PDA

View Full Version : Video Games So im looking for a PS3

KCrockaholic
06-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Im trying to find a used PS3, about 60 GB, in very good condition for about $250-$300. Im sick of XBOX, Microsoft is a POS. Does anyone know of a good site, or know anyone trying to sell a PS3 that fits this description?
thanks.

TinyEvel
06-05-2009, 11:37 PM
is backwards compatibility important?

Mr. Flopnuts
06-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Welcome to the good side, friend.

KcFanInGA
06-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Glad you came around, but no I dont know of any for sale.

TinyEvel
06-06-2009, 02:44 PM
dell.com has occasional, temporary deals where it is, i think, $299 with free shipping.

Fruit Ninja
06-06-2009, 03:30 PM
i would be iffy buying any console used from anyone. You dont know how much that person have used their ps3.

I bought mine used for 300 bucks with 2 controllers and 3 games, its a launch system. BC 60 gig version, but the guy i bought it from is in jail. Still is actually, i knew he didnt use it alot, beucase it was in a box for 7 months before he told his wife to sell it to me. lol

KCrockaholic
06-06-2009, 11:35 PM
backwards compatibility would be nice, but its not a major need I guess. I must admit, I was a Playstion guy for about 10 years straight. Then over the holiday this past year I decided to try out Xbox 360 because it was cheaper, and I wanted to give them a chance. Well lets just say that was a big mistake. I should have never turned away from Sony. I dont even know why Microsoft makes game consoles. Its pretty sad. But thanks for the replies. I am still looking. BTW, I need to sell my P.O.S. Xbox if anyone is interested. I am getting it refurbished, and will sell when it comes back. I also have a few sports games to go along with it.

ChiefsLV
06-07-2009, 05:01 PM
backwards compatibility would be nice, but its not a major need I guess. I must admit, I was a Playstion guy for about 10 years straight. Then over the holiday this past year I decided to try out Xbox 360 because it was cheaper, and I wanted to give them a chance. Well lets just say that was a big mistake. I should have never turned away from Sony. I dont even know why Microsoft makes game consoles. Its pretty sad. But thanks for the replies. I am still looking. BTW, I need to sell my P.O.S. Xbox if anyone is interested. I am getting it refurbished, and will sell when it comes back. I also have a few sports games to go along with it.

Meh, PC is the best. I don't know why consoles are even made. :p

Pestilence
06-07-2009, 05:02 PM
i would be iffy buying any console used from anyone. You dont know how much that person have used their ps3.

I bought mine used for 300 bucks with 2 controllers and 3 games, its a launch system. BC 60 gig version, but the guy i bought it from is in jail. Still is actually, i knew he didnt use it alot, beucase it was in a box for 7 months before he told his wife to sell it to me. lol

I bought mine from Luv.

Fruit Ninja
06-07-2009, 09:33 PM
I bought mine from Luv.

See, thats someone you can trust though. Getting random ps3 or xbox from someone you dont know is bad.

PC used to be the best. Alot of companies dont even make games for PC anymore because of pirates.

Mr. Plow
06-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Im trying to find a used PS3, about 60 GB, in very good condition for about $250-$300. Im sick of XBOX, Microsoft is a POS. Does anyone know of a good site, or know anyone trying to sell a PS3 that fits this description?
thanks.

You selling your 360?

88TG88
06-07-2009, 11:28 PM
See, thats someone you can trust though. Getting random ps3 or xbox from someone you dont know is bad.

PC used to be the best. Alot of companies dont even make games for PC anymore because of pirates.

I got a PS3 from some random dude on here. It works fine and he was real cool.

KCrockaholic
06-08-2009, 01:14 AM
You selling your 360?

Why yes of course I am. The 360 along with Madden 09, NCAA 09, Head Coach, G.H. 3, Metallica, and Aerosmith with guitar.

KCrockaholic
06-08-2009, 01:15 AM
I got a PS3 from some random dude on here. It works fine and he was real cool.

how much was yours? I think ive found my PS3, 80GB, in like-new condition, for $350.

Ted Theodore Logan
06-08-2009, 07:30 AM
I got a ps3 im trying to get rid of its a 60gb maybe I could trade you for your xbox360

Mr. Plow
06-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Why yes of course I am. The 360 along with Madden 09, NCAA 09, Head Coach, G.H. 3, Metallica, and Aerosmith with guitar.

Hmmmm.....

88TG88
06-08-2009, 10:55 AM
how much was yours? I think ive found my PS3, 80GB, in like-new condition, for $350.

plus shipping

aturnis
06-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I got a ps3 im trying to get rid of its a 60gb maybe I could trade you for your xbox360

How much do you want to get out of it?

KCrockaholic
06-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Ok...Im getting a PS3 tomorrow, has 320GB, comes with controller, and all cords for $300. According to this guy it is in great condition and hasn't ever had any problems. Sound like a good deal???

meStevo
06-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Worst case (taking him for his word about it working) it's a non-BC version with a SIXAXIS instead of a Dual Shock 3 (so no rumble) and a 320gb ($70 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152111) hard drive in it. Maybe the discount if $100 on top of the hard drive is because it's an older 60gb with hardware BC and they don't know what they're doing and need the $$.

Good price to find out if the grass is greener, but I wouldn't get rid of the 360 unless you don't have any friends to play it with and you/your significant other don't think you'll ever stream Netflix (and now Last.FM) on the thing.

Now go buy inFamous, and enjoy!

TinyEvel
06-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Now go buy inFamous, and enjoy!

Man, that game gets HARDER the furthe you get into it. I was up until midnight the past couple of nights getting pretty frustrated with some levels. Really good game, though!

It's gonna be only the second game I've finished, other than COD WaW. I have ten games I stopped playing halfway through. I plan to get back and finish them though, I'm gonna finish Uncharted 1 next.

Mr. Plow
06-09-2009, 09:53 AM
I will say that the inFamous game does look pretty sweet.

Guru
06-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Man, that game gets HARDER the furthe you get into it. I was up until midnight the past couple of nights getting pretty frustrated with some levels. Really good game, though!

It's gonna be only the second game I've finished, other than COD WaW. I have ten games I stopped playing halfway through. I plan to get back and finish them though, I'm gonna finish Uncharted 1 next.You haven't played through Uncharted yet? Whats wrong with you man!!!

Basileus777
06-09-2009, 03:39 PM

meStevo
06-09-2009, 06:31 PM
I have issues with Uncharted... and many games really. Not a big puzzle guy, so that's a big strike against Uncharted as it is... I got to that submarine near the beginning where you have to navigate a bunch of cliffs and said screw it after dying a handful of times... havent touched it since.

Since playing EQ though for several years, I've had gaming ADD with everything, I don't finish games... as soon as I get to the 'grind' point (the point where the meat of the game is just repeating the same thing more or less over and over until it ends), I just lose interest and never touch it again. First game I've 'finished' in years was HAWX on PC. I'm still having fun with inFamous, I'm confident I'll finish it.

KCrockaholic
06-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Just wanted to say, my playstation situation is over. I got an amazing deal. The PS3 has 320 GB on it, and is running great. I talked the guy down 60 bucks. I bought it for 240 dollars. Awesome deal! Good bye Xbox!

TinyEvel
06-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Just wanted to say, my playstation situation is over. I got an amazing deal. The PS3 has 320 GB on it, and is running great. I talked the guy down 60 bucks. I bought it for 240 dollars. Awesome deal! Good bye Xbox!

SCHWEET! MAke sure you hook it up to the 'net and PM me your PSN handle, I'll add it to the official PS3 thread header.

TinyEvel
06-09-2009, 10:14 PM
You haven't played through Uncharted yet? Whats wrong with you man!!!

I get game A.D.D. or another game comes out that I want to play. I like it alot, I just kept getting new games. I am also about half-way thru GTA4 MGS4 R2m COD4 and Killzone2 and R&C tool of destruction...and Heavenly Sword. I bought Bioshock and Falllout 3 and haven't even opened them yet cuz I want to finish them once I start them.

KCrockaholic
06-09-2009, 11:40 PM
SCHWEET! MAke sure you hook it up to the 'net and PM me your PSN handle, I'll add it to the official PS3 thread header.

Sounds like a deal. Ill get it on the net asap. It has WiFi built in, but my house has horrible signal. I might have to wait and go to a buddy's house or something to get it connected. Does anyone know of anything that might help it get better signal?

At last!! Online play is free!!! Right?? lol.

TinyEvel
06-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Sounds like a deal. Ill get it on the net asap. It has WiFi built in, but my house has horrible signal. I might have to wait and go to a buddy's house or something to get it connected. Does anyone know of anything that might help it get better signal?

you can ethernet cable the net if you want to, you don't HAVE to use wifi.
Yeah, PSN has a lot of stuff, an yeah, access is free. For life.

Guru
06-10-2009, 12:25 AM

I have tried wireless with the router right next to the PS3 and I still prefer wired. Absolutely no break in signal. If it is possible at all just go wired.

TinyEvel
06-10-2009, 06:47 AM
I have tried wireless with the router right next to the PS3 and I still prefer wired. Absolutely no break in signal. If it is possible at all just go wired.

Listen to this man. He backs up all his MP3s on cassette. :D

Saulbadguy
06-10-2009, 07:01 AM
I use the linksys powerline adapters -way better than PS3's wireless.

KCFalcon59
06-10-2009, 07:20 AM
Listen to this man. He backs up all his MP3s on cassette. :D

LMAO

Guru
06-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Listen to this man. He backs up all his MP3s on cassette. :DWatchu talkin bout Willis. I use 8 track bitch!!!

KCrockaholic
06-15-2009, 03:25 PM
ok guys. help me out. how do you make a new ps3 internet username after somebody else has already made one on your system? i cant make one. thanks

Saulbadguy
06-15-2009, 04:50 PM
ok guys. help me out. how do you make a new ps3 internet username after somebody else has already made one on your system? i cant make one. thanks

There should be a setting called "users" or something like that, you need to make a new user, which will let you create a new PSN account.

KCrockaholic
06-15-2009, 05:34 PM
There should be a setting called "users" or something like that, you need to make a new user, which will let you create a new PSN account.

ok ill give it a try. I actually posted my previous post when I was online on the PS3. I can get on the internet and all, but I cant sign-in. Thanks though, ill try in a bit.