PDA

View Full Version : Obama What Obama inherited

SBK
06-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Heard this on the radio today and wanted to share it with you. (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_060809/content/01125106.guest.html)

Barack Obama continually, childishly, immaturely blames predecessors for all of the mess that he and he alone has compounded. If he wants to talk about what he inherited, I'd like to put it down on the record what he inherited. The problem is he inherited it temporarily. He's in the process of destroying it.

Barack Obama inherited greatness in a nation. He inherited the birthplace of the individual. He inherited the defender of liberty at home and abroad, the United States of America. He inherited the opportunity to lead a nation of sheer exceptionalism, a nation of equal opportunity, a nation which featured its citizens the right to fail and to try and try and try again. He inherited the financial center and capital of the world. Barack Obama inherited the country that has successfully championed capitalism and widespread prosperity. He inherited a nation which liberated billions of people who lived in oppression. He also inherited great responsibility. He inherited the responsibility to lead this great nation, the world's lone superpower, a nation oriented toward the good of humanity. He inherited the responsibility to preserve and strengthen the free markets and economies that made this the greatest nation in the history of human civilization. He inherited the responsibility to continue the philosophy and the tradition of a country founded on Judeo-Christian morals, ethics, and principles.

He inherited the Constitution of the United States. He did not claim the right to remake it, to rewrite it, to change it. He swore to uphold it. And he's in the process of wreaking as much damage to the Constitution as he can get away with, with nominations like Sonia Sotomayor, as he is wreaking damage to the US economy. Barack Obama did not inherit a mess. He leads a mess. He inherited the United States of America, where anything is possible. And greatness has been delivered to the world time after time in the form of private sector inventions, innovations, advancements in products that improve people's lives for over 200 years. He inherited a country of individuals energized by their liberty and strengthened by their character.

irishjayhawk
06-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Ummm, okay.

petegz28
06-08-2009, 08:18 PM
If he inhertied the crap he says he did..just think of the deficits and such the next guy is going to inherit

Reaper16
06-08-2009, 08:45 PM
LMAO

Zebedee DuBois
06-08-2009, 08:51 PM
I'd say he inherited a Ferrari with warped heads.

or some other silly metaphor.

***SPRAYER
06-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Ummm, okay.

:LOL:

Somebody asked what is the definition of a moonbat; I give you exhibit A.

irishjayhawk
06-08-2009, 10:16 PM
LMAO

That was my second option.

Thig Lyfe
06-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Ditto.

KcFanInGA
06-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Yes.

Velvet_Jones
06-08-2009, 11:07 PM
I'd say he inherited a Ferrari with warped heads.

or some other silly metaphor.

He inherited a Ferrari in need of some tread and he is putting Montgomery Wards bias-ply tires on it?

SBK
06-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Silly me, I actually thought this might spawn some kind of discussion. LMAO

***SPRAYER
06-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Poor Obama. Poor, poor Obama.

jAZ
06-08-2009, 11:25 PM

That wasn't still. It was stupid. That's red-meat talk, not thoughtful-discussion talk.

You swung and missed by a mile if you wanted thoughtful discussion.

Reaper16
06-09-2009, 12:06 AM
What would ever possess you to think that something from Rush Limbaugh would generate actual discussion? Have you forgotten the people that post on this forum?

SBK
06-09-2009, 12:29 AM
That wasn't still. It was stupid. That's red-meat talk, not thoughtful-discussion talk.

You swung and missed by a mile if you wanted thoughtful discussion.

To be perfectly honest, I highly doubt there will ever be a thoughtful discussion when it comes to you and Obama.

SBK
06-09-2009, 12:31 AM
What would ever possess you to think that something from Rush Limbaugh would generate actual discussion? Have you forgotten the people that post on this forum?

LMAO

I considered not linking it....It's amazing, nobody around here discusses the actual content of anything, it's all about the messenger, or the grammar or something.

Cannibal
06-09-2009, 08:33 AM
To be perfectly honest, I highly doubt there will ever be a thoughtful discussion when it comes to you and Obama.

Or you and Obama. Especially if you're quoting Rush Limbaugh.

KcFanInGA
06-09-2009, 08:40 AM
I agree that Obama has done nothing to FIX anything. Any problem he had inheirited, he has compounded. If it wasnt a problem, it probably is now. The voters were hoodwinked and cannot or will not admit it. He has the press saying things like "Obama stands above the world as sort of a God" (Newsweek). Anyone who cannot see that we are in trouble is blind or ignorant.

SBK
06-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Or you and Obama. Especially if you're quoting Rush Limbaugh.

So he's wrong? Obama didn't swear to uphold the constitution, not change it? This nation isn't a powerful force for good?

I'm willing to bet you never even read what he said. Maybe if it had been posted on media matters out of context you would have took it word for word?

irishjayhawk
06-09-2009, 10:16 AM
LMAO

I considered not linking it....It's amazing, nobody around here discusses the actual content of anything, it's all about the messenger, or the grammar or something.

Do you really want me to go through it and discuss the content?

***SPRAYER
06-09-2009, 10:48 AM
LMAO

LMAO

Fish
06-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Everything was fine and peachy until Obama was elected.....

LMAO

I love how Obama critics like Rush can't resist inserting silly adjectives that make the piece sound like a jilted highschooler's emotional poem...

blaise
06-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Everything was fine and peachy until Obama was elected.....

LMAO

I love how Obama critics like Rush can't resist inserting silly adjectives that make the piece sound like a jilted highschooler's emotional poem...

Yeah, adding adjectives to create a slant is limited to Obama critics.

signed,
90% of the blogs on the Huffington Post

SBK
06-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Obama HAS been a huge success, his policies have had amazing results, before he was elected America was the butthole of the galaxy.
Posted via Mobile Device

blaise
06-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Obama HAS been a huge success, his policies have had amazing results, before he was elected America was the butthole of the galaxy.
Posted via Mobile Device

The very fabric of the nation was splitting apart. Mass riots, widespread infanticide, cannibalism- those were all just daily parts of life in the US.

Reaper16
06-09-2009, 01:36 PM
The very fabric of the nation was splitting apart. Mass riots, widespread infanticide, cannibalism- those were all just daily parts of life in the US.
Thank goodness Cordish Co. had the foresight to implement a dress code so that such filth can stay out of the Power & Light District.

blaise
06-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Thank goodness Cordish Co. had the foresight to implement a dress code so that such filth can stay out of the Power & Light District.

I don't support the dress code.

Reaper16
06-09-2009, 01:53 PM
I don't support the dress code.
I was just making a ridiculous post for the sake of humor. I didn't think that emoticons were needed.

blaise
06-09-2009, 02:16 PM
I was just making a ridiculous post for the sake of humor. I didn't think that emoticons were needed.

My bad.