PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs' Cottam doesn't expect to fill Tony G's shoes

Tribal Warfare
06-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Cottam on competing for the starter position (http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=4462673)

Mr. Kotter
06-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Pussy.

:shake:

kcjayhawks5
06-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Pussy.

:shake:

yea come on brad. you should be like im going to step up big this year and show everybody that i can be the number 1 motha fukka.

|Zach|
06-09-2009, 11:28 PM
For such a large guy he does some really great things in space in small amount of time I have seen him. Kind of Chase Kauffmanesque.

evolve27
06-09-2009, 11:28 PM
That interview was as promising as Kris Wilson!

Mr. Kotter
06-09-2009, 11:45 PM
yea come on brad. you should be like im going to step up big this year and show everybody that i can be the number 1 motha fukka.

Fuggin', hey....right on, bro. :thumb:

DaneMcCloud
06-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Cottam's expected to be a blocker in this offense.

For heaven's sakes, he only had 21 catches in four years at Tennessee.

Let's just hope he's a solid blocker for starters.

Fruit Ninja
06-10-2009, 12:30 AM
He needs to catch some passes though. He's going to be a blocker, but he needs to get involved in the passing game. We dont have 2 steller wide recievers in this offense. We need Cottom to be decent in the passing game.

Chiefshrink
06-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Cottam's expected to be a blocker in this offense.

For heaven's sakes, he only had 21 catches in four years at Tennessee.

Let's just hope he's a solid blocker for starters.

Precisely, he took the place of Jason Dunn when he was drafted.

|Zach|
06-10-2009, 12:45 AM

I don't agree with this. He WILL be more a part of the passing game than Dunn ever was.

Chiefshrink
06-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Well after watching the video I didn't get the feeling he was "pussing out". Quite frankly, I think he was playing the "humble team guy" card which is smart. And he seems quite mature to make the distinction between himself and Tony knowing full well he is a different kind of player. It seems like Brad is a man who knows his strengths and will play very hard to those strengths and improve on whatever weaknesses he has.

Body language say's he is very competitive FWIW. He is a Pioli guy!!!

Chiefshrink
06-10-2009, 12:53 AM
I don't agree with this. He WILL be more a part of the passing game than Dunn ever was.

I'm not saying he won't be but when the Chiefs drafted him at the time remember they chose not to bring back Dunn and they had no one to block for Johnson. I agree he will be probably more involved in the passing game but blocking is one of his strengths on top of being Chase Coffmanesque.

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm still hoping that Lebron James comes to KC to play TE for the Chiefs

BarrySPAMAID
06-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Allow me to post a little portion of a piece I wrote about Cottam Febuary 15, 2009

"First and foremost, Brad Cottam has very impressive size my friends. He is huge.

Secondly, for a guy his size, he has some NFL level skills that I'm sure you all were paying attention too in his rookie year. Now I know what the “experts” are going to say,…. He was a rookie Barry. He only started 10 games in his tenure at Tennessee, and had injury problems…or..he only had seven receptions for 63 yards in 2008 or whatever!

Well Guess what...This guy spent his entire 2008 NFL rookie season blocking my friends, and my guess is that Herm and his staff needed him too. Again, an educated guess, but why not Brad Cottam?

For instance, did you know that his average YPR in those 63 yards was 9 yards? Bet you didn’t know that. Or maybe you don’t remember the New York Jets game, when he had FOUR catches, and two first downs. How about the Saints game when he had a 19 yard catch for yet another first down?

The common anomaly that I find is this young player,.. oh my brothers and sisters of Chiefsnation, is that every time number 87 was called through the helmet, every time he touched the ball,….. he made a play folks. So why not Brad Cottam?"

I still feel the same. He's gonna block alot this year, but I think he may make a play or two as well.

Fruit Ninja
06-10-2009, 02:33 AM

except for the fact that he's now the starter something Dunn has never done i beleive.

He's has to get into the passing game and make some plays.

We are going to go pass happy at times, its going to happen, and he's going to have to be a good part of that when he's called upon.

SNR
06-10-2009, 09:09 AM
I don't agree with this. He WILL be more a part of the passing game than Dunn ever was.The only times Dunn was involved in the passing game was when Trent Green threw in his direction but it slid through his hands and went the other way for an interception.

Trent/Dunn usually had about 2 or 3 of those kinds of plays per season. Every single one of them pissed me off.