champion of smaq.

tooge
05-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Ah....Some random yahoo at a Hooters....

Funny how everyone I met at any of the 810 functions were always friendly and nice.....

I guess your true character is revealed from behind a keyboard..

Speaks volumes.....

I'm plenty nice and friendly. You just spew the same crap now that you did then. You seemed to be all over the place in 97 and 98 and then seemed to disappear around 2000 or so, you know, when the Donks were about as mediocre as the chiefs you loved making fun of. I'm not saying you are a tool personally, but your takes are old and its time to move on. I'll put it this way. I haven't ever been to a donks bb and talked about vaseline on jerseys, salary cap violations, or the fact that they just ran the best thing since Elway out of town. If I did go to those bb's, I would try to come off as a chiefs fan looking for some good football talk rather that simply bashing the entire community. Why do you feel it is necessary to come here to bash KC in every way you can?

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Then you know, that you're full of shit and your team cheated to have ONE more Super Bowl victory than the Chiefs. The Chiefs have more championship victories than your team every dreamed of having*, but thanks anyway for spewing your trash all over the board, because you can't actually hang with being casual, you have to show you ass, thus negating any point you may have-that makes you a douchenozzle.

*Kansas City Chiefs....One Superbowl Two Conference Championship Games

Denver Broncos SIX Superbowls EIGHT Conference Championship Games.

Hope that helps

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm plenty nice and friendly. You just spew the same crap now that you did then. You seemed to be all over the place in 97 and 98 and then seemed to disappear around 2000 or so, you know, when the Donks were about as mediocre as the chiefs you loved making fun of. I'm not saying you are a tool personally, but your takes are old and its time to move on. I'll put it this way. I haven't ever been to a donks bb and talked about vaseline on jerseys, salary cap violations, or the fact that they just ran the best thing since Elway out of town. If I did go to those bb's, I would try to come off as a chiefs fan looking for some good football talk rather that simply bashing the entire community. Why do you feel it is necessary to come here to bash KC in every way you can?

Uh.... how am I bashing anything?

BTW Vasoline & Salary Cap what are you talking about?

Reaper16
05-26-2009, 11:11 AM

Bronco Rob, read that post again. Because you clearly didn't the first time. I said that everyone knows those facts that you keep bringing up. We talk about those things amongst ourselves. You are getting the strong reaction that you're getting in part because you use those facts thinking that you're laying down good smack. Like that Larry Johnson thread if yours... the mjority of posters here would like to see LJ off the team. You're spinning your wheels trying to get us angry about things that we were already angry about before you started this posting spree.

And that futility is annoying. Thus, we attack you & not your "arguments" because your smack talk lacks any kind of punch.

BigChiefFan
05-26-2009, 11:13 AM

Hope that helps The Hunt's franchise has been around for FIFTY YEARS, I'll let you figure out what your missing, Mr. knows more than 99.9% of the fans, yea right.ROFL

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2009, 11:13 AM

BTW Vasoline & Salary Cap what are you talking about?Why are you talking shit here anyway? You were 8-8 last season. You lost your franchise QB. Your HC covets OUR QB. You team is in no better position than ours. You do have 2 good WRs. Other than that, I see it as a push.

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2009, 11:15 AM

Hope that helpsYour numbers are off a bit, but you're the only one keeping score, anyway.

Gonzo
05-26-2009, 11:17 AM
**Sigh**

This bores me...

What's for lunch today boys?

tooge
05-26-2009, 11:20 AM

BTW Vasoline & Salary Cap what are you talking about?

You feel the need to point out that there are polls saying KC is this and that etc. Hey, the folks that live here like it. If they dont, leave. Simple. Vaseline on the jerseys in the 1997 playoff game at Arrowhead. Actually not sure if it was vaseline or some other slippery substance, but it is common knowledge tht the Donks o linemen had to go change. They should have been suspended for the rest of the game. Salary cap, are you serious? They cheated on the salary cap in 1998 (1997?) to retain guys like Elway. They gave up what, a 3rd rounder for that one? C'mon. Alot of teams could cheat for 1 year when they are close and would happily give up a 3rd rounder for a title. Still cheatin though. You still misssed my entire point, which is that you are stating facts here that were relevant 12 years ago. Since 1999, what are the comparative records of the chiefs and broncos? How many AFC west titles has each won? What are the head to heads? This would be a little more relevant dont you think? I mean, the cowboys fans could go to the broncos bbs and talk aout superbowls too, but since they haven't been relevant in 14 years, they dont.

HemiEd
05-26-2009, 11:21 AM

Here is a fact you should get your gums around. Head to head records, how does 53/44 sound to ya?
Only one team has a winning record against the other three, and it is not the Broncos.

Kerberos
05-26-2009, 11:27 AM
See....See....

This is what happens when they open up the internet for kids to hook up thier personal comuters to at this fugtards high school.

If he is still posting a 3:30 he is doing it from detention.

ziggysocki
05-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Idiot. Water is wet. Sun is hot. These are facts too, dumbass. You are like the Special Olympics champion of smaq.

ahahhah I'm dyin here! ROFLROFL And he still placed last.

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Bronco Rob, read that post again. Because you clearly didn't the first time. I said that everyone knows those facts that you keep bringing up. We talk about those things amongst ourselves. You are getting the strong reaction that you're getting in part because you use those facts thinking that you're laying down good smack. Like that Larry Johnson thread if yours... the mjority of posters here would like to see LJ off the team. You're spinning your wheels trying to get us angry about things that we were already angry about before you started this posting spree.

And that futility is annoying. Thus, we attack you & not your "arguments" because your smack talk lacks any kind of punch.

Smack?

I very rarely talk "smack".....

I will post concise factual information to make a point.

Why on earth would facts make people angry?

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 11:39 AM
You feel the need to point out that there are polls saying KC is this and that etc. Hey, the folks that live here like it. If they dont, leave. Simple. Vaseline on the jerseys in the 1997 playoff game at Arrowhead. Actually not sure if it was vaseline or some other slippery substance, but it is common knowledge tht the Donks o linemen had to go change. They should have been suspended for the rest of the game. Salary cap, are you serious? They cheated on the salary cap in 1998 (1997?) to retain guys like Elway. They gave up what, a 3rd rounder for that one? C'mon. Alot of teams could cheat for 1 year when they are close and would happily give up a 3rd rounder for a title. Still cheatin though. You still misssed my entire point, which is that you are stating facts here that were relevant 12 years ago. Since 1999, what are the comparative records of the chiefs and broncos? How many AFC west titles has each won? What are the head to heads? This would be a little more relevant dont you think? I mean, the cowboys fans could go to the broncos bbs and talk aout superbowls too, but since they haven't been relevant in 14 years, they dont.

Since 1999, what are the comparative records of the chiefs and broncos?

Denver Broncos

85-59
4 Playoff Appearances
1 AFC Title Game
6 Winning Seasons
8 .500 or better seasons
1 Losing Season

Kansas City Queefs

66-78
2 Playoff Appearances
3 Winning Seasons
4 .500 or better seasons
4 Losing Seasons

Hope that helps...

tooge
05-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Smack?

Ok then, post some facts. How many afc west titles do each club have since 1998? What is the comparative record since then? Just tryin to be relevant here.

tooge
Ok then, post some facts. How many afc west titles do each club have since 1998? What is the comparative record since then? Just tryin to be relevant here.

oops, late.

The Bronco Rob

Denver Broncos

85-59
4 Playoff Appearances
1 AFC Title Game
6 Winning Seasons
8 .500 or better seasons
1 Losing Season

Kansas City Chiefs

66-78
2 Playoff Appearances
3 Winning Seasons
4 .500 or better seasons
4 Losing Seasons

Hope that helps...

tooge
05-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Both pretty ho hum if you ask me. I wouldn't brag on either.

Lzen
05-26-2009, 11:46 AM

ROFL WTF? ROFL

wild1
05-26-2009, 11:46 AM

st. louis is west of kansas city! who knew?

BigChiefFan
05-26-2009, 11:48 AM

Everybody knows KC is the gateway to the West.:D

tooge
05-26-2009, 11:48 AM

I may shoot ver to chicago with the wife for dinner tonight. I never realized we were that close.

Gonzo
05-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Denver Broncos

85-59
4 Playoff Appearances
1 AFC Title Game
6 Winning Seasons
8 .500 or better seasons
1 Losing Season

Kansas City Chiefs

66-78
2 Playoff Appearances
3 Winning Seasons
4 .500 or better seasons
4 Losing Seasons

Hope that helps...

Needless to say, your act is getting tiresome. True, the Bronco's have had "legitimate" success in the past ten years and I congratulate them and their fans. I'm sure with their current administration they will go on to be very competitive and keep the drama alive and well in the AFC West.

Their fans are some of the best in the NFL and it shows by their attendance records...Keep in mind that the tables can and will turn. Eventually the Broncs will be a lesser team and go through the trials and tribulations that our beloved Chiefs have. However, I think it is a testimate to Kansas City fans that we have stuck it out through the tough times. We have faced the mediocre and we always look to a brighter day. A day that will come sooner than most everyone expects IMO. A day that we will be runing through the streets of K.C. like a bunch of rabid Spider Monkeys with our heads held high.

Reaper16
05-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Smack?

Fine, I'll boil what I'm saying down into an easily digestible form:

These facts aren't making people angry. You are making people angry.

Lzen
05-26-2009, 11:56 AM

Does not compute.

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Since 2000, what are the comparative records of the chiefs and broncos?

Denver Broncos

85-59
4 Playoff Appearances
1 AFC Title Game
6 Winning Seasons
8 .500 or better seasons
1 Losing Season

Kansas City Chiefs

66-78
2 Playoff Appearances
3 Winning Seasons
4 .500 or better seasons
4 Losing Seasons

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Keep in mind that the tables can and will turn. Eventually the Broncs will be a lesser team and go through the trials and tribulations that our beloved Chiefs have. However, I think it is a testimate to Kansas City fans that we have stuck it out through the tough times. We have faced the mediocre and we always look to a brighter day. A day that will come sooner than most everyone expects IMO. A day that we will be runing through the streets of K.C. like a bunch of rabid Spider Monkeys with our heads held high.

Hear hear!!!:clap:

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Since 1999, what are the comparative records of the chiefs and broncos?

Denver Broncos

85-59
4 Playoff Appearances
1 AFC Title Game
6 Winning Seasons
8 .500 or better seasons
1 Losing Season

Kansas City Chiefs

66-78
2 Playoff Appearances
3 Winning Seasons
4 .500 or better seasons
4 Losing Seasons

Hope that helps...AND ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS! Which is all that matters. You are no better than we are.

ClevelandBronco
05-26-2009, 12:36 PM
There's plenty wrong with this list, beginning with the Rockies' fluke appearance (and it was nothing more than an appearance) in the World Series buoying Denver up to #11.

Kerberos
05-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Fine, I'll boil what I'm saying down into an easily digestible form:

These facts aren't making people angry. You are making people angry.

He doesn't get it. He doesn't WANT to get it.

He would rather live in a fantasy that gives him an edge over everyone here (Including Iowanian and Rainman) and we know how likely that is to become reality.

Reading this thread is pure comedy.

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 12:53 PM
He doesn't get it. He doesn't WANT to get it.

He would rather live in a fantasy that gives him an edge over everyone here (Including Iowanian and Rainman) and we know how likely that is to become reality.

Reading this thread is pure comedy.

Donko Knob is the Dane Cook of Chiefs Planet.

Iowanian
05-26-2009, 12:58 PM
I think some of you are missing the value of a villain on the board.

I hope DonkeyBob'syouruncle will stick around and sling his brand of regurgitated Jim Rome Jungle Love.

Until training camp, I'd enjoy having someone around, acting like a featherless, starving baby bird, stretching up from the next with mouth open wide, as I hoover over the nest an hour after eating too many mushrooms.

Ari Chi3fs
05-26-2009, 01:21 PM
DonkoBob is 2/3 ok in my book.

And Why THE FUCK is Indianapolis #1 in that list... and NOT Boston? Boston has 3NFL champs...2 MLB champs and 1 NBA champ...

that list is retarded.

Halfcan
05-26-2009, 01:28 PM
are you trying to collect Neg rep??

Frazod
05-26-2009, 01:28 PM

All KU fans should also be Bronco fans. Just switch the red to orange and you're good to go. :thumb:

JD10367
05-26-2009, 01:48 PM

And Why THE **** is Indianapolis #1 in that list... and NOT Boston? Boston has 3NFL champs...2 MLB champs and 1 NBA champ...

that list is retarded.

That was my thought as well (and not just 'cause I'm in New England). Indy has one SB title, and a basketball team that underachieves. Hell, New York has a SB title as well and, as was pointed out, Tampa's got a SB as well as a WS and a Stanley Cup.

But, really now, does anyone need to debate the merits of the actual poll? I've only been here a week and I know it was posted here by a Denver fan mainly because it says, in effect, "Kansas City sucks!" What I don't get is why he's got such a hard-on for bashing KC; with the Chargers being a much more recent powerhouse threat in the division, you think he'd be on a San Diego board somewhere making fun of Norv Turner and the powder-blue unis and Merriman's roids... :)

WildTurkey
05-26-2009, 02:14 PM
wow, It's a good thing the Chiefs play in Missouri.... almost feel bad for those poor fans in Kansas City Illinois

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 03:09 PM
All KU fans should also be Bronco fans. Just switch the red to orange and you're good to go. :thumb:

LMAO

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Does not compute.

ROFL

Dottefan
05-26-2009, 08:50 PM
I hate denver.

The Bronco Rob
05-27-2009, 09:10 AM
I hate denver.

:hmmm:

Coach
05-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Here's a big flaw in this article. This was from Canada. Anything that comes out of Canada should be taken with a grain of salt.

milkman
05-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Does not compute.

Think about it.

It'll come to you.

The Bronco Rob
05-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Here's a big flaw in this article. This was from Canada. Anything that comes out of Canada should be taken with a grain of salt.

ROFL

CaliforniaChief
05-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Do they compute into Denver's ranking that the Socialist-in-Chief had his nomination secured at Incestco Field? That has to knock them down a few spots.

kcfanXIII
05-27-2009, 06:21 PM
only a Canadian publication would include hockey as a major sport. while i enjoy the fast paced action of hockey, its not nearly as popular as the other three in this country.

FACT: Denver is a mile above sea level.
FACT: air pressure is lower at higher altitudes
FACT: low pressure will suck air from higher pressured areas
FACT: denver sucks

Spott
05-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Been a Die-hard Broncos fan since Charley Johnson was the QB..

Started following the NFL at the age of 5..

Which is why I know more about the sport than 99.9% of "fans".

If you actually had anything to say about football, you would be on a Broncos board actually talking football instead of just acting like a troll here to get attention. You just come here and spout off a bunch of stats that are freely available on just about any NFL website and claim to be an expert because you know how to cut and paste.