PDA

View Full Version : Football Dear Donk Fans, Please come remove this from my town.

Bwana
06-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Judge orders Travis Henry jailed till sentencing

By CLAIR JOHNSON
Of The Gazette Staff
Ex-Denver Bronco running back Travis Henry will stay in federal custody pending sentencing on cocaine trafficking charges, a federal judge ruled this afternoon.

Henry, 30, admitted to Chief U.S. District Judge Richard Cebull that he violated conditions of his release by drinking.

Wearing a blue jail uniform and in handcuffs and shackles, Henry responded "yes, sir" to the judge's questions.

Cebull had allowed Henry to remain free after he pleaded guilty because Henry had civil child-support cases pending against him in Florida courts.

Cebull also had granted a defense request to allow Henry to live in Florida because he had sold his Colorado home. Originally from Frostproof, Fla., Henry had been living in Auburndale, Fla., when he was arrested last month on release violations.

The offense requires mandatory detention after conviction unless the defendant can prove exceptional circum-stances.

Cebull said the exceptional circumstances no longer existed and ordered Henry remanded to custody.

The hearing was over in a matter of minutes and the speedy conclusion seemed to catch Henry's attorney, Harvey A. Steinberg, by surprise.

"Can I be heard?" Steinberg asked.

Cebull asked if it was to try to change his mind.

"Yes," Steinberg replied.

"Not worth it," Cebull said.

Henry's release conditions included a ban on drinking alcohol. A petition to revoke Henry's release said Henry ad-mitted to his probation officer he drank alcohol when an earlier requirement for electronic monitoring was lifted and when he sold his Colorado house and bought his Florida house.

Henry also drank alcohol the night before he pleaded guilty because he believed he was going to jail the next day, the petition said. Cebull had ordered Henry to be tested immediately after he pleaded guilty and he tested positive for alcohol.

When his probation officer asked how often he'd been drinking, Henry was "vague" and answered "not that much," the petition said.

Henry pleaded guilty April 16 to a conspiracy that brought cocaine from Denver to Billings for distribution. He admitted supplying drugs to Billings customers for about two years until September 2008.

Henry is to be sentenced July 15. He faces a minimum mandatory 10 years to life in prison and a maximum $4 million fine.

Henry had signed a five-year, $22.5 million contract with the Denver Broncos before the 2007 season. But Henry had injuries during training camp and was cut a year ago. Henry, who has nine children by nine women, also has been dealing with child-support matters and told the New York Times in March that he was virtually broke.

RNR
06-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Judge orders Travis Henry jailed till sentencing

By CLAIR JOHNSON
Of The Gazette Staff
Ex-Denver Bronco running back Travis Henry will stay in federal custody pending sentencing on cocaine trafficking charges, a federal judge ruled this afternoon.

Henry, 30, admitted to Chief U.S. District Judge Richard Cebull that he violated conditions of his release by drinking.

Wearing a blue jail uniform and in handcuffs and shackles, Henry responded "yes, sir" to the judge's questions.

Cebull had allowed Henry to remain free after he pleaded guilty because Henry had civil child-support cases pending against him in Florida courts.

Cebull also had granted a defense request to allow Henry to live in Florida because he had sold his Colorado home. Originally from Frostproof, Fla., Henry had been living in Auburndale, Fla., when he was arrested last month on release violations.

The offense requires mandatory detention after conviction unless the defendant can prove exceptional circum-stances.

Cebull said the exceptional circumstances no longer existed and ordered Henry remanded to custody.

The hearing was over in a matter of minutes and the speedy conclusion seemed to catch Henry's attorney, Harvey A. Steinberg, by surprise.

"Can I be heard?" Steinberg asked.

Cebull asked if it was to try to change his mind.

"Yes," Steinberg replied.

"Not worth it," Cebull said.

Henry's release conditions included a ban on drinking alcohol. A petition to revoke Henry's release said Henry ad-mitted to his probation officer he drank alcohol when an earlier requirement for electronic monitoring was lifted and when he sold his Colorado house and bought his Florida house.

Henry also drank alcohol the night before he pleaded guilty because he believed he was going to jail the next day, the petition said. Cebull had ordered Henry to be tested immediately after he pleaded guilty and he tested positive for alcohol.

When his probation officer asked how often he'd been drinking, Henry was "vague" and answered "not that much," the petition said.

Henry pleaded guilty April 16 to a conspiracy that brought cocaine from Denver to Billings for distribution. He admitted supplying drugs to Billings customers for about two years until September 2008.

Henry is to be sentenced July 15. He faces a minimum mandatory 10 years to life in prison and a maximum $4 million fine.

Henry had signed a five-year, $22.5 million contract with the Denver Broncos before the 2007 season. But Henry had injuries during training camp and was cut a year ago. Henry, who has nine children by nine women, also has been dealing with child-support matters and told the New York Times in March that he was virtually broke.

LMAO I feel your pain!

Bwana
06-09-2009, 06:32 PM
LMAO I feel your pain!

Heh, you don't want to piss off judge Cebull.

JOhn
06-09-2009, 06:40 PM
ROFL

Nice

Dottefan
06-09-2009, 08:22 PM
I HATE DENVER

boogblaster
06-09-2009, 08:32 PM
dumb dumb is all i can say ..

Dottefan
06-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Why some of these guys feel the need to throw their lives and carrers away by doing stupid ish like this, I will never understand

stlchiefs
06-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Crazy, he admitted to supplying coke for 2 years until Sept '08, which dates back to his playing days. I guess NFL money just wasn't enough to support all his kids.

Slainte
06-10-2009, 02:34 AM
One thing I've noticed in my life is that there is never a shortage of people who have won the Golden Ticket in life and then procede to cheerfully throw it in the garbage. Strange.

bevischief
06-10-2009, 06:51 PM
What no bird bombs?

rockymtnchief
06-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Jeez, how did I miss this? I need to stop working so much.

Bwana
06-10-2009, 07:22 PM
What no bird bombs?

He will be here for a long time, you never know. :thumb: