PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Waters: Im Glad To Be Here

Tribal Warfare
06-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Waters: Im Glad To Be Here (http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/waters-im-glad-to-be-here.html)
June 5, 2009 - Bob Gretz |

From the Truman Sports Complex

The last time Brian Waters was inside the Chiefs facilities things apparently did not go so well. Reportedly he and head coach Todd Haley had a conversation that left the Chiefs guard upset and wanting to be traded.

Things were a bit better on Friday morning as Waters was with the team for their first practice of mini-camp.

When its time for business, I try to take care of it at that time and when its time for football, I try to take care of it at that time, Waters said. This weekend is about football.

Im glad to be here with my teammates. I dont know whats going to happen in the future. Whatever happens in the future is going to be between me and the organization. As of today, Im a Kansas City Chief.

When asked if he wanted to be part of the Chiefs, Waters answer wasnt very definitive.

Today I do, thats why Im here, Waters said. If I didnt, I wouldnt be here. If that changes, then the right people will be notified.

Waters said he would talk about football and did not answer questions about the earlier meeting with Haley. He was specifically asked if he was seeking a trade and waved off the question.

As to why hes not been around the team through the off-season, Waters said that was nothing new.

Im never here in the off-season, Waters said. This idea of me skipping OTAs, skipping workouts because of some other thing is not true. Im rarely here in the off-season. Im always here for mandatory things. Im almost never here for the OTAs or off-season program. I wanted to make sure to clear that up.

Waters did admit that hes nowhere near in the physical condition of his teammates who have been part of the off-season work at the Chiefs facility.

From what I understand these guys have been working intensely hard, Waters said. Theres no way you can do the same thing. Ive been doing what I need to do to maintain. I feel like I definitely have to improve my workouts going into training camp.

About the only emotion Waters showed came when he addressed his no-show at a First Downs for Downs Syndrome event on Wednesday evening. The FDDS charity is something the Chiefs offensive line has been involved with for years and Waters has been very active with the group.

I had no idea that the charity (event) was going on at that particular date and time, Waters said. I hadnt communicated with anybody and nobody had communicated with me. To think that I would skip out of a charity event that I was involved in for any reason is really not my style, its really not my character.

Micjones
06-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Okay. Now let's move on.
Hopefully he steps his workouts up (as I'm sure he normally does) and is ready to go when camp rolls around.

Sure-Oz
06-05-2009, 02:44 PM
He doesn't want to be here, he's full of it

JuicesFlowing
06-05-2009, 02:45 PM
He had no idea that the charity event was going on at that time? So he's a douche bag AND a liar?

chiefs1111
06-05-2009, 02:50 PM
sure you are Brian,sure you are

Mr. Flopnuts
06-05-2009, 02:51 PM
It's your fucking character now, Brian. Fuck you.

DeepSouth
06-05-2009, 02:58 PM
In pictures on the Star web site he looks fat.

The Bronco Rob
06-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Waters is the best player on that entire offense let alone the O-line...

Haley better pucker up....

:hmmm:

Count Zarth
06-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Nah, he's always been a chunky butt. He's just a rotund guy. Look at his calves. Jacked.

I for one hope he stays here and kicks butt. Our line could be very good with Albert, Waters and Goff if Niswanger improves and McIntosh plays like he did at the end of last season.

raybec 4
06-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Waters is the best player on that entire offense let alone the O-line...

Haley better pucker up....

This from the guy whose team gave up their best offensive player for Kyle Fuckin Orton.

jAZ
06-05-2009, 03:08 PM
I had no idea that the charity (event) was going on at that particular date and time, Waters said. I hadnt communicated with anybody and nobody had communicated with me. To think that I would skip out of a charity event that I was involved in for any reason is really not my style, its really not my character.

Good to know.

DeezNutz
06-05-2009, 03:09 PM
So he had no idea that the charity event, of which he was supposed to be a co-host, was going on, yet a lot of his teammates, including the rest of the O-line, did know?

Wow.

You're better than this, aren't you, Brian?

Guess not...

Mr. Krab
06-05-2009, 03:09 PM
let me help Billay out.

I don't give a **** what he says if he makes the pro bowl & the team wins nobody will remember this. Our O-line is much better than last year o-line too

alpha_omega
06-05-2009, 03:18 PM
The title of the article does not match the content!

soundmind
06-05-2009, 03:22 PM
I completely understand an aging veteran choosing to take care of his body, and give himself time to heal and recover, by which I mean sitting out the physical portions of voluntary workouts, but that doesn't mean you couldn't have been there.

I say serve his 350 pound ass a 4 pound turd sandwich and have him sit the bench.

Last I checked, football is still a TEAM sport, and like so many before him, Waters has crossed the threshold to prima donna. "I don't have anything to prove..." How about disproving the rampant talk that you've turned into nothing but a whiny bitch with a pro bowl or 3, who hasn't even sniffed a championship? How about showing the team and your teammates that you care enough to be around when they're working through all this new sh*t? It's part of your job as a TEAMMATE to help other players get better....You could easily make arrangements to be around without taking the strain that the younger players are taking on. But not Waters, not this year, this year he needed to prove he's posta be gettin his millionses....and his props. He ain't havin no "coach" question his street cred.

F*ck Waters. Dead to me.

Raised On Riots
06-05-2009, 03:29 PM
"Nothing to prove". Ha ha. He gave as good as he got.

Count Zarth
06-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Waters has no one to blame for this but himself. He squealed to Whitlock. Nothing else created the situation.

Micjones
06-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Nah, he's always been a chunky butt. He's just a rotund guy. Look at his calves. Jacked.

I for one hope he stays here and kicks butt. Our line could be very good with Albert, Waters and Goff if Niswanger improves and McIntosh plays like he did at the end of last season.

Agreed.

No one should kiss Waters' ass, but if he's willing to fall in line...
I'll be glad to have him back.

Iowanian
06-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Bovine Feces.

The Bronco Rob
06-05-2009, 03:37 PM
This from the guy whose team gave up their best offensive player for Kyle ****in Orton.

" The Chicago Bears acquired disgruntled Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler in a trade on Thursday afternoon, giving up quarterback Kyle Orton and first-round picks in 2009 (18th overall) and 2010, along with a third-round pick (84th overall) in 2009 to do it."

A lil more than just Orton...

Feel free to inform yourself next time...

The Bad Guy
06-05-2009, 03:47 PM
" The Chicago Bears acquired disgruntled Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler in a trade on Thursday afternoon, giving up quarterback Kyle Orton and first-round picks in 2009 (18th overall) and 2010, along with a third-round pick (84th overall) in 2009 to do it."

Sorry, Alphonso Smith and Robert Ayers with Kyle Orton.

Still a big fat fucking LOSE.

The Bronco Rob
06-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Sorry, Alphonso Smith and Robert Ayers with Kyle Orton.

Still a big fat ****ing LOSE.

You forgot Knowshon Moreno........

You also forgot that the team that lost more games than the Detroit Lions gave up the 34th overall pick and 15 million dollars for a career back up QB.

nice work..

SNR
06-05-2009, 04:20 PM

You also forgot that the team that lost more games than the Detroit Lions gave up the 34th overall pick and 15 million dollars for a career back up QB.

nice work..That was the Broncos' pick. They didn't trade anybody to get the pick.

And are you seriously comparing the Chiefs giving up a 2nd round pick for a promising QB to the Broncos who gave up an already well-developed starter for fucking Kyle Orton?

If we got robbed on that deal, then why did your front office pursue the same career backup QB?

stevieray
06-05-2009, 04:24 PM
a vet skipping non mandatory OTA's..but shows up now?

shocking.

JuicesFlowing
06-05-2009, 04:26 PM

nice work..

The same QB that your donkey punch team wanted. If Denver had Cassel you'd be happy.

Fairplay
06-05-2009, 04:28 PM
I figured WPI would have broke this story first.

Fairplay
06-05-2009, 04:29 PM
The same QB that your donkey punch team wanted. If Denver had Cassel you'd be happy.

touch

JuicesFlowing
06-05-2009, 04:32 PM
I figured WPI would have broke this story first.

But is it worth $109?

Reerun_KC
06-05-2009, 04:33 PM
"Nothing to prove". Ha ha. He gave as good as he got.

He has never proved anything.

Micjones
06-05-2009, 04:36 PM

nice work..

You mean the career backup who posted better numbers than YOUR new QB did last season?

Raised On Riots
06-05-2009, 04:36 PM

Who cares? I just like the way he led the press like dogs on a leash who were made to clean up their own shit.

OnTheWarpath58
06-05-2009, 04:37 PM

He's proven he's nothing more than an average lineman without Roaf lining up next to him.

Halfcan
06-05-2009, 04:47 PM
That was the Broncos' pick. They didn't trade anybody to get the pick.

And are you seriously comparing the Chiefs giving up a 2nd round pick for a promising QB to the Broncos who gave up an already well-developed starter for ****ing Kyle Orton?

If we got robbed on that deal, then why did your front office pursue the same career backup QB?

Exactly, but the Cheatin Donks gave up a Pro Bowl QB.

JuicesFlowing
06-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Exactly, but the Cheatin Donks gave up a Pro Bowl QB.

But they acquired a good neck beard.

Raised On Riots
06-05-2009, 04:54 PM
They should have acquired the Pirate's Parrot instead. He can put the football in his talons and fly over everyone; a total touchdown machine!

Mr. Flopnuts
06-05-2009, 05:13 PM
You mean the career backup who posted better numbers than YOUR new QB did last season?

Oh douchebag troll!!!! Where are you douchebag troll?!?!?!?

Fairplay
06-05-2009, 05:18 PM
If i was a donks fan i would be so sad i would want to cut off my own dick so i wouldn't breed anymore donk's fans since they gave away your star QB for Orten.

The Bronco Rob
06-05-2009, 05:25 PM

Yes the career back up who took over the record breaking undefeated in the regular season offense and couldn't even get them to the playoffs..

Ya that one...

:clap:

The Bronco Rob
06-05-2009, 05:28 PM
If i was a donks fan i would be so sad i would want to cut off my own dick so i wouldn't breed anymore donk's fans since they gave away your star QB for Orten.

Ya got me there...BUT is it any worse than...

Not going to a Superbowl in 40 years?

Not winning a playoff game in 16 seasons?

Winning 6 games in two years?

Just sayin'

rad
06-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Yes the career back up who took over the record breaking undefeated in the regular season offense and couldn't even get them to the playoffs.......and my new coach loves him and I'm jealous.

Ya that one...

:clap:

Fixed.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-05-2009, 05:35 PM

Just sayin'

It really sucks that we only won 2 games last year. Well, until you remember that we are in a full on rebuild and beat your candy asses. Not a squeaker mind you, you were fucking dominated.

:) :thailor:

stevieray
06-05-2009, 05:40 PM

Just sayin'

two HOF players in forty years?

LMAO

Pitt Gorilla
06-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Skips OTAs and is out of shape? I can't imagine the two being linked.

The Bronco Rob
06-05-2009, 05:55 PM
It really sucks that we only won 2 games last year. Well, until you remember that we are in a full on rebuild and beat your candy asses. Not a squeaker mind you, you were ****ing dominated.
:) :thailor:

That's funny......

The cheefs always play their Superbowls in September..

The rest of the league plays theirs in January and February...

heh..

The Bronco Rob
06-05-2009, 05:59 PM
two HOF players in forty years?

LMAO

Two HOF players and SIX trips to the Superbowl....

DOH!:banghead:

Mr. Flopnuts
06-05-2009, 06:04 PM

Of which your asshole was left sore 4 times. Good job troll. You were the 1st place loser.

The Bronco Rob
06-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Of which your asshole was left sore 4 times. Good job troll. You were the 1st place loser.

Geez..Cheer up..Maybe you should watch some of the old black & white footage of when the cheefz won the Superbowl...

maybe seeing leather helmeted Len Dawson "matriculating the ball down the field" will bring a smile to your face...

I hear the History Channel shows it from time to time....

LMAO

stevieray
06-05-2009, 06:13 PM

and yet we still have a better winning percentage in the big show.

..beating your head against the wall is not ony understandable, it's appropiate.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Geez..Cheer up..Maybe you should watch some of the old black & white footage of when the cheefz won the Superbowl...

maybe seeing leather helmeted Len Dawson "matriculating the ball down the field" will bring a smile to your face...

I hear the History Channel shows it from time to time....

LMAO

I'm good. Everyone's aware of what it took for your team to "win" it all in the 90's. And frankly the only difference between the Chiefs and Broncos in the 4 you got your assholes raped was draft position. You wanna talk about recent memory? How was that ass whoopin the Donkos took last year from those lowly 2-14 Chiefs? At least the Raiders kept it close when we beat them. Denver looked like a special olympic squad playing the Super Bowl Champions. Feels good huh?

rad
06-05-2009, 06:16 PM
I like how Broncos fans come here and smack about our record.......but their team lost to us.....twice....in those two years...:shake:

The Bronco Rob
06-05-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm good. Everyone's aware of what it took for your team to "win" it all in the 90's. And frankly the only difference between the Chiefs and Broncos in the 4 you got your assholes raped was draft position. You wanna talk about recent memory? How was that ass whoopin the Donkos took last year from those lowly 2-14 Chiefs? At least the Raiders kept it close when we beat them. Denver looked like a special olympic squad playing the Super Bowl Champions. Feels good huh?

Uh the only difference between Denver & KC is..

The Broncos HAVE won a playoff game in the last 16 seasons..

The Broncos went to SIX SUPERBWOLS in the last forty years...

Now run along and admire that rusty Lombardi trophy @ One Camerohead Drive...

Mr. Flopnuts
06-05-2009, 06:21 PM

You really don't want to talk about the embarrassment your team suffered last year do you? It's cool, I wouldn't either if I were you.

Baconeater
06-05-2009, 06:34 PM

OH HE CALLED IT "CAMEROHEAD" THAT IS SO FUNNY AND ORIGINAL.

The Bronco Rob
06-05-2009, 06:35 PM
You really don't want to talk about the embarrassment your team suffered last year do you? It's cool, I wouldn't either if I were you.

embarrassment like the cheefs 3 playoff wins since 1970?

:LOL:

Mr. Flopnuts
06-05-2009, 06:37 PM
embarrassment like the cheefs 3 playoff wins since 1970?

:LOL:

You're deflecting. Playoff wins don't mean shit if you don't win it all.

rad
06-05-2009, 06:40 PM
19-33, motherfucker.

19-33.

The Bronco Rob
06-05-2009, 06:43 PM
You're deflecting. Playoff wins don't mean shit if you don't win it all.

Well I guess the cheefz ain't done squat in 40 years...

;)

Hog Farmer
06-05-2009, 06:53 PM

BWAAHAAA !!!! GOOD LUCK WITH ORTON THIS YEAR!!!! LMAO

Hog Farmer
06-05-2009, 06:55 PM

The Bronco's haven't done shit since horseface retired!

Oh yeah ! Josh Mcdaniels > Jay Cutler LMAO

JuicesFlowing
06-05-2009, 06:59 PM
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/7857/89057705.jpg

Kyle "Neckbeard" Orton ... Seriously.

stevieray
06-05-2009, 06:59 PM
and yet we still have a better winning percentage in the big show.

..beating your head against the wall is not ony understandable, it's appropiate.

whtsamatta donkey rub...no comeback?

shocking.

DeezNutz
06-05-2009, 07:09 PM
If the Chiefs are so irrelevant, why bother to sign up at a Chiefs board to run smack?

rad
06-05-2009, 07:12 PM
If the Chiefs are so irrelevant, why bother to sign up at a Chiefs board to run smack?

What's he gonna do, go to the 'Mange and talk about Kyle Orton?

rad
06-05-2009, 07:14 PM
I heard the new Orton Bronco jersey has a hair flap on the neck.

DeezNutz
06-05-2009, 07:14 PM
What's he gonna do, go to the 'Mange and talk about Kyle Orton?

It would never even cross my mind to go to a Raiders board, for example, and start talking trash.

As message board etiquette is concerned, I can think of few things more pointless.

rad
06-05-2009, 07:15 PM
It would never even cross my mind to go to a Raiders board, for example, and start talking trash.

As message board etiquette is concerned, I can think of few things more pointless.

Maybe that's because you have class.

Shocking, I know....:D

DeezNutz
06-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Maybe that's because you have class.

Shocking, I know....:D

Must be another reason...;)

rad
06-05-2009, 07:24 PM

Must be another reason...;)

Oh....right. Well, uhhh.......maybe it's because you're not hung like a small dog.

You know, not compensating by being a internet tough guy...

How's that?

DeezNutz
06-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Oh....right. Well, uhhh.......maybe it's because you're not hung like a small dog.

You know, not compensating by being a internet tough guy...

How's that?

I have a bike.

rad
06-05-2009, 07:31 PM
I have a bike.

Pretty impressive, posting on CP while caboosing a train of Victoria's Secret models.....

DeezNutz
06-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Pretty impressive, posting on CP while caboosing a train of Victoria's Secret models.....

I'm not posting with my cock man. Think this thing through!

I have two hands for a reason.

FAX
06-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Quarterback envy.

FAX

rad
06-05-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm not posting with my cock man. Think this thing through!

I have two hands for a reason.

You must go through a lot of t-shirts.

The Bronco Rob
06-06-2009, 09:35 AM
The Bronco's haven't done shit since horseface retired!

The Cheefz haven't done sqaut since Len Dawson retired......

LMAO

Coach
06-06-2009, 09:39 AM
The Cheefz haven't done sqaut since Len Dawson retired......

LMAO

And the Broncos haven't done squat since John Elway retired....

The Bronco Rob
06-06-2009, 09:43 AM
And the Broncos haven't done squat since John Elway retired....

1999 or 1973?

Coach
06-06-2009, 09:46 AM
1999 or 1973?

The point is, neither team have gone back to the Super Bowl since.

T-post Tom
06-06-2009, 10:02 AM
So is all this hate misdirected? Maybe some pent up frustration with the teams' recent history? Or maybe a reflection of how little news is currently coming out with the Chiefs right now? Who knows? But in reality, Waters has a good track record on & off the field. Why not cut him some slack & move on?

Noboby but Haley & Waters know what was said in their infamous conversation. Waters never said a word publicly about sitting out. This whole thing snowballed from Whitlock's article, an anonymous source and a lot of speculation. (He must be enjoying the hell out of this.) As for the charity event, I've been to 2 events that Waters participated in. He was nothing short of a good person & true gentleman. I'll take him at his word regarding the miscommunication. Anyone that lives in the real world knows that those things happens.

Worst case scenario: a good guy/player has a bit of a culture clash with the new regime and ultimately ends up with a little edification. JMHO folks.

The Bad Guy
06-06-2009, 10:43 AM

nice work..

You truly are retarded.

Moreno had NOTHING to do with the Cutler trade. Zero. You would have taken him whether you had Jay Cutler or not.

How did we lose more games than the Lions last year? Is that even possible. How do you lose more than 16?

The Denver Broncos traded a franchise QB for Alphonso Smith, Kyle Orton, and Robert Ayers. Say that to yourself 10 times and then drink about a gallon of Nyquill.

The Bronco Rob
06-06-2009, 02:08 PM
How did we lose more games than the Lions last year? Is that even possible. How do you lose more than 16?

Not just one season my friend...

Detroit Lions
9-7

0-16

Kansas City Cheefz
4-12

2-14

feel free to do the math.........

Farzin
06-06-2009, 02:59 PM

Interesting because I saw interviews with Niswanger and Albert on TV and they both said they've spoken to him.

Raised On Riots
06-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Interesting because I saw interviews with Niswanger and Albert on TV and they both said they've spoken to him.

Do you intern for 810?

StcChief
06-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Waters just wants the check.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-06-2009, 03:47 PM
You truly are retarded.

Moreno had NOTHING to do with the Cutler trade. Zero. You would have taken him whether you had Jay Cutler or not.

The Denver Broncos traded a franchise QB for Alphonso Smith, Kyle Orton, and Robert Ayers. Say that to yourself 10 times and then drink about a gallon of Nyquill.

Deep down even the most homerific Bronco fans have to be sick to thier stomachs over that deal. Wow.

JuicesFlowing
06-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Deep down even the most homerific Bronco fans have to be sick to thier stomachs over that deal. Wow.

The beauty in it is that no matter how many games the Chiefs win this year, we all know that they gave Denver the middle finger on the QB position.

Raised On Riots
06-06-2009, 03:55 PM
The beauty in it is that no matter how many games the Chiefs win this year, we all know that they gave Denver the middle finger on the QB position.

I would say a full fisting is more accurate.:LOL:

The Bronco Rob
06-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Waters attends Chiefs' minicamp, refuses to say if he still wants trade

Pro Bowl OG Brian Waters, one of the few shining lights among a dismal 2-14 season, attended the first day of the Chiefs' minicamp Friday, refusing to say whether he is still seeking a trade.

Waters had voiced his desire to be traded earlier in the year after meeting with new head coach Todd Haley and being treated with disrespect, he said. Waters also said that new GM Scott Pioli had refused to meet with him.

Waters was adamant that he had not intentionally skipped a charity event on Wednesday, as had been reported.

Waters said he had no idea what the future holds for him, or whether he will be in Kansas City at the start of the season.

Haley told reporters he had spoken with Waters but refused to say what was discussed or how it went.

:doh!: