PDA

View Full Version : General Politics This has gone on far enough, I've had it with these uppity homos.

jidar
05-27-2009, 09:54 AM
http://www.thepostgameshow.com/?p=658

The Movement to Protect Singing

My friends, I would like to speak to you today about singing, and the radical threat that could destroy the divine gift of song for all of us.

I refer, of course, to homosexuals.

It is time that laws were introduced to outlaw homosexuals from writing or performing songs. We must also formally enshrine the definition of song as “a lyrical and musical composition originated and performed by heterosexuals”.

The soundness of my reasoning is self-evident, but if you will indulge me, I will explain my position.

In brief, homosexual songs undermine the value and sanctity of singing. They harm our songs.

Singing is a gift given to us by God so that we can praise Him. Song is used as a means of expressing faith and worship. Any songs that deviate from this standard will inevitably sully the importance of songs as a means of expressing ourselves to God. For this reason, it is important that all songs be messages of faith, reverence, and sanctified love, either between man and God, or between a man and a woman.

Homosexual songs are by their nature heathen and spiritually bankrupt. They are often used to praise unnatural or harmful behaviour. One need only look at such songs as ‘Relax’ by Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Marc Almond’s version of ‘Tainted Love’, or ‘Anything Goes’ by Cole Porter, to see the menace they represent.

It is no exaggeration to say that many people do most or all of their singing in church. If we do not take a stand against the growing storm of homosexual singing, it is certain that some day in the near future churches will no longer be free to choose songs for their congregations to sing. Uplifting hymns such as ‘Amazing Grace’ and ‘Nearer My God To Thee’ will be replaced by decadent gay songs like ‘Fastlove’ and ‘Go West’. Can you imagine an evangelical assembly being forced to sing ‘Filthy/Gorgeous’ by the Scissor Sisters? It simply does not bear thinking about.

Of course, it is not just our churches that are under threat, but also our schools. Song is an important part of teaching, especially for the youngest and most impressionable children, who learn about the alphabet, mathematics, wildlife and even foreign languages through the medium of song. If we do not act now, teachers will soon be forced to teach children the lyrics to gay-themed songs such as ‘In The Navy’ and ‘Cowboys Are Frequently Secretly Fond of Each Other’. Do we really want our five-year-old sons and daughters to know that “[Candy] never lost her head even when she was giving head”? No we do not.

Nor is this the end of it. Shops that currently make a living selling religious books and music will soon be made to sell Queen and Ani DiFranco, or else they will be forced out of business all together. Churches will be obliged to rent out their property for rock concerts by The B-52s and Judas Priest. Adoption agencies will be made to give children up for adoption to people who own music by Tracy Chapman, Rufus Wainwright or Stephen Sondheim.

Then there is the fact that gay singers and musicians are frequently intrinsically unnatural. One need only look at Boy George or KD Lang to see that the singing of ‘gay’ music has a corrupting effect on traditional gender roles. The sounds made by the likes of Antony and The Johnsons and Sigur Ros are barely songs at all.

Indeed it is surely not too extreme to suggest that the ultimate aim of those who would seek to promote homosexual songs is to do away with the concept of singing altogether. It is a stealth movement that is fundamentally opposed to our musical values. If we accept homosexual songs, what next? Will we have to define the noise a goat makes as ’singing’?

Homosexuals do not even need singing. There are already plenty of perfectly good words that describe the noises that they make, such as ’screeching’, ‘yelling’ and ‘wailing’; they will still be permitted to use those words.

Some people say that homosexual songs make people happy or joyful, or they argue that homosexuals deserve the same right to sing and compose as everyone else. It has even been argued that the sale of homosexual songs can have some economic benefit.

This very much misses the point; this is not about an individual’s happiness or rights, or even about money; this is about protecting the religious freedoms on which our society was founded. If we challenge those foundations it will be a threat to family, liberty and the right of individual expression. This has nothing to do with equality and everything to do with respect for our sacred traditions. People may say that this proposal is intolerant, but surely the true act of intolerance would be to oppose narrowly defining an activity in a way that excludes people based on their differences?

So I call upon you all now to join me in my campaign. It is time to say no to David Bowie. Say no to Dusty Springfield. Say no to Linda Perry, and Aaron Copland, and REM. This is not about hating homosexuals; this is about protecting our music. Love the singer; hate the song.

MagicHef
05-27-2009, 10:05 AM
http://www.buttercupfestival.com/2-24.png

BigRedChief
05-27-2009, 10:22 AM
sorry, not picking up the pitchfork on this one. I still like Judas Priest's music despite the fact Halford likes the penis.

jidar
05-27-2009, 10:26 AM
sorry, not picking up the pitchfork on this one. I still like Judas Priest's music despite the fact Halford likes the penis.

But look at how gay this is making Michael Bolton. If it weren't for all the homosexuals singing, Michael Bolton would be the straightest person around with all the pussy he gets.

InChiefsHell
05-27-2009, 10:41 AM
I like Judas Priest. I like Queen. And David Bowie...oh shit...does that mean...?

Reaper16
05-27-2009, 10:44 AM
I like Judas Priest. I like Queen. And David Bowie...oh shit...does that mean...?
I love those artists. Do you want to come over to my house and put my penis in your mouth?

Garcia Bronco
05-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Except freedom of expression in speech is protected. The Government can make no law to infringe upon this.

Radar Chief
05-27-2009, 10:51 AM
ROFL This guy would probably gouge his eyes out with a spork if he saw this version of Tainted Love.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eTcPIAewhMg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eTcPIAewhMg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

vailpass
05-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Is it just me or are people missing the point of this article?

InChiefsHell
05-27-2009, 11:05 AM
I thought the article was a joke...

InChiefsHell
05-27-2009, 11:06 AM
I love those artists. Do you want to come over to my house and put my penis in your mouth?

Um, no. But thanks for the invite...

vailpass
05-27-2009, 11:10 AM
I thought the article was a joke...

The article gave me a sense of a pro gay marriage statement aching to burst forth like a show tune.

Radar Chief
05-27-2009, 11:14 AM
The article gave me a sense of a pro gay marriage statement aching to burst forth like a show tune.

I was going to ask if this came from the Onion. It reads like their brand of humor.

Pioli Zombie
05-27-2009, 09:38 PM
So.....marraige is just like singing???

Stew. Pit.
Posted via Mobile Device

SNR
05-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Aaron Copland was gay?