Mr. Arrowhead
05-31-2009, 10:52 AM
today at 3:30, Nov 23rd game against the Dolphins

Mr. Krab
05-31-2009, 10:53 AM
thanks

BigVE
05-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Funny, last year's Chiefs games are hardly EVER on NFLN. Nothing worth seeing again I guess.

chiefbowe82
05-31-2009, 11:19 AM
watching matt cassel throw to randy moss and wes welker is one thing, watching him throw to devard darling is another

Thig Lyfe
05-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Funny, last year's Chiefs games are hardly EVER on NFLN. Nothing worth seeing again I guess.

Mark Bradley throws a bomb to Tyler Thigpen for the touchdown!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

NO WAY THEY LOSE THIS GAME AFTER A PLAY LIKE THAT!!!

Thig Lyfe
05-31-2009, 11:43 AM
watching matt cassel throw to randy moss and wes welker is one thing, watching him throw to devard darling is another

I think he'll throw more often to Dwayne Bowe and ANQUAN BOLDIN!!!!

...or Matt Jones!!!

...or Mark Bradley if he's not injured!!

...or Bobby Engram if he hasn't died of old age!

..................or Jeff Webb :(

milkman
05-31-2009, 11:46 AM

Stupid posts like this are just....well......stupid.

Pioli Zombie
05-31-2009, 01:39 PM

Ok this is what cracks me up. If Cassel is successful and throws for 400 it gets dismissed. So if he only throws for 200 because he has no receivers that's a reflection on Cassel???

In 2006 before Brady had Moss and Welker do you think he threw 50 TDs and nearly 5,000 yards? Did that mean before 2007 Brady sucked?
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
05-31-2009, 01:51 PM

kind of like reading an intelligent poster is one thing, reading your posts is another....

FD
05-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Goddammit why dont I get NFLN. I've got nothing to do today.

doomy3
05-31-2009, 02:05 PM
Stupid posts like this are just....well......stupid.

Ok this is what cracks me up. If Cassel is successful and throws for 400 it gets dismissed. So if he only throws for 200 because he has no receivers that's a reflection on Cassel???

In 2006 before Brady had Moss and Welker do you think he threw 50 TDs and nearly 5,000 yards? Did that mean before 2007 Brady sucked?
Posted via Mobile Device

kind of like reading an intelligent poster is one thing, reader your posts is another....

Careful, you're all gonna be "negged" by KC_CHIEFS_06.

PastorMikH
05-31-2009, 02:17 PM
Anyone else thinking that Cassel has probably been replayed on NFLN more times this offseason than he will in the next 3-4 seasons combined?

Pioli Zombie
05-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Anyone else thinking that Cassel has probably been replayed on NFLN more times this offseason than he will in the next 3-4 seasons combined?

No.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
05-31-2009, 02:34 PM
This drive shows its not all about his receivers. This is more about Matt Cassel
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Arrowhead
05-31-2009, 02:50 PM
2 things i have noticed is Cassel is very accurate on the run and his arm strength is very underated

Pioli Zombie
05-31-2009, 02:53 PM
2 things i have noticed is Cassel is very accurate on the run and his arm strength is very underated

Agreed. His decision making is above average as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
05-31-2009, 02:59 PM
Agreed. His decision making is above average as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

His reads and decision making really improved in the latter half of the season.

RiversRunRed
05-31-2009, 03:01 PM
seems to me the patriots d is a little overrated watching pennington pick them apart

milkman
05-31-2009, 03:03 PM
seems to me the patriots d is a little overrated watching pennington pick them apart

The Pats D last year was very giving, compared to years past.

Pioli Zombie
05-31-2009, 03:03 PM

It was last year for sure. As I've said, even with Brady, they would have been 12-4 at best last year because their defense was just not that good.
Posted via Mobile Device

RiversRunRed
05-31-2009, 03:07 PM
Also like cassel's decision making under pressure when the rusher went by unblocked

rashid242
05-31-2009, 03:15 PM
It was last year for sure. As I've said, even with Brady, they would have been 12-4 at best last year because their defense was just not that good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Agreed but with Brady they still had punchers chance at a Super Bowl. I think Cassel gets exposed last year in his first playoff.

However the Miami Game is by far Cassel's best. He didn't make one bad read the entire game. The Dolphins blitzed him twice as much as opponent they entire year according to the Boston Globe.

He burned them every which way. This game made me think there might be something there in Cassel. I mean you might can win a Super Bowl with this guy there.

RiversRunRed
05-31-2009, 03:15 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, their secondary seems especially porous. It just perturbs me a little to see media pundits proclaim the patriots superbowl favorites already when we haven't even hit camps yet. Last i checked the steelers won the superbowl and the patriots didnt make the playoffs without brady.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-31-2009, 03:22 PM
wow thats how you throw a fade pass

RiversRunRed
05-31-2009, 03:23 PM
lol, even deardufous agrees

milkman
05-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah, their secondary seems especially porous. It just perturbs me a little to see media pundits proclaim the patriots superbowl favorites already when we haven't even hit camps yet. Last i checked the steelers won the superbowl and the patriots didnt make the playoffs without brady.

I agree.

The Steelers still have one of the best defenses in the league, and Ben Roethlisberger is really emerging as a franchise QB who can make plays when he needs to.

Huffman83
05-31-2009, 03:31 PM
The more I actually sit and watch Cassel play.....the more I hope it works in KC. Please....don't be Scott Mitchell or Elvis Grbac....Please!?

rashid242
05-31-2009, 03:36 PM
I agree.

The Steelers still have one of the best defenses in the league, and Ben Roethlisberger is really emerging as a franchise QB who can make plays when he needs to.

One problem with that. I think Brady has beaten the Steelers 4 out of 5 times with 2 300 yard games & 2 400 yard games I believe.

He beat them in 2 AFC Championships in Pittsburgh's backyard.

It's a bad matchup for Pittsburgh. He just shreds them for some reason.

milkman
The more I actually sit and watch Cassel play.....the more I hope it works in KC. Please....don't be Scott Mitchell or Elvis Grbac....Please!?

The biggest reasons for the failures of Mitchell and GrBac is the lack of brains and mental toughness.

Pioli Zombie
Mitchell and Grbac never showed that kind of ability.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
05-31-2009, 03:42 PM
One problem with that. I think Brady has beaten the Steelers 4 out of 5 times with 2 300 yard games & 2 400 yard games I believe.

He beat them in 2 AFC Championships in Pittsburgh's backyard.

It's a bad matchup for Pittsburgh. He just shreds them for some reason.

If they meet in the playoffs this year, I think it's possible that we might see the passing of the torch, so to speak.

I think in today's NFL, with the rules so slanted toward offense, guys like Brady and Manning are going to shred even the best defenses.

All you can hope for as a fan of the team, or of defense, is that your defense can make a couple of plays that make a difference.

The way that Roethlisberger is emerging and maturing, a Steeler-Patriot matchup could be epic.

milkman
05-31-2009, 03:43 PM
That PI against Goodman right there was fucking pathetic, and Dierdorf's explanation was equally as pathetic.

Really highlights what I was just saying.

Offenses are given every advantage.

Huffman83
05-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Mitchell and Grbac never showed that kind of ability.
Posted via Mobile Device

Very true. So far he's showing some great talent, and while I don't think he has a rocket arm. He still makes really good throws and has a cool head when it comes to the pocket collapsing on him.

The more I watch him the more I'm not thinking he isn't a single season fluke.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Very true. So far he's showing some great talent, and while I don't think he has a rocket arm. He still makes really good throws and has a cool head when it comes to the pocket collapsing on him.

The more I watch him the more I'm not thinking he isn't a single season fluke.
I would take a above average arm who makes good quick decision (Cassel) over a guy who has a rocket arm but dont know what the hell he is doing (croyle) any day of the week.

rashid242
05-31-2009, 03:48 PM
If they meet in the playoffs this year, I think it's possible that we might see the passing of the torch, so to speak.

I think in today's NFL, with the rules so slanted toward offense, guys like Brady and Manning are going to shred even the best defenses.

All you can hope for as a fan of the team, or of defense, is that your defense can make a couple of plays that make a difference.

The way that Roethlisberger is emerging and maturing, a Steeler-Patriot matchup could be epic.

Manning doesn't shred the Steelers. He's beaten them but I can only think of one big game he had against them in 05 only to get beat by them in the playoffs.

Tom Brady specifically shreds the Steelers. He's had one bad game against them & that was in early 04 only for him to shred them in the AFC Championship in Pittsburgh.

I do agree it's a game I want to see but the edge as of now clearly goes to the Patriots.

Huffman83
05-31-2009, 03:49 PM
I would take a above average arm who makes good quick decision (Cassel) over a guy who has a rocket arm but dont know what the hell he is doing (croyle) any day of the week.

I'll take the Qb w/ an average arm that can take a hit and finish the game.

milkman
05-31-2009, 03:51 PM
Manning doesn't shred the Steelers. He's beaten them but I can only think of one big game he had against them in 05 only to get beat by them in the playoffs.

Tom Brady specifically shreds the Steelers. He's had one bad game against them & that was in early 04 only for him to shred them in the AFC Championship in Pittsburgh.

I do agree it's a game I want to see but the edge as of now clearly goes to the Patriots.

You're right.

Manning has a tendency to play his worst games against tough defenses that get a lot of hits on him.

He lacks the toughness that Brady possesses.

Huffman83
05-31-2009, 03:53 PM
You're right.

Manning has a tendency to play his worst games against tough defenses that get a lot of hits on him.

He lacks the toughness that Brady possesses.

Pending low tackles by strong safety's.:D

BigRock
05-31-2009, 03:57 PM
wow thats how you throw a fade pass

Nobody tell Gailey.

Pioli Zombie
05-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Patriots 3 titles in the decade. Steelers 2 titles.
A CBS dream all year long. The year long build up will be like it was in the early 90's for 49ers-Cowboys.
Posted via Mobile Device

ModSocks
05-31-2009, 04:16 PM
kind of like reading an intelligent poster is one thing, reading your posts is another....

Ouch
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Krab
05-31-2009, 06:07 PM
The best i've seen Cassel play.