Transcript on CNN.com.

Where's the videos?

mikey23545
06-04-2009, 06:42 AM
:LOL:

LMAO

Direckshun
06-04-2009, 06:45 AM
Foxnews.com has split up the speech into four videos.

If anybody can find one single video of the entire thing, they've got rep coming their way.

BigRedChief
06-04-2009, 07:38 AM
Transcript on CNN.com.

Where's the videos?
Transcript link:
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/06/04/obama.anewbeginning.pdf

***SPRAYER
06-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Did he mention anything about his “overseas contingency operation” ?

:drool:

patteeu
06-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Foxnews.com has split up the speech into four videos.

If anybody can find one single video of the entire thing, they've got rep coming their way.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/04/obama-egypt-speech-video_n_211216.html

Don't forget your tissues and Jergens.

blaise
06-04-2009, 08:23 AM
I'm expecting to see a "Obama Dazzles With Egypt Speech" thread in about 15 minutes.

SBK
06-04-2009, 08:43 AM
I heard he stoned his wife after the speech to show how much the USA is just like Egypt.
Posted via Mobile Device

nstygma
06-04-2009, 08:49 AM

vid on that site isn't working for me, maybe they're overloaded
here's a youtube embed

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6BlqLwCKkeY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6BlqLwCKkeY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

***SPRAYER
06-04-2009, 08:53 AM
A+ for reading the teleprompter™

HonestChieffan
06-04-2009, 08:58 AM
See Jews.
See Bus.
Roll Jews under Bus.

The crowd goes wild.

Never say the T word.
9-11
9-11 bad
9-11 made america a mean and bad country for a while.
Obama make friends now.
Share beads, ask for trinket box.

I feel your pain.
I am one of you.
I am one of all.
Have you bought my books?

Chief Henry
06-04-2009, 09:01 AM
See Jews.
See Bus.
Roll Jews under Bus.

The crowd goes wild.

Never say the T word.
9-11
9-11 bad
9-11 made america a mean and bad country for a while.
Obama make friends now.
Share beads, ask for trinket box.

I feel your pain.
I am one of you.
I am one of all.
Have you bought my books?

LMAO

BigRedChief
06-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Doesn't sound like an apology speech to me.....
Exerpts:

The first issue that we have to confront is violent extremism in all of its forms.<O:p</O:p
In <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Ankara</st1:City>, I made clear that <st1:country-region w:st="on">America </st1:country-region></ST1:pis not -- and never will be -- at war with Islam(Applause.) We will, however, relentlessly confront violent extremists who pose a grave threat to our security -- because we reject the same thing that people of all faiths reject the killing of innocent men, women, and children. And it is my first duty as President to protect the American people
----------------------------------------------------------------------
So I have known Islam on three continents before coming to the region where it was firstrevealed. That experience guides my conviction that partnership between <ST1:p<st1:country-region w:st="on">America </st1:country-region></ST1:pand Islam must be based on what Islam is, not what it isn't. And I consider it part of my responsibility as President of the <ST1:p<st1:country-region w:st="on">United States</st1:country-region></ST1:p to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear. (Applause.)

<O:p</O:p
<O:p
But that same principle must apply to Muslim perceptions of <ST1:p<st1:country-region w:st="on">America</st1:country-region></ST1:p (Applause.) Just as Muslims do not fit a crude stereotype, <ST1:p<st1:country-region w:st="on">America </st1:country-region></ST1:pis not the crude stereotype of a selfinterest empire. The <ST1:p<st1:country-region w:st="on">United States </st1:country-region></ST1:phas been one of the greatest sources of progress that the world has ever known. We were born out of revolution against an empire. We were founded upon the ideal that all are created equal, and we have shed blood and struggled for centuries to give meaning to those words -- within our borders, and around the world.<O:p</O:pWe are shaped by every culture, drawn from every end of the Earth, and dedicated to a simple concept: E pluribus unum -- "Out of many, one."

SBK
06-04-2009, 09:32 AM
I can't believe he didn't apologize to the Egyptians for Moses stealing the Jews out of slavery a few thousand years ago.

mlyonsd
06-04-2009, 09:33 AM
I like he snuck in a little blurb about Iraq there..... We were founded upon the ideal that all are created equal, and we have shed blood and struggled for centuries to give meaning to those words -- within our borders, and around the world.:clap:

blaise
06-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Doesn't sound like an apology speech to me.....
Exerpts:

The first issue that we have to confront is violent extremism in all of its forms.<O:p</O:p
In <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Ankara</st1:City>, I made clear that <st1:country-region w:st="on">America </st1:country-region></ST1:pis not -- and never will be -- at war with Islam(Applause.) We will, however, relentlessly confront violent extremists who pose a grave threat to our security -- because we reject the same thing that people of all faiths reject the killing of innocent men, women, and children. And it is my first duty as President to protect the American people
----------------------------------------------------------------------
So I have known Islam on three continents before coming to the region where it was firstrevealed. That experience guides my conviction that partnership between <ST1:p<st1:country-region w:st="on">America </st1:country-region></ST1:pand Islam must be based on what Islam is, not what it isn't. And I consider it part of my responsibility as President of the <ST1:p<st1:country-region w:st="on">United States</st1:country-region></ST1:p to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear. (Applause.)

<O:p</O:p
<O:p
But that same principle must apply to Muslim perceptions of <ST1:p<st1:country-region w:st="on">America</st1:country-region></ST1:p (Applause.) Just as Muslims do not fit a crude stereotype, <ST1:p<st1:country-region w:st="on">America </st1:country-region></ST1:pis not the crude stereotype of a selfinterest empire. The <ST1:p<st1:country-region w:st="on">United States </st1:country-region></ST1:phas been one of the greatest sources of progress that the world has ever known. We were born out of revolution against an empire. We were founded upon the ideal that all are created equal, and we have shed blood and struggled for centuries to give meaning to those words -- within our borders, and around the world.<O:p</O:pWe are shaped by every culture, drawn from every end of the Earth, and dedicated to a simple concept: E pluribus unum -- "Out of many, one."

I like what he said, unfortunately I think a lot of people in that region look beyond any of those words and just see us tied to Isreal and that's all they want to know.

the Talking Can
06-04-2009, 09:46 AM
http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/04/full-video-of-obamas-cairo-speech/

full speech

amazing, brave speech....

***SPRAYER
06-04-2009, 09:48 AM
I can't believe he didn't apologize to the Egyptians for Moses stealing the Jews out of slavery a few thousand years ago.

Reparations™

BigRedChief
06-04-2009, 09:51 AM
vid on that site isn't working for me, maybe they're overloaded
here's a youtube embed

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/6BlqLwCKkeY&hl=en&fs=1& width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>
another link to the video
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/vp/31101164#31101164

Garcia Bronco
06-04-2009, 09:52 AM
I don't like Obama's Economic Policies, but he delivered a good speech.

mlyonsd
06-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Read the speech, it was good.

The only thing I'd nitpick on was the statement that some in the west consider women that cover their hair as somehow less equal.

I don't think I've ever witnessed that.

BigChiefFan
06-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I've been a little disappointed with Obama lately, but this was a good speech.

HonestChieffan
06-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Bet this made the Jews do a happy dance...

"At the same time, Israelis must acknowledge that just as Israel's right to exist cannot be denied, neither can Palestine. The United States does not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlements" on the West Bank and outskirts of Jerusalem, he said. "It is time for these settlements to stop."

Guess Barak Huessein does not recall he is not the President of Israel. Pretty arrogant to lecture the Israelis then tell the muslims how they need to live..But his objective was not to show pride in America.

"...And while America in the past has focused on oil and gas in this part of the world, we now seek a broader engagement.

On education, we will expand exchange programs, and increase scholarships, like the one that brought my father to America, while encouraging more Americans to study in Muslim communities. And we will match promising Muslim students with internships in America; invest in on-line learning for teachers and children around the world; and create a new online network, so a teenager in Kansas can communicate instantly with a teenager in Cairo."

In the meantime Harrisonville Missouri needs an Early Childhood Development center but they can pound saudi sand in their butt cause we want to bring more of you fine folks to study in Amerika. If communication is so important then why doesn't Barak baby fund Spanish Language calasses and English as a second language right here at home first. And there are a few teachers in the good old US of A who could use a little extra in the old paycheck...but nooooooooooooooooo.

"On economic development, we will create a new corps of business volunteers to partner with counterparts in Muslim-majority countries. And I will host a Summit on Entrepreneurship this year to identify how we can deepen ties between business leaders, foundations and social entrepreneurs in the United States and Muslim communities around the world."

Okie dokie...lets think this out. Business volunteers. Who would these fine folks be and why would they do it for free? If Im a business volunteer Ill be a business volunteer helping some guy in good old Missouri get his thing going. But I know, no small business folks here need help. In fact we can tax em to death then they can be a volunteer with experience.

Would we consider a summit to build business within our borders to help our ailing economy and provide jobs for people here at home....silly assed idea.

"On science and technology, we will launch a new fund to support technological development in Muslim-majority countries, and to help transfer ideas to the marketplace so they can create jobs. We will open centers of scientific excellence in Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia, and appoint new Science Envoys to collaborate on programs that develop new sources of energy, create green jobs, digitize records, clean water, and grow new crops. And today I am announcing a new global effort with the Organization of the Islamic Conference to eradicate polio. And we will also expand partnerships with Muslim communities to promote child and maternal health."

So...we are gonna string lights into caves in the desert so bedowins have air conditioning? Be some good opportunities for electricians there.

Center for Scientific Excellence in Africa....Id start with Darfur and Somalia. If we can just get them to share their discoveries with us.

Yo, Barak....green jobs and new sources of energy....may wanna think through that. The old dude in the white gown behind you is in the oil bidness.

Maybe you could have sold them on the idea of buying our crops grown by American farmers sorta like we are not gonna drill for oil so we can keep having to kiss every mideast butt so we can get oil.

Good deal on that polio issue. Like Egypt cant afford to buy the vaccine?

I know Im being hard on the guy. He gives a hellofaspeech. But good lord people, when do we start to see a man who is into solving American problems and being proud of being an American.

the Talking Can
06-04-2009, 11:22 AM
I know Im being hard on the guy. He gives a hellofaspeech. But good lord people, when do we start to see a man who is into solving American problems and being proud of being an American.

when you open your eyes.....

BigRedChief
06-04-2009, 11:32 AM

"At the same time, Israelis must acknowledge that just as Israel's right to exist cannot be denied, neither can Palestine. The United States does not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlements" on the West Bank and outskirts of Jerusalem, he said. "It is time for these settlements to stop."

Guess Barak Huessein does not recall he is not the President of Israel. Pretty arrogant to lecture the Israelis then tell the muslims how they need to live..But his objective was not to show pride in America.
You take our money. You take shelter in the military and political umbrella of the U.S. we have a right to our opinion, not dictate.

Having lived in Israel for a year and a half, I can tell you without a doubt that when push comes to shove the Isreali's will never do anything regardless of the consequenses if its not in their best interests.

BTW, seems to me there was a lot of pride in America and its accomplishments in the speech. You should read it or see it before posting lame bashing posts.

HonestChieffan
06-04-2009, 11:49 AM
I read it word for word. Its a sales pitch and at best its all air...well deliverd, superbly written abnd as empty as his suit. Get real. For gods sake...

Donger
06-04-2009, 11:50 AM
"We are willing to move forward (on Iran) without preconditions on the basis of mutual respect"

This should be fun.

Garcia Bronco
06-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Here are some Bush/Obama Comparisons:

Obama said this:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Finally, the Arab States must recognize that the Arab Peace Initiative was an important beginning, but not the end of their responsibilities. The Arab-Israeli conflict should no longer be used to distract the people of Arab nations from other problems. Instead, it must be a cause for action to help the Palestinian people develop the institutions that will sustain their state; to recognize Israel’s legitimacy; and to choose progress over a self-defeating focus on the past. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bush said this:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">We must stand with the Palestinian people, who have suffered for decades and earned the right to be a homeland of their own -- have a homeland of their own. I strongly support a two-state solution -- a democratic Palestine based on law and justice that will live with peace and security alongside a democrat Israel. I believe that the Palestinian people will build a thriving democracy in which entrepreneurs pursue their dreams, and families own their homes in lively communities, and young people grow up with hope in the future. Arab states, especially oil-rich nations, must seize this opportunity to invest aggressively in the Palestinian people and to move past their old resentments against Israel.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Obama said this:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">America’s strong bonds with Israel are well known. This bond is unbreakable. It is based upon cultural and historical ties, and the recognition that the aspiration for a Jewish homeland is rooted in a tragic history that cannot be denied.
Around the world, the Jewish people were persecuted for centuries, and anti-Semitism in Europe culminated in an unprecedented Holocaust. Tomorrow, I will visit Buchenwald, which was part of a network of camps where Jews were enslaved, tortured, shot and gassed to death by the Third Reich. Six million Jews were killed – more than the entire Jewish population of Israel today. Denying that fact is baseless, ignorant, and hateful. Threatening Israel with destruction – or repeating vile stereotypes about Jews – is deeply wrong, and only serves to evoke in the minds of Israelis this most painful of memories while preventing the peace that the people of this region deserve.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bush said this:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">The alliance between our governments is unbreakable, yet the source of our friendship runs deeper than any treaty. It is grounded in the shared spirit of our people, the bonds of the Book, the ties of the soul. When William Bradford stepped off the Mayflower in 1620, he quoted the words of Jeremiah: "Come let us declare in Zion the word of God." The founders of my country saw a new promised land and bestowed upon their towns names like Bethlehem and New Canaan. And in time, many Americans became passionate advocates for a Jewish state. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

blaise
06-04-2009, 12:29 PM
But Bush didn't mean it. Obama said it with hope.

KcFanInGA
06-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah, Bush didn't have a cool slogan like "Change you can belieeeeeve in".

***SPRAYER
06-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Yeah, Bush didn't have a cool slogan like "Change you can belieeeeeve in".

The moonbats cognitive dissonance must be burning up millions of synapses between the axons right about now.

:drool:

BigChiefFan
06-04-2009, 01:07 PM
But Bush didn't mean it. Obama said it with hope.So you agree, it was a good speech?;)

***SPRAYER
06-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Just something I noticed...

When B.O. and his media arm talks about the "Muslim" world...

As opposed to what?

blaise
06-04-2009, 01:34 PM
So you agree, it was a good speech?;)

I do. I said it somewhere earlier in the thread.

BigRedChief
06-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Just something I noticed...

When B.O. and his media arm talks about the "Muslim" world...

As opposed to what?
First writer with a "arab"/"Muslim" background column I've read.
(CNN) -- Opening the Muslim-world leg of the "Audacity of Hope" world tour with the universal Islamic greeting "Assalamu alaikum" (May peace be with you) to thunderous applause, President Obama began his long-awaited major address by going straight to many of our pressing geopolitical issues.
He spoke from the hallowed halls of Cairo University in the heart of one of the largest Islamic capitals in the world.

From beginning to end, President Obama's speech was a concert of enlightenment compared to President George W. Bush's famous farewell news conference in the Muslim world (which resulted in two Iraqi size-10 shoes being boomeranged toward his head).

From the issues of violent Muslim extremism to the growth of the neo-racism known worldwide as Islamophobia; from Israel-Palestine to his overall Iraq and "Af-Pak" (Afghanistan-Pakistan) strategy, President Obama (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/Barack_Obama) successfully used his Cairo speech to lay out his framework for several key foreign policy issues.

Additionally, with major sections of his address covering women's rights, democratic reforms and nuclear weapons, President Obama devoted much of his 40-plus-minute speech to offering concrete and tangible policy initiatives that he plans to implement in the near future.

The rest here:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06/04/iftikhar.obama.cairo/index.html

***SPRAYER
06-04-2009, 01:55 PM
First writer with a "arab"/"Muslim" background column I've read.
(CNN) -- Opening the Muslim-world leg of the "Audacity of Hope" world tour with the universal Islamic greeting "Assalamu alaikum" (May peace be with you) to thunderous applause, President Obama began his long-awaited major address by going straight to many of our pressing geopolitical issues.
He spoke from the hallowed halls of Cairo University in the heart of one of the largest Islamic capitals in the world.

From beginning to end, President Obama's speech was a concert of enlightenment compared to President George W. Bush's famous farewell news conference in the Muslim world (which resulted in two Iraqi size-10 shoes being boomeranged toward his head).

From the issues of violent Muslim extremism to the growth of the neo-racism known worldwide as Islamophobia; from Israel-Palestine to his overall Iraq and "Af-Pak" (Afghanistan-Pakistan) strategy, President Obama (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/Barack_Obama) successfully used his Cairo speech to lay out his framework for several key foreign policy issues.

Additionally, with major sections of his address covering women's rights, democratic reforms and nuclear weapons, President Obama devoted much of his 40-plus-minute speech to offering concrete and tangible policy initiatives that he plans to implement in the near future.

The rest here:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06/04/iftikhar.obama.cairo/index.html

That's not what I asked. He addressed the "Muslim world"...

What world was he representing? How many other "worlds" are there? Is the "muslim world" a monolith?

KcFanInGA
06-04-2009, 02:12 PM
I like how he bragged on his Muslim heritage, when during the election he denied it. This man is a puppet.

BigRedChief
06-04-2009, 02:14 PM
I like how he bragged on his Muslim heritage, when during the election he denied it. This man is a puppet.
OMG a politician pandering to his audience. Color me shocked.

***SPRAYER
06-04-2009, 02:15 PM

It's amazing, the man has no principles. None.

***SPRAYER
06-04-2009, 02:16 PM
OMG a politician pandering to his audience. Color me shocked.

And neither do his supporters.

JohnnyV13
06-04-2009, 07:48 PM
I actually thought it was an excellent speech, and I'm not really all that fond of Obama. A lot of the things it said were true, such as our problems with supporting repressive regimes that advance our short term interests, and how many Islamic regimes use Israel to distract their populaces from their own internal problems.

What he says about Irael/Palestine is nothing but common sense. Israel is not going away. Neither is Palestine. Palestinians need a homeland or this thing will never end. Israeli settlements don't help the situation.

His discussion of the nuclear conflict between the US and Iran is not nearly as good. On a conceptual level, the international nuclear non-proliferation treaty is something of a joke. At its core, it basically says we (the nuclear club) have them, you don't, and we won't let you have them because more nations having nukes is dangerous.

That's wonderful if you have nukes. But, when you get pushed around by countries that have them, when you don't, it rather sucks.

So, I actually have some sympathy for Iran's pursuit of nuclear weapons. I wouldn't like it if Israel had them and I didn't, and the Israeli's haven't exactly been shy about using force to back up its policies.

But, in the real world, the idea of the middle east loaded with nuclear powers scares the bjesus out of me. That's a powder keg just waiting for an explosion that would make the interlocking treaties of WWI look like a wet firecracker.

I am VERY cynical about Obama's pledge to seek a world where NO ONE has nuclear weapons. Yet, its a pledge that Obama makes because of America's huge conventional weapons superiority compared to the rest of the world. If anything, a non nuclear world would probably favor american power.

prhom
06-04-2009, 07:56 PM

Rachel Maddow is waaaay ahead of you, minus the tissues of course!

***SPRAYER
06-05-2009, 04:57 AM

During the presidential campaign it became forbidden to draw any attention to candidate Obama’s Muslim heritage. Obama himself attacked any suggestion he had Muslim roots. Even GOP nominee John McCain publicly disavowed the use of Obama’s middle name, Hussein.

McCain’s refusal to talk about Obama’s Muslim background was somewhat understandable given that whenever conservatives mentioned it even indirectly they were lambasted in the media as bigoted fear-mongers or worse. I was interviewed by the BBC last October and found myself in a half-hour shouting match because I dared to use the President’s middle name. So much has changed since the campaign. In the post-November 4 world, President Obama is emphasizing his Islamic heritage as if it were one of his greatest assets. -Gary Bauer

Comanche
06-05-2009, 06:39 AM
I heard he stoned his wife after the speech to show how much the USA is just like Egypt.
Posted via Mobile Device

props! :clap:

Comanche
06-05-2009, 06:44 AM

"...And while America in the past has focused on oil and gas in this part of the world, we now seek a broader engagement.

On education, we will expand exchange programs, and increase scholarships, like the one that brought my father to America, while encouraging more Americans to study in Muslim communities. And we will match promising Muslim students with internships in America; invest in on-line learning for teachers and children around the world; and create a new online network, so a teenager in Kansas can communicate instantly with a teenager in Cairo."

In the meantime Harrisonville Missouri needs an Early Childhood Development center but they can pound saudi sand in their butt cause we want to bring more of you fine folks to study in Amerika. If communication is so important then why doesn't Barak baby fund Spanish Language calasses and English as a second language right here at home first. And there are a few teachers in the good old US of A who could use a little extra in the old paycheck...but nooooooooooooooooo.

"On economic development, we will create a new corps of business volunteers to partner with counterparts in Muslim-majority countries. And I will host a Summit on Entrepreneurship this year to identify how we can deepen ties between business leaders, foundations and social entrepreneurs in the United States and Muslim communities around the world."

Okie dokie...lets think this out. Business volunteers. Who would these fine folks be and why would they do it for free? If Im a business volunteer Ill be a business volunteer helping some guy in good old Missouri get his thing going. But I know, no small business folks here need help. In fact we can tax em to death then they can be a volunteer with experience.

Would we consider a summit to build business within our borders to help our ailing economy and provide jobs for people here at home....silly assed idea.

"On science and technology, we will launch a new fund to support technological development in Muslim-majority countries, and to help transfer ideas to the marketplace so they can create jobs. We will open centers of scientific excellence in Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia, and appoint new Science Envoys to collaborate on programs that develop new sources of energy, create green jobs, digitize records, clean water, and grow new crops. And today I am announcing a new global effort with the Organization of the Islamic Conference to eradicate polio. And we will also expand partnerships with Muslim communities to promote child and maternal health."

So...we are gonna string lights into caves in the desert so bedowins have air conditioning? Be some good opportunities for electricians there.

Center for Scientific Excellence in Africa....Id start with Darfur and Somalia. If we can just get them to share their discoveries with us.

Yo, Barak....green jobs and new sources of energy....may wanna think through that. The old dude in the white gown behind you is in the oil bidness.

Maybe you could have sold them on the idea of buying our crops grown by American farmers sorta like we are not gonna drill for oil so we can keep having to kiss every mideast butt so we can get oil.

Good deal on that polio issue. Like Egypt cant afford to buy the vaccine?

Great post! Thanks! :clap:

Comanche
06-05-2009, 06:48 AM
It's amazing, the man has no principles. None.

Exactly! Good post! :clap:

patteeu
06-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Did anyone notice the way that Obama linked the Palestinians, the Israelis, and the Iranians to 9/11 by speaking of them in the same speech?

mlyonsd
06-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Did anyone notice the way that Obama linked the Palestinians, the Israelis, and the Iranians to 9/11 by speaking of them in the same speech?

LMAO

Hog Farmer
06-06-2009, 06:17 AM
Bush said this : It's our way or the highway. We will kill you in the name of peace.

Obama said this : The United States has been leader of the world for far too long. We think it's Iran and North Koreas turn.

memyselfI
06-06-2009, 08:01 AM

It was an inconvenient truth...

patteeu
06-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Vapid and weak on policy. Absurd in terms of moral equivalence.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bM1QigkSH8E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bM1QigkSH8E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

On the one hand, the US has instances where a university fails to fulfill it's duties to fully fund the women's lacrosse team under Title IX and on the other hand, women are beaten for showing their ankle in Saudi Arabia or stoned to death for adultery in Iran. LMAO