PDA

View Full Version : Electronics New HDMI Cables coming out...wish Hamas was here to explain this to me...

Buck
06-01-2009, 03:20 PM
COME BACK HAMAS

(if your already back then I've missed out)

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20/2009/05/30/new-hdmi-14-spec-could-lead-to-consumer-confusion/

Saulbadguy
06-01-2009, 05:00 PM
What's to explain? The new cables can support more shit than the old ones.

JD10367
06-01-2009, 06:01 PM
"The old cables were a ridiculously expensive @#$^ing ripoff."

"Now, we are proud to announce these new super-duper HDMI cables. They will be even MORE expensive and even MORE of a #@^&ing ripoff."

I think that pretty much covers it.

Saulbadguy
06-01-2009, 06:04 PM
"The old cables were a ridiculously expensive @#$^ing ripoff."

"Now, we are proud to announce these new super-duper HDMI cables. They will be even MORE expensive and even MORE of a #@^&ing ripoff."

I think that pretty much covers it.

Unless you get them from monoprice.com...:)

Buck
06-01-2009, 06:10 PM
www.monoprice.com

Last week I bought 3 6' HDMI Cables, 1 25' Ethernet Cable, and 2 15' USB to Mini USB B Cables for $21 (including shipping).

Frazod
06-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Unless you get them from monoprice.com...:)

Monoprice rocks. I haven't paid retail for any sort of cable in a couple of years now. I'm sure that's saved me hundreds of dollars. :thumb:

Saulbadguy
06-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Monoprice rocks. I haven't paid retail for any sort of cable in a couple of years now. I'm sure that's saved me hundreds of dollars. :thumb:

I bought a television at Nebraska Furniture Mart a few months back. I didn't have an HDMI cable so I was kind of wanting one so I could hook things up when I got home with it - I asked what their cheapest HDMI cable was. $40. Good lord. I waited and ordered a few HDMI cables from Monoprice for a few bucks a piece. :)

Buck
06-01-2009, 06:21 PM
One beef I do have with monoprice is that anytime I need to buy any kind of cable, I always end up buying 3 HDMI cables, even if I don't need them. I probably have about 8 6' HDMI cables laying around. Although they come in handy when a friend gets a new HDTV and doesn't realize they need an HDMI Cable.

Frazod
06-01-2009, 06:28 PM
I bought a television at Nebraska Furniture Mart a few months back. I didn't have an HDMI cable so I was kind of wanting one so I could hook things up when I got home with it - I asked what their cheapest HDMI cable was. $40. Good lord. I waited and ordered a few HDMI cables from Monoprice for a few bucks a piece. :)

It seems retailers like Best Buy and Tiger Direct mark that shit up about 1000% - that's where they make most of their profit. But not from me.

DaFace
06-01-2009, 07:01 PM
It seems retailers like Best Buy and Tiger Direct mark that shit up about 1000% - that's where they make most of their profit. But not from me.

You're probably pretty close on that estimate. When I worked at Office Supply Store X, the store cost for a 10ft "gold series" USB cable was $2.64. They sold for $30.

I always felt bad selling people cables because I knew they could get them online for next to nothing.

Frazod
06-01-2009, 07:40 PM
You're probably pretty close on that estimate. When I worked at Office Supply Store X, the store cost for a 10ft "gold series" USB cable was $2.64. They sold for $30.

I always felt bad selling people cables because I knew they could get them online for next to nothing.

I'll bet you forgot all about it when you cashed your paycheck, though. :D

1000% does seem about right. The old adage, "buyer beware," definitely applies in this case. God knows I spent a fortune on that shit before I found monoprice. I think I first heard about it on here.