PDA

View Full Version : Life Song association?

tooge
06-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Do you have a song that you associate with a very happy or sad moment or event in life because it was playing at that time? I was driving my dog home from the vet to bury her after putting her down and that song "I'm yours" was on. Now whenever I hear that, I think of that moment. Suckage. What you got?

BigCatDaddy
06-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I have strange flashbacks from most Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin songs.

Kyle DeLexus
06-08-2009, 02:10 PM
The Dance by Garth Brooks. It was the song they played at one of my classmates funeral. We were Freshman in high school when it happened so it was tough. I lost two good freinds that day. She had left town due to a situation that was going on in her family and was just visiting for a break. Her cousin, who was my brothers age, and I had become good friends 2 years earlier.

PhillyChiefFan
06-08-2009, 02:17 PM
The Dance by Garth Brooks. It was the song they played at one of my classmates funeral. We were Freshman in high school when it happened so it was tough. I lost two good freinds that day. She had left town due to a situation that was going on in her family and was just visiting for a break. Her cousin, who was my brothers age, and I had become good friends 2 years earlier.

Mine is also The Dance, for basically the same reasons.

I use to like that song, now I can't even get past the beginning piano part before I have to turn it.

PhillyChiefFan
06-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Magic Carpet Ride will always remind me of college, on a happier note.

Stewie
06-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Dire Straits Brothers in Arms

It was in my tape deck after being dumped by a woman I truly loved. Fortunately, it's not played much on the radio any longer.

unothadeal
06-08-2009, 02:32 PM

A lot of people's is The Dance. Check the comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3VppSgF38A

tooge
06-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Dire Straits Brothers in Arms

It was in my tape deck after being dumped by a woman I truly loved. Fortunately, it's not played much on the radio any longer.

Most dire straits reminds me of camping on float trips. We always listen to them wihile drinkin beer by a fire. Not a bad song association.

Demonpenz
06-08-2009, 02:56 PM
sheee's a brick and I'm drowning slowly

Pablo
06-08-2009, 06:45 PM
sheee's a brick and I'm drowning slowlyben folds five 4 lyfe.
Give me my money back you bitch

I want my money back..

and don't forget to give me back my black t-shirt.

RJ
06-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Suffragette City, the live version, always takes me back to cruising in my buddy's 66 Malibu with the 8 track player blaring.

WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM!

Ray Charles Georgia on my Mind makes me think of when I was a boy. My mom would play that album after we had gone to bed, I'd pretend I was asleep and listen.

An Elvis Costello song, I'm not Angry, was playing when I fell into a quarry with all my clothes and boots on. I was surprised when there wasn't a bottom when I put my hand down, it was hard getting turned around and back to the surface.

Discuss Thrower
06-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Magic Carpet Ride always inspires me to act like an idiot in public.

Everything You Want by Vertical Horizon takes me back to the end of 5th grade... Similarly, "Daydreams" by Hed(PE), "Let It Ride" by BTO, and "Around the Globe" by Nappy Roots will always remind me of the end my first semester of college... I have associations with a lot of my favorite music.

booger
06-08-2009, 07:25 PM
yesterday by the beatles

Buehler445
06-08-2009, 07:29 PM
I listened to the first Taking Back Sunday album for like 3 weeks straight when one of my girlfriends broke up with me. It usually fills me with rage.

Enter Sandman usually makes me think of football.

Same with Smoke on the Water (Our band played it at ball games).

My buddy and I used to listen to Seein' Red by Unwritten Law while we drank beer. That usually reminds me of that.

Inspector
06-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Afternoon Delight.

Yeah, exactly what you're thinking.

Pioli Zombie
06-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Beautiful Day by U2. Super Bowl 36
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
06-08-2009, 08:18 PM
I listened to the first Taking Back Sunday album for like 3 weeks straight when one of my girlfriends broke up with me. It usually fills me with rage.

Enter Sandman usually makes me think of football.

Same with Smoke on the Water (Our band played it at ball games).

My buddy and I used to listen to Seein' Red by Unwritten Law while we drank beer. That usually reminds me of that.Haha..I've probably listened to that first TBS album nearly 500 times. Seriously, and I still like it, but can't listen to it much anymore.

Buehler445
06-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Haha..I've probably listened to that first TBS album nearly 500 times. Seriously, and I still like it, but can't listen to it much anymore.

I sitll like it, but not as much as their other albums.

sportsman1
06-08-2009, 08:31 PM

I use to like that song, now I can't even get past the beginning piano part before I have to turn it.

I'd actually go with Unanswered Prayers by Garth Brooks. Message in that song is one that strikes a cord about getting over shit.

Tribal Warfare
06-08-2009, 08:43 PM
December by Collective Soul reminds me better times when I was growing up

Mr. Krab
06-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Crazy for You by Madonna

Was a seriously downer time of my life. I can't ever hear that song without thinking about the exact time and place i heard it. :deevee:

Billy don't be a hero by Bo Donaldson and Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks.

When i was a kid my parents shipped me off to my aunts' for the summer and i thought they wanted to get rid of me. :deevee: