PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Get your notebook ready, Wendler!

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Though the faces in the secondary are the same, the scheme will be much different. Gone is the “cover two,” defense, in which defensive backs and linebackers filled zones while the four linemen tried to pressure the quarterback.
With the Chiefs totaling just 10 sacks, a dubious NFL record, the defensive backs were routinely trying to cover routes that were allowed too much time to develop.

And considering their defensive backs ranked as four of their top five tacklers, it should be no surprise that the Chiefs rush defense ranked 30th.
If coordinator Clancy Pendergast’s 3-4 defense works as intended, with a more intense and unpredictable pass rush, the defense should improve upon its 13 interceptions of a year ago.

”That’s what I’m looking forward to – getting my hands on the ball,” said Page, who led the Chiefs with four interceptions in 2008. “We’re going to be in position to make hits and be in position to make plays on the ball.”

Pollard, a big-hitting strong safety who led the team with 98 tackles, should be able to make more of them nearer the line of scrimmage.
“I love the defense we’re in now,” he said. “This is the defense we played in college (Purdue). This is me – the box safety running around.”

The cover two was the baby of former coach Herm Edwards, while former defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham added his own wrinkles.

“For three years we were always playing a cover two defense and a couple of other things and we never got really good at one thing,” Pollard said.
“Guys are excited. Our coach is setting us up to make plays – we’re not just sitting back and waiting. This is going to be a different defense. It’s going to be fun.”http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/BernardPollard_3-1.png

Damn straight.:D
<script src="http://js-kit.com/rating-data.js?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kcchiefs.com%2Fnews%2F2009%2F05%2F26%2Fstability_in_the_secondary%2F&p%5B0%5D=%2Fnews%2F2009%2F05%2F26%2Fstability_in_the_secondary&jx%5B0%5D=0"><table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" class="js-ratings-tableWrapper"><tbody><tr><td>177 votes

</td></tr></tbody></table>[/quote]</script><table class="js-ratings-tableWrapper" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

crazycoffey
05-26-2009, 08:36 PM
nice article, nicely done to call out other members and all (expecially goatboy), but what's with the retarded photo and caption? I see this thread dying within a dozen posts that aren't yours.....

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 08:38 PM
nice article, nicely done to call out other members and all (expecially goatboy), but what's with the retarded photo and caption? I see this thread dying within a dozen posts that aren't yours.....

What the fuck is your problem?

Count Zarth
05-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Amusing caption.

Allow me to fix your quote, BP:

“For three years we were always playing a cover two defense and a couple of other things and Inever got really good at one thing,” Pollard said.

BTW, tackle stats are the last thing to impress anyone.

OnTheWarpath58
05-26-2009, 08:41 PM
http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/234/c/3/Here_we_go_joker_ref_pic_by_sullen_skrewt.jpg

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Amusing caption.

Allow me to fix your quote, BP:

Piss on you! :D You will taste of the Pollard Meat-Stick many times before this season comes to a close!

Thig Lyfe
05-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Pollard's a nice guy. I talked to him at Applebee's once.

OnTheWarpath58
05-26-2009, 08:44 PM

Did you ask him to "PUT THE HAMMER DOWN!"?

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 08:46 PM

I know!

He appreciates being a part of the team and the City. He takes nothing for granted, and I'm glad he's here.

Wendler thinks he's useless, while simultaneously pickle-puffing on LJ, and I find the whole thing absurd.

Count Zarth
05-26-2009, 08:54 PM
I know!

He appreciates being a part of the team and the City. He takes nothing for granted, and I'm glad he's here.

Wendler thinks he's useless, while simultaneously pickle-puffing on LJ, and I find the whole thing absurd.

Absurd?

Safeties who can't tackle ARE useless.

Certainly more useless than running backs who rip of 60-yard runs.

And I don't CARE if he appreciates being a part of the team and city. So does KC Wolf.

WildTurkey
05-26-2009, 08:56 PM
who cares if he can't tackle.... have you seen him dance...

DeezNutz
05-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Absurd?

And I don't CARE if he appreciates being a part of the team and city. So does KC Wolf.

ROFL

'05 flashback.

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Absurd?

What the fuck do you mean "can't tackle"?! You are high as a motherfucker, and LJ did NOT contribute to this team consistently, and worth a flying fuck anywhere NEAR Pollard's contribution in 08.

Step One: Remove head from ass.

Step Two: Remove head from ass again!

WildTurkey
05-26-2009, 09:14 PM
The fact that he managed 98 tackles in that POS defensive scheme bodes well for Pollard... I wouldn't be surprised if he thrives in the new defense with some decent coaching who knows?

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 09:15 PM
The fact that he managed 98 tackles in that POS defensive scheme bodes well for Pollard... I wouldn't be surprised if he thrives in the new defense with some decent coaching who knows?

If he thrives in the new scheme, he'll make Atwater look like a little girl.

Print it!

Mr. Flopnuts
05-26-2009, 09:16 PM
If he thrives in the new scheme, he'll make Atwater look like a little girl.

Print it!

TO THE CANOE!!!

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 09:21 PM
TO THE CANOE!!!

The SS Pollard, flanked by the SS Thigpen and the SS LJ emerge from hyperspace and in to the next system which will soon meet it's total demise!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/a/ae/PellaeonStarDestroyerLegacyEraSeanCooke.jpg

Count Zarth
05-26-2009, 09:23 PM
Would you morons stop touting tackle stats as worth a SHIT? They mean NOTHING, especially if you're safety.

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Would you morons stop touting tackle stats as worth a SHIT? They mean NOTHING, especially if you're safety.

98 Tackles >>>>>>>>874 yards.

MadMax
05-26-2009, 09:27 PM
TO THE CANOE!!!

Aye aye Captain!!

MadMax
05-26-2009, 09:33 PM
What the **** is your problem?

He's crazy and he's all hopped up on Columbian roast? :shrug:

WildTurkey
05-26-2009, 09:36 PM
so you complain that he can't tackle..... but tackles as a stat don't mean anything????

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 09:39 PM
He's crazy and he's all hopped up on Columbian roast? :shrug:

He didn't understand that this topic is also an inside topic and point of contention between Clay and myself.

Count Zarth
05-26-2009, 09:44 PM
so you complain that he can't tackle..... but tackles as a stat don't mean anything????

Sure.

Our D was on the field so much last year, and so many people were fucking up in the front seven, that SOMEONE was gonna rack up the tackles.

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Sure.

Our D was on the field so much last year, and so many people were fucking up in the front seven, that SOMEONE was gonna rack up the tackles.

Much like Kraft "BBQ", weak is your sauce.

DA_T_84
05-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Led team in tackles = Can't tackle

Sure, that makes sense.

(Here comes the "leading in tackles doesn't mean crap" argument. I will precede this point by arguing that leading in tackles means, that yes, you have proven you can tackle. In fact, you can tackle more times than your defensive teammates. Because you did.)

DA_T_84
05-26-2009, 10:02 PM

They mean that you stopped the play before a touchdown occurred.

Count Zarth
05-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Led team in tackles = Can't tackle

I meant to say he is a poor tackler.

And he is.

Chiefaholic
05-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Sometimes players look like crap in one system , then excell in another. Give the guy a chance given this is the same scheme he played in college. And tackles DO matter when you're a safety, because you're the last man between the opponent and the goal line.

DA_T_84
05-26-2009, 10:05 PM
I meant to say he is a poor tackler.

And he is.

Now thats a debatable subject. But at least its relevant. I will take his occasional wiff (1 per game? 2 at most?) if he is continuously in on plays where fumbles occur.

The dude is ALWAYS around when a turnover happens, most notably, fumbles.

Chiefaholic
05-26-2009, 10:06 PM
And this defense's greatest weakness last season had nothing to do with Pollard.

Chiefaholic
05-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Now thats a debatable subject. But at least its relevant. I will take his occasional wiff (1 per game? 2 at most?) if he is continuously in on plays where fumbles occur.

That's because he's willing to sacrifice his body to make a hard hit.

Count Zarth
05-26-2009, 10:09 PM

And he's willing to sacrifice a routine tackle to make a big hit, then whiffs and gets embarrassed.

Otter
05-26-2009, 10:10 PM
What the **** is your problem?

I'm just going to go ahead and say it - you're a douche bag dude. A douche bag. You wine we don't like noobs, we love noobs, just not you.

Because........you're a douche bag.

This will be my first and last response to you.

Just remember, no matter how you try to rationalize it - it's not us, it's you. You're (putting it politely as possible) a douche.

DA_T_84
05-26-2009, 10:11 PM

Not only that, but also, when he is the second man, he focuses on ripping the ball like its his only job on the field.

I know everyone is supposed to do this, but he rips SO HARD. ALL THE TIME. It works a lot, and it doesnt sometimes, but it keeps the RB from focusing on breaking the tackle and he holds on to the ball for dear life.

DA_T_84
05-26-2009, 10:14 PM
And he's willing to sacrifice a routine tackle to make a big hit, then whiffs and gets embarrassed.

And then breaks Tom Brady's knee, and every Patriot fans' heart to boot.

And then later hits someone hard. And then he will miss, and then he will cause a fumble, and then he will hit hard, and then he will miss.

We get it. We are just arguing that his positives outweigh his negatives.

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Sometimes players look like crap in one system , then excell in another. Give the guy a chance given this is the same scheme he played in college. And tackles DO matter when you're a safety, because you're the last man between the opponent and the goal line.

THESE. I swear, I've seen Pollard be the last line of defense several times, chasing a guy 30 yards down field to put that guy out, when everyone else around him blew it big time.
The new scheme puts him in the box and opens up his play making ability. Pollard wants to be not just a great player, but a great Chief as well. I can't wait to see what he, DJ, and the other guys can do this year. Not to mention the fact that a pass-rush, if only effective at disrupting the opposing QB's timing, makes Flowers, Page, Leggitt, and Carr dangerous guys.

Fuck QB'S! VIVA DEFENSE, BITCHES!!!:cuss::D

Count Zarth
And then breaks Tom Brady's knee, and every Patriot fans' heart to boot.

And then later hits someone hard. And then he will miss, and then he will cause a fumble, and then he will hit hard, and then he will miss.

We get it. We are just arguing that his positives outweigh his negatives.

I don't think he hits people hard frequently enough to make up for his missed tackles.

To me he's one of the most inconsistent players on that defense.

FD
I'm just going to go ahead and say it - you're a douche bag dude. A douche bag. You wine we don't like noobs, we love noobs, just not you.

Just remember, no matter how you try to rationalize it - it's not us, it's you. You're (putting it politely as possible) a douche.

rep

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 10:17 PM

Well thank God for small miracles, ass hat.

DA_T_84
05-26-2009, 10:20 PM
I don't think he hits people hard frequently enough to make up for his missed tackles.

To me he's one of the most inconsistent players on that defense.

I will take inconsistent over consistently bad ten times out of ten.

Count Zarth
05-26-2009, 10:23 PM
I will take inconsistent over consistently bad ten times out of ten.

Consistently bad players aren't in the frickin' LEAGUE.

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 10:25 PM

rep

And who the fuck are you two clowns again?

Now I remember; two people who might as well be non-existent as I never talk to you anyway.

Well, no great loss! Viya con dios! 4321

DA_T_84
05-26-2009, 10:28 PM
I beg to differ. They were on our defense last year sir.

And they were on the right side of our offensive line as well. DMac - two pancakes on one play does not make him inconsistent. He was consistently bad.

Tamba Hali was consistently bad last year. Brodie's half was okay. Devard Darling was consistently invisible.

I think they are in the league.

Mecca
05-26-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm surprised anything about Pollard doesn't have a mention of me considering how much I don't like him.

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm surprised anything about Pollard doesn't have a mention of me considering how much I don't like him.

Well, some things we can just take as the gospel without actually having to crack the book.:)

Count Zarth
05-26-2009, 10:43 PM

But you've never been right about anything....no....

BigRock
05-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Consistently bad players aren't in the frickin' LEAGUE.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2153/gregwesley.jpg

Count Zarth
05-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Oh BigRock....always there to hit where it hurts hardest....you scalawag!

mikey23545
05-26-2009, 11:10 PM
Unbelievable! ROFL

Claythan calling himself out with his alter ego dupe account!

This is just too much! ROFL

Does your desire for attention know no bounds, you little cumeater?

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 11:11 PM

Well, that's 32 so far minus my responses and brief interloping from the latest Ass Clown to introdouche himself to his new God.

So to recap:

Crazy Coffee = FAIL.

Thank you and GOODNIGHT!:clap:ROFL

MadMax
05-26-2009, 11:11 PM
THESE. I swear, I've seen Pollard be the last line of defense several times, chasing a guy 30 yards down field to put that guy out, when everyone else around him blew it big time.
The new scheme puts him in the box and opens up his play making ability. Pollard wants to be not just a great player, but a great Chief as well. I can't wait to see what he, DJ, and the other guys can do this year. Not to mention the fact that a pass-rush, if only effective at disrupting the opposing QB's timing, makes Flowers, Page, Leggitt, and Carr dangerous guys.

**** QB'S! VIVA DEFENSE, BITCHES!!!:cuss::D

Yes, Pollard made a lot of teams run one more play to score the td. :D

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Unbelievable! ROFL

Your ignorance is matched only by your FAIL.

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 11:15 PM
Yes, Pollard made a lot of teams run one more play to score the td. :D

:cuss::D

Dude; Herm and Gun. That's good for nothing except HOT Krispy Kreme donuts and FAIL.

Come on!!!!

Count Zarth
05-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Unbelievable! ROFL

Unbelievable!

Mikey still believes DCS and Claythan are the same person!

This is just too much!

Raised On Riots
05-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Unbelievable!

Mikey still believes DCS and Claythan are the same person!

This is just too much!

Mikey's douchiness is quite an enigma; he pops in every now and again to grace us with his "douche and run"-style of posting, then disappears off in to the nether( with his buddy "EBE The Grey" perhaps? ).

He doesn't even really bother me; I view him as sad, deranged, or a combination of the two.