PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs receiver depth chart rundown

The Poz
06-09-2009, 12:12 PM
From Rotoworld.

http://blogs.rotoworld.com/Fantasy_Football/2009/06/chiefs_receiver_depth_chart_ru.php#more

After being released by Chicago, Bradley was acquired via a two-year deal for the minimum on October 1. He easily passed Devard Darling and Jeff Webb on the depth chart despite barely knowing the offense. Picking up eight starts down the stretch, Bradley finished with 30 receptions for 380 yards (12.7 YPC) and three scores.

Here is a look at the Chiefs' current receiver depth chart:

X (split end) - Dwayne Bowe / Terrance Copper / Quinten Lawrence* / Taurus Johnson*
Z (flanker) - Mark Bradley / Devard Darling / Jeff Webb / C.J. Jones / Rodney Wright
Y (slot) - Bobby Engram

* = rookie
Lawrence, the Chiefs' sixth-round pick out of McNeese State, is only being looked at as a return prospect. Johnson is an undrafted free agent. Wright, Jones, and Copper are special teamers. Webb offers pretty good hands and size, but caught only five passes last season and is a fourth-receiver type.

Kansas City has serious depth issues at wideout and is relying heavily on Bowe, Bradley, and Engram. There is also a massive amount of targets to make up with Tony Gonzalez gone. Gonzalez led all tight ends with 154 passes thrown his way last season. New Chiefs starting TE Brad Cottam will be a blocker.

Top receiver Bowe, playing Larry Fitzgerald's old split end position in new coach Todd Haley's offense, is the most obvious candidate to see increased looks. Engram will also command Matt Cassel's attention.

Bradley, the 39th overall pick out of Oklahoma in 2005, is locked in as a starter and will play the role of Anquan Boldin. Injuries, mostly to his knee, cost Bradley 11 games in his first three seasons and he obviously isn't on Boldin's level as a player. But when healthy he should see 7-10 targets per game. The 27-year-old will be worth drafting in all leagues. He has stayed off the shelf this offseason and has the talent to be a fantasy factor in Haley's shotgun-heavy spread. Bradley is the ideal late-round flier pick; a high-upside WR5.

Pestilence
06-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Why the fuck is Jeff Webb still on this team?

Fish
06-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Is anybody else getting tired of the Cardinals/Patriots comparisons like this? Bowe is not Fitzgerald. Bradley is not Boldin. Can't Bowe play the role of Bowe? Geez....

Pioli Zombie
06-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Is anybody else getting tired of the Cardinals/Patriots comparisons like this? Bowe is not Fitzgerald. Bradley is not Boldin. Can't Bowe play the role of Bowe? Geez....

That's exactly what Belichick would say.
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
06-09-2009, 12:26 PM
HAHAHA that depth chart makes me LMAO.

We're fucking morons getting rid of Tony G.

Hog Farmer
06-09-2009, 12:33 PM
If Bradley gets his conditioning right and stays healthy we will have a very good set of starters. If we get bit by the injury bug we're fucked!

Count Zarth
06-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Devard Darling will emerge now that he has a real QB and real offensive coaches. Mark my words.

-King-
06-09-2009, 12:34 PM

We're ****ing morons getting rid of Tony G.

You say this every post :deevee: Quit crying.

Hog Farmer
06-09-2009, 12:38 PM
I totally agree. Getting rid of TG was fucking stupid.

Cassel to Tg would net 1000 + yards easily, and get us two or four more victories.

-King-
06-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Devard Darling will emerge now that he has a real QB and real offensive coaches. Mark my words.

:spock: I stopped believing in him after game 1. The man could have tied the game for us but instead he wants to run like a lineman and get caught on the 1. And then the guy who's balls you fondle couldnt punch it in from there.

Darling will NOT have more than 15 catches this season.

Detoxing
06-09-2009, 12:56 PM
:spock: I stopped believing in him after game 1. The man could have tied the game for us but instead he wants to run like a lineman and get caught on the 1. And then the guy who's balls you fondle couldnt punch it in from there.

Darling will NOT have more than 15 catches this season.

Darling won't even make the team

beach tribe
06-09-2009, 12:59 PM
I really hope Bradley can stay healthy this season, and beyond. Dude played some damn good ball at times. He did have one big drop, but he's easily the 2nd best receiver on this team, and a legit #2 when healthy.

The Poz
06-09-2009, 01:04 PM
This is who's available:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?positionId=1&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffa%3fpositionId%3d1

Matt Jones please.
And no, he won't introduce coke to the younger guys. He'll save it for the strippers.

BarrySPAMAID
06-09-2009, 01:12 PM

We're ****ing morons getting rid of Tony G.

Again, Tony got rid of us. We didnt get rid of him. He didnt want to be here ComoChief. You need to come to grips with that if you haven't already. Just a thought.

BarrySPAMAID
06-09-2009, 01:14 PM

Well said Sir. STAMP !!! Cosign, PLUS oNE!!

Devard has ability, he just needs the damn ball thrown his way.

CoMoChief
06-09-2009, 01:54 PM
You say this every post :deevee: Quit crying.

Who said I was crying. Pretty sure the previous post was me LMAO

Get it right dickbag

Pestilence
06-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Well said Sir. STAMP !!! Cosign, PLUS oNE!!

Devard has ability, he just needs the damn ball thrown his way.

You're like ROR is with Mecca. Except you're all over Claythan's nuts.

Chocolate Hog
06-09-2009, 03:18 PM
It wasn't stupid trading a 33 year old tight end for a 2nd round pick. This is the best wide recieving core the Chiefs have had in years.

bowener
06-09-2009, 03:26 PM
I know I will most likely be disappointed, but I like hearing from Haley and reporters that LJ is doing good catching the ball out of the backfield. That is something we have not had since Priest was here, and is (in my opinion) just as big for a QB as a good TE is. It lets him dump it off when pressured, and if LJ can get his hand skills up (which it seems he is) he will have a few chances a game to make it down the field to punish somed DB's... I would love to see LJ catch a nice pass in stride running a swing route right up the sideline where the only thing in his way is a NB or something... that is always fun to watch.

On another note, Is there a reason we have no other true "slot" receiver on our team? Engram is pretty damn old and it seems it would be wise to pick up a possible backup... didnt Dante Hall just get a GWI or something... maybe he is free on sundays.

BarrySPAMAID
06-09-2009, 06:57 PM
You're like ROR is with Mecca. Except you're all over Claythan's nuts.

Sheeeit. I dont know what your talking about. He should be all over mine.

I just like to acknowledge the Koolaid in all of us.

BigMeatballDave
06-09-2009, 07:03 PM

We're fucking morons getting rid of Tony G.Um, we won 2 games, WITH Tony last season and 4 before that. I will miss TG, but we never won shit with him on this team.

BigChiefFan
06-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Tony is at the end of his career and we still got a 2nd rounder for him. I can't fault the front office in the least.