PDA

View Full Version : Music Your own personal mash-ups.

Direckshun
06-09-2009, 04:36 PM
This idea will probably sink but I've had a fun activity from time to time during my down hours.

If I come across a particularly noteworthy video (or audio) for whatever reason, I feel like adding background music to it can alter how I perceive the information in it.

For example. I came across this (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2009/06/09/exchange_of_the_day.html#030106a) 11-minute video of Sean Hannity interviewing Sarah Palin in what I found to be more of an infomercial than a news-y interview (my opinion, I know this isn't DC).

So I added some background music to it while I watched it. Several varieties.

I played the video while Plastikman's "Consumed" played in the backgrounds. "Consumed" is dark, minimalist, and sinister, and gave this particular video the air of two conspirators of mistruth putting on the charade of populism.

I played the video while listening to the Plump DJs "The Gate," a hustling, bustling dance number. It gave the Hannity interview the feel of a party of propaganda dancing before you, like two ravers in the desert of Burning Man.

I tried it playing Kaki King's "Yellowcake," a soft, sweet whisper of a song. It encapsulated the interview as art in motion, just as carefully crafted as any artist's painting.

I know this idea is a bit of a reach, but I'm curious what anybody else could think of in terms of this kind of mash-up, of any particular idea or . Thanks in advance and I welcome your scorn.

Direckshun
06-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Probably the best I've done so far was mashing up this wedding ceremony (http://www.westborobaptistchurch.com/audio/sermons/index.html?defaultList=weddingsermons) at Westboro Baptist Church with Mogwai's "Like Herod."

mikey23545
06-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Jesus, what a left-wing tool you are.

Demonpenz
06-09-2009, 04:58 PM
i like to add tool with the sound of me making sex

Pestilence
06-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Ummmmmmmmm

TO THE DC WE GO!!!!!

Simply Red
06-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Jesus, what a left-wing tool you are.

this

Simply Red
06-09-2009, 05:30 PM
This idea will probably sink but I've had a fun activity from time to time during my down hours.

If I come across a particularly noteworthy video (or audio) for whatever reason, I feel like adding background music to it can alter how I perceive the information in it.

For example. I came across this (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2009/06/09/exchange_of_the_day.html#030106a) 11-minute video of Sean Hannity interviewing Sarah Palin in what I found to be more of an infomercial than a news-y interview (my opinion, I know this isn't DC).

So I added some background music to it while I watched it. Several varieties.

I played the video while Plastikman's "Consumed" played in the backgrounds. "Consumed" is dark, minimalist, and sinister, and gave this particular video the air of two conspirators of mistruth putting on the charade of populism.

I played the video while listening to the Plump DJs "The Gate," a hustling, bustling dance number. It gave the Hannity interview the feel of a party of propaganda dancing before you, like two ravers in the desert of Burning Man.

I tried it playing Kaki King's "Yellowcake," a soft, sweet whisper of a song. It encapsulated the interview as art in motion, just as carefully crafted as any artist's painting.

I know this idea is a bit of a reach, but I'm curious what anybody else could think of in terms of this kind of mash-up, of any particular idea or . Thanks in advance and I welcome your scorn.

I do like Plastikman, ok. and I have plum dj's sat night lotion, fweiw