PDA

View Full Version : KSU Floyd resigns from USC

the Talking Can
06-09-2009, 08:01 PM
he lost his "enthusiasm" ROFL

Arizona dodged a bullet

Report: Tim Floyd Resigns From USC

Embroiled in controversy, Southern California coach Tim Floyd resigned on Tuesday.

The Clarion Ledger of Jackson, Miss., first reported the resignation. The newspaper obtained the letter that the coach submitted to USC athletic director Mike Garrett. It read:

"As of 1 p.m. today, I am resigning as head basketball coach at the University of Southern California. I deeply appreciate the opportunity afforded me by the university, as well as the chance to know and work with some of the finest young men in college athletics. Unfortunately, I no longer feel I can offer the level of enthusiasm to my duties that is deserved by the university, my coaching staff, my players, their families, and the supporters of Southern Cal. I always promised my self and my family that if I ever felt I could no longer give my full enthusiasm to a job, that I should leave it to others who could. I intend to contact my coaching staff and my players in coming days and weeks to tell them how much each of them means to me. I wish the best to USC and to my successor."

In a statement from the school, Garrett said the school will start a search for a new coach immediately.

"I accept Tim's decision and wish him well," Garrett said.

Floyd has been accused of giving money to a man who helped O.J. Mayo land with the Trojans. According to a May 12 Yahoo! Sports report, Louis Johnson -- a former confidante of Mayo -- said that Floyd gave Rodney Guillory, an associate of sports agent Bill Duffy, $1,000. Such a payment would constitute a major violation of NCAA rules.

In the USC statement, Todd Dickey, senior vice president of administration said: "The University is cooperating fully in the continuing investigation with the NCAA and Pac-10 into all allegations of NCAA and Pac-10 rules violations at USC. The University, the NCAA and Pac-10 have jointly conducted interviews of approximately 50 witnesses. No conclusions have yet been reached. At this point, it would be both inappropriate and premature to comment further."

A person close to Floyd said Tuesday night that he was surprised by the coach's resignation, but did say in his conversations with him throughout the past few weeks that the allegations against Floyd had begun to wear on him. The person, who requested his name not be used, said that Floyd was innocent of the charge that he had given cash to Guillory, but that Floyd knew fighting the charge would take an enormous amount of effort in the coming months.

Over the past few weeks, there had been countless rumors throughout the California basketball circuit that Floyd would be out as coach, but with the decision coming from USC, not from the coach.

SBK
06-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Sanctions on the way I suppose. LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

88TG88
06-09-2009, 08:11 PM
I hear it's snactions.

shakesthecat
06-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Tim, please come back to Iowa State.

Ebolapox
06-09-2009, 08:16 PM
f*ck you, tim, AND marcus fizer.

Buehler445
06-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Yeah, he turned down the other jobs because "he wasn't done here" and "he wanted to build something"

un-huh. I believe the enthusiasm bit. Sure do.

Ultra Peanut
06-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Calipari to USC! It's his dream job!

P.S. Momo Jones please come to Memphis now kthx.

Ultra Peanut
06-09-2009, 08:52 PM
I hear it's snactions.Mmm, snacktions! Sure, it's punishment, but it's DELICIOUS punishment!

Skip Towne
06-09-2009, 08:53 PM
$1000? K-State couldn't match $1,000? Shameful. Ruined Saul's GRCOAT.

wild1
06-09-2009, 08:54 PM
karma, for the Reggie Bush sanctions they should have gotten?

Frankie
06-09-2009, 09:40 PM

The thought crossed my mind too. But my brain didn't tell me if it was sarcasm or not.

shakesthecat
06-09-2009, 10:00 PM
The thought crossed my mind too. But my brain didn't tell me if it was sarcasm or not.

I'm still not sure myself.

SBK
06-09-2009, 11:00 PM

There is no way ISU could get a worse coach than the one they have now.